As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo 2/3: TBK XVII || Lock when convenient.

X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford BrimleyRegistered User regular
edited November 2007 in Games and Technology
tbkheaderzc5.jpg
Unofficial Penny Arcade Clan - Established November 9, 2004

The Bees Knees - v1.17
See what I did there?

h3nmnlx9.jpg
Tuesday, starting at 7:00PM EST. Be there or ... beat the campaign, whatever. Come if you're bored and want to throw down.

Latest News (updated 9/21/2007)
  • 9/21 - New Member Night starts again!
  • 7/30 - Holy fucking shit.
  • 6/19 - TBK vs. Team Riot Bread. Four of us versus eight of them. Can they take us? Probably not.
  • 6/15 - Added some videos to the OP of stuff we've done in the last two and a half years. Most of it is not funny, but there's some good stuff here and there.
  • 6/14 - Oh snap, a new ARG.
    ar_email.png

sota.jpg
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    So... it looks like Bungie is up to something again... (not going to say IloveBees2.. because that'd be silly)

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=11263399

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=808840

Note: only Bungie employees can have yellow text.
  • 6/13 - First party Halo 3 controllers look like ass. The headset's cool, though.
    bruin wrote: »
    You guys seen the first party Halo 3 controllers and headset?

1181672139.jpg

1181672138.jpg

1181672140.jpg

September 4, $60 each, which makes them $10 more than non-Halo branded peripherals. I can still see a ton of people buying them though.
  • 6/11 - The countdown begins.
  • 6/10 - The Halo 3 beta is over. Put your Halo 2 discs back in, we're playing again.
  • 6/8 - Halo 3 CE revealed.
    halo3-collectors-spread.jpg
    bungie.net wrote:
    The Collector’s Edition picture erroneously shows that it ships with a Bonus Content disc and a Game Two disc. Incorrect. It’s a mistake at MS’ end and we’re updating retailers with the correct image. The “Game Disc 2” shown in the art actually refers to an interactive Bonus Content disc. It’s an Xbox “executable” (think of it like a menu-driven disc, similar to the Official Xbox Magazine cover disc) and internally, has always been referred to as “Game Disc 2” because it has to go through the same certification process as Halo 3 itself. That was somehow communicated to MS retail marketing verbatim. Hence the error. No big deal.

The Legendary Edition comes with two extra discs. The “executable” interactive disc listed above, and a Bonus Content DVD – the one pictured incorrectly with the Collector’s Edition. Confused? No wonder.

The upside of that is the “Game Disc 2” itself. Because it’s an Xbox 360 disc and not a DVD, almost all of the content it contains is in hi-def (if your TV supports it). And some of the content is pretty spectacular. Now to clarify: Both premium editions, Collector’s and Legendary, come with the interactive disc. Only Legendary comes with the DVD.

The Collector’s edition includes a bound “art book” called the Bestiarum – a guide to the species and civilizations of the Halo Universe. Legendary Edition purchasers get an expanded multimedia version of the same material, with far more art and illustration, most of which has never been seen before and won’t appear anywhere else. And that’s built into the DVD Bonus Disc along with other materials.

Legendary also features an exclusive printed collection of storyboards from the game cinematics, by Bungie’s own Lee Wilson.

So here’s the real breakdown for each edition and remember, ALL of these items are subject to change or replacement.

Regular Vanilla Edition:

Includes Halo 3 for Xbox 360 and a manual. And obviously hours, days, weeks and months of hi-intensity Halo joy.

Halo 3 Collector’s Edition:

* Collectible Metal Case
    * Halo 3 for Xbox 360
    * Bestiarum: A hard cover, bound collection of information and art covering the species, cultures and civilizations of Halo 3.
    * On the Interactive Xbox 360 Bonus disc (included in both Collector’s and Legendary editions):
    o Hi-Def Halo: Bungie’s graphics and audio engineers have created a simple to use, Halo-themed calibration tool to make the most of your Home Theater experience.
    o Art Attack: Exclusive Halo 3 Gamer Pics and Dashboard theme, a vast gallery of concept and production art (complete with musical accompaniment) and a fully playable version of a classic Halo-themed mini-game.
    o Featurettes: A series of short films covering a range of subjects, from making your Network play nice with Multiplayer, to the challenges of building the biggest Halo ever.

