As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

"No More Heroes" Out now! - "If I become #1, will you do it with me?"

• rabblerouserrabblerouser Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    weird ending is weeeird

rabblerouser on
  • MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Holy shit Shinobu.... kicking my ass so hard....

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

edited February 2008
    Holy crap, I just beat it (#8) by a hair. That was not pretty....

But
    Did I miss something, who's Jacob? Will I understand later?

Mblackwell on

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Mblackwell wrote: »

But
    that is
    her dad
    and it's not really elaborated upon after that boss fight you just did

Clint Eastwood on
  • CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Cloudman wrote: »

But
    that is
    her dad

The only thing more of it is an assumption of mine
    She assumes Travis killed him, even though they've never met, as soon as she sees his beam katana so I would guess that means MISTER SIR HENRY MOTHERFUCKER killed him.

Cervetus on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Cervetus wrote: »

But
    that is
    her dad

She assumes Travis killed him, even though they've never met, as soon as she sees his beam katana so I would guess that means MISTER SIR HENRY MOTHERFUCKER killed him.

Or the original owner of the Blood Berry

Green on
    edited February 2008
    Green wrote: »

But
    that is
    her dad

Maybe it's the same thing.

I dunno.

Cervetus on
    edited February 2008

But
    that is
    her dad

Sadly entirely over my head...

Mblackwell on

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

But
    that is
    her dad

I think the entire thing was meant to be somewhat ambiguous.

Metalbourne on
  • donquixotedonquixote Registered User
    edited February 2008

But
    that is
    her dad

I think the entire thing was meant to be somewhat ambiguous.

Didn't Travis say
    the father was his sensei? I just assumed she was talking about his wrestling moves and Travis learnt those watching those videos. Yeah, another reason to play again
    :P

donquixote on
    Pearl code - 2191 4194 9751
    edited February 2008
    I think you're supposed to assume that, yes, but that doesn't mean it's ever brought up before then.

Mblackwell on

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I finally finished the game. Definitely one of my favorite games ever. The ending was crazy. Started new game plus "clear data" on Bitter last night. How many pairs of sunglasses are there? Do I unlock more coats and stuff on my next play through?

DouglasDanger on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Man, fuck Bad Girl.

Speed Racer on
  • Vert1Vert1 Registered User
    edited February 2008
    I finally finished the game. Definitely one of my favorite games ever. The ending was crazy. Started new game plus "clear data" on Bitter last night. How many pairs of sunglasses are there? Do I unlock more coats and stuff on my next play through?

You unlock new shirts. Now go play the Gold Town mission on bitter.
    Man, fuck Bad Girl.
    Don't even bother trying to hit the s&m guys back at her. After she launches the first one, get him to be in between you and Bad girl and critical hit (you know those on screen arrows that lead to beheadings) him which kills him and hurts her. Repeat repeat repeat.

Vert1 on
    blood_berry_new.jpg
    Sleep wrote: »
    Vert1 wrote: »
    I'd like to ask everyone here one question. What is a game?

A lower form of sex.
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

This is so sigged.
    Hooray! Nearly five years on the PA Forums and I finally get my first sig. Thanks NMH!

Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
    edited February 2008
    Thanks Vert.

DouglasDanger on
  • ImranImran Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Vert1 wrote: »

You unlock new shirts. Now go play the Gold Town mission on bitter.
    Man, fuck Bad Girl.
    Don't even bother trying to hit the s&m guys back at her. After she launches the first one, get him to be in between you and Bad girl and critical hit (you know those on screen arrows that lead to beheadings) him which kills him and hurts her. Repeat repeat repeat.
    I'm not sure I'd advise this. I tried this before and, randomly, she sat down just as I attacked the gimp, forcing an insta-kill on me. Honestly, I never found it that hard to hit the gimps back at her, which hurts her and makes them a little weaker when they do land.

Imran on
    nanasigsmallerrj4.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm sure this is asked for a lot, but does anyone have a slowed down version and/or a transcript of the cutscene before the Rank 1 fight? (EDIT: Nevermind, I just YouTubed it. D:D:D:)

I'm really not crazy about where this is going right now. There was enough plot to elaborate on already without introducing a bunch of new plot points right at the end of the game.

Speed Racer on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm sure this is asked for a lot, but does anyone have a slowed down version and/or a transcript of the cutscene before the Rank 1 fight? (EDIT: Nevermind, I just YouTubed it. D:D:D:)

I'm really not crazy about where this is going right now. There was enough plot to elaborate on already without introducing a bunch of new plot points right at the end of the game.

I'm pretty sure you completely missed the point.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
    edited February 2008

And what point is that?

Also, is there a way to view the real ending if I chose the normal one already that doesn't include beating the game all over again? Because it's not looking that way.

Speed Racer on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

And what point is that?

Also, is there a way to view the real ending if I chose the normal one already that doesn't include beating the game all over again? Because it's not looking that way.
    The point is A FUCKING JOKE!

Gorilla Salad on
    edited February 2008

And what point is that?

No, no, I get that that point's a joke, but there's still a lot of things thrown at you right there.

The game tries and makes it all dramatic that this person killed your parents and is your [strike]lover[/strike] sister but since it all happens in the span of 5 minutes there's really no effect there. She taunts you with "I killed your parents," but since I just got blindsided by that whole plotpoint, I really don't care at all.

What makes it worse is that nothing gets resolved with Sylvia, unless it does in the Real Ending, and the game evidently wants me to beat the whole thing over again to watch that.

