edited September 2007
    also what company is releasing it.

silkypea on
    from the bottom of the bottle to the top of the throne
    doom the fuck tree
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Issues 0, 1, and 2 are out. Published by Avatar Press.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    silkypeasilkypea Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    do you think a comic shop will have copies still or is it selling really well
    also is issue 0 nessareareaay(spelling)

silkypea on
    doom the fuck tree
  • Options
    mulliganmulligan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    silkypea wrote: »
    nessareareaay(spelling)

the light of your intellect outshines even the brightest star.

(translation: you are a retard)

mulligan on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Holy shit.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    Peeps ChickenPeeps Chicken Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It gets even better if you look at his signature. "dypers to the depns"

Peeps Chicken on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    0, 1, and 2 are out. 3 is coming out some time between now and Oct 31.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    most of you guys are geek assholes... who gives a shit how you spell. get a fucking life

silkypea on
    doom the fuck tree
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Who does? Anyone who enjoys proper discourse and conversation, you lazy troll. Get a dictionary.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    silkypea wrote: »
    most of you guys are greek assholes... who gives a shit how you spell. get a fucking life

By Zeus!

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    well i wasn't trying to be real mean or anything but really quit being such assholes

and the point is that I could have spelled out necessary but i didn't feel like it and everyone knew what I was talking about.

silkypea on
    doom the fuck tree
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Don't get your nappies in a twist.

And seriously, ness-a-rea-reaay? You can get spell checkers for browsers these days, that will make it less painful to fumble your way towards 'necessary.'

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    Really, quit squabbling in a perfectly good thread about a perfectly good comic book. If you want to have an argument then take it somewhere else.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Could we please talk about Black Summer in here? It is totally awesome.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Black Summer is just an eight issue mini-series right? I was considering picking it up but it was that or walking dead vol. 7 and i picked the walking dead but is it really worth picking up. Come on nah.

silkypea on
    doom the fuck tree
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm not sure what you said, or what language it was.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Don't be an ass, it was perfectly inteleegaagiibble.

Nartwak on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Read some previews, silkypea. You can find previews on popcultureshock, but they have the numbering wrong sometimes.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    will do

silkypea on
    doom the fuck tree
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    BLACK SUMMER #3 will be in stores October 10th.
    He said it on the CBR forums.

That is awesome enough to warrant a double-revolver.
    artemisfd6.jpg

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Don't forget the underbarrel grenade launcher.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    She calls it The Shocker.
    psych

Artemis has such a cool transformation. The henshin roots are the most obvious in her transformation. Hyde literally armors up too.

I enjoy the artwork a lot, except when things get too explodey and start looking... sloppy almost. Too many explosions maybe? I'm not sure what it is.

The regular covers are pretty cool. I like the recurrence of the left half of one of the Gun's faces. The comics might look neat mounted on your wall that way. Maybe not, I do not know.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I made an album with covers. They can all be found other places, but this centralizes it.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited October 2007
    You only have one cover in there, mate.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Whoops. Error corrected. Reading Black Summer 2 again, I really enjoyed the inversion of the cover. With issue 1, there was a gun all up in Tom's grill. Issue 2 sees Artemis pointing that double-volver in our face. That's neat.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    So what are everyone's thoughts on Black Summer #3?

It was nice to see the team interacting, even if it was mostly bitching. Poor Dom really wants the rest of the Guns to respect him.
    When I first some Tom with his half of a leg, I thought "why the hell does he not have some advanced cyborg replacement?" Turns out Dom made him one years ago, and Tom was too depressed and drunk over Laura's death to get off his ass and use it.

Tom's costume was very cool. The visual of his helmet surrounding his head was very awesome. Nice to see exactly what his powers were. I guess he hacks the data cloud around him with his mind.

The ending was kind of a holy shit moment for me. Tom hacks that tank and commits suicide, but acts like he is surrendering. I hope he is not really gone, because I enjoyed the character and wanted more.

So the rest of the Seven Guns arrive, Zoe thinks Tom was trying to surrender, and then the Guns declare WAR.

