As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GAME ON] Insurgency

• Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I used the shotgun on more than one occasion and found it was fine. Managed to knock off 5 insurgents, more than once in a row. Useless at long range, but close range I've never had to fire a second shot to drop someone, and its semi. Overkill.

I also agree with the RPG trooper. He should have say 3 RPG rounds, a Scorpion SMG for a bit of spray and pray and a Knife.

Support should have a sidearm of some sort.

Snipers should have s bit more concealment (bush and grassy camo) and the insurgent's should have access to a Dragunov SVD, which is popular amongst the insurgent's in Iraq. That or the Mosin Nagant.
    A little bit of choice, bolt action with power and slower rate of fire, or semi auto with a bit of a kick.

A little bit of customisation of the sights/no sights would be good, instead of Corpsman and Rifleman.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Neat, the Insurgency patch contains two new skins for steam.

Peewi on
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It also includes a new map.

Changelog:
    Added:
    *Added server-side cvars "tkremove" and "tkdetect" to help deal with team killers
    * Added cvar "ins_dmgfactor"
    * Added super-sonic bullet whiz effect
    * Added incremental weapon sway when low on stamina
    * Added hint reminding you of alternate stance modes
    * Added weapon slot keys
    * Added new map ins_hillah

Changed:
    * Changed "sv_alltalk" to default to "0"
    * Increased rate of fire of M249 to be that of its real life counterpart
    * Replaced round-restart commands with "ins_restart_game" and "ins_restart_round"
    * Renamed server-side cvar "ins_endtime" to "mp_chattime"
    * Renamed server-side cvar "ins_friendlyfire" to "mp_friendlyfire"

Fixed:
    * Fixed attacking with grenades while sprinting
    * Fixed bipod view locking issues while moving in prone
    * Fixed exploit allowing people to finish reloading their weapon at abnormally fast speeds
    * Fixed exploit allowing people to go from standing to prone super fast
    * Fixed explosions recording deaths as suicides
    * Fixed iron sights twitching under lag
    * Fixed pausing of automatic sounds
    * Fixed people being unable to use grenade if attacking while going prone
    * Fixed players automatically spawning when they enter the server
    * Fixed reloading with M249
    * Fixed shells sticking to players and floating in mid-air
    * Fixed strange behavior in the shotgun reload
    * Fixed various server and client-side exploits and crashes

Misc:
    * Changing class doesn't kill you anymore
    * Client DLLs now built without SSE, fixing a small problem for people with no SSE support on their CPU
    * Hint to suggest use of "cl_stancemode 1"
    * Optimized dust effects to use less CPU
    * Removed ability to use spraypaint or flashlights in spectator mode
    * Various gameplay balance improvements
    * Various small FPS improvements

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The alternate stance mode is a different way of going to stances. You can go up in stances (prone->crouch->standing) or vice versa. So the jump key would make you go up in stances while the crouch key would make you go down.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have been on servers that crashed or lost its connection, but I have never crashed while playing this mod.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Goddamn this INS forums are horrible.

"BF2 is better because of blah"

"Nuh uh!! BF2 is horrid because of blah"

"You both suck! PRMM is better than both of you because of blah!"

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    KarnKarn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And then the forums will self destruct for a bit, and the only ones left are those who kiss the game's ass. I've seen it before! Then there will probably be a further split, where one group gets tired of the slowness to implicate features they want or something. And they will try to mod the mod.

Karn on
    KarnsigRescue.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I see only one person brought up that ArmA is more realistic than all 3 of the games, but he did in a non-flaming manner and was completely ignored.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    SaniusSanius Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    1.1 is out

im going to get on vent and play it

Sanius on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    They also just released a hot-fix for windows servers that are still crashing with 1.1

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    None of these mirrors want to let me download the patch. :(

I was really looking forward to it too since I'd like to be able to actually play at a framerate that's not 10 when I walk outside.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sanius wrote: »
    1.1 is out

im going to get on vent and play it

You're late.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Steel-AngelSteel-Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The RPG is fine, although they need to fix it so you can fucking reload from the ammo caches. Nothing quite like popping up out of the shadows of a balcony and slaying the infidel marines with a well placed rocket.

Also - A lot of people are using it wrong. You don't aim AT the guy, you aim at the ground or wall next to him.

Steel-Angel on
    signaturep.jpg
  • Options
    incognitoincognito Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    On a side note: I finally learned how to use the m203! Wooooo!!

incognito on
    My art thread.
    Janson: Listen bitches, just shut up and get back to licking my floor clean.
    I'm not dealing with your kind of crap today.
  • Options
    TDLTDL ClubPA, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Why the fuck do developers keep giving Engineers shotguns?

This is god damned retarded.

TDL on
    Meet me on my vast veranda
    My sweet, untouched Miranda
    And while the seagulls are crying
    We fall but our souls are flying
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    incognito wrote: »

How do you aim it? Ever time I fire the frag arcs up a great deal.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Suds wrote: »

Use the sight. Aim with the notch that says either 1 or 2 depending on range to get a fairly flat trajectory good for close range. It's kind of hard to get used to since it feels like you're aiming at your feet, but it works. Just practice and you'll figure it out from there.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Suds wrote: »

Well I found that if I don't use the iron sights I can get a shallow arc but what Pancake said is what people should actually do.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    TDL wrote: »

Because that's all engineers ever use!

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Because it is realistic! REALISM! What do you know?!

Karn on
    KarnsigRescue.gif
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Karn wrote: »

TDL is actually a military engineer.

