As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's discuss our lives in great detail

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited July 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Sort of. I'm tall, so me and him got to thinking...

If my dog Sugar ever came at me I'd have to veer behind her and grab her by the back of her neck. I can't go head on against her because she'd latch onto an arm or something.

Edit: Then it's a simple matter of throwing her down and doing away with said dog.

Batman252-Zong.jpg

Whippy on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Thank you, Batman!

(But yeah, that shit would get me killed were I to try it against my dog.)

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I am so glad that in the six minutes it took for me to find that, no one else posted it first

Whippy on
  • Options
    CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Usually I get off of work at 5:00 PM, tonight it was 7:00. Didn't make it to the paintball store or stop at the barber. I am now trying to sedate myself with loud music before going to Edgefield for a beer and a showing of Hot Fuzz.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Knob wrote: »
    i went to applebees and our order took an hour to get out to us and when it got there it was cold

i was nice to the waitress, but i told her 'man, this is pretty shit, you know' and she's all, 'well, i can take your food and go microwave it or something' and i go, 'man, i have two toddlers here who are bored and hungry and pissed and they just got their food and now you want to take it away from them for ten more minutes and make it soggy and grosser, this is not the wisest solution'

so the manager came by and way understanding about the whole thing and we didn't have to pay for dinner

so on one hand, free dinner

on the other hand, it was cold and shitty and i spent like two damn hours sitting in an applebees with pissed off kids and my redneck sister

I've never had anything but bad experiences at applebees. It's just about the only restaurant that I flat out will not go.

Javen on
  • Options
    ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    my life is a series of attempts to distract and sedate myself

I've been leaning this way of late as well.

Everything I pursue isnt in the pursuit of happiness, its in the pursuit of covering my ass in the inevitable case of "breakdown", mental or otherwise.

Gotta keep shoving information in, gotta keep watchin that animoo, gotta keep playin them games, gotta keep reading the intertron, gotta keep doin it cause if ya stop the world will come crashing down. Its sick really.

Shurakai on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    seriously though

right in the snoot

zong

their most sensitive spot

Whippy on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    powrrr zong, even

Seriously on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    yeah, i usually protest applebees

this is the first time we've gotten really bad service there

but i don't really like any of their food, and i'm kinda twitchy when it comes to going out in public so the restaraunts i go to have to have a really mellow atmosphere, and applebees is always loud and chaotic and the layout is cramped and mazelike and i just don't like being in there

does anyone else hate going to certain places just because of the ambience or am i more neurotic than i originally imagined

Knob on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    my life is a series of attempts to distract and sedate myself

I dig this

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

but i don't really like any of their food, and i'm kinda twitchy when it comes to going out in public so the restaraunts i go to have to have a really mellow atmosphere, and applebees is always loud and chaotic and the layout is cramped and mazelike and i just don't like being in there

does anyone else hate going to certain places just because of the ambience or am i more neurotic than i originally imagined

no no i get it

I generally steer away from chains for that very reason. They're huge and noisy and everyone trying to talk over one another and you never really get any quiet or privacy.

That's why I love the north end in boston. It's just chock full of small italian digs where it's dark and mellow and you never have to wait to sit down.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I tend to avoid places that have:

1. A campy theme (durr hurr were a ranch house durr)

2. Tiny portions (durr were a ranch house and our steaks are slivers of blackened meat)

3. A badly set up interior that makes it incredibly loud when more than 50% of the restraunt is full (again, said ranch house establishment)

Shurakai on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I think you and Ave. would get along, Javen.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote: »
    I keep pussying out of confessing to a girl that I have feelings for her, with a large number of factors being involved such as (A) she kinda sorta not really at all who knows has a boyfriend (B) she rarely calls me when she's headed out after work or something and (C) over internet a few nights ago she said it would be "the girl's loss" if I got turned down when asking someone out, with some other compliments thrown in.

I have no idea what to think. One way or another, though, that information is getting out there.

man up and ask her out but don't take it too hard if you get rejected

seriously, go ahead and do it

Girls are hella confusing about this shit. She could really like you, but this will not stop her from turning you down because of some fucked up female reasoning.

On the other hand, she could not be interested at all but still send all these mixed signals just to fuck with your head.

She really really doesn't strike me a mindfuck girl....I know "they never do" or whatever, but those of you who aren't jaded^2 have to admit that there are good ones out there, and this gal strikes me as one. I think the mixed signals are a result of either not wanting to reach too far in case it's not reciprocated (optimism) or just being a good friend and trying to comfort me/make me feel good about myself, and not actually being interested (pessimism). It's sort of an annoyance of mine that people will feel free to pseudo-flirt if they see you as nothing at all more than a friend and think you feel the same way.

Truth is, I'm a bit guilty of it meself. I've made comments about jumping a girl's bones or mad mackin', yo (no I don't talk like that) when I was sure that we were just friends, and later been pulled aside by said girl saying "So, um, about that stuff you said earlier...do you really..." and I'm just thinking "oh shit shit shit shit".

This was a rambling post.

How r u gaiz olol?

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to go to grad school, because I know a great deal of miserable grad students.

So, I'm spending my days volunteering in a lab, looking for papers to read and searching for a part time job or jobs.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    If I don't go to grad school I won't really get anything good

if I do go to grad school I will drink myself to death.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I think you and Ave. would get along, Javen.

Word. Isn't he moving up to BC in like, a month?

Javen on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, me too probably.

