As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SSB Brawl Thread: And the word "armada" refers to a large fleet of ships, of course

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

*sonic adventure 2 flashback*

gunwarrior on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That's more or less exactly what I had in my head when I wished for it. None of this fancy spherical crap, just a regular stage that you couldn't fall off of, you could only be thrown/kicked/blasted off...

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    That's more or less exactly what I had in my head when I wished for it. None of this fancy spherical crap, just a regular stage that you couldn't fall off of, you could only be thrown/kicked/blasted off...

If I were to design a stage based on Galaxy, I'd have a black hole in the center, with a platform that goes 360 degrees around it that has a few gaps on it. falling into the hole is a death, and so it getting blasted off-screen.

Speed Racer on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    oh come on, it was an easy enough mistake. :(

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    Kor wrote: »
    The 15 second clip from E3, I assume.

Speaking of which: I'm liking that firecracker weapon.

I was happy to see the speed of Pickachu's Volt Tackle. I was afraid it would move around too slow, and be easily avoidable.

I get the feeling you control it with the Wii remote pointer... or control stick if that isn't available.

That would be sort of difficult to do without a reticle.

I mean, either pickachu is moving as fast as he can towards the reticle, which could cause problems if you aren't pointing properly.

or

Pickachu is moving 1:1... which really isn't possible, as you could just shake your wrist really fast, back and forth until you've covered the whole screen 6 times over. :P

Or the blue ball Pikachu turns into IS the reticle. It could very easily move with a delay, simply tracking to where you are pointing, so if you point too fast or try to shake your wrist you will fuck it up and probably not hit anyone. Thems the breaks for being greedy.

Also I know they said no Wii specific controls... but how Wii specific is it when you could control it with the analog stick, too? Not too big of a departure... and I get the feeling they are going to try to get some Wii remote controls in there anyways considering the limited nature of the remote on it's own.

It's not going to happen dude. There's no motion control. Pikachu's final smash on the pointer would mean instant death to everyone on the screen, as opposed to moving around at a set speed with the stick.

You don't know that.

Didn't you read my post? What is to keep them from setting a set speed with the pointer?

Because then it would lag behind where you're pointing in a ridiculous way. I just don't see any sane reason why they would do it.

Zek on
  • TigTig Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gaaaah, I love that Starfox tune! <3
    Nostalgia GET!

Although nothing says "your shit's about to get crushed by a battle frigate" like the original tune.

Tig on
    edited July 2007
    Tig wrote: »
    Nostalgia GET!

Although nothing says "your shit's about to get crushed by a battle frigate" like the original tune.

I love that music as well.

I can almost hear all the old noises the team used to make.

Falco: Dow du blu dab bo
    Slippy: Gli blup gli blup
    Peppy: ma mu ma wo wa

Kor on
  • MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Tig wrote: »
    Nostalgia GET!

I love that music as well.

I can almost hear all the old noises the team used to make.

Falco: Dow du blu dab bo
    Slippy: Gli blup gli blup
    Peppy: ma mu ma wo wa

Andross: Bwhahahaha.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm going to guess Lucas. If I say it enough times, it will happen.

As for the next thread, maybe Speakeasy should make it? That way he could post and update the scores.

I just don't want to be selfish or whatever.

Jimothy on
    edited July 2007
    Tonight we will see Kirby's Final Smash.

Zek on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm calling a new item.

Speed Racer on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Kirby's. Dream. Land.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    edited July 2007
    They just announced Smashville, so another stage probably won't be for a while.

Speed Racer on
  • TubaFrogTubaFrog Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Call me greedy, but I'm hoping for more Donkey.

TubaFrog on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    TubaFrog wrote: »
    Maybe they'll show off his final smash: the Donkey Punch.

Elendil on
    edited July 2007
    They just announced Smashville, so another stage probably won't be for a while.
    I said I wouldn't change my answer until it's announced, so I'm not. :)

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Elendil wrote: »
    Maybe they'll show off his final smash: the Donkey Punch.

As... opportune... as that name is, I'd like to see DK whip out some bongos for his final smash. He can drum on them for a few seconds, shaking the whole stage, and then he'd clap, sending out the bubble from DK:JB around him, doing massive damage to all within the bubble.

God, I hate DK. That would be awesome, though.

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Maybe they'll show off his final smash: the Barrel Throw.

Jimothy on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mario Galaxy Stage.
    What?

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Maybe they'll show off his final smash: the Barrel Roll.

Fixed.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm going with an item that you throw for a summon - an assist or pokéball.

(is that allowed?)

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I've been really hoping that DK would get some kind of barrel-based move. I mean, it's just not right that he doesn't have one. I'm not sure that they could make a pure and simple barrel toss cool enough to be a final smash, though. I mean... everyone can kind of do that already.

However, while making this post, suddenly Rambi dawns on me.

Final smash or assist trophy. Either way.

