As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Warriors: L2Tank Here

1235774

Posts

  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    You have to run out and intercept back in. You have to get well outside that little circle to avoid it, but murmur's hitbox is so huge that you don't have to run too far.

    However, if you keyboard turn, you fail

    Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • mfc144mfc144 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Little Jim wrote: »
    You have to run out and intercept back in. You have to get well outside that little circle to avoid it, but murmur's hitbox is so huge that you don't have to run too far.

    However, if you keyboard turn, you fail

    I usually tank him with the camera turned around so I am looking behind me. Then when i see his cast bar start up with the sonic boom, i just hold the left + right mouse keys, which makes me instantly change direction and run straight out, as I am running I hit berserker stance, turn when I'm far enough out, wait a second or two for the boom, and intercept back in, hit def. stance during the charge and you're back to tank land. Works every time.
    The only bitch of it is, with the camera swung around, you are pretty much "inside" of murmur, so you can't see shit unless you zoom way in, and even zoomed in, all you can see if yourself.

    I have also heard of people using Intervene to zip out of the circle really quickly. Target someone ranged and intervene. Never tried it though. You could probably set up a nice focus intervene macro, as long as your focus didn't die you'd be set.

    mfc144 on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Little Jim wrote: »
    However, if you keyboard turn, you fail

    I think that's a universal rule that applies to everything.

    Wavechaser on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Also, have fun when you try it in heroic shadow lab. I've not done that, but I know that the fight changes, so that the entire party has to stay close to Murmur and run out for the sonic boom. We had a guild run where the casters and ranged weren't used to this, and caused a wipe several times. I think it was the healer, because he would have a player targeted, so he didn't see the cast time start soon enough.

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Admiral AmbiguousAdmiral Ambiguous Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Little Jim wrote: »
    You have to get well outside that little circle to avoid it

    I guess that's my question, then. How far is "well outside"? Can I simply go beyond his little dias there, or do I have go out of the bounds of the circular room? Put another way, can melee dps simply back to the wall behind him or is that not far enough either?

    Admiral Ambiguous on
  • a penguina penguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I've seen ranged DPS stand there and be good, so that should be ok.

    A few steps beyond the circle is good enough. Usually when I do that fight, I DPS while standing on the "lip" of the circle. When a Sonic Boom is-a-comin, I waddle backwards for about 5 steps and I'm good. Five Gnome steps.

    Yes, I know they're the same.

    a penguin on
    This space eventually to be filled with excitement
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So after being "hard to heal," because I "eat up too much mana," I've decided not to wait for 70 5-man blues and invested in the Felsteel set an hour or two after dinging 70. I feel like that was my only problem, really -- I was keeping aggro fine for the duration of the Steamvaults run I went on right after I dinged yesterday [again going with my Sunderless strategy]; I wasn't too familiar with the fights from a tank perspective [not knowing to keep the first Naga caster boss with the hurricanes moving at all times, tanking Kalithresh at an angle where it was easy for my DPS to retarget one of his tanks, etc.], but that's easily remedied.

    Sitting at 487 Defense right now, with basically nothing but greens + the Felsteel set, so there's definitely only up to go from here.

    EDIT: I've been wondering just how crucial Cruelty is for tanking. Before I get berated: yes, I know crits help a tank with aggro, no doubt there. But is it worth losing, say, 5 points in 1H spec, for a flat +10% white/Heroic Strike damage?

    My spec on Ham isn't really my finalized Prot spec, or anything, but I do think it'd suffice for vanilla 5-mans and Heroics [things like Imp. Revenge, Imp. Shield Bash and Imp. Thunder Clap especially]. I wanna try to trim the fat in the Prot tree, and try to get 1H Spec and/or Imp. Def Stance, but I can't afford to lose 20 Defense, and I really like Imp. Shield Bash.

    Are Imp. Def Stance or 1H Spec even really worth the trouble? I know Imp. Def Stance is supposed to be godly for raiding tanks... but I can't seem to get anywhere within 50ft. of a gorram raid instance, on any character. And is 10% more white damage more than I'm making it out to be?

    Hamurabi on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I posted a guide to pre-raiding gear in the warrior subforum of the paa guild website, look there Ham. Points in Cruelty are the first 5 points of most tanking specs, so those are definate takers. I'll look at your spec after work, if you want. (Armory and wowhead are blocked at work). The basic prot tank spec is 8/5/48.

    silence1186 on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ham, I would go with something similar to this:

    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LhZVZbEtoI0z0est

    Basically, you have 9 points left to do what you want with them. I would pick up deflection and imp. Thunderclap. With those, you'd still have one point to put wherever. Go nuts!

