Options

Video Game Sales Numbers! Zack is my bishie.

145791063

Posts

  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Does anyone really care too much about sales when the DS is practically becoming a common household item at this point?

    I still find the sales interesting. It really might become the best selling system ever.

    You mean the Wii or the DS?

    DS has a pretty good chance. Wii I think will plateau before it reaches DS levels of sales (sales will still be astronomical but Ds is just so much more higher)

    The DS is getting real close to the PS2's LTD number in Japan, and it still hasn't had a major price drop. The DS will explode in the US and Europe when it goes down to $99.

    The DS will beat the PS2 at this rate.

    Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    bruin wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Does anyone really care too much about sales when the DS is practically becoming a common household item at this point?

    I still find the sales interesting. It really might become the best selling system ever.

    You mean the Wii or the DS?

    DS has a pretty good chance. Wii I think will plateau before it reaches DS levels of sales (sales will still be astronomical but Ds is just so much more higher)

    The DS is getting real close to the PS2's LTD number in Japan, and it still hasn't had a major price drop. The DS will explode in the US and Europe when it goes down to $99.

    The DS will beat the PS2 at this rate.

    That and it's actually the fastest selling system ever in Europe (to 10 million) and by far in Japan (to 15 million).

    bruin on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    slash000 wrote: »
    slash000 wrote: »
    I really didn't expect the Wii to eclipse the 360's sales within 2007. I'm very interested to see how next month's worldwide charts look.

    It's gonna happen next month. 360 may rally back into the lead in October depending on how many 360's Halo sells, but if the Wii keeps current production and sales it will probably have a permanent lead by this Christmas.



    Yeah, it's still a tough call for me, mostly because I expect Halo's release to really push a lot of systems.

    Still.. the Wii continues to surprise. Halo 3 will be 'preempted' by Metroid, although Metroid isn't a huge system seller. But Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros Brawl in November/December, I should think, would counteract any amount of Halo 3 advantage.


    So here's my guess: Wii/360 sales will tie up next month, but then the following month the 360 will pull ahead with the release of Halo 3, and then once Mario Galaxy and then Smash Bros come out, the Wii will pull ahead of the 360 by the end of the year.

    After that point, I don't think the 360 will be able to catch up again.

    Mass Effect effect?

    Mass Effect will probably be a great game but it just doesn't have the console moving effect that a Halo 3, GTA IV, Brawl, or Mario has. Hell Gears of War only caused a small blip on 360 sales the week it came out, the big thing that moved 360's last year were Black Friday sales on Core units and people not finding PS3's and Wiis.

    Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2007
    I was telling people back in September (in System Wars where this shit matters) that the Wii would win. I was ridiculed.

    Now I grave-bump the thread whenever I need to a good laugh.

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, look at that spike of 360 sales coinciding with the Wii coming out.

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    I was telling people back in September (in System Wars where this shit matters) that the Wii would win. I was ridiculed.

    Now I grave-bump the thread whenever I need to a good laugh.

    Good man, fighting the good fight. You put your sanity against the biggest test it will ever take, and you made it out untouched.

    I haven't been to system wars in years, but I can't imagine it's changed much.

    Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I forgot about GTA IV. That's another big one in the 360's corner. I guess I forgot about it since it's also getting a PS3 release.. but honestly, I think it'll be more significant to 360 sales due to the fact that, as a system seller, I would expect more people to shell out for the less expensive system. Especially when they can also get Halo on it.


    Mass Effect looks awesome, but I don't expect it to move systems. Just like Metroid Prime 3. These are great games, they just won't move units on their own, like Halo or Mario Galaxy.



    As for sales spiking in Nov/Dec, well, those are the sales days and holidays, where sales for consoles always make their biggest spikes. Gears of War came out in November, and probably aided in the 360's spike, but it's impossible to tell how much impact that game had on initial 360 sales at its release since it coincided with the sales/holiday season and alongside the launch of 2 other systems. Gears is definitely a system seller, it just would've been cool to be able to see the effect it had.

    slash000 on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    why am i supposed to care about japanese sales figures again?

    oh, because they make nintendo look better than if they were american numbers, right

    my bad

    Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    why am i supposed to care about japanese sales figures again?

    oh, because they make nintendo look better than if they were american numbers, right

    my bad

    WHY.gif

    bruin on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    why am i supposed to care about japanese sales figures again?

    oh, because they make nintendo look better than if they were american numbers, right

    my bad

    If you want we can show you American sales figures.

