As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jade Empire - A Playthrough (NSF56k)

124»

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I must know how this ends! ;-)

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    He wins

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I forgot how rushed the end of the game was.

Couscous on
  • Options
    DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Am I the only one who found the combat in this to be awfuly repetitive?

Attack, Jump Over, Attack, Jump Over................

DrunkMc on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was hoping that I'd get a couple more replies so this post could be pushed onto the next page. ;) Thanks, guys. Now to continue!

Yes, the end game is pretty rushed. Each chapter is extremely short and linear, and the first time through it was a let-down, especially after Chapter 3. On subsequent play throughs I found it didn't bother me as much, because I knew what to expect.

Chapter 6 - Dirge

Real world Dirge looks a little different:

chapters04-07_100.jpg
    chapters04-07_102.jpg

I take a couple of minutes to take in my surroundings. This, after all, is where I was born and where my parents lived. I try to imagine how my life should have been, living high up in the mountains, far from civilisation, in a secluded monastery almost permanently buried in snow. In some ways I think I prefer having been kidnapped and having had the chance to see the lowlands and Imperial City.

chapters04-07_101.jpg

One passageway in the temple leads to a small room with a single well in it.

I hear the noise of engines and spy the Marvellous Dragonfly landing a short way away. My friends are here!

I go to meet them, and naturally they are surprised. Dawn Star's visions had led them to Dirge, but they had expected to find me as a ghost, not as flesh and blood. I explain that the Water Dragon was able to bring me back to life.

chapters04-07_103.jpg
    chapters04-07_104.jpg

Silk Fox explains what happened to them. It seems that Emperor Sun Li did not view them as a threat so he did not order anyone to execute them - they were able to flee and take shelter in the surrounding countryside.

chapters04-07_105.jpg

But Sun Li is also aware that I have returned - and he marches upon Dirge this very instant. Just how long was I dead for, exactly?

chapters04-07_106.jpg

Sky is ever the bearer of bad news. It looks like we shall have little choice but to stand and fight. I don't particularly fancy our odds.

That wasn't all Dawn Star's visions had told her, though. She also suspects who her father is...

chapters04-07_107.jpg

I reply in the affirmative, and Silk Fox is outraged. 'She can't be! That would make her...'

chapters04-07_108.jpg

Sky finds the whole episode highly amusing.

A storm is brewing and we'd best get plenty of rest so that we're all ready to face the Imperial Army tomorrow.

As the party disperses Sky draws me to one side and asks to speak to me privately before we retire to our tents.

I have a couple of things to do first. I finish exploring the temple courtyards and find pages from the Tome of Ritual. Putting them all together, I am able to read from them and perform a ceremony in front of one of the temple altars that lays to rest all of the troubled spirits of the soldiers.

Now it's time to talk to Sky.

(Click for large; I don't yet have smaller versions of these images)

sky_romance_20.jpg

sky_romance_21.jpg

Full youtube video here.

For the ladies:
    chapters04-07_109.jpg

Intriguing!

When I return to Silk Fox I find she's been missing me.

chapters04-07_110.jpg
    chapters04-07_111.jpg
    chapters04-07_112.jpg

I explain that I'm sadly still unable to decide who I like better - the Princess or her cousin, Dawn Star.

chapters04-07_113.jpg

She says that she never thought she'd be able to fall in love with me...

chapters04-07_114.jpg

What a shame - I'll just have to attend to both their needs.

Youtube video of the full scene here.

Finally, not to be outdone (and because I had it available) here's the end romance scene if you play a female character and woo Sky.

That night my dreams are infiltrated by Sun Li.

chapters04-07_115.jpg
    chapters04-07_116.jpg
    chapters04-07_117.jpg

He forces me to face the spirits of some of my old dead friends. I defeat them, but he warns me that I would not fare so easily in real life...

chapters04-07_118.jpg
    chapters04-07_119.jpg

The next morning it is snowing heavily, and the Imperial Army is fast approaching. Sky is missing - he went ahead to scout them out.

Sky returns, but he is wounded and bleeding heavily.

chapters04-07_120.jpg

Henpecked Hou is easily panicked.

chapters04-07_121.jpg

Kang the Mad's words are exactly helping, either.

chapters04-07_122.jpg

We arrange that Dawn Star, Silk Fox and Kang the Mad shall take a few of Kang's explosive casks and go and blow up the bridge. The Black Whirlwind, Henpecked Hou, Chai Ka and myself will head off any soldiers that come by air.

chapters04-07_123.jpg

Sky is too wounded to fight, but he has plans. He'd like a couple of Kang's explosive casks too, and he will go and wait in the temple.

