As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Comics September 2007 Solicitations

• Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    Parallax-Kyle kills all the Green Lanterns except for Guy and Kilowog and then they beat Kyle and Kyle snaps out of it and they revive everyone but Hal

A man can dream....

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Keith, when you're on, you're on.

Let's clean out Didio's desk.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Drakeon wrote: »
    rchou wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Go ahead folks, read the solicit and start complaining.

oh fuck that noise.

FUCK! God damn it. So the only end result to stop that person who now has so much power is to kill him, since no one could stop Hal without killing him, the new Para has to take a dirtnap.

Man....can't we, I don't know....kill some villains for a change? Also, didn't they learn their fucking lesson?

EDIT Our only hope is that in one of the other universes Kyle turned out like Sinestro, other Earth Kyle comes to New Earth and starts shit as Para, everyone thinking he's our Kyle who's currently traveling the multiverse. I would accept an evil Kyle in that form.

Goddamnit, first they bring back Hal because they realized how big of a mistake it was to make him evil. So they admit that it was a mistake, now they go and do this? What the fuck DC, what the fuck?

So was that whole Ion mini pointless or what? I mean, why bother setting him up as the "torch bearer" if he's only going to become evil in the end? I guess it isn't certain Kyle's going to be evil, but goddamn if that quote by Van Sciver doesn't put the nail in the coffin.

I guess I'll have to be content with having a Guy Gardner book to read, because they are determined to kill Kyle off apparently :(

Thats Superboy Prime.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll use either Countdown or this Search-For-Ray spinoff to explain exactly how Wildstorm's Earth ended up as part of the 52. Cause I find it doubtful that Mr.Mind affected it like the others concidering the history it has. Did the near-simotanious rebirth of the Multiverse in IC and Wildstorm's soft-reset caused Earth-WS to become an extra Earth for the Multiverse or did it end up replacing one of the 52 unknowinglly? And what happened to the alternate realities connected to Earth-WS before the reset? All erased or do they still exist somewhere in another Multiverse that now has a hole in it's side thanks to a missing reality? And if the Monitors can't see anything inside of the Bleed, could it be the only thing protecting Earth-WS from the Monitors?

It's part of the multiverse so they can have crossovers

That's it

I thought they got rid of the multi-verse?

Oh, hey Muffin Man! I heard you got crushed under a rock

Someones touchy about a completely honest question.

Well, since they, you know, revealed the Multiverse was back in like December, you must not have been paying attention to anything

This is entirely true.

I've never made claims otherwise.
    Ever.
    But I understand.
    Someone is uninformed, so the natural reaction is to insult them, that's cool.

Look, it'd be one thing if they announced it yesterday

but it was six months ago

and you read/post on a comic book forum

so yeah

i can insult you

But save for Titans and the occasional JSA/JLA(which I fell out of the loop and never got back into) I don't read DC much after IC.

And Winick ruining Green Arrow.

And Flash sucking(though it apparently got good, I'm just scared).

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2007
    Hopefully they'll use either Countdown or this Search-For-Ray spinoff to explain exactly how Wildstorm's Earth ended up as part of the 52. Cause I find it doubtful that Mr.Mind affected it like the others concidering the history it has. Did the near-simotanious rebirth of the Multiverse in IC and Wildstorm's soft-reset caused Earth-WS to become an extra Earth for the Multiverse or did it end up replacing one of the 52 unknowinglly? And what happened to the alternate realities connected to Earth-WS before the reset? All erased or do they still exist somewhere in another Multiverse that now has a hole in it's side thanks to a missing reality? And if the Monitors can't see anything inside of the Bleed, could it be the only thing protecting Earth-WS from the Monitors?

That's it

Well, since they, you know, revealed the Multiverse was back in like December, you must not have been paying attention to anything

This is entirely true.

Ever.
    But I understand.

so yeah

i can insult you

But save for Titans and the occasional JSA/JLA(which I fell out of the loop and never got back into) I don't read DC much after IC.