Halo 3 Legendary Edition:

Inside the Halo 3: Legendary Edition

* Fully sculpted Spartan helmet: The most collectible piece of Halo merchandise ever conceived. An accurate model of the Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI helmet.
    * Halo 3 for Xbox 360
    * Storyboard Collection: Exclusive selection of storyboard art from Halo 3's cinematics.
    * Legendary Disc: Found only in the Halo 3: Legendary Edition, this Disc is a DVD disc that will play in your 360 or on any DVD player and features a wealth of rich, unique and exclusive content. Contents include:
    o Halo Cinematics Reloaded – completely remastered, hi-res versions of the Halo and Halo 2 cinematics with 5.1 audio and complete with optional “Director’s Commentary” track featuring Marty O’Donnell, Joseph Staten and Jason Jones.
    o Bestiarum – an expanded digital guide to the creatures, cultures and worlds of Halo 3, with art and assets exclusive to this interactive edition.
    o The Cortana Chronicles – Jen Taylor, the voice of Cortana, takes us on a tour of the worldwide Halo fan community ,where she meets Halo fanatics from near and far, obscure and famous alike.
    o Plus: All-new, exclusive Machinima episodes from Red Vs. Blue and This Spartan Life and a novel “mockumentary” voiced by Sgt. Johnson himself, David Scully.

* On the Interactive Xbox 360 Bonus disc (included in both Collector’s and Legendary editions):
    o Hi-Def Halo: Bungie’s graphics and audio engineers have created a simple to use, Halo-themed calibration tool to make the most of your Home Theater experience.
    o Art Attack: Exclusive Halo 3 Gamer Pics and Dashboard theme, a vast gallery of concept and production art (complete with musical accompaniment) and a fully playable version of a classic Halo-themed mini-game.
    o Featurettes: A series of short films covering a range of subjects, from making your Network play nice with Multiplayer, to the challenges of building the biggest Halo ever.

So there you have it. If the contents of the editions change (which is always a remote possibility when you’re making something this complex) we will keep you apprised. But as of this afternoon, that’s what’s planned to be in the boxes.
  • 5/27 - People in the Halo 3 beta suck.
    6f0bpzl.jpg

The FAQ

What is this Halo thing?

A good place to start is Halo.Bungie.Org, the biggest and most well-known Halo fansite. Specifically, you should check out the Story Page

What is The Bees Knees?

We are a no-cheaters and no-jerks clan. Created at the launch of Halo 2, we have exceeded the expectations and predictions of people and have been active (more or less) for the past 2 years+.

What do you consider cheating?
  • Modding (spawn modding, gun modding, playlist modding)
  • Boosting for Rank
  • Bridging and Standbying
  • Button glitches (BXR, etc)
  • Superbouncing

Coincidentally, all of these are considered cheating by Bungie aswell.

How do I join the clan? Do I have to be a certain rank?

TBK is kinda unique in that we don't really hold tryouts to get into the clan. All you have to do is show up and not be a jerk. When we've determined that you enjoy playing the game and are not a jerk, you will get a clan invite. You also don't have to be in the clan to play with us. We actually have a few regulars that aren't officially in TBK's clan list but we consider them fellow Bees.

You do not have to be a certain level, although it would help if you know at least all the level layouts and most of the weapon locations. And listen to your teammates - we aren't going to send you to your death on purpose! (The average rank of clan members is around 30)

To start you off, you should send a friend request to one of the Staff, so that we can get you into games. Please indicate via text or a voice message that you are from the Penny Arcade Forums.

What are the (active) Staff's gamertags?
  • Nambkab
  • PhyreWulff TBK
  • Repoman1023
  • SchwarzeKrieg
  • thetinwoodsman
  • Valnegro
  • Witless Ace
  • X Equals Loser

I just got Halo 2, or have been away for a long time. What do I need to start playing?

You will need to auto-update Halo 2, then go to Download Content and grab some map packs. There are 3 free map packs, and the new one for 4$. You should at least grab the free maps, and a lot of us will be getting the new map pack, so it will be money well spent! You have to pay for the new maps to go into matchmaking, so you might as well just download them anyway. It's four bucks. Get over it. =P

What time do you guys play?

TBK usually plays at night. And sometimes late into the morning. Night, in this context, is between 7PM-12PM EST. We also try to arrange a specific Halo Night where all TBK members try to simultaneously show up for a couple of hours. This is usually on Wednesday, and the thread title will be changed when this happens.

What's the deal with all your crazy lingo

We have names for specific areas of the map, certain weapon combinations, and certain strategies. Part of this is because we like coming up with these names, another part is because we can say these in the open and the enemy won't know what we're talking about. Finally, for map names, it's a lot shorter to say "Darkcrotch" than "the small hill on the side of the cliff next to blue base" Click here to see an overview of our slang and terms.

Finally...

How do I deal with cheaters?

If you find yourself spawning over and over in one place and dying, the screen going blue a lot, or notice you're playing against someone with a Moon or Halo as their rank:

Send an email to h2cheats@microsoft.com, with a link to the game from Bungie.net, the names of the cheaters, and a general description of what happened. This gets them banned faster.

Misc Questions!

