As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

"No More Heroes" Out now! - "If I become #1, will you do it with me?"

1697071727375»

Posts

  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Where is the article that kind of reviews and attempts to explain what Suda/Grasshopper were hoping to "say" with this game? I don't think I have read it and would very much like to.

    I think you're talking about this

    But these are also good:

    EDGE review
    My review
    Write-up at GameSetWatch
    Another good blog post about it
    Article at Destructoid

    bruin on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    thanks! I had no idea so much was written about this game.

    DouglasDanger on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Just finished the game and I have to ask. Was I the only one who felt vaguely uncomfortable about #4?

    I mean...
    After the fight's over, #4 ends up blinded and terrified. And instead of giving him a quick mercy kill, Travis instead decides to gruesomely cut him in half with the cartoonishly large sawblade, grinning like a psycho the whole time. Really, where did the vaguely human Travis of the previous kills go to be replaced by this sadistic monstrosity?

    WotanAnubis on
  • ArdeArde Registered User
    edited April 2008
    Just finished the game and I have to ask. Was I the only one who felt vaguely uncomfortable about #4?

    I mean...
    After the fight's over, #4 ends up blinded and terrified. And instead of giving him a quick mercy kill, Travis instead decides to gruesomely cut him in half with the cartoonishly large sawblade, grinning like a psycho the whole time. Really, where did the vaguely human Travis of the previous kills go to be replaced by this sadistic monstrosity?

    The show must go on...

    Even a normal guy will do crazy things given the pressure from the audience/peer, now guess what happens when that guy craves attention like Travis.

    Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

    Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Alright, so i got this off gamefly and I've done the first mission. I'm rather uncomfortable with the game however because i have to play it in my living room in front of my family.

    I don't know if I'm going to continue...

    Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You should continue as long as there's no small children in the house. Just explain to family members that the blood, gore, and language is satire.

    Terrendos on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Terrendos wrote: »
    You should continue as long as there's no small children in the house. Just explain to family members that the blood, gore, and language is satire.

    And play naked. That will clear them right out.

    agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Bendery wrote: »
    Alright, so i got this off gamefly and I've done the first mission. I'm rather uncomfortable with the game however because i have to play it in my living room in front of my family.

    I don't know if I'm going to continue...
    I don't think this is really a "social" type of game. Meaning, it's not the type of game you can play casually in front of people (especially those who don't play games normally) and expect them to have a good time watching you play. It's definitely a solo type of experience. At least, it is for me - I'm sure others may disagree with me.

    Either way, in the very least, please don't play it around children.

    Big Dookie on
    Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    Bendery wrote: »
    Alright, so i got this off gamefly and I've done the first mission. I'm rather uncomfortable with the game however because i have to play it in my living room in front of my family.

    I don't know if I'm going to continue...
    I don't think this is really a "social" type of game. Meaning, it's not the type of game you can play casually in front of people (especially those who don't play games normally) and expect them to have a good time watching you play. It's definitely a solo type of experience. At least, it is for me - I'm sure others may disagree with me.

    Either way, in the very least, please don't play it around children.

    I've had friends watch me play that enjoyed it, but yeah, I don't think my family would at all

    bruin on
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    After the disappointments that were Rank 5 (total bullshit) and Rank 4 (what a pussy), Rank 3 was so fucking sweet.
    Bag lady + giant fuckoff laser canon + Thunder Ryu = !

    JihadJesus on
  • DritzDritz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    You didn't like match 5? So it's safe to say you have no soul then I think.

    Dritz on
    There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Dritz wrote: »
    You didn't like match 5? So it's safe to say you have no soul then I think.

    The 5th ranked guy was...
    The guy you didn't even get to fight.

    I think you're probably thinking of Holy, who was fucking awesome.

    JihadJesus on
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    Dritz wrote: »
    You didn't like match 5? So it's safe to say you have no soul then I think.

    The 5th ranked guy was...
    The guy you didn't even get to fight.

    I think you're probably thinking of Holly, who was fucking awesome.
    He probably knows that, but still - "I think I am goin to lose the bowel control!" - "Sir Henry Motherfucker!"

    gunwarrior on
  • HaikiraHaikira Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Finally bought this, god only knows why it took me so long. I got it on an amazing summer deal. Just hit Rank 9, and loving it so far.

    The lack of gore is annoying, but i think I'll live. It just seems ironic there's no blood, but they kept in the mature language.

    Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • FeathersMcGrawFeathersMcGraw Registered User
    edited July 2008
    Haikira wrote: »
    The lack of gore is annoying, but i think I'll live. It just seems ironic there's no blood, but they kept in the mature language.

    Are you outside the US? The American version has ridiculous arterial fountains of blood.

    FeathersMcGraw on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    this is my favorite game in a long time

    it is a shame suda never makes sequels.

    DouglasDanger on
  • HaikiraHaikira Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Haikira wrote: »
    The lack of gore is annoying, but i think I'll live. It just seems ironic there's no blood, but they kept in the mature language.

    Are you outside the US? The American version has ridiculous arterial fountains of blood.

    Yeah, I'm in the UK. Was tempted to import, but i got a seriously good deal in my local store.

    EDIT - Just found a comparison video.

    First boss spoiler

    We really got shafted over :?

    Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Well, someone bumped the thread. That means it's time for a bitter playthrough. I was going to keep a bitter save file right in front of all the boses and then upload them for a psuedo-boss rush, but come to find out there aren't that many fucking save slots.

    Oh well. I think I drilled Dr. Peace the last time I played, which means I get to take on Shinobu on bitter now. Honestly, having mastered the darkside dodge now I kinda think it'll be EASIER than it was last time.

    JihadJesus on
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    this is my favorite game in a long time

    it is a shame suda never makes sequels.

    Yeah it is a shame.

    He says he wants to do another game with Travis, but he hasn't said anything about it.

    slash000 on
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Haikira wrote: »
    Haikira wrote: »
    The lack of gore is annoying, but i think I'll live. It just seems ironic there's no blood, but they kept in the mature language.

    Are you outside the US? The American version has ridiculous arterial fountains of blood.

    Yeah, I'm in the UK. Was tempted to import, but i got a seriously good deal in my local store.

    EDIT - Just found a comparison video.

    First boss spoiler

    We really got shafted over :?

    They should have thrown in rainbows or puppies or something to make up for it.

    143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • HaikiraHaikira Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    143999 wrote: »
    Haikira wrote: »
    Haikira wrote: »
    The lack of gore is annoying, but i think I'll live. It just seems ironic there's no blood, but they kept in the mature language.

    Are you outside the US? The American version has ridiculous arterial fountains of blood.

    Yeah, I'm in the UK. Was tempted to import, but i got a seriously good deal in my local store.

    EDIT - Just found a comparison video.

    First boss spoiler

    We really got shafted over :?

    They should have thrown in rainbows or puppies or something to make up for it.

    I immediately thought of this.

    Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    I appreciate the bump but if you want more No More Heroes make a new thread.

    apotheos on


    猿も木から落ちる
This discussion has been closed.