As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

bad decisions you make

12345679»

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Daric wrote: »
    Weren't there 3 stools you mentioned?

Yeah, the warehouse manager eats lunch in there as well. He was in the breakroom getting his lunch from the fridge when this went down.

3 stools:

Warehouse manager

Douchebag A

Me

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gotcha.

You should have just shoved him off the stool the first time. It would have saved you some embarrassment.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    AggronautAggronaut Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Weren't there 3 stools you mentioned?

Manager, Asshole A, Asshole B.
    2 taken, 3rd is fought for.

EDIT: Too late.

Aggronaut on

trooperssignature.jpg
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So this one time I let 3830920292 people stay with me for PAX.
    Harglebargle to follow

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Gotcha.

You should have just shoved him off the stool the first time. It would have saved you some embarrassment.

Except I didn't want to have to shove him, period.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    more problems could be solved by hitting people with 2x4's.

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    neville wrote: »
    Harglebargle to follow

Make them each bring an extra bottle of something good. Then stash half of the loot.

Aggronaut on

trooperssignature.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yeah, my job is officially gone, and I'm moving out of the city as of August 15th and back home.

Overall I see this as a good thing, except that this happened at a very bad time in terms of my love life.

And it showed me that I fucking love living in the city, and will likely move back in better living conditions once I am out of college.

Javen on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Teefs

You opened up a Wormhole of stupidity.

Also, I hope your teeth are okay XOXO

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ps: be less of a pussy

Zoolander on
  • Options
    Dangerou-DaveDangerou-Dave __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Dumb Hero wrote: »
    So yes, I did indeed get sent home with no pay. I shoved one of the douchebag coworkers I work with during lunch, had a meeting with the warehouse manager, and the Operations Manager and Asst. Manager.

It was something that had been building up for several weeks and I feel like a dick for snapping like that.

BUT.

After I clocked out and got my stuff the Operations Manager came up and said "Off the record, you are a smart kid, and we have a future for you here. Those two? Those two are shit. Think of this as vacation time, I'll make up the hours to you sometime. Know that if they continue to bring this shit on you, they'll both be gone."

So ouch, my back hurts but hey I know that they intend to keep me around and promote me to some sort of managerial position at some point.

Wow, that's pretty cool. That'd make my week, probably.

I clock in via a 1-800 number for my job, and I'm kind of my own boss, which is pretty nice. I work at a building I'm contracted to work at via an outside company...so I don't have a boss or co-workers looming over me...I can work at my own pace/in any order I want...and I listen to podcasts/music while I work.

It's not a bad gig for "commercial cleaning," seeing as how I'm just trying to pay for my last two years of college.

Besides, I get a sweet keycard that gives me access to most areas of the building, including the operations office, and it makes a totally cool "beep" when I use it.

Dangerou-Dave on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Aggronaut wrote: »
    Harglebargle to follow

Make them each bring an extra bottle of something good. Then stash half of the loot.

that's an excellent idea

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Aggronaut wrote: »
    Harglebargle to follow

that's an excellent idea

I know my alcohol and what to do with it.
    And I'm no dirty communist, sharing is fun as long as you still have enough to get properly wasted.

Aggronaut on

trooperssignature.jpg
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Yo, SH. Don't feel too bad. I know that, coming from me, this is pretty meaningless, but; I have done far worse things to people for far less.

You showed an amount of restraint that BOGGLES my teenaged mind.

Edit: Because that guy probably would have been hit with that stool. And then maybe his friend too.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I would have beat the everloving shit out of him if we that much of a cockbag. In fact, something like that happened at our after-prom.

My friend Stephen got up from his table to go get some food and when he came back another kid had stolen his seat. Stephen told him to get up and the kid refused. So Stephen picked him up, slammed him against the wall, and then threw him over the table. The table flipped over, a bunch of plates and glasses broke and they both got kicked out. But the kid got his ass beat and it was hilarious.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I wish there were a way for all of you to see these kids in action.

And by kids I mean they are only like, two years younger than I am.

I was never that fucking retarded at 20.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    See... SH... I've been a fatty my whole life, so my ratio of cock-knockers/normal, healthy people, as far as who I have had to deal with, has been VASTLY TILTED towards cock-knockers.

I have a very low tolerance level for cockery.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    See... SH... I've been a fatty my whole life, so my ratio of cock-knockers/normal, healthy people, as far as who I have had to deal with, has been VASTLY TILTED towards cock-knockers.

I have a very low tolerance level for cockery.

I do my best not to get bothered by it.

But this had been going on to varying degrees since I started working there.

Now that it's been brought to the Operations Manager's attention it should be resolved, one way or another.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I am so goddamn ashamed to be bundled in with those fucks, as far as age/generational classifications go.

Though, I say that most of the time I socialize with my own age group, so take that as you will.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I am so goddamn ashamed to be bundled in with those fucks, as far as age/generational classifications go.

Though, I say that most of the time I socialize with my own age group, so take that as you will.

You aren't the only one.

More than once I've had a manager look at me and say "You guys are like, the same age, right? What the fuck happened to them."

My roommate has an interesting theory about how it ties to when they began teaching self-esteem in schools. Kids thought they were special and unique snowflakes and that the world was their just for them.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    See... my parents told me and my brother we were special. But, we were also allowed to suck at stuff.

My dad literally said to me once "Wow, buddy, you are pretty awful at this cello thing... y'wanna do something else?" So I said yes.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    more problems could be solved by hitting people with 2x4's.

hacksaw2.jpg

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • Options
    DegjoDegjo Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I just quit my job at Albertsons today. I'm moving 400 miles north of my current location to live with a couple of friends.

I don't have a job lined up, and I have little money. The only bright side to this is that I have July's rent paid. I have a little over a month to find a job.

Degjo on
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dumb Hero wrote: »
    My roommate has an interesting theory about how it ties to when they began teaching self-esteem in schools. Kids thought they were special and unique snowflakes and that the world was their just for them.

Not the first time this idea has popped up, and it seems at least partly correct.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    See, I know that as a person, I am unique.

But that doesn't entitle me to be a fucking dick to everyone around me.

My coworkers on the other hand...

I blame it on the rap music

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i ate like 4 hotlinks at a bbq yesterday and drank a not insignificant ammount of beer.

it was awsome at the time, but then today i dropped this rude deuce that made me feel like i had keister'd a full bottle of tobasco.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png