    Which still make Nintendo look better.

    Will that make you feel better.

    PS: NPD is American numbers.

    Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    why am i supposed to care about japanese sales figures again?

    oh, because they make nintendo look better than if they were american numbers, right

    my bad

    Why care about any sales figures? I really don't get your point though. The 360 not selling there at all is what will "doom" it to second place status.

    Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Rygar wrote: »
    I was telling people back in September (in System Wars where this shit matters) that the Wii would win. I was ridiculed.

    Now I grave-bump the thread whenever I need to a good laugh.

    Good man, fighting the good fight. You put your sanity against the biggest test it will ever take, and you made it out untouched.

    I haven't been to system wars in years, but I can't imagine it's changed much.

    It hasn't.
    If the PS3 was $250 no one would even know what a Wii was.
    why am i supposed to care about japanese sales figures again?
    Because that is where several of the largest game developers are located?
    oh, because they make nintendo look better than if they were american numbers, right
    The NPD numbers are doing a good enough job of making Nintendo look good. The Wii outsold the competition's combined sales.

    Couscous on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    why am i supposed to care about japanese sales figures again?

    oh, because they make nintendo look better than if they were american numbers, right

    my bad



    Because Japanese developers put an unusual amount of emphasis on Japanese sales figures, and since we here in America enjoy games from these developers, good numbers for Wii figures in JPN mean that we'll probably start seeing great new games from JPN developers for the system.

    That's why.


    Plus, it's interesting to see how well each system does in each region of the world, as well as collectively.



    Furthermore, US numbers are just as impressive as the JPN numbers, considering the market. The fact that the Wii is catching up to 360 numbers worldwide is no small feat.

    slash000 on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The Japanese market was in decline before Wii and DS came along. Now the PSP, the PS2 and to an extent the PS3 are hitching a ride on the wave of renewed interest in gaming.

    Still, Europe and America are the biggest markets I think. It may be an equal 3 way split between Japan/US/EU but the emphasis is always on the Japanese market because thats the roots of gaming as it were. Just like how Famitsu is a revered gaming review mag when really, who reads it regularly anyways. Shit, who reads print gaming journalism in large numbers anymore?

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wrong thread, nice. Anyways. Japan sales are also nice because they are the only ones that are for all intents and purposes, complete.

    Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shit, I knew I should have gone Yoshi...

    Anyways, sounds like he now has a rocket jump. Nice.

    PAX?

    bruin on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2007
    Ahah, this is totally my new signature:

    jptvcum1.jpg

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    Shit, I knew I should have gone Yoshi...

    Anyways, sounds like he now has a rocket jump. Nice.

    PAX?

    What are you talking about? In no way did I click on the wrong thread and post that... :roll:

    Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    The Japanese market was in decline before Wii and DS came along. Now the PSP, the PS2 and to an extent the PS3 are hitching a ride on the wave of renewed interest in gaming.

    ...did you seriously just say that the PS2's popularity is because of the Wii and DS?

    Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    The Japanese market was in decline before Wii and DS came along. Now the PSP, the PS2 and to an extent the PS3 are hitching a ride on the wave of renewed interest in gaming.

    ...did you seriously just say that the PS2's popularity is because of the Wii and DS?

    haha no.

    though sales are being extended far beyond what the 'natural' lifespan of the console should have been. more so because of the PS3 but also due to an increased gaming market.

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited July 2007
    Also, unless Nintendo ramps up production of the Wii in a big way, it is very possibly Microsoft can take the lead all the way through the holidays, simply because they CAN put over a million 360s on the market every month, and Nintendo seems to have trouble doing the same with the Wii.

    But yes, eventually the Wii will completely overtake the console that costs 150 bucks more. Whether more games will sell on it than the competition is still yet to be proven in America.

    syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Fallout wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    The Japanese market was in decline before Wii and DS came along. Now the PSP, the PS2 and to an extent the PS3 are hitching a ride on the wave of renewed interest in gaming.