Maybe, just maybe, Tom somehow faked his death with no-one knowing. I know it is a stretch, but I really want to see more of him in action. He became functional, used his powers for the first time (that we see) and kills himself in all of a dozen pages! Say it ain't so! I really want to see him hunting Blacksmith, all powered up and pissed off.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I liked it well enough, but the issue felt really short. Also, did anyone notice that Tom's outfit is basically the same as John's, but black?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah I think that was sort of the point.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, they seem to be opposites.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Maybe, just maybe, Tom somehow faked his death with no-one knowing. I know it is a stretch, but I really want to see more of him in action. He became functional, used his powers for the first time (that we see) and kills himself in all of a dozen pages! Say it ain't so! I really want to see him hunting Blacksmith, all powered up and pissed off.
    I'd be surprised if Tom is dead, it seems like an awful lot of work to kill himself. Seems to me he was more interested in proving the point to the rest of them, mostly Dom, that they don't have the option to surrender now. If Tom is the anti-John he especially needs to stay around.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    And one of the programs/commands he ran was TomNoirX2, whatever that means.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    BLACK SUMMER ALPHA
    blacksummeralpha.jpg
    blacksummeralphawrap.jpg
    In a new edition, the start of the Warren Ellis masked hero epic, Black Summer, is available again! With the complete #0 and #1 issues together in one book, here is your chance to get the start of the super-powered epic everyone is talking about! This unbeatable package is also available for the special price of just $2.99! The Alpha issue comes with all-new covers by series artist Juan Jose Ryp in 3 editions, the Regular, Wraparound, or a special Poster Edition that comes bagged with a 24 x 36 poster of the original cover of #0!
    32 pages, $2.99 (Poster Edition, $5.99).

BLACK SUMMER #4
    sep073407e.jpg
    bs4oi.jpg
    I am having difficulty finding covers for 4... that are not really tiny.
    Another one of the Seven Guns down. With the size of the remaining team reduced, the one-time friends of John Horus are on the run, and time’s ticking away. Surrender is no longer an option — the team have to find John Horus before the army find them… With art by the genius Juan Jose Ryp, no fan of The Authority or Wanted will want to miss this bleeding-edge eight issue masterpiece. This issue is available with a regular or wraparound cover and also a rare 1-in-25 cover featuring the Dominic Atlas Hyde design sketch, all by series artist Juan Jose Ryp.

BLACK SUMMER #5
    bs5.jpg
    Black_Summer_5_Wrap_Cover.jpg
    The Seven Guns’ flare of anger following the death of one of their own has burned itself out. But they must know there’s going to be retaliation. They must know that, sooner or later, the scale of what Frank Blacksmith has been doing over the last few years would be revealed to them. A private army, waiting for the day Frank would be ordered to wipe out the Guns… It’s going to be a super-powered conflict unlike any you’ve ever seen! With art by the genius Juan Jose Ryp, no fan of The Authority or Wanted will want to miss this bleeding-edge eight issue masterpiece. This issue is available with a regular or wraparound cover and also a rare 1-in-25 cover featuring the Tom Noir design sketch, all by series artist Juan Jose Ryp.

BLACK SUMMER #6
    blacksummer6.jpg
    blacksummer6wrap.jpg
    Warren Ellis' masked hero story hits its penultimate issue. John Horus has come home, to the place where the Seven Guns started. Which may have been the plan all along -- because, in the chaos of the conflict between the Guns and the army, it's the only place in America where he can be trapped and killed by Frank Blacksmith's new super-team of Tactical Guns. This issue is available with a regular or wraparound cover and also a rare 1-in-25 cover featuring a Tactical Guns design sketch, all by series artist Ryp.
    32 pages, $2.99.

This just keeps getting more and more holy shit awesome with every issue.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Rey Del AguilaRey Del Aguila __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    None of the covers show Tom returning :(

When does the next one ship?

Rey Del Aguila on
    Because you know who SAID you know what with you know who, let's keep that between me and you.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    We should be getting Black Summer #4 some time this month, either next week or the week after. This title has been coming out every month consistently.

We have seen all of the covers except 7. Maybe Tom will be on that, this time with his costume on. Tom was already on 1's cover. The covers go John(0), Tom(1), Kathy(2), Angel(3), Dom(4), Zoe(5), Frank(6), ???(7)

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That art is seriously painful.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    While the art does get a little too crazy some times, such as the Alpha covers, I do not think it is "painful". Aside from the crazy blood explosions and odd explosion effects, I say the art is pretty solid.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The art style with sooooo much ink reminds me of the old TMNT comics...

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ryp reminds me of a cross between Quitely and Darrow.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Rey Del AguilaRey Del Aguila __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    It took me 3 panels to get used to it. When there is action things get sort of like Darrow with mechanical details and wrinkles getting penciled in and the posture and feel of the characters bodies allow with he similarities to the Authority bring to mind Quitely for me as well. Although Darrow more so.

Rey Del Aguila on
    Because you know who SAID you know what with you know who, let's keep that between me and you.
  • Options
    HHNS1HHNS1 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The facial expressions are hard to live with, the the concept and story are both great.. the art is good. IF only everyone wasn't so constipated in the BS universe... LOL

HHNS1 on