JSA revealed the Multiverse in the first issue

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

That's it

This is entirely true.

Ever.
    But I understand.

so yeah

i can insult you

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2007

That's it

This is entirely true.

Ever.
    But I understand.

so yeah

i can insult you

There are only 6 issues out! How do you skip around through six issues?

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

That's it

This is entirely true.

Ever.
    But I understand.

so yeah

i can insult you

Bloods End on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Uh, what the hell was that Bloods End?

I mean, "Ooooo...colors."

:|

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007

That's it

This is entirely true.

Ever.
    But I understand.

so yeah

i can insult you

There are only 6 issues out! How do you skip around through six issues?

Occasional doesn't mean "skipping around" in this case. That's how.
    It means "Read it before it "ended" in July, then read the Power Girl mini, got bored and gave up."

You're really trying to justify being a prick because someone asked an honest quest. Are you just, like, afraid to let it fucking go?

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2007
    man if you guys cannot behave in here I will lock this thread until the full solicits go up

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    blankspace wrote: »
    Uh, what the hell was that Bloods End?

I mean, "Ooooo...colors."

:|

I'm trying to cut the tension before Keith and Muffin murder each other.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    man if you guys cannot behave in here I will lock this thread until the full solicits go up

jerk

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »

oh fuck that noise.

FUCK! God damn it. So the only end result to stop that person who now has so much power is to kill him, since no one could stop Hal without killing him, the new Para has to take a dirtnap.

Man....can't we, I don't know....kill some villains for a change? Also, didn't they learn their fucking lesson?

EDIT Our only hope is that in one of the other universes Kyle turned out like Sinestro, other Earth Kyle comes to New Earth and starts shit as Para, everyone thinking he's our Kyle who's currently traveling the multiverse. I would accept an evil Kyle in that form.

Goddamnit, first they bring back Hal because they realized how big of a mistake it was to make him evil. So they admit that it was a mistake, now they go and do this? What the fuck DC, what the fuck?

So was that whole Ion mini pointless or what? I mean, why bother setting him up as the "torch bearer" if he's only going to become evil in the end? I guess it isn't certain Kyle's going to be evil, but goddamn if that quote by Van Sciver doesn't put the nail in the coffin.

I guess I'll have to be content with having a Guy Gardner book to read, because they are determined to kill Kyle off apparently :(

Thats Superboy Prime.

no, just, no, ...shut up

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Kuma wrote: »

oh fuck that noise.

Thats Superboy Prime.

no, just, no, ...shut up

At least it would make more sense, what with the Lanterns and Guardians helping stop him from universal domination, and the whole imprisonment thing. If Para wanted to pick a body where he can't get shot and killed by an arrow through the chest this time, he'd pick something sturdier than a human. Plus everyone fears Prime, so I'm betting that psycho could use a yellow ring.

But yeah, there'd be no way to defeat him. Spectre would have to go talk to God and convince God to save everyone. I'd be surprised if Sinestro doesn't let Prime out of his prison though.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Furu wrote: »
    You know, I've never ever read anything Wildstorm before.

Maybe I should start.

Read Gail Simone's Gen13. I never read the pre-reboot series but I'm really enjoying it. I'm also going to get around to reading Welcome to Tranquility eventually.

Planetary is also pretty damn awesome.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You know, that probably IS Superboy Prime.

Furu on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    My dream comic:

1--Superboy Prime Kills Kyle
    2--Punches an invisible wall to bring Kyle back from the dead
    3--Repeat steps 1 & 2

Algertman on
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

oh fuck that noise.

Thats Superboy Prime.

no, just, no, ...shut up

At least it would make more sense, what with the Lanterns and Guardians helping stop him from universal domination, and the whole imprisonment thing. If Para wanted to pick a body where he can't get shot and killed by an arrow through the chest this time, he'd pick something sturdier than a human. Plus everyone fears Prime, so I'm betting that psycho could use a yellow ring.