    ...did you seriously just say that the PS2's popularity is because of the Wii and DS?

    haha no.

    though sales are being extended far beyond what the 'natural' lifespan of the console should have been. more so because of the PS3 but also due to an increased gaming market.

    also perhaps because it has a better library of games than any of the current systems will have for years and years and is therefore still a better buy than any of the next/current-gen systems

    Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Fallout wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    The Japanese market was in decline before Wii and DS came along. Now the PSP, the PS2 and to an extent the PS3 are hitching a ride on the wave of renewed interest in gaming.

    ...did you seriously just say that the PS2's popularity is because of the Wii and DS?

    haha no.

    though sales are being extended far beyond what the 'natural' lifespan of the console should have been. more so because of the PS3 but also due to an increased gaming market.

    also perhaps because it has a better library of games than any of the current systems will have for years and years and is therefore still a better buy than any of the next/current-gen systems

    He's talking about Japan. Gaming was dieing over there.

    Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Fallout wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    The Japanese market was in decline before Wii and DS came along. Now the PSP, the PS2 and to an extent the PS3 are hitching a ride on the wave of renewed interest in gaming.

    ...did you seriously just say that the PS2's popularity is because of the Wii and DS?

    haha no.

    though sales are being extended far beyond what the 'natural' lifespan of the console should have been. more so because of the PS3 but also due to an increased gaming market.

    also perhaps because it has a better library of games than any of the current systems will have for years and years and is therefore still a better buy than any of the next/current-gen systems

    Plus the price is just magical.

    The reason I say the PS3 is boosting sales is cause people probably dont buy a PS3 for whatever reason, price, games whatever, but put down 200 on a PS2 and a bunch of games that will play on the PS3 backwards compatibility thing. Maybe not now but eventually they will get updated in. So its not a 'waste' as it were.

    I own a PS2, I got it 6 months ago cause of the price and the shitfuckton of games out for it. In Japan it is even more, they have just a billion games for it there and development still on top titles.

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    SilentCoconutSilentCoconut Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Plus the price is just magical.

    The reason I say the PS3 is boosting sales is cause people probably dont buy a PS3 for whatever reason, price, games whatever, but put down 200 on a PS2 and a bunch of games that will play on the PS3 backwards compatibility thing. Maybe not now but eventually they will get updated in. So its not a 'waste' as it were.

    I own a PS2, I got it 6 months ago cause of the price and the shitfuckton of games out for it. In Japan it is even more, they have just a billion games for it there and development still on top titles.

    Jumping on the late PS2 purchase bandwagon. I had one back at launch, but I fell out of it a few years later. I pretty much went solely into PC gaming (World of Warcraft D:) until I got my DS, and a few months later I got my Wii, and a few months later I went back, got a used PS2 and started buying up games. I actually have more games for my PS2 now than my Wii and DS combined (though my GameCube collection beats even that). So for me, at least, the DS and Wii triggered my purchase of a PS2. Despite being a generation behind, it still feels like a viable system, mostly because of the cheap games and huge backlog. It was a very worthwhile purchase.

    SilentCoconut on
  • Options
    Dr Mario KartDr Mario Kart Games Dealer Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Backwards compatibility is a non-issue as far as purchasing new consoles. My understanding is that Microsoft's research on it is that something like 8% of PS2 owners used it, which explains why their own work on the issue is where it is. Its a nice bullet point to have on the box but its not really moving consoles.

    Dr Mario Kart on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Backwards compatibility is a non-issue as far as purchasing new consoles. My understanding is that Microsoft's research on it is that something like 8% of PS2 owners used it, which explains why their own work on the issue is where it is. Its a nice bullet point to have on the box but its not really moving consoles.
    Yeah because Microsoft would totally come out saying "backwards compatibility is hugely important" when their support is the worst of the three consoles.

    Personally, it's a big selling point simply because I've got a large collection of PS1 and PS2 titles. Would I play them 4 or 5 years down the track? Probably not, but I still want to know that if I did want to play one of them, I could just throw it into my PS3 (or whatever) and play it. It's also really helpful when, say, God of War III is released and I want to play GoW and GoW2 in the week leading up to its release.

    Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    so the PS3 sales rose with the price-cut, but i imagine they'll drop back down again once the 60gb model sells out. And i do wonder how mnay consoles Halo 3 is going to sell, with regard to how many Halo fans have already bought one. Going to be an interesting few months, for sure.

