As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halo 3: Three months to go

• bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ghosts don't fly like that.

bruin on
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Christ

If I can get hi-res versions of every one of those

And go to Kinko's

And blow them up

I will post them all over the fucking campus yes I will

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • cfgausscfgauss Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Christ

If I can get hi-res versions of every one of those

And go to Kinko's

And blow them up

I will post them all over the fucking campus yes I will

People will probably tear them down because they think you're posting pro-war posters. (Or maybe I'm just disillusioned from living in Seattle...)

cfgauss on
    The hero and protagonist, whose story the book follows, is the aptly-named Hiro Protagonist: "Last of the freelance hackers and Greatest sword fighter in the world." When Hiro loses his job as a pizza delivery driver for the Mafia, he meets a streetwise young girl nicknamed Y.T. (short for Yours Truly), who works as a skateboard "Kourier", and they decide to become partners in the intelligence business.
  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ghosts

all this crap is promo art concept made by outsiders who apparently don't know jack-shit about the games

They look like the Covenant Phantom dropships with slightly less purple. They definitely aren't Ghosts.

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    H3_MktgConcept41.jpg

What are those things?

It's a Covenant excavation force, according to Frankie. Or are those Phantoms? I can't remember.

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've been avoiding Halo 3 news and art on account of not having a 360, but...damn. Looks like they're giving more love to the campaign this time, a very, very good thing in my eyes.

Darlan on
  • WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Iriah wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    woah

This final image is by Craig Mullins who has done a lot of Halo concept art. This is from the graphic novel I think.

That.... that's incredible.

Also, someone asked what the object in one of the Zune pictures is...I'm pretty sure no one knows.

Awesome thread guys.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    more:

halo-3-20070622024223287.jpg

Dude shoulder mounted lasers!

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    more:

/IMG

Dude shoulder mounted lasers!

...wtf

I mean, I'm guessing it's supposed to be the flashlight, but even then...WTF?

EDIT: as for the strange rocket picture...for a moment I had thought he bashed an elite over the head with it.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Flamethrower?

Why he's holding it backwards, god knows, but nope:
    That's what I first thought, but it kind of makes sense. It is held over his shoulder, if you flip it forward so it rests on your leg it would be reversed.

Though it is more likely the artist is dyslexic or something.

SpazMuffin on
    Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i absolutely must have high-res versions of those. I could probably try rasterbating some of them though, to see how they'd look as poster. Ooh baby.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I just got orders to the USS San Juan, which puts me on deployment until November. I am a sad panda.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Some of them the artist has clearly never actually played Halo.

ben0207 on
    edited June 2007
    ben0207 wrote: »
    Some of them the artist has clearly never actually played Halo.

i don't know what you're talking about
    halo-3-20070622024229646.jpg

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Some of these are obviously final promo ideas done by an artist.

Some others are definetly just mockups for layout and composition using any old assets lying around.

Dont take em at face value. There's a reason they were released this early and on the Zune.

The_Scarab on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I apologize for my earlier, and shitty, comment on this thread. I should have honestly included a bit more instead of just *yawn*.

I was in the BETA for Halo 3, and I honestly didn't play it once. I played the first one back in the day, and sorta enjoyed it. But the huge fanboy brigade really REALLY turned me off from the game. When Halo 2 it was even worse, but I gave it a shot. It felt like a typical FPS game I have been playing on the PC for years. But only know with a wonky controller.

And now I feel the presence of the brigade already prepping their speakers, and humming the tunes. They're ready to attack anywhere and everywhere they can.

I may eventually pick this up (since I actually own an Xbox now, when the first two were out I didn't own one), but certainly not in the first week. I can't image how Live is going to be like.

But sorry for my shitty contribution to the thread.

urahonky on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    I apologize for my earlier, and shitty, comment on this thread. I should have honestly included a bit more instead of just *yawn*.

I was in the BETA for Halo 3, and I honestly didn't play it once. I played the first one back in the day, and sorta enjoyed it. But the huge fanboy brigade really REALLY turned me off from the game. When Halo 2 it was even worse, but I gave it a shot. It felt like a typical FPS game I have been playing on the PC for years. But only know with a wonky controller.

