THE COURT OF KING PHALLIS
Night 1: Locked Doors
The ballroom in the East Wing of Castle Phalla is small but ornate, used only for hosting the most exclusive of parties. Everyone is laughing and dancing and enjoying themselves. No one seems to have noticed that the King is late to his own ball.
A tall, serious-faced man comes in and motions to the guards near the entrance. Suddenly, the doors are slammed shut, locked and, from the sound of it, barred from the other side. The music has stopped and the string quartet is being led out the servant’s entrance. After the cellist is through, the tall man locks that door as well, and a guard is posted in front of it. The nobles have grown quiet, not quite understanding what is happening. The sound of doors being shut and barred can be faintly heard down the hall.
The tall man clears his throat and begins to address the party-goers.
“Ladies and gentlemen, welcome. I am
here on behalf of the King, who, I am
afraid to say, cannot attend. Tybalt
is my name. Dear guests, know that (through no fault
of my own) there are traitors here among
us, who wish to see the lot of you hung.”
The nobles begin to whisper worriedly back and forth, but Tybalt gestures for silence.
“This wing of the castle has been sealed shut.
I’m sorry, the plot was uncovered but
mere minutes ago. The King has wisely
chosen to seal us off and advised me
to inform you about how proceed.”
shouts a voice from the crowd, strained with tones of disbelief. “‘How to proceed’?!”
“Yes. We all must weed
out these villainous knaves before they cut
us all down, in attempting to end what
we all know is the most glorious age
that great Phalla has ever seen. This room
contains the most powerful nobles whom
the King entrusted his nation to. Now,
it is time to discuss exactly how
we will go about finding the guilty
parties. Some here have sworn false fealty
and the King has decreed that you must find
those among us who have got a good mind
to end our society. We proceed
Every night everyone will vote on someone who they suspect is working with the enemies of Phalla and are plotting the King’s assassination. Every night the person who has the most votes will be put to death.
Voting closes at 10:30 PM CDT.
You vote on who you suspect like this:
I !vote DarkPrimus.
You may retract your vote like this:
I !recant my accusation of DarkPrimus.
The King, and therefore Tybalt, detests people who are indecisive. You are not permitted more than one retraction a night. You will also be expected to vote every night, and be reasonably active.
There are no “seers” or “guardians” here. Nobles possess neither the ability of clairvoyance nor the raiment to defend others from attack. But what nobles do possess is… money.
Everyone has the option to bid on protection from one of the few spare guards left in the wing of the castle, or for Tybalt to have someone search the room of one of the other nobles.
Bids are to be sent via PM to Tybalt by 10:00 PM CDT.
You may bid on an investigation OR on a bodyguard, not both.
You are only allowed to place one bid per night.
Be sure to specify who you wish to be investigated in your bid PM. Bids without a specified target will be forfeited.
Only the winning bidders will have to pay. Everyone else keeps their money. Bid, bid, bid!
In the case that bids are tied, the earlier-placed bids have precedence.
Both the first-place and second-place investigation bidders have to pay. You do not get information for free folks.
Bodyguards and Investigations:
The highest bidder for the night will be assigned a bodyguard, who will protect them from any assassination attempts by the assassins. A bodyguard will not protect you from the public vote. You may not choose someone other than yourself to be protected.
You are protected the night after you win the bid on a bodyguard. In other words, the person who bid on the bodyguard on Night 1 receives their protection after Night 2's narration and is protected through to the beginning of Night 3 (the end of that night's narration).
The highest bidder for the investigation will have the individual of their choice investigated, and the results of the investigation will be given to him via PM. The second-highest bidder will also receive the results of the investigation via PM. Neither person is under any obligation to make the information public.
Assassin Kill(s) > Vote Execution > Bodyguard re-assigned/Investigation results given
No, you may not know how many assassins there are. Information about the assassins may be given during the narration.
There are at least THREE different factions of assassins.
No PM sharing is allowed, publically or privately.
If you make an off-site board to discuss things, please inform me and allow me access.
If you have any questions about the rules, please post them like this. Some of the game's rules will not be revealed unless events occur that will require them to be.
1. cheez (Guy) loyal Phallan, executed by popular vote
2. Lignisse (Lisette) loyal Phallan, assassinated by Umbillicum traitors
3. TehSpectre (Serge) loyal Phallan, assassinated by Scrotsylvanian traitors
4. DevoutlyApathetic (Ambroise)
5. DËTHKÖK (Jaques) loyal Phallan, executed by popular vote
6. precisionk (Fauntleroy) loyal Phallan, executed by popular vote
7. Buzz Buzz (Alphonse) Scrotsylvanian traitor, executed by popular vote
8. FunkyWaltDogg (Aldéric) Scrotsylvanian traitor, executed by popular vote
9. robothero (Sylvestre) loyal Phallan, executed by popular vote
10. Threelemmings (Gaston) loyal Phallan, assassinated by Scrotsylvanian traitors
11. jdarksun (Jean-Baptiste)
12. Wonder Bread (Marius) moron, eaten by baby spiders
13. Squashua (Frédéric) loyal Phallan, assassinated by Umbillicum traitors
14. Gnasty (Adrien) Phallan Revolutionist, assassinated byScrotsylvanian traitors
15. Bliss 101 (Bernadette) loyal Phallan, assassinated by Phallan revolutionist
16. Plutonium (Mountpaul) Umbilicum traitor
17. B:L (D'Eon) loyal Phallan, executed by popular vote
18. Grundlterror (Dimitri)
19. Kin33 (Theirn)
20. Balefuego (Christian) loyal Phallan and inactive, died of influenza
21. frandelgearslip (Alain) loyal Phallan, executed by popular vote
22. Typhus733 (Abel) loyal Phallan and inactive, died during blood-letting
23. tofu (Claude)
24. Ardor (Jacques) loyal Phallan, executed by popular vote
25. GrimmyTOA (Louis) loyal Phallan and inactive, died during blood-letting
26. spaik (René) Umbillicum traitor
“And now, dear Phallans… take the lead.”
Tybalt gives a quick bow.
“I shall return in twenty-four hours
to test the use of your deductive pow’rs.”
Night 1: Locked Doors
Night 2: Countered Revolutions
Night 3: The Storm
Night 4: Aldéric's Hat Trick
Night 5: Under The Weather
Night 6: Aldéric's Last Laugh
Night 7: A Lucky Break
Night 8: Good Guy, Bad Luck
Final Night: Noble Succession