Options

flight of the gaychords

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    that was some penis

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Haha yeah.

I couldn't quite make it out but I have to wait until tomorrow to get it on onDemand and freeze-frame it.

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    John from Cincinnati sure is a great show, don't you think?

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Haha dyna.

Okay, here's some of John's "Cookout Speech," not necessarily in any particular order because the wiki on it kind of sucks.

The line and circle are big. On the wall, the line and circle are huge.
    On the wall, the man at the wall makes a man from the circle and line.
    The man at the wall makes a Word on the wall from the circle and line. The Word on the wall hears my Father.

If my words are yours, can you hear my Father?
    Can Bill know my Father, keeping his eye on me?
    Can I bone Kai, and Butchie know my Father instead?

Mitch catches a good wave. Mitch wipes out.
    Mitch wipes out Cissy.
    Cissy shows Butchie how to do that. Cissy wipes Butchie out.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh shit, here's a better version. I'd edit above post, but, well. Damn I really dig this show. If you people aren't watching it, you should be.
    If my words are yours, can you hear my father?
    Can Bill know my father keeping his eye on me?
    Can I bone Kai and Butchie know my father instead?

My father’s shy doing his business.
    Kai helps my father dump out.

Bill takes a shot; Shaunie is much improved.

Joe is a doubting Thomas. Joe will save not Aliman. Joe will bring his buddies home.

This is how Freddy relaxes: cup o’ joe and Winchell’s variety dozen.

Mitch catches a good wave. Mitch wipes out. Mitch wipes out Cissy.
    Cissy shows Butchie how to do that. Cissy wipes Butchie out.
    Butchie hurts Barry’s head.
    Mr. Rollins comes in Barry’s face.

My father runs the mega-millions.

Mud is big. Fur is big. The stick is big. The word is big.
    Fire is huge. The wheel is huge.
    The line and circle are big.
    On the wall the line and circle are huge.

On the wall the man at the wall makes a man from the circle and line.
    The man at the wall makes a word on the wall from the circle and line.
    The word on the wall hears my father.
    The zeroes and ones make the word in Cass’s camera.

In the word on the wall that hears my father and Cass’s camera the good one Mitch catches doesn’t wipe Cissy out.
    In the word that hears my father, Cissy shows Butchie something else.
    In my father’s word, Cissy shows Butchie and Shaun.
    In my father’s word, Tina raises Shaun at lunch.

In Cass’s camera. Butchie lays the court out for Barry and Mr. Rollins watches and doesn’t come on Barry’s face.
    In Cass’s camera, Butchie knows Kai has kept the faith.
    In my father’s word, the wave lifts them up.
    (John then draws a stick figure in the dirt with his shoe, using a circle and 3 lines).

In Cass’s camera, Bill doesn’t bump his head on the stairs.
    In Cass’s camera, as long as he’s being stupid, Bill gives Lois a kiss.
    In his word in Cass’s camera, the internet is big.
    9/11 is big, but not every towel head is eradicated.
    In his word, we are coming 9/11/14.
    In my father’s word, Bill sees how Freddy relaxes.

In Cass’s camera, Ramon wants to know who’s hungry in the courtyard and room 45.
    In my father’s word in Cass’s camera to come, Doctor Smith calls Ocean Properties.
    In my father’s word in Cass’s camera to come, my father stares not Aliman down and Freddy sees Bill much improved.

You will not note my father’s word, nor remember Cass’s camera.
    But you will not forget what we did here.

most of that stuff can at least be related to something in the show, but some things are very "buh?"

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hmm, I may have to spend saturday just watching episodes on onDemand. I was put off, because man, stupid plots, but everyone seems to be positive about it.

Flight of The Conchords though I love completely. Much better with the more recent episode. The first few was kinda ehh, but glad I stuck with it.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just finished watching Six Feet Under last night. It is now officially my favourite show ever.

