As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Play-Asia 20% off sale over, let's talk about our purchases

• AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lunker: Soundvoyeger? I just don't see the appeal. Dialhex, however, should be right on the list.

JetBlackCenter: YES. DO IT!

AlphaTwo on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hooray, i'm glad I didn't order Ouendan 2 straight away now. This makes it the perfect time for purchase.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • MasoniteMasonite Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bought and bought. The last time Play-Asia had one of these sales, I foolishly waited because I was hoping to use one of those $5 off coupons with the order. Turns out you can't, and I was minus two CD's.

Masonite on
  • DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    In for Jump Ultimate Stars.

How long do they usually take to ship out? I bought on Monday or Tuesday, and still no word of shipment.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This should help those of you wondering about the 360 compatibility:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • MarlorMarlor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DeathPrawn wrote: »
    How long do they usually take to ship out? I bought on Monday or Tuesday, and still no word of shipment.

Usually, it's within a day. They are probably just overloaded with orders at the moment.

Marlor on
    Mario Kart Wii: 1332-8060-5236 (Aaron)
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Please people, I just need like three other people to order something via my referral link and I can put the referral earnings towards a Katamari Damacy soundtrack.

DarkPrimus on
    usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • MasoniteMasonite Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Please people, I just need like three other people to order something via my referral link and I can put the referral earnings towards a Katamari Damacy soundtrack.

Seeing as how much I love Katamari Fortissimo Damacy, I would have gladly helped you out had I known. How much do you need?

Masonite on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Masonite wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Seeing as how much I love Katamari Fortissimo Damacy, I would have gladly helped you out had I known. How much do you need?

It doesn't matter how much or how little you order. Play-Asia just has a rule that you need X amount of different users to order things via your referral link before you can use your referral earnings in any way.

DarkPrimus on
    usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am soooo tempted to get EBA2 and the Shonen Jump game. Soooo tempted.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, I bought Jump Ultimate Stars. I was watching a couple vids of it on youtube, and I cannot wait for this game to get here. The single player looks awesome, but WiFi? Oh hell yes.

I'm going to have to unplug my internet for the next couple of months so I can't find out about these sales. I can hear my wallet screaming no mas.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • HallucinogenHallucinogen Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Damnit. I just ordered from PlayAsia 3 days ago.

Hallucinogen on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well then, I guess Ouendan 2 will finally be mine. Phoenix Wright: Justice for All and that Metroid soundtrack look mighty tempting as well.

Man of the Waves on
  • TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Alternatively, note that at a diff. site, Yesasia.com, they have a $5 off coupon code for orders over $30.
    How to redeem your US$5 Coupon
    Simply enter the coupon code "US" during the checkout process, and you will save US$5 off any purchase over US$30. This coupon expires July 31, 2007, so don't wait too long!
    Note that there is free international shipping for orders over $25.

TM2 Rampage on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I kinda want DJ MAX 2, but i sucked so hard at the demo. I cant get past the second section in the demo. Has anyone here played the demo and the actual game, and can compare the two. I like the idea, style and songs, Its just too fucking difficult for me to enjoy, demo wise

Probabl going to just get Jump! Ultimate Stars instead

ronzo on
  • LeRoyLeRoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Just looked at my account on P.A. and it said shipped. I am excited. hopefully the damn German costum guys are not gonna tax this one game worth less than 10 euros. It's not the taxes I am worried about more the fact that i would have to pick it up somewhere else.

LeRoy on
    Mario Stürmer Aufgeladen Fußball:
    Friend Code 064 526 171 784
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    redfield85 wrote: »

It's Ouendan 2, not EBA2.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ronzo wrote: »
    I kinda want DJ MAX 2, but i sucked so hard at the demo. I cant get past the second section in the demo. Has anyone here played the demo and the actual game, and can compare the two. I like the idea, style and songs, Its just too fucking difficult for me to enjoy, demo wise

Probabl going to just get Jump! Ultimate Stars instead
    DJMP2 is pretty brutal, but there is a 4-key mode that's easier. The song in the demo is a 5-key level 5 or 6 song, I believe. Songs go from level 2 to 13. You can also adjust the key configurations; I like having Fever set to the R trigger, so that way I don't have to reach down to the X button.

There are 4-, 5-, 6- and 8-key modes. I literally just unlocked 8-key mode yesterday, and my DJ is level 40 and I've been playing the game virtually nonstop for a month and change. D:

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    AlphaTwo wrote: »
    Lunker: Soundvoyeger? I just don't see the appeal. Dialhex, however, should be right on the list.

Soundvoyager is by far my favorite Bit Generations game.

bruin on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    AlphaTwo wrote: »

Soundvoyager is by far my favorite Bit Generations game.
    How does Dialhex work? I haven't heard much about it; the only ones I really hear about are Dotstream and Orbital, and I only peripherally know of Soundvoyager but what little I've heard was enough to seal the deal for me.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
    edited July 2007

It's Ouendan 2, not EBA2.

I know I know. Me sorry.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • LeRoyLeRoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dialhex is already describing how to play it.
    dialele[greek]: thinking in a circular way resulting in an error ( and yes I looked that up)
    hexagon[greek]: thingy made of 6 parts.

Its a puzzle game where you move a dial over a field with different colored rectales. By turning the dial you move 6 of them around in a circle. When 6 of them inside the dial are the same color they disapear.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RhB4Fm88QmE view.

LeRoy on
    Mario Stürmer Aufgeladen Fußball:
    Friend Code 064 526 171 784
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    While I'm not planning to buy anything from this sale:

I thoroughly recommend Jump Ultimate Stars over JSS and hope to see you over the wireless soon.

(There is no reason to purchase the original game, great as it is, with JUS out).

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    LeRoy wrote: »
    dialele[greek]: thinking in a circular way resulting in an error ( and yes I looked that up)

Its a puzzle game where you move a dial over a field with different colored rectales. By turning the dial you move 6 of them around in a circle. When 6 of them inside the dial are the same color they disapear.

Isn't this just Hexic?

setrajonas on
  • YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Alternatively, note that at a diff. site, Yesasia.com, they have a $5 off coupon code for orders over $30.
    How to redeem your US$5 Coupon
    Simply enter the coupon code "US" during the checkout process, and you will save US$5 off any purchase over US$30. This coupon expires July 31, 2007, so don't wait too long!
    Note that there is free international shipping for orders over $25.
    Thanks! Play-Asia had sold out of their cheap Ouendan 2 stock, so I got it at YesAsia for an only-slightly-worse $40. Time for some more rhythm game bliss.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited July 2007
    For Jump Ultimate Stars, if I get it will it hurt me a lot if I don't know any Japanese? I mean, I am sure it will, but will I be ok following a walkthrough? Or would you recommend using action replay to unlock everything?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm actually somewhat disappointed that I had to remove referral links from a couple of veteran G&Ters' posts. You guys should know better--those are against the rules here, unless they're in your sig.

Shame on you. :evil:

Captain K on
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    For Jump Ultimate Stars, if I get it will it hurt me a lot if I don't know any Japanese? I mean, I am sure it will, but will I be ok following a walkthrough? Or would you recommend using action replay to unlock everything?

You'll be fine. There's a good walkthrough on gameFAQs. I don't know any Japanese and I made it through the single player mode just fine.

It helps if you're able to recognize the different anime characters by their pictures or the logos for their series; the stages are planets based on each series and the walkthrough assumes some knowledge of the anime. I don't really know much beyond One Piece and Death Note, so I struggled a little bit figuring out which planets were with which series, but wikipedia was a good help there.

elevature on
  • VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Crackdown for 20€ and region-free, so nice when it costs 60€ in most stores.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I went ahead and ordered Taiko no Tatsujin: Appare Sandaime as well as the Anime Matsuri one.

Dammit, these sales kill me. I need to pay bills, you know. :P

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    LeRoy wrote: »

Man, this game, Orbital, and SoundVoyager are all games I want, badly.

edit: however, I'm broke. Does anyone know of some free games for the PC that are similar in style to these?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dialhex basically is Hexic but with falling blocks instead of a grid full of blocks to start with. It's alright, but nothing spectacular. I own all the BG games except Boundish (supposed to suck) and Coloris (always sold out when I want to order it), and I'd say Soundvoyager (just fucking buy it, one of the coolest games I've played), Digidrive (hard to explain, but a really neat and original puzzle game), and Boundish (2D Katamari in space with a couple twists) I would recommend to anyone. Dialhex is just kind of simple and never really grabbed me, and while Dotstream is the prettiest game of the bunch (and maybe worth getting just for that), I never thought much of the gameplay mechanics.

bruin on
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Some of the deals that caught my eye:

PC - Titan Quest + Immortal Throne Expansion Combo Pack (Asian edition, but all in English - I bought the main game in Taiwan and it's worked fine for me) for $24
    PC - Chinese language version of Legend of Heroes 6 (good solid traditional JRPG by the makers of Ys) $20
    PC - Chinese language version of Sakura Taisen IV $20
    360 - Japanese version (but in English) of Perfect Dark Zero for $10
    360 - Japanese language version of Blue Dragon for $12 (so cheap because of the Chinese/English dual language version)
    360 - Shadowrun (Chinese/English dual language version) for $36
    PS2 - Dirge of Cerberus (Japanese) $10
    GC - Nintendo Puzzle Collection (Japanese) $12

Note, everything listed here except for the PC games are region locked. Ah, it's fun to have an Asian XBox 360 sometimes. :)

RainbowDespair on
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just noticed they sell Sega Saturn games.

My moneys are disappearing as we speak.

Edit: Damn, the sale was too early to get 20% off the PC version of MB: Act Cadenza Ver B. :(

Suriko on
    edited July 2007
    Well, I have done it. Ultimate Jump is mine. Can't wait to play it.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Good choice. once you've gotten it figured out we should start a game on thread, I'd like to play it with some north american players.

elevature on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    elevature wrote: »

Good choice. once you've gotten it figured out we should start a game on thread, I'd like to play it with some north american players.

I agree. i cant wait to play it

ronzo on
  • MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This is literally the fourth time my credit card has been declined in the past month.

It's a debit/credit card, and now Play-Asia has declined it, not specifying why, when I have $150 sitting in my checking account. I just ordered lunch from a pizza place by my house today, so I know it's working, but for some reason, it'll choose random places to decide to decline my card. Wendy's, Borders, Wawa--it's done them all.

I had to pay through PayPal, but that's attached directly to my credit card, so it really makes no difference, does it? Still, it bothers me that I can't count on my credit card working 100% of the time, especially since ATMs are hard to come by near where I work.

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Have you called your bank about it?

setrajonas on
    edited July 2007
    ronzo wrote: »
    elevature wrote: »

I agree. i cant wait to play it

I saw a video of a guy using a Blue Eyes White Dragon (yugioh) as an assist. Can you use any Yugioh characters as your battler?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png