As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] PIA: Lobotomy Waiting Room

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Inviting an outed badguy into the lobotomy room means that they can purposely try to screw up the vote and not really lose anything by it (since we know that they're outed anyway). Because of this, if we have a good vigilante, he should probably take care of DA instead of us sending him here.
    Protecting your own, Gnasty?

Guys, vote DA down here. If he is a bad guy, no one will vote him out and he'll be lobotomized.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It seems like the top vote getter gets auto-lobotimized, not sent here. I.E Saburbia

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Inviting an outed badguy into the lobotomy room means that they can purposely try to screw up the vote and not really lose anything by it (since we know that they're outed anyway). Because of this, if we have a good vigilante, he should probably take care of DA instead of us sending him here.

Guys, vote DA down here. If he is a bad guy, no one will vote him out and he'll be lobotomized.
    I'm just worried that there will be more unknowns down here who will fight amongst themselves on who to free and DA will mess it up. However, you make a good point that DA won't escape which means that he'll definitely take the lobotomy hit for a turn, which might make it worth bringing him down here.

I'm not really on top of my game right now, you guys probably shouldn't listen to me (but you should free me!).

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Wow you guys are young. I feel so old now. Nineteen! That's like 81 years away from 100!

DarkPrimus your numbers are crazy wrong.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007

I'm just worried that there will be more unknowns down here who will fight amongst themselves on who to free and DA will mess it up. However, you make a good point that DA won't escape which means that he'll definitely take the lobotomy hit for a turn, which might make it worth bringing him down here.

I'm not really on top of my game right now, you guys probably shouldn't listen to me (but you should free me!).
    You're basically inactive, not paying attention, and you want people to free you?

You're actually acting normal. And in an insane phalla, that's a sign of evil.

• Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Good morning gentlemen!

I'd like to point out that Saburbia was lobotomized instantly, not sent down here. So it looks like the vote winner doesn't come to the waiting room.

In other words, there's no reason not to vote for DA if he really is a bad guy.

EDIT: I see that Balefuego noticed this already. That's what I get for just skimming the page. Carry on, then.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Okay, so as far as I can tell, Gnasty and B:L were both trusted to an uncertain extent by Senior Fish. First, Fish suggested that we release Gnasty. Later, he made a cryptic post suggesting Gnasty wanted to sell out our specials.

So I ask you, B:L and Gnasty, why should I vote for you?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    You know, you can delete your posts instead of just editing out the text.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Okay, so as far as I can tell, Gnasty and B:L were both trusted to an uncertain extent by Senior Fish. First, Fish suggested that we release Gnasty. Later, he made a cryptic post suggesting Gnasty wanted to sell out our specials.

I think Fish may have been talking about Shamus in the Vampire Phalla? Maybe? I was pretty confused by that.

Also, I am witty and attractive.

Also, I highly doubt that Bale is lying, because if he is he is next in line to be killed next turn.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Since I can't contact people through PMs...

Hey Fish and anyone else Fish may have told about this which is probably a lot because he tends to do that it seems: You know that guy who said that he had a pencil? Well it doesn't look like that pencil is breaking. Maybe it is the Octupi group's way of killing people? And maybe this person was just trying to get information out of people by claiming to have a breakable pencil which in reality does not break and is actually how bad guys kill people? I don't know, but multiple pencil stab deaths strike me as odd. Especially when we also have rioters and another person claiming to have a different form of vigilante (which I'm not sure I believe either). Hell, they could both be bad guys as far as I know. Actually they probably are. I wouldn't be surprised if the person who claims to be able to send in extra lobotomy orders is part of the Hospital Staff, it sounds like something they would be able to do.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    drool... sorry I fucked up guys; could have got you all out... drool...

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ardor, there are three factions, and for all we know they're all out for themselves. Maybe the octupus people are the ones doing the stabbing.

Okay, so we have rioters, pencil-stabbers, and a fake lobotomizer? That sounds like way too many vigilantes. Fake-lobotomizer is probably Hospital Staff, if you ask me.

What roles am I giving away? HEY GUESS WHAT GUYS PEOPLE ARE GETTING STABBED WITH PENCILS.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Well take a look at what's happening. Gnasty is trying to sell out one of our specials RIGHT NOW.

And like Marx said, Gnasty is acting strangely normal. Normal...LIKE A WITCH!

BURN HIM!!!

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Oh well...

BURN HIM ANYWAYS JUST TO MAKE SURE!!!

• Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm not selling people out. I have mentioned no names. I am merely voicing my suspicions, because something certainly seems off here. Fish and his...network? Maybe? Do we have one of those?...anyway, Fish and his maybe-network know the names of the people I'm talking about, and it's up to them to decide whether or not to trust these people.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    SHOULD FISH TRUST THE GOOD GUYS?
    Uhh...yes?

• Options
    edited June 2007
    At the risk of being the victim of horrible lies, I !vote to free B:L.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Eh...

Don't think I'll toss in my vote yet. We'll see about later. :P

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    B:L, I promise you, you are going to have the worst record of fuck-ups of any Phalla player if I die in here because of you. You will surpass anyone else as the player that other people don't want to have on their team.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh well...

BURN HIM ANYWAYS JUST TO MAKE SURE!!!

Well, I am all for burning people...

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    SHOULD FISH TRUST THE GOOD GUYS?
    Uhh...yes?
    Maybe you haven't read my posts or anything, but how the hell do we know that the people I've mentioned are actually good? As of now, if we are to believe that pencil-guy and lobotomy-guy are good guys, neither of the other factions have any kills at all.

Why would a patient be able to send in a fake lobotomy order? That makes no sense. The circumstances of how this person revealed himself to Fish only add more suspicion to this person.

And the pencil-guy? He said that it breaks after one use. Well it hasn't. In addition, we already know that the patients had at least two one-use vigilantes on their side who could start riots. Why would the village have two different types of vigilantes? I'm not nearly as suspicious of this person as I am of the other, but still. If you're some kind of evil-octopus gang and you need to kill people in a high-security insane asylum, chances are you're going to have to go low-tech. Like, for example, a sharpened pencil.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    B:L, I promise you, you are going to have the worst record of fuck-ups of any Phalla player if I die in here because of you. You will surpass anyone else as the player that other people don't want to have on their team.
    I'm willing to take that chance.

• Options
    edited June 2007
    *shakes his head*

Those poor deaf mutes. I'll willingly step aside to let them take my place in line if you wish, Father. ;-)

• Options
    edited June 2007
    *offers Hakke a hug*

• Options
    edited June 2007
    *makes squishy faces against the glass*

O_O

^_O

O_~

~_~

$_$

• Options
    edited June 2007
    I don't know everything, which is why this game is confusing. What I know about the guy with the sharpened pencil and the fake-lobotomy guy is in my previous posts. The only thing I haven't included is their names, and I'm not even 100% sure I know who fake-lobotomy guys is (but I think I know, and if I'm right I really don't think that he is trustworthy).

Also I am telling the truth with that B:L stuff. If I die because of B:L he will definitely have cemented his role as "guy who screws things up for his own team." I mean, Senor Fish is a pretty strong contender for the title based on this Phalla alone, but I think B:L will be able to steal the title from him just because of his past experience.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    B:L is just a regular patient. It doesn't matter if he dies or not. Actually his death might be beneficial just because he likes to create situations like this one.

I'm going to lunch now, I'll be back later. Hylian, don't screw this up.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Also I am telling the truth with that B:L stuff. If I die because of B:L he will definitely have cemented his role as "guy who screws things up for his own team." I mean, Senor Fish is a pretty strong contender for the title based on this Phalla alone, but I think B:L will be able to steal the title from him just because of his past experience.
    That's a nasty thing to say, Gnasty. Hylian, if you don't like mean people, vote me out please.

Hakke, if I get out, I think I'll miss out on all the fun. :cry:

• Options
    edited June 2007
    B:L is just a regular patient. It doesn't matter if he dies or not. Actually his death might be beneficial just because he likes to create situations like this one.

If it was so important that you not die, why didn't you try harder to convince me?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

If it was so important that you not die, why didn't you try harder to convince me?
    What would you want me to tell you? For all I know you could be a bad guy, and the fact that you voted for B:L instead of me doesn't make you look any better in my eyes.

Ardor, it's not that I want to kill a confirmed patient, it's that it is either him or me, and, even from an objective point of view where I don't particularly care about whether I live or die, between the two of us I am the more beneficial person to keep alive. And not just because B:L tends to screw things up like what is happening right now.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    You guys, assuming the network is functioning at all, there are probably better targets for protection than B:L. Ya know, like, a special? I'm just sayin'.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007

What would you want me to tell you? For all I know you could be a bad guy, and the fact that you voted for B:L instead of me doesn't make you look any better in my eyes.