That last episode was just amazing. I haven't cried like that for quite a while.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »

naporeon on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    Discuss.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    Discuss.
    One of the reasons I love your posts so much, Dyna, is that I'm never entirely sure when you're being serious.

naporeon on
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    There's a bunch of sexy new shows coming on the premium cable channels.

Californication, and Tell me you love me. there was a story linked to on digg about Hbo's Tell me you love me that said that it ends with a lady masturbating a guy and it shows everything. THere's also 60+ year old nudity. So if your into wang rubbing and 60+ furry silver panties, then you should check that out.

SkankPlaya on
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2007
    Has anyone mentioned that Dexter is a Showtime program and not on HBO at all?

Otherwise, that last episode of John from Cincinnati was Twin Peaks levels of weird wasn't it?

denihilist on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Is one of them the one with David Duchovny banging like 10 different women an episode? Because i'm so watching that. Glad to see him going back to his Red Shoe Diaries roots.

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    denihilist wrote: »

Otherwise, that last episode of John from Cincinnati was Twin Peaks levels of weird wasn't it?
    Yeah, that was mentioned long ago or in a previous thread like this, one or the other.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Yeah, the thread title used to say something about Showtime shows, but I took it out for simplicity's sake.

Also, yeah, Twin Peaks is exactly what I was thinking. Zombie pedophile and spiral staircase out in the middle of the barbecue.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    the David Duchovny show is Californication.

I love John From Cincinnati, becuase I really liked the group from Deadwood. Trixie was even in the last episode, and she almost showed some boob. I mostly like the way people talk to themselves and how completely absurd John is. It was hard keeping up with the last episode because it was almost chaotic when all the different character got thrown together in the Motel lot. I don't like the kid who plays Shawn (Sean?), is it too much to ask for them to get a decent teen actor who can surf and skate well?

SkankPlaya on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah I didn't get that. The pedophile thing. I thought that Butchie stuck a broom up his ass or something, was that after the guy touched him in the room?

Also, crazy revelation about Sissy and why she pushed Butchie away.

denihilist on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    SkankPlaya wrote: »

I love John From Cincinnati, becuase I really liked the group from Deadwood. Trixie was even in the last episode, and she almost showed some boob. I mostly like the way people talk to themselves and how completely absurd John is. It was hard keeping up with the last episode because it was almost chaotic when all the different character got thrown together in the Motel lot. I don't like the kid who plays Shawn (Sean?), is it too much to ask for them to get a decent teen actor who can surf and skate well?
    Well acting, surfing and skating are all skills that you have to practice a lot so...

denihilist on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Basically, I imagine they had to make a call. The kid isn't bad and he's getting better. I think he's supposed to be a little strange. Sort of a bridge between the 'normal' people and john.

denihilist on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Who didn't like Dexter? I've not actually known anyone who's watched it and not liked it.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah I didn't get that. The pedophile thing. I thought that Butchie stuck a broom up his ass or something, was that after the guy touched him in the room?

Also, crazy revelation about Sissy and why she pushed Butchie away.

At some point in Mr. Mega Millions' childhood, he was hit on the head by a broom handle hard enough to give him epileptic seizures by some of Butchie's friends. Sounds like Butchie either took part or didn't stop it.

The pedophile incident was separate and possibly caused by the trauma of that beating.

And yeah holy shit no wonder Butchie got fucked up. I guess it's not Linc's fault, after all, huh?

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I realize that it is a tall order. The kid just has no charisma, seems vacant most of the time and forces the few time he does have an emotion. The character would be really hard for anyone to play well, becuase of how fucked that family/ situation is.

SkankPlaya on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Janson wrote: »
    Who didn't like Dexter? I've not actually known anyone who's watched it and not liked it.

I knew people who watched the first few episodes then stopped because the main character being a sympathetic serial killer made them queesy. I kept telling them to give it a chance, but the idea seemed to be a huge turn-off, no matter what.

lostwords on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    SkankPlaya wrote: »

Well acting, surfing and skating are all skills that you have to practice a lot so...