The weak, narrow bridge is, despite appearances, Dirge's greatest defence. It is the only known entrance into the town, and thus by removing it, only flyers can now approach.

chapters04-07_124.jpg
    chapters04-07_125.jpg

The bridge is successfully blown up, and the siege golems frustrated.

chapters04-07_126.jpg

As Silk Fox, I am complimented by Dawn Star.

chapters04-07_127.jpg

Meanwhile The Black Whirlwind is having a field day. He slaughters the enemy left, right and centre.

chapters04-07_128.jpg
    chapters04-07_129.jpg
    chapters04-07_130.jpg

Eventually they stop coming.

It is then that the bell tolls.

chapters04-07_131.jpg

I hurry to the temple to find out what on earth Sky's game is.

chapters04-07_132.jpg
    chapters04-07_133.jpg
    chapters04-07_134.jpg

Sky has laid a trap for Death's Hand. He allowed Death's Hand to believe that he would betray me, and the bell is the signal that it is safe for Death's Hand to approach. But Sky has rigged up the columns so that the roof will collapse upon any of Death's Hand's companions, allowing me to face Death's Hand alone.

chapters04-07_135.jpg

Not so fast!

chapters04-07_136.jpg
    chapters04-07_137.jpg

...Except that Sky can accept his daughter's death, and he wishes to see the Emperor overthrown as much as I do.

I finally defeat Death's Hand. But Emperor Sun Li's spirit appears in the portal, ready to raise him again.

chapters04-07_138.jpg
    chapters04-07_139.jpg

He explains that Prince Sun Kin is no longer alive; for these past twenty years it has been his spirit bound to the armour, powerless to resist the Emperor's commands. Death's Hand is not truly evil; he is a puppet, a tool.

I try to appeal to any decency left in Sun Li by telling him that his daughter lives.

chapters04-07_140.jpg

But ultimately Sun Li does not actually care. If Dawn Star had been of any importance to him, he surely would have been able to recognise her by now.

He intends to remotely resurrect Death's Hand - resurrect him as many times as is required. But with my new-found knowledge, I am able to prevent this from happening. I learned in the spirit world that as a Spirit Monk I have the ability to bind a spirit to me; I can do this now with Sun Kin.

chapters04-07_141.jpg
    chapters04-07_142.jpg

The spirit of Sun Kin fights Death's Hand...

chapters04-07_143.jpg

...and Sun Kin wins.

chapters04-07_144.jpg

Sun Li admits that he has lost his strongest ally - but he believes that I will find it hard to resist keeping Death's Hand for myself. I, however, know better.

chapters04-07_145.jpg
    chapters04-07_146.jpg

Sun Kin's spirit is finally free, and Death's Hand keels over, the armour now empty.

chapters04-07_147.jpg

My party outside have been running into problems...but it would appear that the golems were tied to Death's Hand's command; because as soon as he collapses, so too do the golems.

chapters04-07_148.jpg
    chapters04-07_149.jpg

The Army has been defeated.

chapters04-07_150.jpg

My party is safe.

We have to leave for the Imperial Palace; but before we set off once again in the Marvellous Dragonfly, my teammates offer me words of support.

chapters04-07_151.jpg

sky_romance_22.jpg
    chapters04-07_152.jpg
    chapters04-07_153.jpg

If you did not romance him.

chapters04-07_154.jpg

chapters04-07_155.jpg

I appreciate their encouragements, and brace myself for the upcoming fight...

Janson on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Janson wrote: »
    Sun Li admits that he has lost his strongest ally - but he believes that I will find it hard to resist keeping Death's Hand for myself. I, however, know better.
    Ah, the binding of Death's Hand. Such a wasted opportunity.

There's some neat dialogue here. A few examples of Open Palm gone terribly wrong, where you basically proclaim that you get to decide how and when he redeems himself.

But even if you take those options, you still get Closed Fist points if you bind him. Shame, really.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    When I played the game through the first time I went Closed Fist. Having Death's Hand around was really useful.

A bunch of my party members were pretty pissed that I'd bound him to me and wanted to leave my party. I just bound their souls to me as well.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The binding of Death's Hand is something I'm considering in a post script to this thread - along with Kang the Mad's quest and anything else I fear I've neglected/overlooked. I've not bound him to me in previous games because I didn't want to upset my party - do you upset them even if you've been following the Open Palm path?

So far I've largely been working off what I already had. Would it be preferable for my next playthrough to have reader input? I suppose I'm just afraid you'll all make me turn evil.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    What's Kang's quest? I don't think I ever did it on the Xbox.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Suds wrote: »
    As far as I know it's in the Xbox version as well.

Anyways...
    Kang has a couple of mysterious wind maps. He doesn't know where they lead, but he wants to go there anyways. During the voyage, Kang mysteriously regains some of his memories. This leads him to build some doohicky. It doesn't fly and it doesn't explode, so who knows what it does? Activating it, you're transported to a minor Heaven. It's similar to the Heaven of the Forest Spirit, but this one belongs to Lord Lao, artificer of the Celestial Bureacracy. The machinery of the Heaven is still intact and you can use the Configuration scrolls to operate all that stuff and give yourself some neat bonuses. The more you use Lord Lao's Furnace, the more Kang remembers of his vague past. He remembers that Lord Lao got into trouble with the Bureacracy and is imprisoned. Because Lord Lao is the greatest inspiration for all inventors everywhere, Kang recruits you to go out and save this minor deity.
    Turns out, however, that Lord Lao is not physically imprisoned. He was simply robbed of all his memories. Turns out, Kang is Lord Lao. Which might explain how he always survives all those explosions. Anyways, when Kang/Lao realised that he was getting in trouble with the Celestial Bureacracy he somehow locked his memories away and went into hiding, waiting for the day when it was safe to reclaim his identity again. Still... Kang remains Kang and he has no interest in going to back to work for the Celestial Bureacracy. The human world is so much more fun. "So many interesting things to build to help people with so many small problems".

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2007
    the closed fist story IS more interesting.

I want to know how to get the best romance options as closed fist. Apparently dawn star can be corrupted so that she joins you.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I hear that's true; you need to encourage her to stand up for herself and be more assertive from the get-go.

Janson on
  • Options
    LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Suds wrote: »
    As far as I know it's in the Xbox version as well.

Anyways...
    Kang has a couple of mysterious wind maps. He doesn't know where they lead, but he wants to go there anyways. During the voyage, Kang mysteriously regains some of his memories. This leads him to build some doohicky. It doesn't fly and it doesn't explode, so who knows what it does? Activating it, you're transported to a minor Heaven. It's similar to the Heaven of the Forest Spirit, but this one belongs to Lord Lao, artificer of the Celestial Bureacracy. The machinery of the Heaven is still intact and you can use the Configuration scrolls to operate all that stuff and give yourself some neat bonuses. The more you use Lord Lao's Furnace, the more Kang remembers of his vague past. He remembers that Lord Lao got into trouble with the Bureacracy and is imprisoned. Because Lord Lao is the greatest inspiration for all inventors everywhere, Kang recruits you to go out and save this minor deity.
    Turns out, however, that Lord Lao is not physically imprisoned. He was simply robbed of all his memories. Turns out, Kang is Lord Lao. Which might explain how he always survives all those explosions. Anyways, when Kang/Lao realised that he was getting in trouble with the Celestial Bureacracy he somehow locked his memories away and went into hiding, waiting for the day when it was safe to reclaim his identity again. Still... Kang remains Kang and he has no interest in going to back to work for the Celestial Bureacracy. The human world is so much more fun. "So many interesting things to build to help people with so many small problems".

Kang is awesome :)

LockeCole on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    LockeCole wrote: »
    Kang is awesome :)
    So, so awesome. He gets all the best lines.

Well... together with the Water Dragon.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    As I'm unlikely to be online over the weekend I'll make the end-game post now.

This will conclude the Open Palm playthrough.

Chapter 7 - The Last Battle

The storms quieten and my party sets off in the Marvellous Dragonfly, heading straight for the Imperial Palace.

The Black Whirlwind sums up my feelings on the matter pretty succinctly:

chapters04-07_156.jpg

We kill a few guards and head down into the tombs.

There we find a frightening spectacle. The tombs have been completely gutted, creating a large space within the depths of the palace. This is where the Emperor stored the Water Dragon's body! It is kept in a state of near-death, forever bleeding, unable to die while the machine cogs whirr.

chapters04-07_157.jpg
    chapters04-07_158.jpg
    chapters04-07_159.jpg

This is the breaking point of the game. Up to now you can have been completely selfish and violent, but now you can choose to amend for your deeds and kill the Water Dragon. Likewise, you can have been following the goodly path of the Open Palm, but decide to take the Water Dragon's power for yourself by tainting the water flowing from her body and rule as an evil Emperor. If you choose the latter, half your party will resist you and it will be their bodies you use for the blood sacrifice.