And now I feel the presence of the brigade already prepping their speakers, and humming the tunes. They're ready to attack anywhere and everywhere they can.

I may eventually pick this up (since I actually own an Xbox now, when the first two were out I didn't own one), but certainly not in the first week. I can't image how Live is going to be like.

But sorry for my shitty contribution to the thread.

I played the beta and only once did I ever meet bad people. The rest were awesome and the beta was awesome. Playing with PAer's helps. Anyway just a few more months. D:

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I just got orders to the USS San Juan, which puts me on deployment until November. I am a sad panda.

I didn't know you were in the military. o_0 Weren't you in college?

Oh, and don't alot of US Navy ships, especially submarines, have Xboxes? I'm pretty sure the military started buying them by the bucketloads, and Microsoft likewise donated alot. You might get lucky, and they'll have a few in the common rooms or whatever.

Recoil42 on
    edited June 2007
    i doubt i'll be on Live for Halo 3 multiplayer until i've completed the campaign. There'll be people mouthing off with spoilers, or weapons that i've not encountered yet, and i just know something will be ruined for me. I play Halo mainly for the campaign and story, and that's what matters most to me here.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • PoochPooch Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    halo-3-20070622024225412.jpg

halo-3-20070622024224818.jpg

So is it just me or is the Chief in the same exact pose in both of these pictures?

Pooch on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Pooch wrote: »

So is it just me or is the Chief in the same exact pose in both of these pictures?

Except that in the first picture he's holding a second smg :p
    Also same here Darley, I don't want people spoiling it for me like "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE" kinda thing.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited June 2007
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Pooch wrote: »

Except that in the first picture he's holding a second smg :p
    Also same here Darley, I don't want people spoiling it for me like "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE" kinda thing.

i suppose it would only be fitting, i did take great amusement in having that as my name on MSN for a couple of weeks. I might just cut all the ethernet cables in the house when i've got my copy.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Love the new title, darley. :lol:

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
    edited June 2007
    chasm953 wrote: »
    Love the new title, darley. :lol:

He lies. He is clearly better on the Wii.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited June 2007
    why thankyou!

I don't want to jump the gun or anything, but as much as i'm excited for the release of Halo 3, i'm probably more keen to see what bungie are doing next. Halo is basically synonymous with the Xbox brand, and a guaranteed console-seller, so i wonder if another MS-owned developer will go and make some more games in the universe (maybe not Master Chief-based FPS, but still with more shooting action). I wouldn't be surprised if this happens, and bungie go off to develop a new IP, since there'll be quite a console-selling exclusive title void in its wake.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited June 2007
    darleysam wrote: »
    why thankyou!

I don't want to jump the gun or anything, but as much as i'm excited for the release of Halo 3, i'm probably more keen to see what bungie are doing next. Halo is basically synonymous with the Xbox brand, and a guaranteed console-seller, so i wonder if another MS-owned developer will go and make some more games in the universe (maybe not Master Chief-based FPS, but still with more shooting action). I wouldn't be surprised if this happens, and bungie go off to develop a new IP, since there'll be quite a console-selling exclusive title void in its wake.

Well Halo Wars and Peter Jackson's episodic content for starters. I'm really intrigued by PJ's content.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited June 2007
    true, but i can't see an RTS game getting the same hype as the Halo we all know and love (no matter how well developed it may be, they're just not as accessible or recognisable as an FPS). The Peter Jackson thing, i'm really interested in, but is a bit of an unknown quantity. Again, it's likely to be awesome, but it's not exactly a game, not a film.. some kind of interactive story?
    My point is though, Halo is more or less the Xbox's driving force. It put the OXbox on the map, and people bought it for that game. There are plenty of other good games on the console, but none that have the same appeal. Everyone knows the sales of 360s are going to jump like crazy as september nears, but if Halo 3 is the last title in the series (as has been announced), then MS are going to need another big, exclusive IP with the same immense appeal, to take its place. I imagine that'll be bungie's next project.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
    edited June 2007
    darleysam wrote: »
    true, but i can't see an RTS game getting the same hype as the Halo we all know and love (no matter how well developed it may be, they're just not as accessible or recognisable as an FPS). The Peter Jackson thing, i'm really interested in, but is a bit of an unknown quantity. Again, it's likely to be awesome, but it's not exactly a game, not a film.. some kind of interactive story?
    My point is though, Halo is more or less the Xbox's driving force. It put the OXbox on the map, and people bought it for that game. There are plenty of other good games on the console, but none that have the same appeal. Everyone knows the sales of 360s are going to jump like crazy as september nears, but if Halo 3 is the last title in the series (as has been announced), then MS are going to need another big, exclusive IP with the same immense appeal, to take its place. I imagine that'll be bungie's next project.