    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    syndalis wrote: »
    Also, unless Nintendo ramps up production of the Wii in a big way, it is very possibly Microsoft can take the lead all the way through the holidays, simply because they CAN put over a million 360s on the market every month, and Nintendo seems to have trouble doing the same with the Wii.

    But yes, eventually the Wii will completely overtake the console that costs 150 bucks more. Whether more games will sell on it than the competition is still yet to be proven in America.
    The software sales rates of 360 games must have publishers salivating, although I know the majority of the userbase still suffers a bit from the Game of the Month flavor -- although Forza 2 has been doing a great job of breaking that mold.

    And fucking Guitar Hero! Both versions still in the top 10! :D
    06. PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 197.35k
    07. 360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 177.6k

    That's about 280,000 copies of a $70-$80 game bought in July. I think that word of mouth has to be the main cause of these sales, because you don't really see ads or TV spots for the game anymore. Which shows that word of mouth and the "played this at a friend's house, gotta go buy it" factor works, but also that people will spend money on a compelling experience. It's one of those games that manages to shatter the casual/hardcore labels by appealing to both crowds.

    God, I can't wait for Rock Band and GH3.

    Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    mausmalonemausmalone Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    titmouse wrote: »
    BTP wrote: »
    I am STILL literally LOL'ing right now!

    Oh, and PSP = 290k. NPD admitted to the typo.

    How much better is 290k than 220k if you factor in the extra week?
    70k better?

    220k/4weeks = 55k/week
    290k/5weeks = 58k/week
    = 5.4% increase in sales rate over last month
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Yeah, look at that spike of 360 sales coinciding with the Wii coming out.

    Wii and PS3 came out in late November... the 360 spike is their holiday season spike. If you chart monthly sales (not cumulative) over time for any system, you see a spike every November in the US. It's actually pretty funny to look at.

    EDIT: Since everybody seems a little thrown by the 4 week/5 week thing from May to June, here's the actual sales rate growth:
    | MAY SALES | MAY RATE | JUNE SALES | JUNE RATE | GROWTH
    -----+-----------+----------+------------+-----------+-------
    NDS  |423        |105       |562         |140        |+33%
    WII  |338        |85        |382         |76         |-11%
    PSP  |221        |55        |290         |58         |+5%
    PS2  |188        |47        |270         |54         |+15%
    360  |155        |39        |198         |40         |+3%
    PS3  |82         |21        |99          |20         |-5%
    GBA  |81         |20        |113         |23         |+15%
    
    *sales in thousands, rates in thousands per week
    

    The numbers are all rounded up or down to the nearest thousand, and growth is rounded to the nearest percentage point. It's just for estimation.

    mausmalone on
    266.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    syndalis wrote: »
    Also, unless Nintendo ramps up production of the Wii in a big way, it is very possibly Microsoft can take the lead all the way through the holidays, simply because they CAN put over a million 360s on the market every month, and Nintendo seems to have trouble doing the same with the Wii.

    But yes, eventually the Wii will completely overtake the console that costs 150 bucks more. Whether more games will sell on it than the competition is still yet to be proven in America.

    Actually, Nintendo has already ramped up Wii production... they admitted a while back they didn't make enough, and want to boost it to 1.5 million a month. That's worldwide, though. And the numbers have increased in the U.S.... it used to be 320k was their limit for a month, now it's up to 380k.

    But yeah, the 360 is poised to explode this holiday with Halo and GTA4, especially if Microsoft drops the price. They'd be stupid not to, at this point.

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    NovusNovus regular
    edited July 2007
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    But yeah, the 360 is poised to explode this holiday with Halo and GTA4, especially if Microsoft drops the price. They'd be stupid not to, at this point.

    I'll agree a price cut for the 360 would definitely help (I just bought mine so I'm indifferent at this point) but I'm not sure they really need to; the PS3 price drop is a sham and there's more than enough compelling software to push the system, also the whole RROD thing has set them back and they could use the extra coin to finally get themselves into the black. I'm not saying it won't happen; I'm saying that you'd need to take a good hard look at the numbers and listen to nice Mr. quadratic formula.

    Novus on
    I'm not smart, but thanks to the internet I can pretend.
    wii Number 0648 2052 0203 3154
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Novus wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    But yeah, the 360 is poised to explode this holiday with Halo and GTA4, especially if Microsoft drops the price. They'd be stupid not to, at this point.

    I'll agree a price cut for the 360 would definitely help (I just bought mine so I'm indifferent at this point) but I'm not sure they really need to; the PS3 price drop is a sham and there's more than enough compelling software to push the system, also the whole RROD thing has set them back and they could use the extra coin to finally get themselves into the black. I'm not saying it won't happen; I'm saying that you'd need to take a good hard look at the numbers and listen to nice Mr. quadratic formula.

    Oh, I'm sure there's a very good chance Microsoft won't lower the price for that very reason. But 360 sales have been kinda meh lately, and a price drop would cement them in a very respectable (if not close) second place for the generation and generate revenue down the line.

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lunker wrote: »

    And fucking Guitar Hero! Both versions still in the top 10! :D
    06. PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 197.35k
    07. 360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 177.6k

    That's about 380,000 copies of a $70-$80 game bought in June.

    Fixed for errors, both arithmetic and calender-related. ;-)

    Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    WHO IS BUYING GBAS?

    wrf

    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Parents who want to get their kids a cheap video game system.

    Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pata wrote: »
    Parents who want to get their kids a cheap video game system.

    Especially parents buying their 5-year old kids a video game system. I wouldn't trust a kid that young with the touchscreen and stylus, but my 4-year old nephew seems to get a kick out of shovelware on his GBA.

    Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gamasutra's analysis for June NPD is up - http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=14810
    Here's some graphs from it:

    df8wc8k7_118gs5qsxdn.png

    df8wc8k7_119gs98fxcg.png

    df8wc8k7_120dgqb8zdw.png

    df8wc8k7_121dhcptrfx.png

    df8wc8k7_122fmgbt9cj.png
    syndalis wrote: »
    Also, unless Nintendo ramps up production of the Wii in a big way, it is very possibly Microsoft can take the lead all the way through the holidays, simply because they CAN put over a million 360s on the market every month, and Nintendo seems to have trouble doing the same with the Wii.

    But yes, eventually the Wii will completely overtake the console that costs 150 bucks more. Whether more games will sell on it than the competition is still yet to be proven in America.

    http://gonintendo.com/?p=21750
    * Nintendo remained the top video game publisher in the United States and Canada in June, as well as the top publisher for all of 2007.

    * In June alone, Nintendo has six of the top 10 best-selling games in the United States, including the top four: Mario Party� 8 and Wii Play� for Wii, and Pok�mon� Diamond and Pok�mon� Pearl for Nintendo DS.

    * Of the top 30 best-selling games in the United States for all of 2007, half are for Nintendo systems.

    * The three best-selling games in the United States for all of 2007 are for Nintendo systems: Pok�mon Diamond, Wii Play and Pok�mon Pearl.

    bruin on
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    Lunker wrote: »

    And fucking Guitar Hero! Both versions still in the top 10! :D
    06. PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 197.35k
    07. 360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 177.6k

    That's about 380,000 copies of a $70-$80 game bought in June.

    Fixed for errors, both arithmetic and calender-related. ;-)

    D: Looks like I picked the wrong time to quit taking amphetamines.

    Still, that's a shitload of Guitar Heroes. I think GH3 will outsell Rock Band still year based on momentum, but once word of mouth starts working in RB's favor I think things could change next year. Also, given the lukewarm reception to '80s edition (which I should be getting mailed this week) and Activision's penchant for driving things into the ground, people may eventually get GH Fatigue.

    Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lunker wrote: »
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    Lunker wrote: »

    And fucking Guitar Hero! Both versions still in the top 10! :D
    06. PS2 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 197.35k
    07. 360 Guitar Hero 2 w/ Guitar -- 177.6k

    That's about 380,000 copies of a $70-$80 game bought in June.

    Fixed for errors, both arithmetic and calender-related. ;-)

    D: Looks like I picked the wrong time to quit taking amphetamines.

    Still, that's a shitload of Guitar Heroes. I think GH3 will outsell Rock Band still year based on momentum, but once word of mouth starts working in RB's favor I think things could change next year. Also, given the lukewarm reception to '80s edition (which I should be getting mailed this week) and Activision's penchant for driving things into the ground, people may eventually get GH Fatigue.

    Yeah, I think GH3 is going to be the last one that sells really well. I think after that it'll become like Tony Hawk, with a new game every year but mediocre sales.

    bruin on
Sign In or Register to comment.