Aydr on
    edited July 2007
    Tonight is going to be Metroid related damnit...My guess is still that its going to be ZSS Profile, but it could be Samus's Final Smash, Ridley(Could easily be a Character or Assist), Etecoons(Id love them to be a character, but likely an assist trophy), or Metroid(Assist trophy). Not likely the Metroid stage because we just had a stage on Friday though.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited July 2007
    I'm going with B moves for this update. From a non-newcomer character.

Kor on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Aydr wrote: »

I've been really hoping that DK would get some kind of barrel-based move. I mean, it's just not right that he doesn't have one. I'm not sure that they could make a pure and simple barrel toss cool enough to be a final smash, though. I mean... everyone can kind of do that already.

Dude, it's Donkey Kong.

Wailing on the bongos and sending out shockwaves through the level would fit perfectly.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • PoochPooch Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The 15 second clip from E3, I assume.

Speaking of which: I'm liking that firecracker weapon.

I was happy to see the speed of Pickachu's Volt Tackle. I was afraid it would move around too slow, and be easily avoidable.

I get the feeling you control it with the Wii remote pointer... or control stick if that isn't available.

That would be sort of difficult to do without a reticle.

I mean, either pickachu is moving as fast as he can towards the reticle, which could cause problems if you aren't pointing properly.

or

Pickachu is moving 1:1... which really isn't possible, as you could just shake your wrist really fast, back and forth until you've covered the whole screen 6 times over. :P

Or the blue ball Pikachu turns into IS the reticle. It could very easily move with a delay, simply tracking to where you are pointing, so if you point too fast or try to shake your wrist you will fuck it up and probably not hit anyone. Thems the breaks for being greedy.

Also I know they said no Wii specific controls... but how Wii specific is it when you could control it with the analog stick, too? Not too big of a departure... and I get the feeling they are going to try to get some Wii remote controls in there anyways considering the limited nature of the remote on it's own.

It's not going to happen dude. There's no motion control. Pikachu's final smash on the pointer would mean instant death to everyone on the screen, as opposed to moving around at a set speed with the stick.

You don't know that.

Didn't you read my post? What is to keep them from setting a set speed with the pointer?

Because then it would lag behind where you're pointing in a ridiculous way. I just don't see any sane reason why they would do it.
    Plus it would suck for the people holding the remote NES style.

Pooch on
    edited July 2007
    Athenor wrote: »

Dude, it's Donkey Kong.

Wailing on the bongos and sending out shockwaves through the level would fit perfectly.

Yeah. So would Rambi. Your point?

You do realize that I commented on the barrel toss as a final smash, not bongos, right? They're different ideas.

Aydr on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yes, and I was proposing my personal Final Smash idea. If DK doesn't have something Bongo related, then the world has no justice.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    edited July 2007
    I would much rather see Rambi than bongos. I think I'd prefer Rambi as an assist trophy (a wish which I think will probably come true), but if we could only get one or the other, I'd rather get Rambi.

Aydr on
    edited July 2007
    I would much rather see Rambi than bongos. I think I'd prefer Rambi as an assist trophy (a wish which I think will probably come true), but if we could only get one or the other, I'd rather get Rambi.

Which is in questionable legal ground, IIRC. I don't know how much of the DK intellectual property Nintendo kept when they sold Rare.

Athenor on
    edited July 2007

Which is in questionable legal ground, IIRC. I don't know how much of the DK intellectual property Nintendo kept when they sold Rare.

Well theyve used Diddy since then, so I would assume that all the characters Rare created for the DK Franchise remain with Nintendo.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • PoochPooch Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wasn't Rambi in Jungle Beat and Donkey Konga also?

Pooch on
    edited July 2007
    Pooch wrote: »

Yup. DK characters are Nintendo property. All of them. If it was a "Donkey Kong" game, then the elements within belong to Nintendo.

Aydr on
    edited July 2007

Yup. DK characters are Nintendo property. All of them. If it was a "Donkey Kong" game, then the elements within belong to Nintendo.

I'm sure Rare would have made a deal of Mario Kart if it wasn't. What with that DK kart that has Rambi's head on it.

Kor on
    edited July 2007

Yep, all the DKC created characters belong to Nintendo. From Diddy and every other Kong to K. Rool to kremlings and of course all the animals.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    edited July 2007
    I don't think Rambi is nearly imposing enough to be a final smash. I mean, think about it:

Link: "I use the power of the triforce to hit my opponents with a vicious attack combo!"
    Pikachu: "I become a pure ball of concentrated energy and obliterate my foes!"
    Bowser: "I transform into a massive unstoppable beast!"
    Mario: "I unleash a huge firestorm that covers the entire stage! What's your final smash, DK?"
    DK: "hey look it's a rhinoceros"

Zek on
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Clearly you've never been attacked by a rhinoceros.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    DK's final smash should be the entire Kong Klan coming up and just kicking the shit out of everything. Like about 10 Assist Trophys but each do different things. Funky Kandy Kranky Diddy a-go-go.

Faustum on
    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    sigoj3.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm going with B moves for this update.
    I read this as "B movies"

Bruce Campbell confirmed.

Elendil on