Seriously on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    I am no fan of Fuddrucker's. Fuck their overpriced burgers.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    like i can't really go to the bar anymore

because the two awesome bars that i was comfortable in both closed

small, dark underground places with back rooms away from the jukebox and pool tables

almost totally enclosed booths so you didn't have to deal with drunk jackoffs sitting at the next table

tiny quiet intimate affairs where you could sit and sip a drink by yourself and catch up on your reading, or sit with a couple folks and actually have a conversation rather than shouting across a room full of rap music and mating and chaos and pressed flesh

Knob on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gritting my teeth at my job, looking at the clock every few minutes, counting down until I get to leave.

One of the old guys I work with scared the crap out of me the other day. The power had gone out at the store, so all we could do was sit down and wait until the Hydro company called us back and came to see what the problem was.

He said, "Yeah. I was only going to work here for a year or so, then go to college... But, you know, the pay just got too good, and I've been here ever since. When I started working I was only making about a dollar an hour... so that was a long time ago."

And I thought, "Oh fuck. That was my plan, too. God damn. That's going to be me. Working this shit job until I'm 60. I'm looking at my future self right now, aren't I?"

So, now I'm doing everything I can to change that.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Whenever I find a lady intimidating and confusing I just pretend she's a dude and go from there.

Shurakai on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    There is one chain I like going to, because every booth is almost completely enclosed and soundproof, has its own TV and remote in each one, and they will fry anything on the menu for a buck fiddy.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i'm gonna sit in a cool bath and play the warriors

for a handheld port of a 20 year old movie license it is way fucking better than it has any right to be

Knob on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hrm. Now I'm looking through various social networking sites, looking at how some of my former classmates from a school I used to go are doing now.

Some are on steroids, some are lesbians, and one ham has auditioned for American Idol.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    There is one girl who I used to hang out with in high school a bunch, and I've always had this huge crush on her. I think if she ever became available and interested, I would leave whoever I was with, in favor of her, no matter what.

Javen on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Shurakai wrote: »
    Whenever I find a lady intimidating and confusing I just pretend she's a dude and go from there.

In my social circle head-humping is pretty frequent among the guys. We're pretty much the dudes from Knocked Up in that regard. I don't think that would go over very well. To be frank, not awfully, but I'd probably be spending a few days on time-out in my house, thinking about what I've done.

I know what you mean, but still. Gotta be careful.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    There is one girl who I used to hang out with in high school a bunch, and I've always had this huge crush on her. I think if she ever became available and interested, I would leave whoever I was with, in favor of her, no matter what.

I used to have a couple of these, but thankfully I attempted to pursue a relationship and let them eat, digest, and poop out my soul. Twas a good life lesson.

Shurakai on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I'm kinda the same way, in that whenever there's a girl that I really, really, really like (like this one) I won't even hook-up with random party girls or anything like that for fear it might dissuade them. I've missed tons of relationships because of this, but shit, when I fall head over heels I fall hard.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I'm kinda the same way, in that whenever there's a girl that I really, really, really like (like this one) I won't even hook-up with random party girls or anything like that for fear it might dissuade them. I've missed tons of relationships because of this, but shit, when I fall head over heels I fall hard.

Oh I've gone through a large number of relationships in the interim, all I'm saying is if she suddenly turned around one day and was all 'Look, a rainbow! Do me on it!' I would not hesitate in the slightest.

Javen on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    How was your date with Steak girl, Javen?

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, I understand that, but I'm saying that I'm the same in that she takes precedence over anyone else. The only difference is I take it a step further to my own detriment. You treat it rationally. Ta-da!

To be fair, there are girls I'm not even interested in that I would drop everything for if they said "Look, a rainbow! Do me on it!" because that would be so absolutely ridiculous and cute and awesome that my brain would just melt.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Good, though I found out the hard way that she does not know how to properly cook a steak. Kinda sucks that I'm moving home in a week, though.

Javen on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Good, though I found out the hard way that she does not know how to properly cook a steak. Kinda sucks that I'm moving home in a week, though.

burned/ or raw

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Both, actually. The temperature was waaaaaaaaaaaay too high so it was one of those "charred on the outside, raw on the inside" deals.

Javen on
  • Options
    Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

no no i get it

I generally steer away from chains for that very reason. They're huge and noisy and everyone trying to talk over one another and you never really get any quiet or privacy.

That's why I love the north end in boston. It's just chock full of small italian digs where it's dark and mellow and you never have to wait to sit down.

Oh hell yes! I visited Boston last year, and I ate at a very classic-looking Italian restaurant; across the street is an authentic Italian grocery. Do you know what one I'm talking about?

Even the original Pizzeria Regina has a pretty unique atmosphere, but it's definitely not a mellow ambience.

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Honestly, if a pretty girl gives me more attention that I think is due, I'm theirs.

I know how sad that sounds.

EDIT: BC as in British Columbia?

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So I'm trying to find a job guys, but I'm thinking my college schedule is a hindrance. Basically, I have all of Monday and Wednesday morning and afternoon, and all of friday, saturday, and sunday to work. But I want to be making at least 8 bucks an hour, pocketing about 200 a week, doing something other than fucking retail or intense labor.

Any suggestions?

tardcore on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    Honestly, if a pretty girl gives me more attention that I think is due, I'm theirs.

I know how sad that sounds.

EDIT: BC as in British Columbia?

Boston College.

Javen on
  • Options
    Mama SassMama Sass Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Since we're off tomorrow and closing the office early today, naturally time has decided to completely freeze. It's been 10:40 for FIVE HOURS NOW. I wish I'd tucked that flask into my purse.

Mama Sass on