    For PvE, I wouldn't take imp. shield bash. Imp. shield wall is not worth the points, in my opinion. It's a 30 minute ability, and the base duration should be long enough to get you out of trouble. Imp. revenge is not worth it. A stunned mob isn't hitting you, and a random stun proc would make them harder to move around. On top of that, a lot of raid/heroic mobs are stun immune, so it equates to wasted points in the higher-end stuff. I'm not big on shield mastery, but if you get your jollies from shield block, that's your thing. I would take imp defensive stance, because a lot of damage will be magic based, and chances are you'll have extremely low resistances in your everyday tanking gear. 6% may not seem like a lot, but it adds up.

    That's pretty much all I can think of.

    KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shield Mastery makes your Shield Slams scale better, which is the best way to improve TPS.

    Imp Shield Wall is eh, but there ARE times when 5 extra seconds of a tank living can make the difference.

    Agreed on Imp Shield Bash, the only person I know who took it used it to PvP effecively as Prot with a holydin in 2v2 (~2100 rating, I think).

    For regular 5 mans, Imp revenge is nice. It doesn't work as much the higher you go, as Krunk said.

    silence1186 on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, that's true. Shield mastery would help with SS, thereby increasing threat. Really, not a bad talent at all. And if you have loads of block value, it makes it even more tempting.

    KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • KotenkKotenk Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Note: there are some abilities where the bonus threat is affected by damage:

    See: Searing Pain, Thunder Clap.

    Kotenk on
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Could someone, who is cool, give me the quick list of desirable tanking enchants. Not weapon or anything, but where can I slam on stamina, defense, etc.

    Browsing wowhead's enchanting database for that purpose is kinda... muddled.

    Thanks!

    Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just put on.....stamina.

    Stamina on the bracers (+12), chest (150HP, semantics, boo hoo), boots (+12) and shield (+18). You can get leatherworking "enchants" for your legs and gloves too I think. Last of all, there are the rep enchants for your head (Caverns of Time, revered) and shoulders (Aldor/Scryer, at least honoured).

    If you happen to actually be an enchanter, there are also those ring enchants.

    Coconut Monkey on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think a +block % enchant for the shield is more useful than 18 stamina in the long run, for serious tanking. Other than that I don't disagree with your selected enchants.

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Block % would be more useful in the short run (until you become uncrushable) than the long run (where health reigns supreme), wouldn't it?

    Anyway, thanks. I thought there was more I could do, but I guess not.

    Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Block% is a worthless enchant in my opinion. Any warrior with talents in anticipation/imp block/deflection is going to be crush immune with shield block up.

    While +12 stamina is a good enchant for boots, I'd highly reccomend Boar's Speed (runspeed + 9 stam). For any fight with any sort of movement, run speed is by far the enchant to go for.

    zerg rush on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Kainy wrote: »
    Block % would be more useful in the short run (until you become uncrushable) than the long run (where health reigns supreme), wouldn't it?

    Anyway, thanks. I thought there was more I could do, but I guess not.

    Actually, I think any warrior with 490 defense and 5 points in Deflection is easily uncrushable with shield block up before adding in anything else, and many warriors who don't meet those criteria often are uncrushable with Shield Block up anyways. Warriors gain almost no benefit from extra block percentage, stacking block rating is the exclusive realm of Paladins (who need to work much harder than warriors to become uncrushable).

    Pretty much the way to go with enchanting your stuff for tanking is to just throw stamina on everything, as long as you still keep at or above 490 defense. Stam gems, stam enchants, stam armor patches, just keep piling it on wherever and however you can.

    Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Head -> KoT Glyph
    Shoulders -> Aldor/Scryer rep enchant
    Cloak -> 12 dodge rating/12 agility/150 Armor
    Chest -> 150 Health/6 Stats/8 Stam
    Bracers -> 12 Stam/12 Defense
    Gloves -> 15 agi/2% Threat inrease/8 Stam
    Pants -> Nethercleft armor kit/Clefthide armor kit/8 Stam
    Boots -> 12 stam/9 stam + run speed/12 agi/9 agi + run speed/8 Stam
    Rings -> Enchanters only (+4 stats, I think)
    Weapon -> Mongoose/20 Agi/20 Str
    Shield -> +18 Stam/+ Block value/+ Block rating
    Ranged -> You could put a scope, but they're expensive and don't help much at all.

