As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA] The Court of King Phallis - Nobles Win

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    !vote B:L for being the most likely to assassinate Gnasty
    LEAST likely. I'm not that stupid to vote for someone whom I'm killing later.

But GIVEN that Adrien (Gnasty) was a Revolutionist after our heads, I'm surprised that you'd want MY head for killing him, if in fact I did.

Well, not really surprised. Anyone can see really that I wouldn't bandwagon Adrien if she was my compatriot. Perhaps you should rethink your claim, Christian (Bale).

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    spaikspaik Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    B:L wrote: »

But GIVEN that Adrien (Gnasty) was a Revolutionist after our heads, I'm surprised that you'd want MY head for killing him, if in fact I did.

Well, not really surprised. Anyone can see really that I wouldn't bandwagon Adrien if she was my compatriot. Perhaps you should rethink your claim, Christian (Bale).

Tybalt has said that there are multiple villians afoot, so nay, you are just are just as possible a culprit, though I do not believe it, myself.

spaik on
  • Options
    Kin33Kin33 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Maybe you should listen to our good friend Tybalt a bit closer. He made it very clear that there are, in fact, at least two factions working against us. You could be in the faction opposite of Gnasty. Yes, killing him helped us, but it seems to me anyone with killing power is really against us.

B:L, to the dungeon with you!

Kin33 on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Kin33 wrote: »

Maybe you should listen to our good friend Tybalt a bit closer. He made it very clear that there are, in fact, at least two factions working against us. You could be in the faction opposite of Gnasty. Yes, killing him helped us, but it seems to me anyone with killing power is really against us.

Perhaps you should listen to me a bit closer.

"LEAST LIKELY". I would not condemn myself by slaying my foe so openly.

I really question Bale's and your motivations for attempting to bandwagon me so immediately. Haste makes waste, as they say.

• Options
    Kin33Kin33 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Perhaps you should listen to me a bit closer.

"LEAST LIKELY". I would not condemn myself by slaying my foe so openly.

I really question Bale's and your motivations for attempting to bandwagon me so immediately. Haste makes waste, as they say.

I think you were banking on that excuse. If you pull it off you make yourself seem completely innocent. A clever attempt mr.assassin but it will not fool me. More pressing matters may be at hand if the investigation results are revealed. We both have a retraction.

Kin33 on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I think you were banking on that excuse. If you pull it off you make yourself seem completely innocent. A clever attempt mr.assassin but it will not fool me. More pressing matters may be at hand if the investigation results are revealed. We both have a retraction.
    You seem dead set on villifying me.

You can picture me planning as many idiotic, implausable ideas as you'd like.

Meanwhile, I'll be over here picturing you and Christian (Balefuego) opening an envelope, with a note from Adrien (Kin33):

"Friends, fellow revolutionaries! If I am to perish tonight, make sure the one known as d'Eon (B:L) does not live another night, for he is my slayer. - Adrien"

That is just as implausable as your idea, isn't it? I do agree that it is fun to dream, but we must keep our heads (hah!) if we are to find the culprits of this mess.

• Options
    TybaltTybalt Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    A friendly reminder to Christian (Balefuego) that he needs to vote every night.

But I see that he has already done so. Good for you.

A forceful and decidedly less-friendly reminder to Marius (Wonder Bread) that you need to vote every night.
    Unlike Balefuego, who at least participated in the thread somewhat, you have not posted at all.
    If I don't see anything from you by tomorrow, you shall be barred from participating in the next several Phallas.

Tybalt on
  • Options
    LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Why such a rush to condemn D'Eon? Certainly, she may be an hitherto undiscovered sort of villain, but so may any of you assembled here. It does seem unlikely, at any rate, that she is a revolutionary. If we are to root out all the villains from our midst, then, D'Eon seems a poor choice.

I urge patience. Who knows what perfidious comments we shall hear on the morrow? There will be time enough to find all those lacking in loyalty to the King.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    oOOOOOoooooOOOOo

Man I always either die right in the beginning or else I live almost to the end. Would have preferred the latter in this Phalla... :)

oooooooooooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOO

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I have on a good word that Alphonse (Buzz Buzz) is an Assassin! Possibly the leader of said group! Off with Alphonse's head!

precisionk on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Tybalt wrote: »
    Oh Jesus Christ.

I suppose it wouldn't be a Phalla if the person running it didn't cock it up somehow.

Turns out someone else was the second-highest bidder. SORRY.

So, the real second-highest bidder gets the investigation results as well, and the third-highest bidder doesn't end up having to pay anything for the results. I suppose everyone wins except for my ego.

Congratulations, you profit off my mistake.

So, do we get to find out who the real second-highest bidder was, or did they luck out into anonymity here?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Since the bidder names are revealed, it seems likely that the idea of the assassins not having money is false, as the narration would constitute an instant-network.

I would suggest that anyone "bidding" to seer tonight focus on the choices of Aldéric (FWD), Lisette (Lignisse), and/or Ambroise (DA).

I tend to dismiss Lisette's claim of being "penniless" as distractive role-banter.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    ((FWD, the narration was edited to reflect the error. You were the highest bidder. DA (Ambroise) was the real second-highest bidder. I was the actual third-highest bidder))

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    I tend to dismiss Lisette's claim of being "penniless" as distractive role-banter.
    Well, I'm not penniless now. Tybalt was nice enough to give me back the large stack of money I had cleverly slipped him.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Lignisse wrote: »
    ((FWD, the narration was edited to reflect the error. You were the highest bidder. DA (Ambroise) was the real second-highest bidder. I was the actual third-highest bidder))

Ah, thanks. I stopped reading when I saw your name again and didn't notice the very next line had the answer.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    You know, I bid a fair amount of coin for some results last night and I wasn't even third place. There must be some very rich nobles out there.

I wonder if those who received the investigation results last night would be willing to share for the greater good.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    I have on a good word that Alphonse (Buzz Buzz) is an Assassin! Possibly the leader of said group! Off with Alphonse's head!
    My goodness, Fauntleroy. You certainly do seem sure of yourself. I love a decisive man. Let it be as you say, then. I too shall !vote Alphonse (Buzz Buzz).

Now, it may be impolitic of me to state this so plainly, but I feel that I must. You do understand, do you not, that if your bold words turn out to be poorly founded, I'll feel no regret in calling for your execution? Speculations, hunches, guesses...in polite society these come with locutions such as "maybe", "perhaps", "seems". Failure to honor these important verbal distinctions is a sign of bad breeding; let us hope that you omitted them for cause.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I've got a fun idea.

DevoutlyApathetic (Ambroise), I'd like to know what you learned last night being one of the top two bidders.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    My goodness, Fauntleroy. You certainly do seem sure of yourself. I love a decisive man. Let it be as you say, then. I too shall !vote Alphonse (Buzz Buzz).

Now, it may be impolitic of me to state this so plainly, but I feel that I must. You do understand, do you not, that if your bold words turn out to be poorly founded, I'll feel no regret in calling for your execution? Speculations, hunches, guesses...in polite society these come with locutions such as "maybe", "perhaps", "seems". Failure to honor these important verbal distinctions is a sign of bad breeding; let us hope that you omitted them for cause.

May I be so bold as to ask what you think is credible about this accusation? I'm not yet ready to share the target of my investigation, but you know as well as I that it was not Monsieur Alphonse.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

May I be so bold as to ask what you think is credible about this accusation? I'm not yet ready to share the target of my investigation, but you know as well as I that it was not Monsieur Alphonse.
    As I attempted to explain, the credibility comes from Fauntleroy's complete lack of reservation. If Alphonse turns out to be innocent, surely Fauntleroy understands that his head is next on the chopping block.

I have heard tales of this Fauntleroy (the Little Lord, as they call him). Based on these tales, it is my working assumption that Fauntleroy has deviously used private conversations to provoke Alphonse into revealing too much. Such deviousness is readily forgiven if undertaken in the King's service.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    As you know doubt noticed, Tybalt assisted Aldéric, Ambroise, and myself last night in an investigation of one of our fellow nobles. Had our target been conspiring against the King, rest assured that we would have named this knave by now.

Our investigation target last night was innocent. And after private discussions among us all (and please remember, we can trust the target, but he/she can't trust us), we have a plan that we have decided to share with this assemblage. We are advising our confirmed innocent to hire a bodyguard for tomorrow night (based on the speed of the assassins, the bodyguard cannot protect against tonight's attacks). In order to help this plan, do not offer more than 300 coins to a bodyguard tonight. Our innocent's financial resources are acceptable but limited. If you have already placed a bodyguard bribe of more than 300 coins, please let me know privately, so that we may adjust if possible.

Clearly, we can't give you the innocent's name, or he/she will die tonight. If the innocent does die, please treat Aldéric, Ambroise, and myself with appropriately heightened suspicion. If the innocent does not die, he will be able to speak tomorrow and request results of the current investigation, with any of us three ready to support his/her words.

Please note also that this will help us resolve the question of the assassins' financial resources. If the bodyguard bribe fails unexpectedly, villains have outbid our innocent.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    At the risk of stating the obvious, Lignisse isn't lying.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    O_o

I haven't been talking with Fauntleroy at all.

I really don't understand precisionk's play here, but I don't much care to have my reputation soiled by some two-bit trickster with delusions of grandeur, so I will !vote Fauntleroy (precisionk).

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    If the innocent does not die, he will be able to speak tomorrow and request results of the current investigation, with any of us three ready to support his/her words.

Assuming all 4 of you aren't assassinated.

Of course, we lost 2 last night, so that would leave 2 alive. Tybalt's inability to bookkeep does balance out for the assassins considering that we don't know if any of the 3 of you are innocent or if, for the sake of fun and tactics... 3 assassins put "all in" and seer'd someone. And if they did, that's a damn fine tactic. :-)

Squashua on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »
    O_o

ah do not see ze implocateion that you aah dewing such tings.

If zere is informacion that you aah one of the assassins that aah troubling zee nobilitie of fronze, ve should akt upon eet! !vote for Alphonse (Buzz Buzz)

If zis informacion does not prove to be somezing of worth, we know who we should kill tomorroe!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Tybalt, a Question - If the target of an investigation is assassinated, does the investigation go to the next person on the list, or does the investigation "go through" and we are given the results of the now-dead target?

Yes, I realize that in most Phallas, if the seer-target is killed, the seer gets the results anyway "whoops.gif".

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    O_o

I have heard tales of this Fauntleroy (the Little Lord, as they call him). Based on these tales, it is my working assumption that Fauntleroy has deviously used private conversations to provoke Alphonse into revealing too much. Such deviousness is readily forgiven if undertaken in the King's service.

Don't see the post a few posts up from yours? Should probably get your vision checked. And that accent too.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited June 2007
    Hah! You ezpect me to trust ze words of a woman? Such ideals ah commonplace among zee Revolusionarie.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

Will you question my motives, then, if I concur with their conclusions after giving the matter much thought? You say that you would never murder Gnasty as it's what we'd expect you to do. You clearly cannot choose the wine in front of you, eh?

Madame D'Eon (B:L), is it not said that poison is a woman's weapon? If it was not by your hand, then I find Adrien's death odd indeed. I wonder if there is anyone who can even fathom what will happen tonight?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    I've got a fun idea.

DevoutlyApathetic (Ambroise), I'd like to know what you learned last night being one of the top two bidders.

I too am curious to hear DA's results.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    tofu wrote: »
    I've got a fun idea.

I too am curious to hear DA's results.
    Perhaps the rules were not clear. There was only one set of results. All three of us learned this same set of results. Ambroise, of course, will not reveal the name of the innocent we investigated, and for the same reasons that I did not.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ah poop

tofu on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    O_o

Don't see the post a few posts up from yours? Should probably get your vision checked. And that accent too.

And now the lies are cascading like a waterfall. Have at ye, ye assassin! The contact has given me their word! If they lie, then they shall be revealed and die!

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    O_o

And now the lies are cascading like a waterfall. Have at ye, ye assassin! The contact has given me their word! If they lie, then they shall be revealed and die!

...What lies? Seriously, what are you talking about? You and I haven't talked about this game at all.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    O_o

...What lies? Seriously, what are you talking about? You and I haven't talked about this game at all.

Yes, you haven't talked to me, but you have talked to others. Others who know your identity! My contact swears it!

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Um...okay...sure.

Yeah, the last conversation I had in PMs was with Ardor, and it was about how much of a shill for you I was being in Ad Astra, which was fun while it lasted. That conversation was yesterday. Other than that, I haven't had any non-Pokemon related discussions lately.

I don't understand what you're doing here at all, precisionk. If I am an assassin, and someone's been talking to me who knows my identity, I already know who that person is, so your non-mentioning of that person's name is...well, pointless.

You're trying to get me bandwagoned, but you're doing a pretty poor job of it...can't even forge a decent case against me. I thought you'd make a better bad guy than this, but it seems like I was mistaken.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Maybe PK's on to something. Maybe I should post our non-court of king phallis conversation and try to condemn Buzz Buzz with it. It might be fun!

So right now we have DA, Lignisse and some innocently seered individual potentially working together. I wonder if we shouldn't consider asking everyone to bid everything they have for a vision tonight to see who ends up getting one. It appears as if the nobles have varying degrees of coins to their name so it serves two main purposes.

1) Who's rich and might be suspect, if somehow dead nobles lose their money to the bad guys
    2) It allows the less fortunate to use their money for something other than looking at it until they die.

On the other hand, we could all name a point person and have everyone submit to them how much money they have and expect a report by the end of today, then ask everyone to bid everything to see the top two, but that might be meta-gamey.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Um...okay...sure.

Yeah, the last conversation I had in PMs was with Ardor, and it was about how much of a shill for you I was being in Ad Astra, which was fun while it lasted. That conversation was yesterday. Other than that, I haven't had any non-Pokemon related discussions lately.

I don't understand what you're doing here at all, precisionk. If I am an assassin, and someone's been talking to me who knows my identity, I already know who that person is, so your non-mentioning of that person's name is...well, pointless.

You're trying to get me bandwagoned, but you're doing a pretty poor job of it...can't even forge a decent case against me. I thought you'd make a better bad guy than this, but it seems like I was mistaken.

Bad guy I am not. Good guy, I indeed am.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Maybe PK's on to something. Maybe I should post our non-court of king phallis conversation and try to condemn Buzz Buzz with it. It might be fun!

So right now we have DA, Lignisse and some innocently seered individual potentially working together. I wonder if we shouldn't consider asking everyone to bid everything they have for a vision tonight to see who ends up getting one. It appears as if the nobles have varying degrees of coins to their name so it serves two main purposes.

1) Who's rich and might be suspect, if somehow dead nobles lose their money to the bad guys
    2) It allows the less fortunate to use their money for something other than looking at it until they die.

On the other hand, we could all name a point person and have everyone submit to them how much money they have and expect a report by the end of today, then ask everyone to bid everything to see the top two, but that might be meta-gamey.

This smells like assassin talk to me. Perhaps you are indeed the assassin then? Matter of fact, you are highly due for a bad guy role. This makes sense to me. You always state, you are always the good guy. You haven't had a bad guy role since....well I don't know. Perhaps you are just trying to out Buzz Buzz, to start a bandwagon? Hmmm..

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

This smells like assassin talk to me. Perhaps you are indeed the assassin then? Matter of fact, you are highly due for a bad guy role. This makes sense to me. You always state, you are always the good guy. You haven't had a bad guy role since....well I don't know. Perhaps you are just trying to out Buzz Buzz, to start a bandwagon? Hmmm..

Typically, the bandwagon starts when someone votes for said person. I think I'm the only one voting for DA right now. Throwing about suspicions has never been your usual actions PK, you typically pick a person and demolish them.

It's true, I should be due for a bad guy role, but that doesn't mean I have a better chance than anyone else of being a bad guy in this particular game.

Ardor on