Options

Call of Cthulhu: The Edge of Darkness

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ZeroZero wrote: »
    mrpaku wrote: »
    "I don't want to get these people riled up. There's a weird sort of vibe around this place. Don't tell me you haven't felt it, and people get territorial about their dirty laundry."
    "Yeah I've felt it too. We need that book. I have no idea how to get it though."

"Are you daft? Look at the journal entry. It says there is a translated copy in that house!"

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    "I just realized the same thing. The journal said that there was a translation in the farm house! All we need to do is go there, get the translation and figure this out! Lets get out of here!"

Jon goes around collecting the other members of the party and heads to the car

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    "I knew that...I wanted to get at one in here if I could. Because if what this journal says is true, that thing is in there with it. Sorry for keeping things on a need to know basis, pard."

Sam walks to the car in a foul mood, obviously displeased at the entire proposition.

mrpaku on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    "It looks like we're gonna haveta go up there t'that farmhouse. I'm gonna need a heavy drink b'fore I got the courage f'r that, though."

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "alright every one in the car"

As soon as every one is in the car, Jon drives out to the village

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Sam grins slightly at the bum, reaching into his long coat and pulling out a flask. He tosses it to Ben, informing him that it's only cheap whiskey, but it's something.

mrpaku on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dick leaves the pub in a huff and hikes out to the farmhouse's gate where he anticipates the others will be arriving at any moment.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Hell, as you c'n see, I'm a beggar, so I don't s'pose I can be much of a chooser."

Takes a big swig of the flask

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Soon the car comes roaring up the dirt road to the farm house and stops right infront of Dick

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Ross's Corners consists of a few tired buildings and farms. The prosperity of long farms has long been in decline. No more than forty people live here. A church and combinatino general store, post office, gas station, and milk depot are the community's centers.

You meet up with Ravage, who informs you that although the citizens are tactiturn, he's managed to find out a couple things.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    *looks out the window at the scenery which somehow felt wrong though he could never explain why*

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "So Dick, what have you managed to find out from the people around here?"

• Options
    edited June 2007
    "These folks look a mite sour. I'm surprised they mustered th' air to tell ya to peddle y'r papers."

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sam shifts uncomfortably from foot to foot, glancing around somewhat nervously at the new surroundings.

mrpaku on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    "The ankle-biters around reckon it's haunted. Apparently some old sap vanished when he went searching the place at night. All the levies are paid up though, so people must have minded their own beeswax about it for the most part. I don't like it. I don't think we need to go in there. I mean, what's at stake? The old man might have just been mad."

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "There is some thing dark in there, and we've been charged with stopping it. Well, shall we head into the house? We're not doing much good standing here, now are we? Who has the key?"

• Options
    edited June 2007
    "You look a bit antsy, Sam. Maybe you need this a bit more than me."

hands back the flask, but not before taking another quick nip

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    bsjezz wrote: »
    "The ankle-biters around reckon it's haunted. Apparently some old sap vanished when he went searching the place at night. All the levies are paid up though, so people must have minded their own beeswax about it for the most part. I don't like it. I don't think we need to go in there. I mean, what's at stake? The old man might have just been mad."

"I'm still waiting to see what any of us stand to gain by this proposition. I was promised no monetary compensation for...ghost hunting, or whatever the blast you would call it."

Sam thankfully accepts the flask back from Ben, drinking long and deep from it.

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Alright, I reckon I got enough Dutch courage in me t' head inside, who's with me?"

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    *pulls out the BAR and makes sure it is loaded* "This seems like the right time to have Anabelle out. Wouldn't you gentlemen agree?"

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Jon heads for the door, stepping up onto the porch

"Lets go"

• Options
    edited June 2007
    *covers the door as Jon gets ready to open it* "I've got ya covered."

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Ok thanks"

Jon unlocks and opens the door. It opens with a creak, but nothing jumps out to kill any one.

"Well, looks alright to head in. Lets go.

• Options
    edited June 2007
    With a dark stare and another swig of the bottle, Sam approaches the door with the group, reassuringly resting his hand near his concealed revolver.

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Alls I got is my old swiss army knife, I use it more for jimmyin' than fightin', but it might come in handy. Ready when you gents are."

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Will, why don't you open the door? You seem to be prepared for any thing"

*chuckles slightly and then nods*
    *Will slowly eases the door open while he trains Annabelle on the opening*

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Spot Hidden check:

Skill: 30%

Roll: 21

result: Pass

• Options
    edited June 2007
    The ancient house sits atop a hill, visible from the road and about a hundred yards east of it. It is of early 18th century saltbox design with a high peaked roof and windows sealed by sagging shutters. The roof is bowed, but all the shingles are intact.

On lintels over all the doors and windows are carved symbols of a strange nature. Blackstone identifies them as symbols of power used to ward against otherworldly spirits.

The locked front door opens easily with the key, beckoning inside.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Spot Hidden check:

Skill: 30%

Roll: 21

result: Pass

You notice a recently-dead raccoon laying in the knee-high grass. Turning it over, it's obvious how it died - the animal's breast is stained with clotted blood, and a large hole has been chewed into its chest. Its ribs were gnawed apart and then its heart was neatly eaten out. A fox could have done it, but you have an uneasy feeling after noticing the smooth edges of the wound.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Jeezum, but it's drafty in here! I'm half fulla firewater n' I'm shiverin' like a wet dog!"

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Well shall we head in? It looks safe enough."

Jon steps inside and looks around. Thing appear normal if a bit dusty.

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Spot Hidden Check:

Skill 25
    Roll 10
    Pass.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Within, the front room of the house is dirty and long untouched. Dust lies thickly on the mantle and empty shelves, while dead leaves and detritus cover the floor. The wooden floor is badly warped and stained, the result of water leaking through the roof and ceiling. Rot has eaten away at an old couch and matching wing chairs. Perhaps theya re the source of the faint foul odor in the room.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Shall we search the house? I don't think we should split up, but I think that we should start up stairs and work our way down."

• Options
    edited June 2007
    "Smells a bit too, but nothin' worse than I normally deal with, I 'spose."

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    *motions for everyone to be quiet and slowly edges into the room*

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sam raises his hand to his face as a sort of feeble deterrent to the smell permeating the room. He whispers, "Alright guys, let's find that book and let's find it fast. I don't like being in here."

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "Lets head upstairs. There might be a study or some thing up there. Best place to find a book is in a man's study."

• Options
    edited June 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »
    Sam raises his hand to his face as a sort of feeble deterrent to the smell permeating the room. "Alright guys, let's find that book and let's find it fast. I don't like being in here."

*speaking in a whisper* "Shut it. We don't need anyone or anything knowing that we're here. I'll check upstairs and you're welcome to join me."

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    "I'm right b'hind you fellas, lead the way."

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif