As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stuff I made

13»

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Your wife's going to let you do that? Awesome!

LaOs on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    Ex-wife.

Now, anyway. :P

Thanatos on
    edited June 2007
    Zing!

LaOs on
  • ryuprechtryuprecht Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Ex-wife.

Now, anyway. :P

Ouch!

Thankfully, she thought it was the best idea I've ever had on what to do with the house and she offered to help me sort beads and make the brick patterns.

ryuprecht on
    edited June 2007
    Nice!

Isn't she the same one who wouldn't let you put up those miniatures (well, the smaller scenes and characters) anywhere in the house?

LaOs on
    edited June 2007
    Nice!

Isn't she the same one who wouldn't let you put up those miniatures (well, the smaller scenes and characters) anywhere in the house?

Yeah, that's her. But this is going in Jonah's room, so that makes it ok.

Lucky brat.

ryuprecht on
    edited June 2007
    I suppose... :P

LaOs on
  • urbmanurbman Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Jeffe see if you could get that published, Id buy that for my 2 year old sis and for my future kids, hell Id buy it for myself. there 3 copies already.

urbman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hmm... I guess I'll contribute. Warioware cosplay!

1104203.jpg

I made the entirety of my costume (Mona), and did my sister's dress as well (Ashley). This was for Anime North this year.

I'm particularly happy with the guitar and the hat.

(Since you can't really see the hat clearly: http://images.cosplay.com/photos/11/1104190.jpg )

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, I finished Mario/Luigi coasters like the ones ryuprecht linked to, and also made a coaster of Sonic's head, although my colors are a bit off. Anyway, this shit takes forever and my back hurts. But, I'm satisfied. :D

Any other suggestions for who I should make coasters out of next?

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited July 2007
    Gooey wrote: »
    Well, I finished Mario/Luigi coasters like the ones ryuprecht linked to, and also made a coaster of Sonic's head, although my colors are a bit off. Anyway, this shit takes forever and my back hurts. But, I'm satisfied. :D

Only one option at this point...

An Octorock.

ryuprecht on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ryuprecht wrote: »
    The bad part is, I don't know what to do with them. They look stupid in my office at work, and my wife doesn't want me putting them up around the house ("that would look cool...if we were 20 and in college still.")

The Mario, pipe and megaman were taken from pictures other people did before. I practiced with them. The Black Mage, Chrono and metroid were my own, taken from screen grabs and sprite picts. I had to redo some colors on my own, especially with Chrono.

Clearly you should create the entire cast of FFVI, put them all in a heavily padded UPS box and then send them all to me. I'll give them a loving home. :P

And that book is brillant Jeffe. I'm seriously considering asking you for the files so I can create a copy to give to some friends who are expecting a baby in Sept.

Nice idea, but a day late and a dollar short. My newest plan was concocted last night. I bought 40,000 more beads and I mapped out a plan to fill a wall in my 4 year old's room with a scene from Super Mario Brothers.

Maybe I'll post pictures as it comes together.

I'd have withdrawn my request anyways after reading that. You must do this and your child must breed.

Actually you kinda inspired me to do my own FF character colleciton. The only thing I'm dreading is finding all the correct colors for the entire cast of FFIV/VI. That and the whole money thing. :P

HappylilElf on
  • sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited July 2007
    Disc.jpg

I didn't make this humorous juxtaposition -- Imageshack did. I just captured it.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gooey wrote: »

Only one option at this point...

An Octorock.

Currently I have:

Mario
    Luigi
    Sonic (head)
    A Skull (that I practiced on)
    Pac-Man
    "Scared" Pac-Man Ghost (is that what you call it? I've never known.)

I'll be adding:
    Link
    Octorok
    And maybe a scaled-down, shameless rip of your Megaman

Both my Pac-Man and Ghost were from memory...although it's not like Pac-Man is hard. To do the others I found sprites, blew them up a few hundred percent and copied them pixel-by-pixel.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • ALockslyALocksly Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Here's some bathroom stuff. I did this for a client who bought some high tech shower with a radio, phone, massage, etc, etc. She wanted the sides covered in stone but the shower guy said she would still need to have a way for a repair guy to get into the back and fix all the gizmos should they go wrong. This was my solution. The gaps when closed are just big enough for a razor blade to fit in. It's held shut with magnets. I did the carpentry for this too. The whole "door" weighed about eighty pounds.
    stone5lm2.jpg
    stone4fp8.jpg
    stone3wl6.jpg

ALocksly on
    Yes,... yes, I agree. It's totally unfair that sober you gets into trouble for things that drunk you did.
  • MishraMishra Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    While not quite as artsy as what you all have made I still love this thing:
    img1349smcsportsday2006se6.jpg
    img1314smcsportsday2006zp0.jpg
    img1407fsmcsportsday200hk0.jpg

It's a compressed Air Powered Water Balloon Cannon we built for a contest at work. Last time we fired it we shot a water ballon almost 200 Yards. The best part is people were supposed to try and catch the things. We calculated the muzzle velocity at 80 M.P.H. not very many were caught. Your tax dollars at work folks. Maybe i can dig up some sets I built while i worked in theatre or I can post pictures of my robots.