Will you guys be on Halo 3?
Yes.

Do you guys play any other games?
Yes, quite a few of the Bees play 360 games. Forza 2 is the game of choice right now.

Can my clan play against your clan in a clanmatch?
Challenge us in our thread and we will try to organize a team! We like the setup of 3 Games: Challenger Choice, Defender choice, and a matchmaking gametype.

TBK Videos
This is just kind of a 'what we do when we're bored' thing that turns out to be really funny stuff. Click the thumbs for youtubey goodness.
Captured by FyreWulff, Repoman, and X Equals Loser.

2.jpg 2.jpg 2.jpg 2.jpg 2.jpg

2.jpg 2.jpg 2.jpg 2.jpg 2.jpg

The Roster
* Bold indicates an active player.

Overlords
EggyToast
FyreWulff
GlobalMind
Nambkab
Recoil42x
Repoman1234
Rohaq
SoccerStach
thetinwoodsman
X Equals Loser

The Staff

xequalsloser.gif
X Equals Loser on

• Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Woo new thread. I'ma go play some rounds

DekuStick on
  • Options
    BlakoutBlakout Lordran's SpookylandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh sweet a new thread.

Sup thread.

Blakout on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    My Xbox was rejected for tradein.

edit: the reason was (and I didn't notice) that part of the S/N has rubbed off over the years :(

I need Radjago to mail me the dongle, stat.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    EliteDoomMasterEliteDoomMaster Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Halo 2 feels weird after playing Halo 3, kinda like Battlefield 2 felt weird after playing BF2142.

EliteDoomMaster on
    Don't fuck with Mel Gibson, yo.
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Whatz goin on in dis thread guyz?*

*damn bungie and their arg.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I call the next thread.

Ranced on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Are we going to do anything with the big rumble tourney going on right now (or soon)?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    All you have to do is play in the playlist. Be prepared to be violated by level 40s since they're giving out a 360 Elite.

Also, this ARG is really starting to take off.

edit: if you register on xbox.com, you can get one entry per day in a drawing for one of three Elites, just for playing Halo 2.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Nocren wrote: »
    Are we going to do anything with the big rumble tourney going on right now (or soon)?

Tournament?! I need to find information about this ASAP!

Edit : Found and for others who need help finding the page.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    lol_live.jpg

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Man TWI was full o' shit. Serious pushover

DekuStick on
  • Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Heh. Were you "baggin'" him Fyre? I thought I was the only one low enough to spawn camp a dude whose entire team had quit on him and then blast his face with a shotty the moment he appeared, just to top it off with a little display of my "O-Face".

Lotta crews running tonight, we stomped pretty much everything as usual, it just saddens me when so many quit games these days. Yea, I don't know about that tourney, I'd take a free Elite though I guess, can't argue with doomed hardware when you're not paying for it.

I keep using the needlers and shotty in H2, thinking they'll do something- I must wean myself from the brighter world of H3 and return to the old ways.

Impressive post X. WHY DON'T YOU UPDATE THE THREAD WITH LITTLE NEWS BLURBS SO WE KNOW WUT IS HAPPENING? HUH? THE TITLE ALONE DOES NOT SATISFY MY CURIOSITY!

Also please post all the bungie updates and stuff here, I lazy like Lazy Town and don't wanna go to other sites doods.

Too many people lacking mics, I need to hear some hootin and hollerin' at 5am, not silence.

Also you can add me to the staff list, I still play a good bit I'd say and bother to send invites to all the PA people from the H3 Beta thread. If more people want in, gt:thetinwoodsman

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I think you accidentally blocked FRs from me, tin. I can't resend you one. Unless you accepted it and Live is being funny.

Either way, send me a FR. Phyrewulff TBK.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    rabblerouserrabblerouser Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    my 360 asplode :x

rabblerouser on
  • Options
    RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    LOL, I laughed when Fyre said he was going to trade in his x-box for a Halo 3 pre-order. And I lol again when I read that they wouldn't accept it.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    LOL, I laughed when Fyre said he was going to trade in his x-box for a Halo 3 pre-order. And I lol again when I read that they wouldn't accept it.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

For real man that shit is hilarious. They honestly couldn't use it anyway they'd lose money on that deal. Fuck your serial code Fyre!

DekuStick on
  • Options
    X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Didn't you guys hear? Fyre runs an Xbox smuggling op. It's the only way he can make money these days.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Oh shit, time to smelt all my harddrives documenting my transactions D:

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    radjagoradjago Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Either way, send me a FR. Phyrewulff TBK.
    yr gunna run outta names soonr r latr

Dongle armed. Postage pending.

radjago on
    PAX East Train Alliance, Metal Gear Line: 2013 || 2012 || 2010
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    yeah, that's honestly the last name I can come up with.

no worries though, once I get that 360 my gamertag will stay the same. I might pay to rename it every 2 months just for old time's sake though.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    043043 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So the cable company finally came and fixed their shit. I only missed the last half of the beta.

