As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cloverfield (mystery movie trailer in front of transformers)

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No no, that's the thing. The Ethan Haas stuff doesn't match up with Revelations. It sounds like crazy UFO cult crap.

Everything still supports the original "giant alien monster arrives to destroy the Earth" premise.

Furu on
  • Options
    siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Furu wrote: »
    No no, that's the thing. The Ethan Haas stuff doesn't match up with Revelations. It sounds like crazy UFO cult crap.

Everything still supports the original "giant alien monster arrives to destroy the Earth" premise.

I just completed the third puzzle, and I can really see where people are getting this "Must be an Eva movie" idea from.

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Have we confirmed that the Ethan Hass Was Right website is invloved with Cloverfield?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If this is an EVA movie I hope they don't use the same retarded ending and make Shinji not a fucking emo cry baby.

But I doubt this is an EVA movie for the simple fact that no movie studio would go through all this trouble making this actually decent advertising campaign for an live action anime movie..

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    FarseerBaradasFarseerBaradas Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I saw the trailer on google video.

I hope so much this is Gamera or Godzilla, but I doubt it. :(

What does completing the puzzles on that one site reveal?

EDIT: Oh yeah, pointless top of the page.

FarseerBaradas on
    sigeb2.png
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I beat it, you get a code and it tells you to come back on August 1st. Also the guy rambles about the end of the world with more fuzzy videos.

I will just quote myself for that one.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I beat it, you get a code and it tells you to come back on August 1st. Also the guy rambles about the end of the world with more fuzzy videos.

I will just quote myself for that one.
    what was the code? or is it unique to each person....

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    To the "I saw it it's a lion it's huge" people, there was a review of a Voltron screenplay that popped up on the internet somewhere.

I doubt that's what it is though, he clearly says "alive".

rayofash on
  • Options
    HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Crap cant download the videos. Wait so more are rising. I guess what doesnt make sense if the campaign of the movie is to go viral why is paramount trying youtube to take it out. I suspect something is fishy. My theory movie will suck and letting the mystery is going to save it from flunking.

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The Voltron screenplay was from May. It wasn't finalized, nor did it even have a director. No way it'd be finished in time for January 18th.

Also, the Ethan Haas videos have been taken down from Youtube at Paramount's request. Sweet sweet confirmation.

Furu on
  • Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The Voltron screenplay was from May. It wasn't finalized, nor did it even have a director. No way it'd be finished in time for January 18th.

Also, the Ethan Haas videos have been taken down from Youtube at Paramount's request. Sweet sweet confirmation.

aww yea, so it IS about the armageddon (religous or not).

also, for those on the west coast, its nearly 12:00, just about a 1/2 hour till 12:36A(M), time to confirm/discredit the 12:36 myth for the 1/18/08 site. (who posted that rumor?)

Edit- also, what is that in between the two ppl's heads? There's some kind of light; it might be nothing. (also, it looks like they are crying)

12:36 edit- nope, nothing happened

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Horus wrote: »
    Crap cant download the videos. Wait so more are rising. I guess what doesnt make sense if the campaign of the movie is to go viral why is paramount trying youtube to take it out. I suspect something is fishy. My theory movie will suck and letting the mystery is going to save it from flunking.

My theory is they want people to go to see Transformers to see the trailer.

As if people aren't going to go see Transformers several times already.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    gunwarrior wrote: »

aww yea, so it IS about the armageddon (religous or not).

also, for those on the west coast, its nearly 12:00, just about a 1/2 hour till 12:36A(M), time to confirm/discredit the 12:36 myth for the 1/18/08 site. (who posted that rumor?)

Edit- also, what is that in between the two ppl's heads? There's some kind of light; it might be nothing. (also, it looks like they are crying)

12:36 edit- nope, nothing happened
    Cut the picture in half and connect the 2 faces.

It is the same person.