Mishra on
    "Give a man a fire, he's warm for the night. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life."
    -Terry Pratchett
    edited July 2007
    Mishra wrote: »

It's a compressed Air Powered Water Balloon Cannon we built for a contest at work. Last time we fired it we shot a water ballon almost 200 Yards. The best part is people were supposed to try and catch the things. We calculated the muzzle velocity at 80 M.P.H. not very many were caught. Your tax dollars at work folks. Maybe i can dig up some sets I built while i worked in theatre or I can post pictures of my robots.

I'll pay $50 for one of those.

That rocks.

ryuprecht on
  • MishraMishra Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mishra wrote: »

I'll pay $50 for one of those.

That rocks.

It was considerably more than $50 in parts.

Mishra on
    "Give a man a fire, he's warm for the night. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life."
    -Terry Pratchett
    edited July 2007
    Update:

Over the past three days I've put 5 hours into the Mario project. Yesterday I spent 4 hours making 6 brick patters for the bottom of the "level". For those keeping count, that was just under 2,500 beads for the start...

The original SMB uses 16 bricks per screen, or 6,700 beads for the floor alone.

I have also made a Mario and two Hammer Bros. It's coming together nicely!

ryuprecht on
  • 1up1up Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Heres a quick shot of the ones my girlfriend and I made.

perlersprites.jpg

Looking to do more SNES when we get more colors.

1up on
    tf2_sig.png
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I love the yellow emoticon in the bottom right corner.

Hell, I love all of your yellow emoticons. I'd buy those for $10 each.

I'd love to use the eye roll-y one as a coaster.

devoir on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ...Well crap, now I need to buy these and do D: with them.

yalborap on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    The company who makes those things is going to be so confused by the jump in next quarters' sales figures :P even I want emoticon coasters now!

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My comfy although overstuffed and slightly misshapen 1 Up Pillow:

1UpPillow.jpg

It was my first attempt, so I have a feeling that further attempts would turn out better (I still want to make a red mushroom and a question mark block). It's held up nicely for almost a year now.

My girlfriend and I are also churning out a bunch of wands that we made out of dowel rods, sculpey and paint so that we can sell them at the Harry Potter festival. :^:

Oh, and I am definitely going to make some coasters.

Taximes on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    I love the yellow emoticon in the bottom right corner.

Hell, I love all of your yellow emoticons. I'd buy those for $10 each.

I'd love to use the eye roll-y one as a coaster.

There's a whole set of emoticons to match that one

emot_wank.gifemot_shocked_large.gifemot_laugh_large.gifemot_grin_large.gifemot_cry_large.gifemot_angry.gifemot_wink_large.gifemot_tongue.gifemot_sad_large.gifemot_huh.gifemot_embarrassed.gifemot_cheesy.gif

All you'd need to do is blow them up in an image editor and do one peg per pixel!

Janson on
  • kevbotkevbot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Found the following while looking around for patterns to use...

http://flickr.com/photos/34152900@N00/sets/1686827/

Thanks for the idea, ryuprecht... I can see many hours in my near future slipping away :P

kevbot on
    Your music is bad, and you should feel bad!
  • redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have a light-brite mooninite, but no camera.

redx on
    They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Janson wrote: »
    There's a whole set of emoticons to match that one

emot_wank.gifemot_shocked_large.gifemot_laugh_large.gifemot_grin_large.gifemot_cry_large.gifemot_angry.gifemot_wink_large.gifemot_tongue.gifemot_sad_large.gifemot_huh.gifemot_embarrassed.gifemot_cheesy.gif

All you'd need to do is blow them up in an image editor and do one peg per pixel!
    So where do you find pegs (or beads, or whatever) of the right colour? Especially for NES characters, if you go with the wrong blue or red, it'll show.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • AnonymoAnonymo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sorry for the quality of the image (in angle, lighting, and amount of Mario visible.) This was just before I had to pack up my dorm room, and only had my phone's camera on hand. I needed to document all the fun stuff, as it was time to go for the summer.
    Oh, it's made of floppy disks, hanging from a green PVC pipe.
    05-23-07_1457.jpg

Hmm, you also can't tell in there, but in the pile of crap on the desk is this Bantha. I was obsessed with Star Wars Galaxies, and there's an item that looks just like this. (This was an even older cameraphone...)
    bantha34.jpg
    banthaside.jpg

I've been playing with stonecarving occasionally, here's a mostly-done one. It was fun because feet are really handy for holding things while you carve.
    stonefett2.jpg

Anonymo on