Bastards.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    People in Times Square today part of the ARG were protesting and handing these out

sota.jpg

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man, I was just about to post about the ARG. Is there going to be a seperate thread for the ARG?

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, in a while here. I'm going to cook up an OP that will keep people updated more easily.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    rayofash wrote: »
    Man, I was just about to post about the ARG. Is there going to be a seperate thread for the ARG?

I'm going wait until sunday cause thats when it was technically supposed to start, we will see if there are any good updates.

nm then Fyre is all your's

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    new weekly update

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12545

nothing really new, just them talking about sound and bugfixing.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    new weekly update

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12545

nothing really new, just them talking about sound and bugfixing.

I want that music now.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dear Tomcat,

don't just leave in the middle of a game without telling us.

kthxbai

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I still think the whole FFA thing is complete asshattery. Bungie should of known better then to use a setup that just SCREAMS "BXR 24-7"

It should of been something far less stupid like a standard pro gametype and rules AGAINST BXR'ing. Hell they need to add that as an option for feedback "player BXR's like an asshole"

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Augh- I just played like 12 straight hours of Halo- my eyes started spazzing out so I guess I better call it a night. This game feels so old after playing H3, I guess playing the same game for 2 and half years will do that to you.

Tom, X, Fyre- good times.

Good to have the movies out there I guess, after all this time. We never did get around to doing anything cool or complex storywise after Repo and some others came up with those scripts, I wonder if we could really pull off some kind of Machinima now. The card doesn't pick up sound though, does it. Silent film era- black and white.

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i've not been keeping track of the ARG so far, so a thread on it would be niiiiice. Also, that flyer is cool.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Antibodies wrote: »
    Augh- I just played like 12 straight hours of Halo- my eyes started spazzing out so I guess I better call it a night. This game feels so old after playing H3, I guess playing the same game for 2 and half years will do that to you.

Good to have the movies out there I guess, after all this time. We never did get around to doing anything cool or complex storywise after Repo and some others came up with those scripts, I wonder if we could really pull off some kind of Machinima now. The card doesn't pick up sound though, does it. Silent film era- black and white.

Ya, Halo 2 is DEFINITLY at the end of its product cycle. Halo 3 felt a ton more balanced and honestly I can't wai t for it to come out. Yes, I'll likely get in line for halo3-- I'm one of those people that don't believe in waiting in lines for stupid crap like movies or videogames. Lines are for important things like the dmv. I digress--

Halo3 = sure fire hit.

Halo2 = fucking sucks.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    RepoMan1023RepoMan1023 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well my desktop is broken and I spent the money to build a new one on the tv, so it ain't gettin fixed soon. Most capture cards do not capture sound, since it's the sound card that does that stuff on a pc. Most decent sound cards (and some built in ones too) have a "sound in" so you can capture sound as well as video.

PS. It would be relatively simple to "film" my script has I had everything already planned out. The problem is not having enough "cameramen" and time to get everyone together.

RepoMan1023 on
    splasersigqg6.jpg
    RepoMan1023.gif
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Since this is a vaguley Halo related question. What ever happened to the Halo movie, I remember it got put on standbye due to debates over cash but I haven't heard anything since. Has the idea been quietly put to rest?

Leitner on
  • Options
    NambkabNambkab Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I might have to play me some Halo this evening gents, for to rape some fools in the face if you know what I mean.

Nambkab on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

that would be totally awesome. Old-timey grainy black and white, piano score over the top, then the text flashing up on the screen.

*BANG*

"CAMPING FGT!"

edit: regarding the film, last i'd heard it wasn't completely 'canned', just wasn't in production. The studios pulled out, but i heard that WETA were still working on the props and stuff, doing the pre-production. I guess that was in the hope that another studio might agree to take it up. I really hope that's the case, as i was unbelievably excited for it after seeing who they already had on board.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    PredatorPredator __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    shit. I saw SevereFoot in one of the movies. Whatever happened to that dude. He was a DELIGHT

Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • Options
    PredatorPredator __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    ps

snow025.jpg
    snow027.jpg
    snow028.jpg
    snow031.jpg
    snow026.jpg

still the best game ever.

Predator on
    1330my4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I like how i manage to show up in most of these other videos and pictures, but it's usually me sitting in menu or somebody killing me.

edit: ARG thread coming up in a bit here.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Dear Tomcat,

don't just leave in the middle of a game without telling us.

kthxbai

Dear X,

You cannot begin to comprehend my night life. Sorry for passing out.

Fuck you, Tomcat

DekuStick on