But yeah, there'd be no way to defeat him. Spectre would have to go talk to God and convince God to save everyone. I'd be surprised if Sinestro doesn't let Prime out of his prison though.

that is true to an extent, the only person really capable of defeating him would be the Spectre, its just, IC kinda just happened. It makes it a moot point that he was imprissoned just to break him out that soon

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    that is true to an extent, the only person really capable of defeating him would be the Spectre, its just, IC kinda just happened. It makes it a moot point that he was imprissoned just to break him out that soon

SBP will be in the Sinestro Corps special, obviously the extent of his involvement is unknown.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Superboy Prime is going to become Parallax so they don't have to pay the Siegels every time they want to use him

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Superboy Prime is going to become Parallax so they don't have to pay the Siegels every time they want to use him

That...actually makes sense!

The whole bit about the downfall of Kyle could be related to him somehow accidentally letting the little bastard out.

Furu on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There's already an evil Superman in the Sinestro Corps, though.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Now there will be two.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Full solicitations are up

blackcanary.jpg
    boostergold.jpg
    gabcwedding.jpg
    jla.jpg
    jlawedding.jpg
    jsa.jpg
    metalmen.jpg
    question.jpg
    spirit.jpg

JSA continues to have the most boring covers in existence

omg question tpb

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Bedard is the new writer for Outsiders and LOSH!

Booster teams-up with pre-evil Sinestro!

Injustice League Unlimited!

Furu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    what is with bedard on birds of prey

i thought Gail was on it until McKeever

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    natxcrossnatxcross Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Is Bedard any good? Am I going to be able to read Outsiders?

natxcross on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    natxcross wrote: »

He's good and practically guaranteed to be better than Winnick.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I hope McDuffie turns JLA into a JLU style team

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    natxcrossnatxcross Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Hurrah!

natxcross on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah whats up with Bedard and no McKeever?

I hope he didn't have to give it up to write TT

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    also what is up with Y: The Last Man being bi-monthly now

none in june

#57 in July

none in August

#58 in September

stop stretching it

i want it now

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Maybe BKV realized his explanation for the plague didn't work, and now he's struggling to come up with a new one.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Green Lantern Corps and Metal Men look to be pretty awesome, and I have high hopes for Booster Gold's series, despite misgivings about the creative team. Interesting to see Dan Garrett will be involved though. And I'm glad Justice League Elite's finally getting the rest of the series collected. What a highly underrated series.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

omg question tpb

Dude, those things are sex...and if I had the room and funds, I'd buy them all in poster form (when they eventually come out), frame them, and put a little light under each one so it gives it that purty effect in the dark.

Plus you could always just get the Dale Eaglesham variants.

Whatever makes that boat of yours float just a wee bit higher.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Hurrah!

Well, if you're going to start with Outsiders, you may want to start with the current issues that crossover with Checkmate, as it will lead into Batmans taking over. Then next month is the Outsiders: Five of a Kind mini series, where Batman picks the new team (which will most likely be more of the same, save for a few). Im sure issue #51 and on will be retitled "Batman and the Outsiders" .
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Yeah whats up with Bedard and no McKeever?

I hope he didn't have to give it up to write TT

It's probably just a month or two fill in before McKeever hops on, a la Wonder Woman.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Maybe BKV realized his explanation for the plague didn't work, and now he's struggling to come up with a new one.
    I think it is more like he is moving on past comics and giving his attention elsewhere.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

omg question tpb

Dude, those things are sex...and if I had the room and funds, I'd buy them all in poster form (when they eventually come out), frame them, and put a little light under each one so it gives it that purty effect in the dark.

They're just characters in uninspired poses on a solid black background

They're boring

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

omg question tpb

They're just characters in uninspired poses on a solid black background

They're boring

Well, I like them. Sooo..buttons.

Bad Karma on