Options

The Animated gif thread (NSF56K jerks)

145791024

Posts

  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    That's like asking what the difference is between the movie Mission: Impossible 2 and the show Firefly. One is action for the sake of action, a linear and formulaic progression of events that just happens to be also using Cowboy Bebop as a novelty. The other is an active world of three-dimensional characters reacting to circumstances, developing and evolving. Nothing happens just because the writers want it to happen; things happen because the characters are designed so well that it feels like they're choosing their own paths. The depth given to that series' continuing story arcs is remarkable.

    Larlar on
  • Options
    Raziel_pmRaziel_pm Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Getting this thread back on the rails...

    11272519983379qo.gifbanana25db.gifimage8pv.giftifaslidekick21kp.gif

    1f3cbc040e0b72c218d2b7a13c6e4a59.gifaa01b783eaa2d549d3b425edfccc8b0c.gifLicense20to20Print20Money.gif1185.gif

    agon.gifdark.gifmino_really_lovesarnold_ava.gif3c3ab6dd.gifzangeif0rk6ei.gifzang.gifalizee5.gifshake_alizee_2.gif

    copyof11265475716957uz.gifdeception.gifdrift.gif1083572939271___1089177031agi__e65a.gifbarelroll.giffrogger.gifhax0r.gif

    iorijedi.gifsboobies8pu.gifpsprev6me.gifkongbarrel.gifguiro.gifzergrush1.gifshoepost.gifuntitled220ff.gif

    stopposting9su.gifsouthparkcameradad1jo.gifsing.gifheymike.giflohan2.gifmatrix_big.gif

    Raziel_pm on
    Your sig was too large. Maximum sig size is 500x80. - Jacobkosh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I enjoy the matrix origami. Thats about it.

    Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It just looks like someone saved every .gif from YTMND.

    The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    AHH!AHH! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    was one posted twice in there?

    AHH! on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Does anyone have that gif of various anime girls with the same face but different hair colours and such?

    Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Larlar wrote: »
    That's like asking what the difference is between the movie Mission: Impossible 2 and the show Firefly. One is action for the sake of action, a linear and formulaic progression of events that just happens to be also using Cowboy Bebop as a novelty. The other is an active world of three-dimensional characters reacting to circumstances, developing and evolving. Nothing happens just because the writers want it to happen; things happen because the characters are designed so well that it feels like they're choosing their own paths. The depth given to that series' continuing story arcs is remarkable.

    I must have been watching a different show. The Bebop I watched had almost no continuity at all and an ending so retarded I still facepalm when I think about it years later.

    Spoilered for the one guy out there who hasn't seen Bebop.
    Hmmm. I'm 30 some odd feet from Vicious. He's got a sword and I've got a gun. How should I handle this? GEE. I KNOW. I'LL RUN AT HIM FULL SPEED. I SURE HOPE I DON'T GETS STABBED LOLOLOLO!

    I would have liked the ending more if he'd just shot Vicious from where he was and turned the gun on himself.

    Sliver on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sliver wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    That's like asking what the difference is between the movie Mission: Impossible 2 and the show Firefly. One is action for the sake of action, a linear and formulaic progression of events that just happens to be also using Cowboy Bebop as a novelty. The other is an active world of three-dimensional characters reacting to circumstances, developing and evolving. Nothing happens just because the writers want it to happen; things happen because the characters are designed so well that it feels like they're choosing their own paths. The depth given to that series' continuing story arcs is remarkable.

    I must have been watching a different show. The Bebop I watched had almost no continuity at all and an ending so retarded I still facepalm when I think about it years later.

    Spoilered for the one guy out there who hasn't seen Bebop.
    Hmmm. I'm 30 some odd feet from Vicious. He's got a sword and I've got a gun. How should I handle this? GEE. I KNOW. I'LL RUN AT HIM FULL SPEED. I SURE HOPE I DON'T GETS STABBED LOLOLOLO!

    I would have liked the ending more if he'd just shot Vicious from where he was and turned the gun on himself.

    so, you're retarded yes?

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Compared to who? The people that wrote Bebop?

    Sliver on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    your opinion is bad and you should feel bad

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    oh pippy

    tyrannus on
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    your opinion is bad and you should feel bad

    Why? Explain to me the fabulousness of Bebop's ending that I seem to be overlooking.