Speed Racer on
  • spamtastickspamtastick Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

And what point is that?

No, no, I get that that point's a joke, but there's still a lot of things thrown at you right there.

The game tries and makes it all dramatic that this person killed your parents and is your [strike]lover[/strike] sister but since it all happens in the span of 5 minutes there's really no effect there. She taunts you with "I killed your parents," but since I just got blindsided by that whole plotpoint, I really don't care at all.

What makes it worse is that nothing gets resolved with Sylvia, unless it does in the Real Ending, and the game evidently wants me to beat the whole thing over again to watch that.

You don't have to beat it again, just make sure you get all the beam katanas, the real ending is just the other ending but longer.

spamtastick on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2008
    I just YouTube'd it. Awesome. So much for my complaints then.

Speed Racer on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Whee. Rank 6.

Jragghen on
    edited February 2008

And what point is that?

I don't think they were trying to make it dramatic, man. Just wouldn't mesh with everything else that happened.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited February 2008
    This game mocks a lot of the anime and Star Wars and videogame things. Regarding Travis not remembering things, I blame it on brain damage from that night of drinking he did. Kotaku says this has sold very well, almost 100,000 copies in the US, with 200,000 shipped so far.

DouglasDanger on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This game mocks a lot of the anime and Star Wars and videogame things. Regarding Travis not remembering things, I blame it on brain damage from that night of drinking he did. Kotaku says this has sold very well, almost 100,000 copies in the US, with 200,000 shipped so far.

probably because it's the only game with a decent amount of fun to be had on the wii so far.

Metalbourne on
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

probably because it's the only game with a decent amount of fun to be had on the wii so far.

Remember kids, don't feed the troll.

elevature on
  • ZampanoZampano Registered User
    edited February 2008

And what point is that?

I don't think they were trying to make it dramatic, man. Just wouldn't mesh with everything else that happened.
    Yeah, the point of the ending there is that it parodies the last minute twists/reveals omnipresent in video games, which are used to give artificial depth to stories which are really just vehicles for gameplay, which NMH also parodies.

Except that in doing so, the game manages to achieve an actually interesting story, thanks to the characters involved.

Oh, and Mushroom, it seems like you're in the same boat I am with the ending. I checked out the regular ending when prompted, then saved over my file, which forced me to replay the entire game. Which I did in about four hours. I checked out the Real Ending on YouTube first, and it was so kicking rad that I knew I had to play it for myself.

And it is.

It's so worth it. So worth it.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • DritzDritz Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Moral of the story is to never save clear data over your old save. Don't really see why anyone would do that in any game.

Dritz on
    There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So i'm four ranked fights in and i just realized that when trevor gets a phone call it actually comes out of the wiimote, since I alwayskeep my wiimotes speaker off since its such shit quality and no more heroes apparently doesn't redirect the wiimote sound to the tv when its turned off like every other wii game. sigh.

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    edited February 2008
    So i'm four ranked fights in and i just realized that when trevor gets a phone call it actually comes out of the wiimote, since I alwayskeep my wiimotes speaker off since its such shit quality and no more heroes apparently doesn't redirect the wiimote sound to the tv when its turned off like every other wii game. sigh.
    WHAT?

WHAT THE FUCK DID I FUCKING MISS? GOD DAMN IT! MOTHERFUCKER!

WHY DON'T THEY FUCKING TELL YOU THIS SHIT?

EDIT: It's Travis, dude. Trevor is the name of...is the video store dude named Trevor?

Gorilla Salad on
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    WHAT?

EDIT: It's Travis, dude. Trevor is the name of...is the video store dude named Trevor?

Well, they both have T's and R's and V's..i was close right?

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    edited February 2008
    WHAT?

Well, they both have T's and R's and V's..i was close right?
    Roughly 10 degrees off. Could have done much worse.

Gorilla Salad on
    edited February 2008
    WHAT?

The phone calls all pretty much follow the same basic formula:

"Travis, it's Sylvia. Your next ranked fight is up ahead. Win, and you'll go up in rank. Lose, and you'll die. Make sure you save your game before going on. I am X% certain that you will lose (the percentage gets increasingly outlandish as the game goes on), but trust your force, and head for... THE GARDEN OF MADNESS!"

Speed Racer on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

"Travis, it's Sylvia. Your next ranked fight is up ahead. Win, and you'll go up in rank. Lose, and you'll die. Make sure you save your game before going on. I am X% certain that you will lose (the percentage gets increasingly outlandish as the game goes on), but trust your force, and head for... THE GARDEN OF MADNESS!"

It was a little disappointing to have them fall into the formula after the first call made me laugh.
    "He only looks tough because his mother was an ugly bitch!"

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    edited February 2008
    I was mildly disappointed that the Rank 1 fight didn't take place in a garden.

Speed Racer on
    edited February 2008

It was a little disappointing to have them fall into the formula after the first call made me laugh.
    "He only looks tough because his mother was an ugly bitch!"

I still think they added a lot, specifically when they deviated from that formula. Plus, I liked hearing what new way Sylvia had come up with to express dropping the kids off at the pool.

Cervetus on
  • KuratosuKuratosu Registered User
    edited February 2008
    I was mildly disappointed that the Rank 1 fight didn't take place in a garden.
    Of Madness?

Just started a new game on bitter. First game in a long while that I've decided to replay so soon after its initial completion.

Kuratosu on
    Click spoiler for Backloggery, and gamer info:
    sig.gif
    Gamer Tag: LeeWay0
    PSN: Leeway0
This discussion has been closed.