Also, I see a demon in the hair between them. (her halves)

I have no idea what is going on.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    yakulyakul Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    There is a line in the Wolfmother song "Joker and the Thief" that goes "Can you see the joker flying over,
    As she's standing in the field of clover." Of course Joker and thief is the obvious Dylan reference so this movie is about...

Battlestar Galactica?

yakul on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    That's such a long shot I am now going to post a picture of the character Longshot.

200px-Longshot1.jpg

Nice try though, yakul.

Furu on
  • Options
    yakulyakul Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am going to make at least ten predictions about this movie and none of them are going to be about a monster attacking New York, I may not be right on any of them, but I will be right on one thing... this movie is most certainly NOT about a monster attacking New York.

that's too damn obvious.

yakul on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I think it's fairly apparent it's about something attacking New York.

Furu on
  • Options
    siliconenhancedsiliconenhanced __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I think it's fairly apparent it's about something attacking New York.

Or the world, you know. New York just happens to be where the trailer is taking place.

It might be a completely unique liscense, even though the current fad is to make a movie out of everything.

And on that note, who says it has to be a movie on the 18th of January?

What if its a trailer for another Transformers movie?

What if that's fucking Grimlock who ripped off the Statue of Liberty's head?

siliconenhanced on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    A new article in the Hollywood Reporter confirms that it is in fact a movie about a giant monster attack in New York from the point of view of a small group of people.

Furu on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

I just completed the third puzzle, and I can really see where people are getting this "Must be an Eva movie" idea from.

No one could see how Ilovebees could be linked to Halo 2 either. It's viral, so it can really be whatever the hell it wants to. I don't think it's eva though either.

UPDATE: I checked the site at 12:36A Central and Pacific, and got nothing. Guess the next update is august 1st

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The great war of the gods will come upon the earth; the fires and terror of their rule will return for a time, but the children of the gods may be thus prepared, themselves aware and powerful…they may stand along side the gods not as equals, but as allies, feared and ready.

8-)

Sounds like some 12-21-12 shit.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    UPDATE: The blog associated with the ethan hass website has the same weird writing and also some posts about the end of the world. The guy who started the blog has the same name as a lovecraft character. His myspace profile (I had to search, but it matched, to the best I can tell) has a few posts about Chluthlu(sp?) so I'm guessing this is a lovecraft movie. Supposedly the lovecraft estate has not sold any of the rights to the author's works, but there is also a lot of debate as to who owns some of them, so if they are in the air doesn't it give them a temporary public domain status? This could also just be more fake news to throw people off, but right now I'm thinking it could be a lovecraft movie. I know that JJ Abrahms has said he's a fan of the genre, so....yeah...

amateurhour -- Keeping you informed on a movie that no respectable source knows shit about.... heh --

amateurhour on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It doesn't really match a Lovecraft like plot tho, giant explosions and all. It seems too overt for that.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    It doesn't really match a Lovecraft like plot tho, giant explosions and all. It seems too overt for that.

Well if an elder god is actually returning, well then yeah shit is gona blow up.

Personally i think i know what it all is.

Since they're all about bringing back stuff from the 80's the obvious link to the transformers movie would be that this is the my little pony movie! It would explain the explosions, who doesnt get warm and fuzzy on the inside imaginging blowing a pink flying horse out of the sky with a rocket launcher.

Snarfmaster on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shoggoth wrote: »

Well if an elder god is actually returning, well then yeah shit is gona blow up.

Personally i think i know what it all is.

Since they're all about bringing back stuff from the 80's the obvious link to the transformers movie would be that this is the my little pony movie! It would explain the explosions, who doesnt get warm and fuzzy on the inside imaginging blowing a pink flying horse out of the sky with a rocket launcher.

Eh elder gods almost never see the light of day outside cthulhu in any hp lovecraft story. Yes I suppose if they were to return shit would go crazy but not in a OH GOD THERE'S A GIANT MONSTER kind of way. I think it'd be more a oh god I've stumbled on some horrible cult that only I have knowledge of.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well Cthulu isn't actually an elder god, but i could picture some fire and destruction.