    Sliver on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sliver wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    your opinion is bad and you should feel bad

    Why? Explain to me the fabulousness of Bebop's ending that I seem to be overlooking.

    because it was part of the continuity and predicted by several characters throughout the story

    and it also made the point that you cannot escape your destiny and that your future is directly tied to your past


    seriously, how the hell did you not see continuity?

    like, half the stories deal with spikes past and maybe a quarter more deal with the other characters past in some way

    theres maybe 4-5 episodes that are just episodes, and even then the characters still develop

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I saw the point clear as day. I didn't miss it. doesn't change the fact that they could have made that point any number of ways without spike walking up to vicious and getting his ass stabbed like a tard.

    Edit: And I never said the characters weren't developed. I said the show didn't have (much) continuity. There's a difference.

    Sliver on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    so cowboy bebop was bad

    tyrannus on
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Didn't say that either. Good show. Shit ending.

    Sliver on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Uhh, I don't think "coming out alive" was very high up on spike's list of priorities.

    Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I thought it'd be you and bongi arguing about how tasty dongs actually are.

    PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I agree. Bebop had many good things. Story arcs was not one of them. And there were plenty of things the characters did just because the writers wanted them to.
    Like running up to vicious and dying a stabbity death

    edit: It doesn't matter how much spiked wanted to die. Like any reasonable human being, he would have kept his distance if for no other reason than to make sure vicious died first.

    Sliver on
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This is the gayest argument

    Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    People keep saying that, and yet I have yet to see one person say," No it's perfectly reasonable for Spike to run straight at vicious giving up his only tactical advantage because x y z."

    Sliver on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    IT'S A FUCKING CARTOON, PEOPLE

    No, it's more than that. It's an active world of three-dimensional characters reacting to circumstances, developing and evolving...

    Sliver on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You're a cartoon

    Green on
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    All joking aside I'd like to think it has a bit more artistic merit than "just a cartoon".

    Sliver on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    hey guys i heard it's not actually a cartoon

    tyrannus on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    yeah well you smell like ham

    so there

    TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    102710.gif

    tyrannus on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    It's superior japanimation.

    PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Actually, now that I think about it, running straight at Vicious was kind of dumb.

    It doesn't change how masterful the ending ultimately was, but it was poor tactical thinking.

    On the other hand, maybe it was supposed to be poor tactical thinking. Maybe Spike wanted to die just that much.

    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's called going out with a bang.

    Javen on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    booooo

    get off the stage

    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    SliverSliver Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Harrier wrote: »
    Actually, now that I think about it, running straight at Vicious was kind of dumb.

    It doesn't change how masterful the ending ultimately was, but it was poor tactical thinking.

    On the other hand, maybe it was supposed to be poor tactical thinking. Maybe Spike wanted to die just that much.
    Because as much has he wanted vicious dead. He wanted vicious to stab him in the gut that much more.

    edit: there were a million ways they could have killed spike. There were a million ways they could have had vicious stab him for christs sake. They deliberately chose the more retarded way possible.

    Sliver on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    So does anyone know where the gif that featured a group of anime girls with the same face but different hairstyles came from?

    Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sliver wrote: »
    Harrier wrote: »
    Actually, now that I think about it, running straight at Vicious was kind of dumb.

    It doesn't change how masterful the ending ultimately was, but it was poor tactical thinking.

    On the other hand, maybe it was supposed to be poor tactical thinking. Maybe Spike wanted to die just that much.
    Because as much has he wanted vicious dead. He wanted vicious to stab him in the gut that much more.

    edit: there were a million ways they could have killed spike. There were a million ways they could have had vicious stab him for christs sake. They deliberately chose the more retarded way possible.

    The way I remember it was
    Spike threw a grenade into the room causing an explosion.
    He then ran at Vicious thinking that he was dazed from the blast.
    Turns out he was wrong.
    Spike wasn't the kind of guy to just shoot at his enemies.
    At any opportunity he would engaged his enemies in hand to hand combat.

    Zombot on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Actually, what was ultimately most retarded about the whole goddamn business was the fact that Vicious had a sword in the first place.

    Sure, Spike was crazy awesome at martial arts, but knowing how to fight with your body is essential in any situation. But man, a sword doesn't seem like the smartest of choices if you're in the business of facing down guys with multiple automatic firearms.

    And I actually like swords.

    Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
Sign In or Register to comment.