    That's everything I could think of. Stam is the best stat to stack, generally.

    Don't get a block % enchant. If you have 490 Defense and 5 points in either Deflection or Shield Specialization, you are uncrushable with shield block up, I believe.

    silence1186 on
  • duberduber Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Charus wrote: »
    Kainy wrote: »
    Block % would be more useful in the short run (until you become uncrushable) than the long run (where health reigns supreme), wouldn't it?

    Anyway, thanks. I thought there was more I could do, but I guess not.

    Actually, I think any warrior with 490 defense and 5 points in Deflection is easily uncrushable with shield block up before adding in anything else, and many warriors who don't meet those criteria often are uncrushable with Shield Block up anyways. Warriors gain almost no benefit from extra block percentage, stacking block rating is the exclusive realm of Paladins (who need to work much harder than warriors to become uncrushable).

    Pretty much the way to go with enchanting your stuff for tanking is to just throw stamina on everything, as long as you still keep at or above 490 defense. Stam gems, stam enchants, stam armor patches, just keep piling it on wherever and however you can.

    Long time lurker, first time poster here as block is a subject near and dear to my heart ;-)

    Note that there is a difference between Block Value http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27944#00z and Block Rating http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27946#00zc and there are enchants for each.

    I'm a big fan of block value.

    For more information, see Satrina's guide to Blocking:

    http://evilempireguild.org/guides/block.php

    duber on
  • grumthorngrumthorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Head -> KoT Glyph
    Shoulders -> Aldor/Scryer rep enchant
    Cloak -> 12 dodge rating/12 agility/150 Armor
    Chest -> 150 Health/6 Stats/8 Stam
    Bracers -> 12 Stam/12 Defense
    Gloves -> 15 agi/2% Threat inrease/8 Stam
    Pants -> Nethercleft armor kit/Clefthide armor kit/8 Stam
    Boots -> 12 stam/9 stam + run speed/12 agi/9 agi + run speed/8 Stam
    Rings -> Enchanters only (+4 stats, I think)
    Weapon -> Mongoose/20 Agi/20 Str
    Shield -> +18 Stam/+ Block value/+ Block rating
    Ranged -> You could put a scope, but they're expensive and don't help much at all.

    That's everything I could think of. Stam is the best stat to stack, generally.

    Don't get a block % enchant. If you have 490 Defense and 5 points in either Deflection or Shield Specialization, you are uncrushable with shield block up, I believe.

    I'd put +2% threat above agi on gloves and 9 stam + runspeed above 12 stam on boots but otherwise I'm in agreement with you.

    grumthorn on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think he was just showing what tanking enchants can go on each slot, not which one is better.

    Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hmm, while I didn't intend to order enchants from best to worst, I think I may have done just that, subconsciously.

    silence1186 on
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well I don't have 490 defense OR shield spec. I'm a fury warrior offtanking, which is why my enchants so far have been focused on, well, killing harder.

    Thanks for your help guyses.

    Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Kainy wrote: »
    Well I don't have 490 defense OR shield spec. I'm a fury warrior offtanking, which is why my enchants so far have been focused on, well, killing harder.

    Thanks for your help guyses.

    But....but...you MUST be prot specced to tank! Everyone knows that...

    :roll:

    Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, you don't need to be prot specced to tank, but 475 Defense is very important for preventing crits from level 70 mobs. If you tank anything higher, you need 5 more Defense per level the mob has over you. Shield spec is good since it lets you get Imp Shield Block, which is necessary for tanking raid bosses.

    silence1186 on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    so my orcior is getting leveling again, and I'm thinking about something like this for a level 70 build? Keep in mind that I mostly stay away from pvp, and just do questing/instances. Thoughts?

    Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Little Jim wrote: »
    so my orcior is getting leveling again, and I'm thinking about something like this for a level 70 build? Keep in mind that I mostly stay away from pvp, and just do questing/instances. Thoughts?

    You really should put in Rampage and Imp Execute. Rampage is a pain in the ass to keep up, but well worth the gains -- and imp execute is simply key for any instance DPSing.

    Finally, it'd be nice to fit Tactical mastery in there. Deflection would be good too for soloing/5-man tanking, but can be hard to fit.

