As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Critical Failures

1313233343537»

• trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Damn that is sweet. I wonder how much of their house that takes up.

Incidentally, I am here to plug my latest project...I need some suggestions for it:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=41945

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    sarukun wrote: »
    trentsteel wrote: »
    I love those colors on the missile launchers, I'm totally stealing that for my Orks.

Wow, I just basecoated my Hive...Cobra? Behemoth? Nightmare? Genestealer Stork? and he looks freaking deadly already.

You don't like "Herbie"?

Just for the record, I agree that "Herbie the Love Bug" would be a great name for that monstrosity.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Reviving this thread because it's only kinda old and it is a good thread to have around.

So I'm thinking somewhat seriously about getting back into running some games. And for some reason I want to run a game based sorta around the ideas of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I'm thinking of setting it in modern day, just picking some sort of government or whatever out of a book, create a good ol' composite of various things for my setting, and then telling my players to pick a character out of literature that takes place in the modernish day and convert them into game characters. Obviously there'd be a lot of weird tweaking to nail down an exact year, but that's not the problem I'm having really. I just can't seem to figure out for the life of me what game system to use for this. I don't want to use a leveled system, because it just doesn't feel right, but I am at a loss for ideas beyond that. Any help?

Straightzi on
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I've been out of RPG's for so long I really couldn't tell you.

No leveling up makes sense, but leveling up to me was a major part of playing RPG's in the first place.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You could always just screw around with the BRP system a bit.

ChicoBlue on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    These guys are badasses. These guys are cool.

You? You're just a dork with a bad haircut.

http://z11.invisionfree.com/Work_In_Progress/index.php?showtopic=9485

Fuck you, my hair cut is awesome.

That spread is pretty bad ass, though.

sarukun on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    You could always just screw around with the BRP system a bit.

That is probably what I'll end up doing. It's either that or storyteller, and I don't really want to buy the books for that.

Straightzi on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    GURPS is an option. You can even get it free off the net if they still have it up.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I'm playing as Chigurh.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    i would fucking love to get back into 40k.

Why is it so goddamned expensive, though?!

Ol' Sparky on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I got Descent: Journeys In The Dark today. It looks like fun, but holy goddamn, I need to get an organizer to put all these tokens from all these damned games I have. It's getting a bit difficult to keep them in the box, especially as I'd prefer them to be organized and easy to find.

Moriveth on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Has anyone here played the Game of Thrones board game?

Penguin Incarnate on
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Queertzi wrote: »
    Reviving this thread because it's only kinda old and it is a good thread to have around.

So I'm thinking somewhat seriously about getting back into running some games. And for some reason I want to run a game based sorta around the ideas of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I'm thinking of setting it in modern day, just picking some sort of government or whatever out of a book, create a good ol' composite of various things for my setting, and then telling my players to pick a character out of literature that takes place in the modernish day and convert them into game characters. Obviously there'd be a lot of weird tweaking to nail down an exact year, but that's not the problem I'm having really. I just can't seem to figure out for the life of me what game system to use for this. I don't want to use a leveled system, because it just doesn't feel right, but I am at a loss for ideas beyond that. Any help?

The HERO system! It's a point based generic system, though originally based around superheroes. It's the most flexible system you can have in my opinion, and I use it whenever I can (and shamelessly promote it whenever I can).

The only downsides are 1. the book is massive and long, and decently expensive at 50 bucks - but it contains everything you will need, for both players and gms. And 2., with so much flexibility, it can take a while to make characters. As in, you might want to devote a session to just character creation. There's so many things you can do, it takes a while for people to decide what they want, even if they know everything that's possible.

If you have any questions then ask them here, I always try to get people to play this system.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
    edited December 2007
    Queertzi wrote: »

The HERO system! It's a point based generic system, though originally based around superheroes. It's the most flexible system you can have in my opinion, and I use it whenever I can (and shamelessly promote it whenever I can).
    The only downsides are 1. the book is massive and long, and decently expensive at 50 bucks - but it contains everything you will need, for both players and gms. And 2., with so much flexibility, it can take a while to make characters. As in, you might want to devote a session to just character creation. There's so many things you can do, it takes a while for people to decide what they want, even if they know everything that's possible.

If you have any questions then ask them here, I always try to get people to play this system.

Alright, I'll take a look at it if I see it at my local gaming store.

Straightzi on