Options

Video Game Sales Numbers! Zack is my bishie.

1575859606163»

• Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I keep telling you people not to sleep on Mario and Sonic.

It's Wii Sports 2 plus the combined brand powers of Mario and Sonic. It could sell a lot, a LOT of copies.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    I keep telling you people not to sleep on Mario and Sonic.

It's Wii Sports 2 plus the combined brand powers of Mario and Sonic. It could sell a lot, a LOT of copies.
    You may be right. I guess I'm just skeptical because from its announcement it seems like a quick way to make some money. But I haven't heard anything about the actual game play. I see now that it's one of two officially licensed Olympics videogames (the other also made by Sega) so perhaps it'll be alright. And the Christmas release will definitely be a big boost based on name recognition. I still think 4 million is too high but now I'll be less surprised if it does happen.

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Jesus Christ you guys will argue about anything in this thread. You should rename it "The Video Games Sales Numbers Thread! Now with less sales and more arguing!"

urahonky on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nah. We should call it 'The video Games Sales Numbers thread! Now with fewer sales and more arguing!'

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Nah. We should call it 'The video Games Sales Numbers thread! Now with fewer sales and more arguing!'

Yours has a better ring to it!

urahonky on
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    Jesus Christ you guys will argue about anything in this thread. You should rename it "The Video Games Sales Numbers Thread! Now with less sales and more arguing!"
    This is the internet. If you're not arguing you're doing it wrong. ;-)

toxk_02 on
    OTP.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    toxk_02 wrote: »
    This is the internet. If you're not arguing you're doing it wrong. ;-)

Yeah I know. But it's a trait that's following me to the real world. I find myself arguing about stupid bullshit in teh real place now.

DAMN YOU INTERNETS!!!

urahonky on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    titmouse wrote: »
    http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=135708
    "The original PlayStation lasted 10 years -- a tremendous innovation when other platforms died and were all but forgotten," Tretton told us in a recent interview. "The same thing is going on with the PS2, and I think that will be the case with the PS3."

He went on to say, "I don't think we expected nor we need to capture the lifecycle of the PS3 in the first nine months. We want to build evangelists, one consumer at a time, and it involves sacrificing in the short term before paying off in the long term."
    :rotate:

In other words, those not expecting a PS4 until 2016 are really silly.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

no it doesn't, you are wrong.

LewieP on
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    blue dragon has sold 100k in japan

there are like 120k 360s in japan total

How the heck do you get that sort of number?

The LTD of the X360 in Japan is, according the Media-Create, 408, 589.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    ...What?

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    New Thread Tiem?

KiTA on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

no u

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

no u

I hate you, and I hate the bands you like!

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/1486b68a-6888-11dc-b475-0000779fd2ac.html
    Square Enix, one of Japan’s leading video games publishers, is hunting a partner in the US and Europe to help raise overseas sales to 50 per cent of overall revenues within three years.

Michihiro Sasaki, senior vice-president, told the Financial Times it was imperative that the games maker increase its share of the US gaming market, the world’s fastest-growing, to counterbalance stagnant demand in Japan.

“We need to seek co-operation with a US publisher – we need local content,” Mr Sasaki said at the Tokyo Game Show. “Our strength is in role-playing games and fantasy titles, so it is a bit difficult to appeal to the US market.”

Only 10 to 20 per cent of Square Enix’s revenues came from overseas markets, he said. “Within two to three years we want to make it half.”

Square Enix is known for its popular Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest franchises but Mr Sasaki said American audiences preferred action-type games.

The company is also trying to strengthen its presence in online games, where operating margins are often as high as 40 per cent compared with 20 to 30 per cent for traditional packaged media.

Square Enix, a third-party publisher, makes video games for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft. It has had very strong links with Sony and produced many games exclusively for the Play*Station 2.

But Nintendo’s Wii and DS handheld games players have leapfrogged Sony’s console in global sales, and Square Enix is aggressively creating titles for the Kyoto-based company.

Mr Sasaki credited Nintendo with helping expand the $30bn global games industry by creating a new “casual gaming” audience of women, children and older people. Square Enix was a “little worried” about the lacklustre performance of Sony’s PlayStation 3 console, he said.
    It makes sense as they have nowhere else to go in Japan other than down. I just hope they don't release any crap that is designed to attract western gamers by making it superficially similar to the more popular western games.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Square had a similar publisher agreement with EA back in the late 90's. It didn't work out soo well.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    MarlorMarlor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    It makes sense as they have nowhere else to go in Japan other than down. I just hope they don't release any crap that is designed to attract western gamers by making it superficially similar to the more popular western games.

You can bet they will.

They will say "western gamers like violent FPSes... let's make one". Then they will make a mediocre FPS, which will have average sales, and they will throw their hands up in the air and say "we really don't understand these crazy western gamers".

Marlor on
    Mario Kart Wii: 1332-8060-5236 (Aaron)
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    On the other hand, if this results in more action-RPGs that's a good thing.

jothki on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Marlor wrote: »

You can bet they will.

They will say "western gamers like violent FPSes... let's make one". Then they will make a mediocre FPS, which will have average sales, and they will throw their hands up in the air and say "we really don't understand these crazy western gamers".

Well, a bunch of people are going to line up in a few days for a mediocre FPS, so maybe they'll get lucky too.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    MarlorMarlor Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, a bunch of people are going to line up in a few days for a mediocre FPS, so maybe they'll get lucky too.

:lol:

Marlor on
    Mario Kart Wii: 1332-8060-5236 (Aaron)
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    KiTA wrote: »
    New Thread Tiem?

Gimme moment.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts