As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Play-Asia 20% off sale over, let's talk about our purchases

124»

• RonenRonen Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My stuff came in yesterday.

Ouendan 2 is somewhat disappointing. It's not a bad game by any means, but I find it to be inferior to both the first game and EBA.

Orbital is a lot of fun. I just wish there were more levels; judging by the menus, I think there's only 30 (and they're really short).

I haven't listened to my Riviera or Metroid Prime/Fusion soundtracks yet. I kinda wish I hadn't gotten the Riviera one; apparently "perfect audio collection" just means it has the soundtracks of all three versions of the game. :?

I felt the same way about Ouendan 2 until I got to the final song.
    The first final song, that is. Countdown. The split second the Ouendan yelled, "IKUZU!" and the metal started, my brain switched over to "Well, it's officially better than Ouendan 1 and EBA.

I haven't looked back since; I love Ouendan 2 much more than EBA and Ouendan 1 now. There are more songs I like to replay more often in O2 than O1, and I just like Ouendan conceptually better than EBA (cheer squad fits better, to me, than singing, dancing secret agents).

I didn't buy anything from this sale, but I completed my BitGenerations collection during the previous one. Orbital is awesome and Soundvoyager is incredibly trippy. Those and Coloris rotate in and out of my Micro, which is kept on me at all times.

Edit: As for the Metroid Prime/Fusion soundtrack, I picked it up at a convention shortly after they came out. Incredibly awesome. Worth the price of admission for the art in the center of the booklet alone (Samus/Ridley).

My biggest regret about my last relationship (and there are a lot) was that I gave the booklet to my girlfriend at the time so she could paint that picture for me. We broke up and she never gave it back. My Prime/Fusion soundtrack sits there, naked and wilted.

Hate.

Ronen on
    Go play MOTHER3

or Brawl. 4854.6102.3895 Name: NU..
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My stuff came in yesterday.

Ouendan 2 is somewhat disappointing. It's not a bad game by any means, but I find it to be inferior to both the first game and EBA.

How so?

The graphics look quite a bit cleaner this time around, it has all the features from EBA (such as skippable intros), and the song list sounds almost as good as the first.

All the bit Generation games I was interested in were sold out by the time I ordered, so I still have yet to try any of them.

Man of the Waves on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ouendan 2 is somewhat underwhelming on the Normal mode, IMO, but once you hit Hard it reaches stride and never slows down. The note patterns are by far the best in the series -- immensely challenging but fun and well-matched to the songs, which is really key for rhythm games. Plus, all three bonus songs (which you typically don't unlock in the Normal mode) are pure solid gold.

It's also my favorite of the series now in terms of overall tracklist and diversity.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yea, I basically played it non-stop all of yesterday. Definitely worth the purchase.

setrajonas on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My dual shock 2 arrived today.

My Mini review -
    It is an official PS2 controller. It has rumble, quality thumbsticks, average button placement, it's way better than the crappy 3rd party pad I had.

No voice acting.

2.5/10

LewieP on
    edited July 2007
    I meta-review your mini review:

short and to the point + ironic complaint + jab at ratings system

hi5

setrajonas on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    Once a few more people get their JUS in, I'm going to either necro the old Game On thread or start a new one.

I picked mine up yesterday, I couldn't wait. I played it today at work and my god I love this game. I need to unlock some Yugioh stuff and I will be happy.

Also, not gonna lie, seeing characters from other series makes me wanna watch those shows too. Atleast just to see what characters I like.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • LeRoyLeRoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My Dialhex still hasn't arrived.
    Either someone is stealing my mail or self-proclaimed "World Leader in Logistics" Deutsche Post AG is taking longer to deliver than US or UK mail service.

LeRoy on
    Mario Stürmer Aufgeladen Fußball:
    Friend Code 064 526 171 784
    edited July 2007
    So when is this UJS thread start/revival? I am so ready to beat some behinds. (I am still on the first 9 worlds though heh)

I was browsing crappy ass gamefaqs and I came across someone talking about banned cards (or komis or whatever they are called). Is that like pokemon and legendaries? Just unfair to use and not fun?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I got Ouendan 2 and a set of Wii Component Cables. I'm happy with how I made out. Too bad the Canadian Customs charged me out the ass to actually get my stuff.

SirUltimos on
  • HallucinogenHallucinogen Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I know the sale has ended, but if anyone is going to be buying from PlayAsia before August 31st, pm me. I have a coupon I know I'll never use before then, for $5 bucks off(USD).

Hallucinogen on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    redfield85 wrote: »
    So when is this UJS thread start/revival? I am so ready to beat some behinds. (I am still on the first 9 worlds though heh)

I was browsing crappy ass gamefaqs and I came across someone talking about banned cards (or komis or whatever they are called). Is that like pokemon and legendaries? Just unfair to use and not fun?

Well, some things are overused (8-koma Ichigo, for example), and then some things are powerful to the point of crazy (Seiya's 3-koma/Trunks 3-koma cheese, a few other things). I personally don't care about any of that that much.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • LeRoyLeRoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My Dialhex came and I am truly sadisfied with my purchase. This puzzle is as captivating as Tetris and a very tought out concept.
    I even got better with more playing time so a really nice learning curve.
    And all this with geeky factor that it was released in JP only. All this for just 10.70 Euro.
    So write it up on your shopping list!

LeRoy on
    Mario Stürmer Aufgeladen Fußball:
    Friend Code 064 526 171 784
    edited July 2007
    Rhythm Tengoku came in today. It is hilariously insane, definitely awesome so far.

setrajonas on
  • ReaverbotReaverbot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Well, some things are overused (8-koma Ichigo, for example), and then some things are powerful to the point of crazy (Seiya's 3-koma/Trunks 3-koma cheese, a few other things). I personally don't care about any of that that much.

I found Seiya to be quite helpful while playing the story mode but I'd rather use the space for healing support koma's instead.

Reaverbot on
    edited July 2007
    Reaverbot wrote: »

I found Seiya to be quite helpful while playing the story mode but I'd rather use the space for healing support koma's instead.

So all this talk about UJS, game on thread soon? I am still unlocking stuff, but I am battle ready whenever. I am gonna be home for a few days and if there is no game on thread, I'll get one going I guess.

P.S. After hearing that Trunks 3-koma assist was cheap, I stopped using it. I like Trunks. :x

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    My dual shock 2 arrived today.

My Mini review -
    It is an official PS2 controller. It has rumble, quality thumbsticks, average button placement, it's way better than the crappy 3rd party pad I had.

No voice acting.

2.5/10
    After mucking around with Twilight Princess coming back to the DualShock is such a pain. Those sticks feel so imprecise and loose...

Glal on
  • 12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, I got

Kuru Kururin Paradise - fun game, hard as balls (at least for me, trying to pass every level with a star), I have no clue what the story is about, but it is the closest thing I can get to portable "On the Ball", so I am cool with that

Digidrive - awesome game, I love it, would buy again.

12gauge on
    davidoc0.jpg
  • VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Crackdown is fun, 20€ fun. Not 60€ fun.
    I've got the usual 5$ reduction coupon, if anyone wants it send me a PM. I can't see myself importing anything before the 3rd of September.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'd make this Ultimate Stars thread but I wouldn't have the time to update it. I've been playing over wifi in random games the last couple of days and almost without exception there seems to be two kinds of games. The first involves someone using Sena to freeze you in place and proceeding to beat the everloving shit out of you, frequently within 10 seconds of the game starting and the other with a group of people standing around blocking till sudden death hits and proceeding to block through that also to farm gems.

I take incredible amounts of pleasure in using Sasuke's guard breaking X move when they're standing on the edge and killing them right before time is up in SD.

So far though, I'm liking Sasuke and Kakashi for multi, since they're fairly speedy but they tend to fall to the side when you're in a group of people who are actually fighting. Any suggestions for characters who tend to be handier for fighting in packs of people? Luffy isn't too bad but the recovery for some of his better moves is a bit too slow. Yusuke I don't mind too much but I've seen a lot of those two guys from the same show, the huge blue guy and gold guy that have specials that can clear an entire platform by itself.

Another question was the komas that generally are considered banned. I know Trunks 3 and Sena 3 from Eyeshield, but which is the third one? I'm thinking its that guy with the white hair that shoots shards of blue energy everywhere but wasn't sure.

Kelor on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Seiya's support is ridiculous too, but honestly I don't care what you use. It's not like snaking.

I will, I guess, make the JUS thread either tonight or tomorrow evening.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770