Man that would be so fucking awesome since there is so much to work with in the Halo universe. I'm confident Bungie can come up with something that is universally hated and loved. :P

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey guys.

All this art is making me think we may finish some fight somewhere.

I wonder what gave you that idea. :P

I would have to say all of this Halo 3 ARG stuff is pointless for me. Sure, there is the story but since the beta and seeing how they (IMHO) balanced the game sigificantly better, dare I say-- perfectly, I've wanted halo 3.

I don't get in lines for games and I will for this one.

Viscountalpha on
    edited June 2007
    Hey guys.

All this art is making me think we may finish some fight somewhere.

I wonder what gave you that idea. :P

I would have to say all of this Halo 3 ARG stuff is pointless for me. Sure, there is the story but since the beta and seeing how they (IMHO) balanced the game sigificantly better, dare I say-- perfectly, I've wanted halo 3.

I don't get in lines for games and I will for this one.

It's giving us more Halo backstory so I can't complain.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited June 2007

Oh, and don't alot of US Navy ships, especially submarines, have Xboxes? I'm pretty sure the military started buying them by the bucketloads, and Microsoft likewise donated alot. You might get lucky, and they'll have a few in the common rooms or whatever.

Heh, college. I joined back in May of 06 when I decided I was tired of college. 30 credits shy of graduating. A shame, really.

I have heard that about the systems onboard ships, but on your first underway it's not very kosher to just jump on and play some videogames and watch movies. You're expected to bust your ass for everyone and be a bitch for a while till you earn some respect. Basically, I'm not playing the game till i get home.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
    edited June 2007

Heh, college. I joined back in May of 06 when I decided I was tired of college. 30 credits shy of graduating. A shame, really.

I have heard that about the systems onboard ships, but on your first underway it's not very kosher to just jump on and play some videogames and watch movies. You're expected to bust your ass for everyone and be a bitch for a while till you earn some respect. Basically, I'm not playing the game till i get home.

D: That sucks man.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • 043043 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    halo-3-20070622024237865.jpg

I can see this as a movie poster.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Shoulda joined the Coast Guard. Played so much underway I hate Halo 2 multiplayer now, Although Mario Kart and Guitar Hero gave me some memorable seatime.

So whats the deal with the first books being written before Halo 2 and with Bungies input but then not incorprating any of it in to the game?

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So whats the deal with the first books being written before Halo 2 and with Bungies input but then not incorprating any of it in to the game?

All the books are canon, but I suspect Bungie wants players to be able to pick up and play immediately and know exactly what's going on, without having to rely on outside sources for more information.

The Cortana Letters and I Love Bees are not *officially* canon, but Bungie is currently in talks for canonization.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

did you read the other half of my post?
    all this crap is promo art concept made by outsiders who apparently don't know jack-shit about the games

those are ghosts, not phantoms. yes, they shouldn't fly like that.

doublehawk00 on
    edited June 2007

did you read the other half of my post?

those are ghosts, not phantoms. yes, they shouldn't fly like that.

They look more like Phantoms than Ghosts.

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
    edited June 2007

Shoulda joined the Coast Guard.

I prefer to ride around in big boy boats. Thanks for the suggestion, though :P.

I kid, I kid. It's all in fun.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Two things:

One: Those are definitely ghosts. Ghosts without pilots, and ghosts that are flying, but they are ghosts.

Two: That is not a rocket launcher, it's the homing rocket pod that you wield in third person in the game. Y'know, the one that was in the base on Valhalla?

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
    edited June 2007
    Ghosts don't have a bottom that bulky. They'd be much flatter if they were actually Ghosts. They're shaped more like the Phantom dropships, but coloured slightly differently. Hell, they look more like Sentinels to me than Ghosts.

Evangir on