As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halo 3: Three months to go

13»

• X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Those are just the wings sticking out of the front. They look odd because the ghost's all beaten up.

1_1099368333.jpg
    bigghost.jpg

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I see what you're saying, but I still don't think it's a Ghost. The ghost is a relatively flat craft, whereas this has a bulky bottom section. They don't match up other than the wings. My guess is still that it's either a Phantom (drawn a little oddly), or a new ship we haven't seen yet. Both seem more likely than the artist just knowing nothing about the series.

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man, you can even see the seat in the back of the thing. I don't see this bulky bottom thing you're talking about, either.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Are you seeing it as being in the same orientation as the Ghost picture you posted? If so, I can see a little better how you would think it's a Ghost. However, I think given the context of the picture, the ship is moving away from the Chief, towards the structure.

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    they're ghosts, the image was made by someone who clearly didn't know what they were, or didn't care because all the image is meant to be is a shitty mock-up for promo art that could be approved and made at a later point

halo-3-20070622024235849.jpg

that is also the rocket launcher we all know from halo and halo 2, only held backwards and at the hip for no reason. this art was not made to be an accurate representation of the game.

doublehawk00 on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    they're ghosts, the image was made by someone who clearly didn't know what they were, or didn't care because all the image is meant to be is a shitty mock-up for promo art that could be approved and made at a later point

[imgsnip[/img]

that is also the rocket launcher we all know from halo and halo 2, only held backwards and at the hip for no reason. this art was not made to be an accurate representation of the game.

That looks to me like he has just fired it from the shoulder and has brought it down to rest on his knee. For whatever reason.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

halo-3-20070622024235849.jpg

It appears the MC might be reloading it... but that might be just me.

Local H Jay on
    edited June 2007
    why is it smoking from the back?

doublehawk00 on
  • hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    who cares it looks awesome

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Yes, why on earth, would a rocket launcher, which fires rockets, which by their standard definition, involve a projectile that is propelled by firing gas through the back end, have a gas coming out the back end?

Recoil42 on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Recoil42 wrote: »

Yes, why on earth, would a rocket launcher, which fires rockets, which by their standard definition, involve a projectile that is propelled by firing gas through the back end, have a gas coming out the back end?

What are you getting at?

:P

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Some of these were also mockups for the latest Halo novel cover art.

Not all are for the game, some aren't Masterchief.

The_Scarab on
  • BearcatBearcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bungie is going to pull a fast one and leave the fight unfinished.

If I were a betting man ...

Bearcat on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bearcat wrote: »
    Bungie is going to pull a fast one and leave the fight unfinished.

If I were a betting man ...

Probably. Haloez 4 possibly. I dunno, The might NEED to finish this fight and setup for another whole new fight. So we finish one to our satisfaction only to realize it gets even bigger

(Hopefully not, but this is my prediction)

Viscountalpha on
    edited June 2007
    Halo 4: FINISH THE BURRITO

HO HO.

Such big portions.

Halo 5: Eat That Part at the End That's Basically A Couple Layers of Folded Tortilla

Bearcat on
    edited June 2007

don't try being snippy or smart jackass

doublehawk00 on
    edited June 2007

I believe he just did.

*Guitar Solo*

Bearcat on
    edited June 2007
    Bearcat wrote: »

I believe he just did.

*Guitar Solo*

I lol'd.

If only because Guitar Solo always sounds to me like the Wyld Stalyins riff from Bill and Ted.

The_Scarab on
    edited June 2007
    H3_Outskirts.jpg

H3_PelicanTether21.jpg

H3_PelicanTether.jpg

Dudes. Dudes. Just... dudes. Leaked script + all this artwork telling anyone anything?

Recoil42 on
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Earth is fucked and I'm dangerously close to an orgasm?

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    H3_Outskirts.jpg[IMG][/img]H3_PelicanTether21.jpg[IMG][/img]H3_PelicanTether.jpgDudes. Dudes. Just... dudes. Leaked script + all this artwork telling anyone anything?
    That these pics are making me pitch the most major of tents and said wood will have a movie made about directed by Peter Jackson called "King Dong"?

SpazMuffin on
    Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg
  • IriahIriah Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    H3_Outskirts.jpg

H3_PelicanTether21.jpg

H3_PelicanTether.jpg

Dudes. Dudes. Just... dudes. Leaked script + all this artwork telling anyone anything?

Perhaps the game is coming out in September or something.

Iriah on
    edited June 2007
    113.jpg

The_Scarab on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    scarey flood and if anyone mentions the h-word I will fucking hunt you down and shank you to death.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ...I just shit in my pants a little.

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    That heads pretty reminiscent of the elites. Exact same maw. Wonder if theres any relation?

Leitner on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Leitner wrote: »
    That heads pretty reminiscent of the elites. Exact same maw. Wonder if theres any relation?

Uh....it's an Elite combat form if you hadn't noticed.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited June 2007
    You guys have seen the Juggernaut flood form from Halo2 that was taken out, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmAR4CMu3zg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76QTdEhLaBk

Recoil42 on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »

Uh....it's an Elite combat form if you hadn't noticed.

For some reason I thought it was much larger. Lack of anything to give perspective to its size didn't help.

I really hope they expand the flood line up. I have a funny feeling their going to be the standard enemy in the game, not the brutes unless they really overturn how the brutes fight, because they were pretty boring as enemies.

Leitner on
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    You guys have seen the Juggernaut flood form from Halo2 that was taken out, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmAR4CMu3zg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76QTdEhLaBk

Now I have!

graizur on
  • 043043 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Why the fuck would you read a "leaked script" for Halo 3?

It's like four months away, and if anything in that was real, you'll be disappointed when you actually play it.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2007
    043 wrote: »

It's like four months away, and if anything in that was real, you'll be disappointed when you actually play it.

I'm actually just talking about the scenes from the WIRED article a while back, not a full leaked script.

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2007/04/im_in_halo_3.html

scan0001_2.jpg

If you look, the scenes in the script match the scenes from the concept art we've just seen. Underground base, pelican landings, Voi, etc.

Recoil42 on
    edited June 2007
    043 wrote: »

I read it like 2 years ago. It had a cliff hanger ending which will not be the case with this game I guarentee (however you speel it) it.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • SushisourceSushisource Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Is it just me, or does this pic look like Chief is working with the Elites?

H3_Battle.jpg

Sushisource on
    Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif
    edited June 2007

H3_Battle.jpg

..You did play Halo2, right?

Recoil42 on
  • SushisourceSushisource Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

H3_Battle.jpg

..You did play Halo2, right?

Yes. Rofl, I knew I was forgetting something, I felt uneasy after posting that, I was thinking "This can only end in shame".

Sushisource on
    Some drugee on Kavinsky's 1986
    kavinskysig.gif