Urian on
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I feel like there should be some balance adjustments to the accuracy of some guns. I feel that maybe some of them are too accurate. As an example, I have an M4, switch to single fire, train my sights on something about 200-250m away and fire. Yep, he gets hit and dies (good thing it was an enemy). Note that what I saw was a very small target (a head) with a very low profile at a long distance. Though this may or may not be realistic, I feel it needs some fixes to make the gun more innacurate at longer distances. What use is taking cover when if I pop out for 1.5 seconds to get some shots in, they shoot me and I die instantly. I can't lay down suppressing fire when this happens. It's understandable in a firefight that's some 50m in scope, but one that takes place at 200m far end of a street, it's ridiculous.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    incognitoincognito Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, it's not like the engineer actually does anything unique in this game, yet. Same with the Corpsman/medic.

incognito on
    My art thread.
    Janson: Listen bitches, just shut up and get back to licking my floor clean.
    I'm not dealing with your kind of crap today.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Urian wrote: »

That was the point of my post. :x

Karn on
    KarnsigRescue.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007

That was the point of my post. :x

Oh.. D:

Urian on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    darksteel wrote: »
    I feel like there should be some balance adjustments to the accuracy of some guns. I feel that maybe some of them are too accurate. As an example, I have an M4, switch to single fire, train my sights on something about 200-250m away and fire. Yep, he gets hit and dies (good thing it was an enemy). Note that what I saw was a very small target (a head) with a very low profile at a long distance. Though this may or may not be realistic, I feel it needs some fixes to make the gun more innacurate at longer distances. What use is taking cover when if I pop out for 1.5 seconds to get some shots in, they shoot me and I die instantly. I can't lay down suppressing fire when this happens. It's understandable in a firefight that's some 50m in scope, but one that takes place at 200m far end of a street, it's ridiculous.
    How, exactly, do you know that you killed him or that he even died?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Goomba wrote: »

Maybe hes playing on a server that reports kills? I've been on a few and the game just becomes a broken version of CS:S

Veevee on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Not reporting kills is a huge gameplay change.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Is anyone else having hellish problems with this game crashing to the desktop? I can't play it for more than a minute without it going down. Also, Norton seems to be reporting hl2.exe as a trojan horse ever since I installed this mod. There are some other people in the Steam thread with the same problem, but I noticed it only immediately after installing this.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    People actually still use Norton? Anyway, there's a thread here.

I wish mine was as simple.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    XenoXeno Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My god, why does this game force people to use certain weapons?

Rifles should be available for everyone. Why the hell am I forced to play with the shotgun or RPG? There should be another option available to everyone and unlimited. Just receive the basic rifle m4? and ak-47 for insurgents.

Xeno on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Xeno wrote: »

Rifles should be available for everyone. Why the hell am I forced to play with the shotgun or RPG? There should be another option available to everyone and unlimited. Just receive the basic rifle m4? and ak-47 for insurgents.

They just recently changed it. or have decided to change it, so that the Insurgents can have more rifles, they were kinda vague if it was unlimited or not. Marines however are screwed, which is retarded on many many levels. Most of the fighting goes on at a long range, so unless you catch someone in a short hallway the shotguns are near useless, and the RPG's aren't all that useful without a vehicle to blow them up with or a destructible environment to topple a wall onto your enemies.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Xeno wrote: »

They just recently changed it. or have decided to change it, so that the Insurgents can have more rifles, they were kinda vague if it was unlimited or not. Marines however are screwed, which is retarded on many many levels. Most of the fighting goes on at a long range, so unless you catch someone in a short hallway the shotguns are near useless, and the RPG's aren't all that useful without a vehicle to blow them up with or a destructible environment to topple a wall onto your enemies.
    I, uh, you do know that the US's version of the RPG is still a rifle, right? There's nothing retarded about it.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Goomba wrote: »

I actually got up to him by sprinting to make sure. He wasn't being backed up or overwatched, so I didn't receive any fire en route.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Options
    GroovyMr1337GroovyMr1337 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well then a)someone else could have killed him and b) 250 meters isnt all that bad. A good sharpshooter should be able to hit something at 600 feet relatively easily. Guns, believe it or not, are a lot more accurate in real life than video games portrayed them. In real life, guns are overpowered.
    Oh, have they made an unlimited class yet?

GroovyMr1337 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Not yet. They've just said they're considering making rifles less restricted for the insurgents. They've said they want to keep the marines the way they are.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Pancake wrote: »

Not yet. They've just said they're considering making rifles less restricted for the insurgents. They've said they want to keep the marines the way they are.

Christ, come on, I honestly don't believe that there is an explosives man for every riflemen in the military. Ah, such a stupid thing which has made my experience so much less enjoyable.

GroovyMr1337 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Christ, come on, I honestly don't believe that there is an explosives man for every riflemen in the military. Ah, such a stupid thing which has made my experience so much less enjoyable.

Just pick up a rifle when you see one lying on the ground. Simple.

Urian on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I'm just saying, you shouldn't have to do that. The game shouldn't come down to being stuck in a shitty class and having to search for a rifle just to have fun.

GroovyMr1337 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I'm just saying, you shouldn't have to do that. The game shouldn't come down to being stuck in a shitty class and having to search for a rifle just to have fun.

The devs also stated in their meeting thing that in the future, the game will support customizable load outs that presumably still adhere to what that class is.

Once that's implemented, maybe you won't be stuck using a shotgun. There are a lot of features they wanted in but didn't have time to implement for their first release.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg