As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Play-Asia 20% off sale over, let's talk about our purchases

• MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    setrajonas wrote: »
    Have you called your bank about it?

Yup, this is a brand new card they issued me after my first card was declined in a bunch of places. I really don't know what to do.

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Yup, this is a brand new card they issued me after my first card was declined in a bunch of places. I really don't know what to do.

If its a debit card with a visa logo on it that means it can be used like a credit card that is attacted to your checking account, I would not be surprised. I got my debit card in July of 06, and was able to use it for many overseas transactions, like lik-sang, or paying for eve. One month, eve could not use my card, saying the bank declined it. It turned out that my bank had banned all overseas transaction on debit cards due to fraud.

ronzo on
  • ReaverbotReaverbot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    redfield85 wrote: »
    ronzo wrote: »
    elevature wrote: »
    Well, I have done it. Ultimate Jump is mine. Can't wait to play it.

Good choice. once you've gotten it figured out we should start a game on thread, I'd like to play it with some north american players.

I agree. i cant wait to play it

I saw a video of a guy using a Blue Eyes White Dragon (yugioh) as an assist. Can you use any Yugioh characters as your battler?

Yugi is the only playable character and Kaiba is the only support character from that series.

Reaverbot on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Reaverbot wrote: »

Good choice. once you've gotten it figured out we should start a game on thread, I'd like to play it with some north american players.

I saw a video of a guy using a Blue Eyes White Dragon (yugioh) as an assist. Can you use any Yugioh characters as your battler?

Yugi is the only playable character and Kaiba is the only support character from that series.

Thanks. I just found out right before you posted. Still good though. I will probably use him cause I am a sucker. :lol:

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

If its a debit card with a visa logo on it that means it can be used like a credit card that is attacted to your checking account, I would not be surprised. I got my debit card in July of 06, and was able to use it for many overseas transactions, like lik-sang, or paying for eve. One month, eve could not use my card, saying the bank declined it. It turned out that my bank had banned all overseas transaction on debit cards due to fraud.

Interesting. I'll have to speak with them next time I stop in. Thanks for the insight.

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Captain K wrote: »
    I'm actually somewhat disappointed that I had to remove referral links from a couple of veteran G&Ters' posts. You guys should know better--those are against the rules here, unless they're in your sig.

Shame on you. :evil:

Is there any point in me making a thread in Tube's Circus discussing this rule?

as far as I understand it, the rule is there to protect the forum from spam posts/threads, but I think that it would be beneficial to allow people to post referal links as long as they meet these conditions -

1. It is relavent to the thread
    2. It is actually usefull (ie not just "you can preorder this game at rrp here")
    3. The poster stats that it is a referal link
    4. A non-referal alternative link is provided

LewieP on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't know, I personally find the referral links irritating even when they're in sigs. It's like you're holding out your cyberhat and mewling, "Alms for the poor?"

...anyway. How long does Air Economy from Hong Kong usually take? Play-Asia says my order shipped a couple days ago. I'm guessing it'll be at least a week. I think last time it was more like two, but I don't remember what kind of shipping I got.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm hoping it takes about a week since I ordered Blue Dragon today and next week both my wife and my parents will be out of town and my parents said that I could use their place and they just happen to have a very high quality 48" HDTV. But yeah, chances are it'll end up taking about a week and a half or two weeks.

RainbowDespair on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Reaverbot wrote: »

Thanks. I just found out right before you posted. Still good though. I will probably use him cause I am a sucker. :lol:

Yugi is a pain in the ass to play, at least for me. While he does have a ton of moves which I guess are from the comics (Kuribo, Elf Knight, Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, fiery guy, Blue-Eyes, Exodia, so on...), his supers take an absolutely ridiculous time to pull off--which, come to think of it, is just like the TV show amirite?!

I guess that proper term is that, as a wisdom-type, he's 'technical'.

(I will gladly participate in Game On.)

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't know, I personally find the referral links irritating even when they're in sigs. It's like you're holding out your cyberhat and mewling, "Alms for the poor?"

...anyway. How long does Air Economy from Hong Kong usually take? Play-Asia says my order shipped a couple days ago. I'm guessing it'll be at least a week. I think last time it was more like two, but I don't remember what kind of shipping I got.
    To North America, it's typically 1.5 Weeks to 2.

AlphaTwo on
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    I'm actually somewhat disappointed that I had to remove referral links from a couple of veteran G&Ters' posts. You guys should know better--those are against the rules here, unless they're in your sig.

as far as I understand it, the rule is there to protect the forum from spam posts/threads, but I think that it would be beneficial to allow people to post referal links as long as they meet these conditions -

2. It is actually usefull (ie not just "you can preorder this game at rrp here")
    If you're asking "is there any point" but meaning "is there any chance whatsoever that the rule will be changed", then no, there's not really any point. But you're welcome to do it.

Captain K on
    edited July 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

If you're asking "is there any point" but meaning "is there any chance whatsoever that the rule will be changed", then no, there's not really any point. But you're welcome to do it.

I guessed as much. Hell, I'll make the thread anyway, even if the only result of it is getting a better understanding of why the rule exists.

LewieP on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sad cuz I waited too long to get Ouendan 2.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    AlphaTwo wrote: »

To North America, it's typically 1.5 Weeks to 2.
    It's very random; I haven't gotten my order yet (I bought Soundvoyager about an hour after I made this post!), but other times I've gotten stuff in less than a week. I'm in NJ.

So today's the last day, folks! Buy your wacky weeaboo gaming gear before it's gone!

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ummm

I got my GoW

my 360 isn't here yet however

Is there any way to tell the Asian version from the Japanese version? Mine only says NTSC-J.

Also "made in singapore" if that makes a difference.

Faricazy on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hmmm, the manual lists contact numbers for Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong, so I guess I'm good.

Wonder why it only says NTSC-J though.

Faricazy on
    edited July 2007
    I ended up grabbing a second Dual Shock control, finally my godawful 3rd party one can be put out to pasture.

LewieP on
  • LeRoyLeRoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    still waiting for my shipment. Its still under the 10 day maximum they said on the website but I am used to one week max from my old importsite:dvdboxoffice. I hope that its just the difference between shipping from canada to shipping from hongkong.

LeRoy on
    Mario Stürmer Aufgeladen Fußball:
    Friend Code 064 526 171 784
    edited July 2007
    LeRoy wrote: »
    still waiting for my shipment. Its still under the 10 day maximum they said on the website but I am used to one week max from my old importsite:dvdboxoffice. I hope that its just the difference between shipping from canada to shipping from hongkong.

They also probably got a huge influx of orders due to the sale.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • AkatsukiAkatsuki Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    WHY AM I POOR?
    WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Akatsuki on
    Preacher wrote:
    ...my inner weaboo can kawaii all over this desu.

Pokémon HGSS: 1205 1613 4041
    edited July 2007
    Akatsuki wrote: »
    WHY AM I POOR?
    WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Have you thought about getting a job

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited July 2007
    and now it is shipped. That was fast.

LewieP on
    edited July 2007
    Ha, I got my copy of Soundvoyager yesterday. I love NYC! :) The game is really trippy and fun -- so Rez-like.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
    edited July 2007
    LeRoy wrote: »

Do what I am doing. Just forget that you ordered it and when it does comes, it will be like Christmas.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Woo. I got DJ Max Portable 2 today. Ordered and was shipped last Friday.

It is awesome.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Legacy wrote: »
    Woo. I got DJ Max Portable 2 today. Ordered and was shipped last Friday.

It is awesome.

I have to say, the DJ Max Portable games are the number one tempting reason for me to get a PSP.

DarkPrimus on
    usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My copy of Jump Ultimate Stars came in Saturday. Holy freaking hell this game is great. When I heard it was a card battler I thought the whole game was controlled by choosing cards to dictate what you do. I learned pretty quickly komas just determine who you play as and what sort of help you have. I want to take a closer look at a FAQ and actually figure out a decent deck, but I'm having way too much fun just beating the snot out of little anime people.