    Something like this would be worth considering. I'm not sure on the numbers, but you could completely dump toughness for deflection -- which one provides more effective health through mitigation or avoidance would depend on your armor. In fury you miss out on 10% offhand damage and 2% ap in zerker -- I feel both are relatively safe tradeoffs for a super easy to spam execute and the 230-270 AP from rampage (dependent on how good you are at keeping it up and stacked at all times)

    Dehumanized on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was skimming the warrior forums and glanced at a thread that had people trying to come up with a new 41 point talent. Pretty much all of them were very unrealistic, but one enlightened person brought up an interesting point. If Blizzard were to make an improved 41 point arms talent, how powerful would it have to be in order to get people to give up deathwish, enrage, and imp intercept? The truth is, you can't. Not unless you nerfed the fury tree further.

    Another mind suggested moving enrage to the arms tree, which may not be that bad of an idea when if comes to fury raid dps. We don't exactly get crit all that often. However, it would interfere with fury tanking and fury PvE solo shit.

    Just food for though, I seriously doubt Blizzard will do it.

    Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Little Jim wrote: »
    so my orcior is getting leveling again, and I'm thinking about something like this for a level 70 build? Keep in mind that I mostly stay away from pvp, and just do questing/instances. Thoughts?

    You really should put in Rampage and Imp Execute. Rampage is a pain in the ass to keep up, but well worth the gains -- and imp execute is simply key for any instance DPSing.

    Finally, it'd be nice to fit Tactical mastery in there. Deflection would be good too for soloing/5-man tanking, but can be hard to fit.

    Something like this would be worth considering. I'm not sure on the numbers, but you could completely dump toughness for deflection -- which one provides more effective health through mitigation or avoidance would depend on your armor. In fury you miss out on 10% offhand damage and 2% ap in zerker -- I feel both are relatively safe tradeoffs for a super easy to spam execute and the 230-270 AP from rampage (dependent on how good you are at keeping it up and stacked at all times)

    hrmmm, I will meditate on this

    also: is it worth respeccing back to arms at 30 for the WW weapon? Or can I just 2h fury it for lack of respeccing justice?

    Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, you don't need to be prot specced to tank, but 475 Defense is very important for preventing crits from level 70 mobs. If you tank anything higher, you need 5 more Defense per level the mob has over you. Shield spec is good since it lets you get Imp Shield Block, which is necessary for tanking raid bosses.

    Well, yeah, more like... 445 defense and tanking 72s.

    I just eat the crits with my massive Tauren manchest.

    The crushes, though, them's been causin wipes.

    Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shield block up = no crushes. An extra charge is wonderful.

    silence1186 on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh man, I just respecced my Arms warrior to full prot to bring him down the home stretch on his Kara attunement (which I got, despite a 1% wipe on Aeonus the first time through Black Morass). And holy crap is tanking so much easier when you're actually specced for it.

    Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    A) So Vicks [silent] is telling me I don't really need Shield Block up on vanilla instance trash? Is he just lying to give me and my healers grief? I will say, though, that it does eat up a deal of rage, and since I'm not doing Heroics or raids, and am sitting at 497 Defense, I don't get hit nearly as often as I used to, and so am not sitting on as much rage as I had when I first started seriously tanking.

    I gave Charge > Slam Slam > Sunder/Revenge a shot, and I was surprised that, even without the high upfront aggro I got just spamming Shield Slam, Shield Block and Revenge... I actually had aggro long enough to get 2-3 Sunders up, and commence the Devastate spam. And I Block [and in turn, Dodge/Parry less], so I take more damage and have more rage.

    B) I respecced my warrior to 0/56/5 for a bit when I was invited to a normal Botanica run. I've been holding onto some of the better plate with +hit on it that I could find on the way to 70, and I felt like I finally had a good enough setup to try DW Fury at 70.

    I was doing half the damage of a relatively geared mage, one-third of an AoE tankin' pally's [which is understandable, I guess], and less than a 70 blues-wearing warlock. I was pretty disappointed.

    Apparently 1933 self-buffed AP and 20% crit [yeah, I know...] isn't as solid as I thought it was. Well that, and I'm using two level 64 weapons...

    Hamurabi on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Vanilla instance trash is snot 3 levels higher than you, so it won't be crushing you, so you don't need to keep shield block up all the time.

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Again, stuck at work, so no linking builds, but a 17/44 is a good PvE damage build. Look up Gruim, of Dark Iron.

    silence1186 on
  • CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    A) So Vicks [silent] is telling me I don't really need Shield Block up on vanilla instance trash? Is he just lying to give me and my healers grief? I will say, though, that it does eat up a deal of rage, and since I'm not doing Heroics or raids, and am sitting at 497 Defense, I don't get hit nearly as often as I used to, and so am not sitting on as much rage as I had when I first started seriously tanking.

    I gave Charge > Slam Slam > Sunder/Revenge a shot, and I was surprised that, even without the high upfront aggro I got just spamming Shield Slam, Shield Block and Revenge... I actually had aggro long enough to get 2-3 Sunders up, and commence the Devastate spam. And I Block [and in turn, Dodge/Parry less], so I take more damage and have more rage.

    B) I respecced my warrior to 0/56/5 for a bit when I was invited to a normal Botanica run. I've been holding onto some of the better plate with +hit on it that I could find on the way to 70, and I felt like I finally had a good enough setup to try DW Fury at 70.

    I was doing half the damage of a relatively geared mage, one-third of an AoE tankin' pally's [which is understandable, I guess], and less than a 70 blues-wearing warlock. I was pretty disappointed.

    Apparently 1933 self-buffed AP and 20% crit [yeah, I know...] isn't as solid as I thought it was. Well that, and I'm using two level 64 weapons...

    Yeah, shield block is definitely not something you need to keep up all the time against non-heroic trash. Most non-boss mobs in a non-heroic instance are incapable of crushing you, so it's strictly a skill to use when rage allows it and you want to make sure that Revenge is going to be up. I found it was actually harder to keep onto aggro if I always kept it up, most trash had trouble hitting me or wouldn't hit me very hard when they did, so rage was at a premium.

    Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Charus wrote: »
    Hamurabi wrote: »
    A) So Vicks [silent] is telling me I don't really need Shield Block up on vanilla instance trash? Is he just lying to give me and my healers grief? I will say, though, that it does eat up a deal of rage, and since I'm not doing Heroics or raids, and am sitting at 497 Defense, I don't get hit nearly as often as I used to, and so am not sitting on as much rage as I had when I first started seriously tanking.

    I gave Charge > Slam Slam > Sunder/Revenge a shot, and I was surprised that, even without the high upfront aggro I got just spamming Shield Slam, Shield Block and Revenge... I actually had aggro long enough to get 2-3 Sunders up, and commence the Devastate spam. And I Block [and in turn, Dodge/Parry less], so I take more damage and have more rage.

    B) I respecced my warrior to 0/56/5 for a bit when I was invited to a normal Botanica run. I've been holding onto some of the better plate with +hit on it that I could find on the way to 70, and I felt like I finally had a good enough setup to try DW Fury at 70.

    I was doing half the damage of a relatively geared mage, one-third of an AoE tankin' pally's [which is understandable, I guess], and less than a 70 blues-wearing warlock. I was pretty disappointed.

    Apparently 1933 self-buffed AP and 20% crit [yeah, I know...] isn't as solid as I thought it was. Well that, and I'm using two level 64 weapons...

    Yeah, shield block is definitely not something you need to keep up all the time against non-heroic trash. Most non-boss mobs in a non-heroic instance are incapable of crushing you, so it's strictly a skill to use when rage allows it and you want to make sure that Revenge is going to be up. I found it was actually harder to keep onto aggro if I always kept it up, most trash had trouble hitting me or wouldn't hit me very hard when they did, so rage was at a premium.

    That was exactly my problem.

    I jokingly said at one point that the Malicious Instructors in Shadow Labs [the four-armed Shibas] must have 2x the DW hit penalty, because they just never hit me.

    Hamurabi on
  • mirarantmirarant Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hamurabi wrote: »

    B) I respecced my warrior to 0/56/5 for a bit when I was invited to a normal Botanica run. I've been holding onto some of the better plate with +hit on it that I could find on the way to 70, and I felt like I finally had a good enough setup to try DW Fury at 70.

    I was doing half the damage of a relatively geared mage, one-third of an AoE tankin' pally's [which is understandable, I guess], and less than a 70 blues-wearing warlock. I was pretty disappointed.

    Apparently 1933 self-buffed AP and 20% crit [yeah, I know...] isn't as solid as I thought it was. Well that, and I'm using two level 64 weapons...


    Don't feel too bad about this. Fury itemisation begins in SSC/TK in earnest and the way fury works (high single target damage) is not friendly for running 5-mans/Kara where the trash drops dead pretty quick and aoeing is frequent.


    EDIT: Yeeeah.. about tanking, um stack stamina since you can never have enough.

    mirarant on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, one suggestion would be to switch out a couple of pieces of tank gear with dps gear.

    Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
This discussion has been closed.