Azatoth could be having some fun with earth before destroying it.

Plus picture some scared guy with a handi-cam running around spotting deep ones and stuff coming out of the harbor. It could be sweet.

Snarfmaster on
  • Options
    ShinyoShinyo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I do know one thing I'm going to like about this move.

SHIT IS GOING TO BLOW THE FUCK UP.
    Cthulhu Cthulhu fhtagn R'lyeh

Shinyo on
  • Options
    drinkinstoutdrinkinstout Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    if you take that 01-18-08 image, dupe it and line up the opposite edges, it does appear that that is just two sides of the same girls face... which is odd and doesn't seem to mean anything... or does it? hrm... I'll be watching this cause now im curious...

drinkinstout on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    UPDATE: The blog associated with the ethan hass website has the same weird writing and also some posts about the end of the world. The guy who started the blog has the same name as a lovecraft character. His myspace profile (I had to search, but it matched, to the best I can tell) has a few posts about Chluthlu(sp?) so I'm guessing this is a lovecraft movie. Supposedly the lovecraft estate has not sold any of the rights to the author's works, but there is also a lot of debate as to who owns some of them, so if they are in the air doesn't it give them a temporary public domain status? This could also just be more fake news to throw people off, but right now I'm thinking it could be a lovecraft movie. I know that JJ Abrahms has said he's a fan of the genre, so....yeah... --

I'm not sure but I don't think that's how copyright works. While no one can say who owns it right now SOMEONE does, so if you use the material without permission you'll just be sued for compensation by whoever is eventually proven to own the rights.

More likely I would think is either it's being done for flavor, to give the world a little more depth and because JJ happens to like it or because it'll be something roughly inspired by the Chuthlu mythology but still unique.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I think it's more the likely this viral campaign is giving us the movie's background, since from the premise, we're probably not going to learn anything about where The Parasite comes from.

Furu on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited July 2007
    Goddamnit, every time I finish I level I always forget how to activate the next level.

Either way, I just finished the second level and now I forgot how to get the third one to start.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Either wait or click on the ball? It could just be loading.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think it's a movie about a parasite alien come down to infect the planet. I had a picture somewhere that kind of resembled the movie, it was a guy in a car with a camera looking at a giant transparent headless alien that resembled the nightwalker from Princess Mononoke.

I think this because I read it in a blog somewhere, but I lost the link.

rayofash on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »

Man, now I'm stuck on the third level.

I can't get anything to do anything.

This is why I never played Myst.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Aemilius wrote: »

Me too, honestly.
    If it's the pyramid thing, you need to grab and drag the lights at the corners of the triangles.

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Me too, honestly.
    If it's the pyramid thing, you need to grab and drag the lights at the corners of the triangles.

Yeah, I got the dragging bit. But I can't get them to stay anywhere once I've dragged them. They just pop right back in place.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, finally a bit of info that MIGHT be real news. It seems that Matt Reeves will be directing this. He's done a fair bit of TV directing and directed The Pallbearer. Not exactly confidence building, but not an automatic dud either.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Me too, honestly.

Yeah, I got the dragging bit. But I can't get them to stay anywhere once I've dragged them. They just pop right back in place.

Have you ever played Solitaire?
    You need to drag it to an intersection without a light; in other words, towards the bottom, where the only dark intersections are.

tuxkamen on

• Options
    edited July 2007

Me too, honestly.

Have you ever played Solitaire?
    You need to drag it to an intersection without a light; in other words, towards the bottom, where the only dark intersections are.

Yeah, nothing happens.

Edit: Scratch that, working now.

Not that I've solved it yet, but I'll get it soon enough.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    if you take that 01-18-08 image, dupe it and line up the opposite edges, it does appear that that is just two sides of the same girls face... which is odd and doesn't seem to mean anything... or does it? hrm... I'll be watching this cause now im curious...

someone did that on the slashfilm forums... it is the same girl, so they made the hair fall together to get the demon vibe in the background I guess.

amateurhour on