edited August 2007
    Laura something
    Laura Tarrant AKA Laura Torch, IIRC.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Prot3us wrote: »
    Interesting, I was really hoping for something along the lines of Transmetropolitan but I'll see how this pans out.

In that case, you'd be better off reading Doktor Sleepless, Ellis' other new series.

It has a distinct Transmet vibe, although I personally feel it won't be of the same quality based on the very little I've read.

Bob The Monkey on
  • Options
    AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Man are they growing you fuckers in a factory or something?

I you're talking to me I wasn't saying anything like "Zomg Bush must be killed lolz" I was just saying that it takes balls to kill Bush specially in such a violent manner (at least that's what it seems) in a comic. That's all. Should have been more clear, but you guys don't have to take things so seriously.

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If you would post in a more mature manner, people would be less likely to think you are a moron. Presenting your thoughts in sentences is always a good idea.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If you would post in a more mature manner, people would be less likely to think you are a moron. Presenting your thoughts in sentences is always a good idea.

Yeah you're right, but it's not like I said anything insultive. I said it was awesome to see that and I still think it is. I wasn't familiar with this writer and I didn't know there were comics that had this sort of thing, so it's nice to see someone with the stones to write this , because at the end of the day it's just fiction.
    I admit that I could have explained myself better, but you don't have to be so damn serious about a post in an internet forum about a comic book.

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I didn't read the preview issue, but from #1, I didn't get any idea that it was supposed to be Bush that was murdered. Just "the President". Seems extremely likely to me to be a fictional character.

...a fictional character that most likely represents Dubya, natch.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If you look at the zero issue cover, someone who looks awfully like a blood covered Bush is laid out on the floor. I didn't notice that until last night when I was flipping through it again.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    this is completely off-topic, but mask:

your sig confuses me.

is it saying that you never need to say "if you only knew him" about someone who wasnt a jackass.

yes. i think so.

i just need to get that cleared up.

edit: fuck double+ negatives.

PantheraOnca on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It means that the only time you hear someone say "if you only knew him", it's about a person who is a dipshit.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ok. good.

/derailment over

PantheraOnca on
  • Options
    graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    It means that the only time you hear someone say "if you only knew him", it's about a person who is a dipshit.

Are you jealous of said person?

graizur on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's a goddamn phrase.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    About this comic I wonder if other characters in other companies will follow suit if this becomes popular. Will Presidential Assassinations become the new big guns, grimace, dark and brooding?

graizur on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2007
    I'm going to guess no.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm going to guess no.

What if the Prez was a Skrull or Lex Luthor, again.

graizur on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Prez3.jpg

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't think so Graizur. I mean, superfolk rebelling isn't terribly new but to that extent...no.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    I don't think so Graizur. I mean, superfolk rebelling isn't terribly new but to that extent...no.

Give it time.

graizur on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    no that is pretty dumb graizur

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    no that is pretty dumb graizur

So is more then half the things that exist. They Made Lex prez. Give it time.

graizur on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    the hot new trend in comics

assassinations

the justice league could get trapped back in time and we find out that actually lincoln was killed by wonder woman in an elaborate disguise!

the punisher starts world war one when a stray bullet tags the wrong archduke

sounds reasonable

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    locomotivemanlocomotiveman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I seem to recall that JFK had an unfortunate cameo in a DC comic in either 1963 or a very foolishly published 1964 but I may be mistaken.

locomotiveman on
    aquabat wrote:
    I actually worked at work on Saturday. Also I went out on a date with a real life girl.

Can you like, permanently break the forums?
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Prez3.jpg

dude, i LOVE the fact that there's a random native in the background

delphinus on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    delphinus wrote: »
    Prez3.jpg

That's the VP, lives in a teepee behind the Whitehouse. Or in front of it. I forget which.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    delphinus wrote: »
    Prez3.jpg

Dude, way to not know your Prez

That's his good-natured Indian Friend who teaches him how to talk to Animals

Duh

God, I'm glad I'm not kidding. That's too good not to exist.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    That Prez issue of Sandman gave me a new respect for the character. I wish he was in continuity, or at least had a re-imagining on the way.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That Prez issue of Sandman gave me a new respect for the character. I wish he was in continuity, or at least had a re-imagining on the way.

The hell have I not read sandman yet? It even has PREZ?

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

As a Christ allegory, and with Boss Smiley as Satan.

Also, art by Mike Allred!

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I like the abilities they list for him on his Wikipedia page:
    Abilities Executive authority, power of veto; superior unarmed hand-to-hand combatant

Maybe with the return of the multiverse we'll get a return of Prez!

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    god I need to read more Sandman

hurry up Absolute Editions!

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    yeah

that section is probably the best part of Sandman that doesn't involve Emperor Norton

also:

i would love this comic but the expressions piss me off

wtf.jpg

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Now that I think about it, DC could easily bring Prez back in the new Freedom Fighters series as the illegitimate son of Uncle Sam.

I came up with something like that for Booster Gold's reality hopping reality tv super-team in that old "Make Your Own Super-Team!" thread.

Just think, Prez as the canon President of the DCU version of America...

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    GaineGaine Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Which would actually make sense with the ending of his story in Sandman...

Gaine on
    obamaprime1.jpg
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

As a Christ allegory, and with Boss Smiley as Satan.

Also, art by Mike Allred!

I'm kinda disappointed to find out Gaiman didn't make up those characters himself.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Servo wrote: »

assassinations

the justice league could get trapped back in time and we find out that actually lincoln was killed by wonder woman in an elaborate disguise!

sounds reasonable

I would like to see a comic where due to a series of time travel mistakes, unfortunate accidents and wacky hijinxs it turns out that Wonder Woman is responsible for every major politcal assassination for the past two hundred years

That would be pretty funny

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

assassinations

sounds reasonable

I would like to see a comic where due to a series of time travel mistakes, unfortunate accidents and wacky hijinxs it turns out that Wonder Woman is responsible for every major politcal assassination for the past two hundred years

I'd love to see a panel with Wonder Woman shooting another Wonder Woman in a Jack Ruby/Oswald parody. It would be glorious.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007

assassinations

sounds reasonable

the idea is mildly reminiscent of the really terrific plastic man storyline where plas and his crew have to go back in time and end up needing to kill abraham lincoln in order to preserve the future

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    summer.

is it black?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

assassinations

sounds reasonable

the idea is mildly reminiscent of the really terrific plastic man storyline where plas and his crew have to go back in time and end up needing to kill abraham lincoln in order to preserve the future
    Like Tikka to Ride, but with Lincoln instead of JFK

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Black Summer: Ironically not featuring a single black person (that we know of).

wwtMask on