The only characters I know are the DBZ ones. I guess I better start studying names and faces so I can understand who's being talked about in this FAQ.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png
  • mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bullio wrote: »
    My copy of Jump Ultimate Stars came in Saturday. Holy freaking hell this game is great. When I heard it was a card battler I thought the whole game was controlled by choosing cards to dictate what you do. I learned pretty quickly komas just determine who you play as and what sort of help you have. I want to take a closer look at a FAQ and actually figure out a decent deck, but I'm having way too much fun just beating the snot out of little anime people.

The only characters I know are the DBZ ones. I guess I better start studying names and faces so I can understand who's being talked about in this FAQ.
    When I got Jump Super Stars, I started watching Naruto and Bleach just so I would know who more of the characters are. I turned into a fan of both of them pretty quick. D:

mntorankusu on
    edited July 2007
    Let the Game On commence, says I.

I feel bad playing Japanese players. It's all laggy. Mostly for me.

tuxkamen on

Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
  • rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wait wait wait. JUS for 30 bucks? I bought it for 50 just a few months ago!

rayofash on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Lunker, how far are you into DJMP2? Is the song used during the end of a regular playthrough(when it shows the DJMP2 logo and it's all red and whatnot) unlockable in the game? Or in the game somewhere?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
    edited July 2007
    it's a shame play-asia don't ship psp/ps3 stuff to EU any more. I would probably have bought a few PSP games for when I eventually get a PSP (either when it gets cheap of when I get rich, which ever happens first)
    it'll get cheap first :(

LewieP on
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    EDIT: Nevermind. I'm a moron.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    edited July 2007
    Legacy wrote: »
    Lunker, how far are you into DJMP2? Is the song used during the end of a regular playthrough(when it shows the DJMP2 logo and it's all red and whatnot) unlockable in the game? Or in the game somewhere?
    I'm pretty sure it's not, and and neither is the official end credit song (the one you can actually play along with, something with "Miracle" in the title). You can only play it by playing through the regular mode and scoring an average of above 96%, IIRC.

I'm at ... level 40 or so, I believe, and I just unlocked the 8-key mode a week or two ago. D: It's an immensely large game. The most I can handle is 6-key songs at level 9-10 difficulty or so; anything over that starts to overload my brain. GameFAQs has a few snippets of the unlockables and stuff you can get, and they mostly involve either regular level increments (hit level 10, hit level 20, etc.) or absurdly large chain totals in Free Play (Cherokee, one of my favorite songs, you unlock by hitting a max chain of over 8000, I think).
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    I have to say, the DJ Max Portable games are the number one tempting reason for me to get a PSP.
    They are so, so sexy. I love DJMP2, and I'll likely pick up the first one after the holiday season clears out. The best part, IMO, is the experience/gold system, because it helps drive you forward to replay the songs over and over again.

Lunker on
    edited July 2007
    My Jump Ultimate Stars came Monday. I am gonna pick it up from home on Thursday. Hopefully I will play some before I keep up my pokemon training.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My order came in today, 9 days after I placed it.

Ouendan 2 is most excellent. Better than EBA and Ouendan already. It seems harder, too.

Man of the Waves on
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And my copy of Blue Dragon is here, also 9 days after I placed it (8 after it shipped). Looking forward to playing it tonight.

RainbowDespair on
    edited July 2007
    Once a few more people get their JUS in, I'm going to either necro the old Game On thread or start a new one.

tuxkamen on

• setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    woohoo, ouendan 2 is in. hopefully I'll be getting rhythm tengoku soon as well.

setrajonas on
    edited July 2007
    My stuff came in yesterday.

Ouendan 2 is somewhat disappointing. It's not a bad game by any means, but I find it to be inferior to both the first game and EBA.

Orbital is a lot of fun. I just wish there were more levels; judging by the menus, I think there's only 30 (and they're really short).

I haven't listened to my Riviera or Metroid Prime/Fusion soundtracks yet. I kinda wish I hadn't gotten the Riviera one; apparently "perfect audio collection" just means it has the soundtracks of all three versions of the game. :?

Target Practice on
    sig.gif