Ardor, it's not that I want to kill a confirmed patient, it's that it is either him or me, and, even from an objective point of view where I don't particularly care about whether I live or die, between the two of us I am the more beneficial person to keep alive. And not just because B:L tends to screw things up like what is happening right now.

You've already all but admitted that you're some sort of special. Why is that okay to say now, but not before I voted B:L?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

You've already all but admitted that you're some sort of special. Why is that okay to say now, but not before I voted B:L?
    Which, if you think about it, is a stupid thing to do.

If he's a good guy, he'll get killed by the baddies if he gets out.

If he's a bad guy, there's no reason to let him out.

Gnasty is totally screwing things up right now, and it's best to just let him get lobotomized. It sounds like desperation lying anyways. :|

• Options
    edited June 2007

Let me quote some of my posts from before you voted:
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I assure every single one of you that freeing me is of utmost importance
    I am kind of important too. Except not "kind of." I just am.

We can free you tomorrow night, get me out of here. I'm pretty sure that B:L is just a regular patient so him dieing doesn't really matter.
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Gnasty I dont really want to see you die but it is in everyone's best interests that I get back into the main ward.
    Yes it is in everyone's best interest that I get back there too.

So if the bad guys aren't stabbing people with pencils, are they even doing anything? Because it doesn't look like it.
    !Vote B:L

Guys, as it has been pointed out, I'm the seer/network's mouthpiece. I've been looking over the main thread for clues, and I see no hint of Gnasty being a proven good guy.
    We already have a regular patient mouthpiece. We don't need a second one. Chances are that whichever one of us gets out of here will be killed the next night (...I think, although I can't tell if the bad guys are even getting kills here), so at least I'd be able to do something for that one round while all you'd do is do nothing because you are just a regular patient.
    Robothero, what is a hat? I don't wear hats, I don't think they look good on me.

Fish, tell them to free me and not that scheming, not-very-useful-because-he-is-just-a-regular-patient B:L!

B:L, what else should I have done? Say that I was totally useless and you guys might as well let me die because B:L is useless but at least he's confirmed? Because that would have really helped to get me out!

Hylian: You can still save me.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    *pokes moonscatter's eyes*
    B:L, what else should I have done? Say that I was totally useless and you guys might as well let me die because B:L is useless but at least he's confirmed? Because that would have really helped to get me out!

It appears you're making up lie after lie to try and save yourself, trying to get people to ignore the fact that I'm a good guy.

Hylian, if you vote for him, you're only wasting your vote. Gnasty has pretty much condemned himself. If he gets out, he'll be put back in or killed. :|

• Options
    edited June 2007
    *pokes moonscatter's eyes*

It appears you're making up lie after lie to try and save yourself, trying to get people to ignore the fact that I'm a good guy.

Hylian, if you vote for him, you're only wasting your vote. Gnasty has pretty much condemned himself. If he gets out, he'll be put back in or killed. :|

What am I lying about. To my knowledge, you are just a regular patient. You aren't important. Get over it.

Besides, what is to stop the bad guys from just sending you back here or killing you? Because they'll probably do that to whichever one of us gets out, but at least I'll be able to do something for the turn that I'm alive.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Fiiinnneeeeee.

I have a security blanket. It lets me guard anyone from anything except the vote. The catch is that after three uses it will be soiled and ruined. It still has all of its charges, so that's three guards we'll be able to use if I am freed.

I didn't want to tell you guys because I was hoping that once I got out I could guard myself for that round and make the bad guys waste one of their kills (not that we know if they even have kills, but whatever). Now, well, I'll let them guess whether or not I choose to guard myself.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    That is a very good point moonscatter.
    !Vote Senior Fish out tonight.

B:L, Gnasty, I want you to tell the next patients tomorrow to bust Gnasty out. Sorry B:L.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Convenient, Gnasty. Very convenient. Something you could have said right at the beginning to get people to vote for you, said right now when you're desperate for votes. I smell a lie.
    That is a very good point moonscatter.
    !Vote Senior Fish out tonight.

B:L, Gnasty, I want you to tell the next patients tomorrow to bust Gnasty out. Sorry B:L.
    It's nice of you to bring out the past, especially since Fish has been silent about freeing you after he got out.

Look, I can do this too. I'M THE SEER GUYS! WHOO WHOO!!!

*cartwheels into the glass where moonscatter is*

• Options
    edited June 2007
    Jesus Christ B:L you are being such an idiot. I didn't out myself because I am not an idiot.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'