Shaun is played by a pro surfer/skater dude. I suppose authenticity with the xtreem skills was what they were worried about the most. I can ignore his robotic delivery if I just try to think of him, like deni said, as a bridge between John and everyone else. Then it makes perfect sense. It's also easy to ignore him if you consider that
    Shaun will soon be gone.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited July 2007

Loved the first half of the first season, but after that it got exceptionally predictable and dull, in my opinion. Extremely cliche.

Also, I caught my first episode of John from Cincinnati on Monday, stuck in a shitty hotel room. Intriguing, but the end of it was so "what the fuuuuuck" that I don't really feel like going back. If I wanted David Lynch head-scratching, I'd watch David Lynch stuff. And I don't, so I don't.

Entourage was entertaining, Flight of the Conchords was passable. Neither made me wish I had HBO at home.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Loved the first half of the first season, but after that it got exceptionally predictable and dull, in my opinion. Extremely cliche.

Also, I caught my first episode of John from Cincinnati on Monday, stuck in a shitty hotel room. Intriguing, but the end of it was so "what the fuuuuuck" that I don't really feel like going back. If I wanted David Lynch head-scratching, I'd watch David Lynch stuff. And I don't, so I don't.

Entourage was entertaining, Flight of the Conchords was passable. Neither made me wish I had HBO at home.

Man, these pay cable dramas are the reason I get out of bed in the morning.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    jfc.gif

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I don't hate it, but I don't think it's very good. Dexter is great, but the rest of the characters are just awful. It's like they've taken cliche characters from every type of show ever and just thrown them together in one steaming pile of crap.
    I actually wanted Deb to get killed by Rudy. I was pretty irritated when it didn't happen.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DUBLO WHAT DID I SAY BEFORE

WHAT DID I SAY

Raneados on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    Hmm, I may have to spend saturday just watching episodes on onDemand. I was put off, because man, stupid plots, but everyone seems to be positive about it.

Flight of The Conchords though I love completely. Much better with the more recent episode. The first few was kinda ehh, but glad I stuck with it.

I feel that Flight of the Conchords is getting worse. The only good characters are Mel and Murray. They bring the laughs every time they show up.

The music is much better suited for stand-up. It all just sounds so much better when it was just two guys with guitars and a drum machine. Now it seems they're doing way too much as far as the music is concerned

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I never liked FotC that much (the show)

:/

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    DUBLO WHAT DID I SAY BEFORE

WHAT DID I SAY
    Something about you being wrong, and me being right.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »

I feel that Flight of the Conchords is getting worse. The only good characters are Mel and Murray. They bring the laughs every time they show up.

The music is much better suited for stand-up. It all just sounds so much better when it was just two guys with guitars and a drum machine. Now it seems they're doing way too much as far as the music is concerned

I actually agree with this. I think it's more the songs are more set up rather than improv, and I think their songs are more written as kind of improv-y songs. Like, less polished, more spontaneous feeling songs. Business time, for example, is a lot funnier on the stand up special because he's kind of telling this story over singing the song. But the songs I haven't seen on the specials, like The Tape of Love, and Jenny, and I'm not crying, work damn well on TV. So I don't know. I still love it though.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Starfuck wrote: »
    jfc.gif

Bless your heart, Starfuck.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    I don't hate it, but I don't think it's very good. Dexter is great, but the rest of the characters are just awful. It's like they've taken cliche characters from every type of show ever and just thrown them together in one steaming pile of crap.
    I actually wanted Deb to get killed by Rudy. I was pretty irritated when it didn't happen.

Well, to some extent of course the characters are drawn from the book, which is a pretty average read. The show actually goes into a lot more depth and fleshes out those characters.

I really liked Debs' character, though. I think the actress captured her perfectly, even though a lot of people really didn't like her.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I want one

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I bought the Season Three Part One DVDs today for 15 bucks.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Man, Billy is a dick. I don't want to wear his fuckin' t-shirt.

Monkeybomb on
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah. Seriously, fuck Billy.

Ramen Noodle on