I can't contemplate killing my party members, nor do I have any desire to taint the Empire and act as its ruler. I've worked so hard to cleanse Dirge and oppose the power-hungry Sun brothers.

chapters04-07_160.jpg
    chapters04-07_161.jpg

I slay the Water Dragon.

Now to enter the throne room.

chapters04-07_162.jpg

This looks familiar...

chapters04-07_163.jpg
    chapters04-07_164.jpg
    chapters04-07_165.jpg

Emperor Sun Li. Always so polite.

With his power as a god, he is able to encase me in my own doubt.

chapters04-07_166.jpg
    chapters04-07_167.jpg

But once again he underestimates my strength of mind, my party and their loyalty to me.

chapters04-07_168.jpg
    chapters04-07_169.jpg
    chapters04-07_170.jpg

No mortal being can help with the final barrier. But there is someone else who is still loyal to me. Someone who is no longer mortal.

chapters04-07_171.jpg

I break free.

chapters04-07_172.jpg
    chapters04-07_173.jpg

He offers me a bargain; but I am not about to accept. Why should I settle for a compromise, now? He would not give me any power; I should merely die for the 'good of the Empire' and be taught about in the history books as a sacrificial lamb - something I am not willing to be, not for Sun Li.

I suggest a one-on-one, master-and-student fight. He agrees.

chapters04-07_174.jpg
    chapters04-07_175.jpg

And he falls.

chapters04-07_176.jpg

The Water Dragon is freed and Emperor Sun Li is no longer a god, or even alive.

chapters04-07_177.jpg

The crowds cheer.

chapters04-07_178.jpg

(Phew, exceedingly short chapter!)

...and as for what happens afterwards:

(Spoiled for big):
    sky_romance_24.jpg

chapters04-07_180.jpg
    chapters04-07_181.jpg
    chapters04-07_182.jpg
    chapters04-07_183.jpg
    chapters04-07_184.jpg
    chapters04-07_185.jpg

If you romance the girlies, only Silk Fox's fate changes (if you do not romance her, she becomes Empress and rules either fairly or with an iron fist).
    chapters04-07_179.jpg

Arguably the most satisfying romance conclusion - you become Emperor!

Janson on
  • Options
    IShallRiseAgainIShallRiseAgain Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This thread is cool, I never found out that dawn star was Master Li's daughter. You know what else that means though? the threesome scene=incest....ugh.

IShallRiseAgain on
    Alador239.png
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This thread is cool, I never found out that dawn star was Master Li's daughter. You know what else that means though? the threesome scene=incest....ugh.

You're saying that's a bad thing?

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Pharezon wrote: »

You're saying that's a bad thing?
    And anyways, one has to wonder, how much interest do Silk Fox and Dawn Star show for each other anyway?

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wow, the game ended quick. Didn't think Sun Li would go down so easily. Not even a multiple-form boss?

Anyway, thanks for all your work, Janson. Are you going to do a Closed Fist run now? I'd be interested in seeing it.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Nope, not even a multiple-form boss. Although if you see the whole end-game as the last four chapters, then...

I did have the fights on easy the entire way through, so most of the time it was five seconds of clicking and they'd go down. But it's pretty much universally agreed that the hardest fight in the game is the Ravager in the Arena - once you've worked out what you have to do with the Emperor/Sun Li (i.e. having to switch styles a lot) it's not very difficult at all.

It sounds so easy to do a Closed Fist run...but it's not. I do have some extra screenshots - I finally managed to complete Kang the Mad's sidequest (phew) and I also loaded up a game to see what happens when you bind Death's Hand to yourself. Uh, I wussed out of that in the end, though, because my party members made me feel so bad emot-crying.gif

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I do have some extra screenshots - I finally managed to complete Kang the Mad's sidequest (phew).
    Woo! Hope it was worth the trouble for you. :P

Also, it seems Kang's ending changes depening on whether or not you completed his sidequest (nudge nudge, wink wink).

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Monoxide wrote: »
    Monoxide wrote: »
    Hey, awesome, a Let's Play thread.

If you didn't post this I would have no idea what Jade Empire is about despite buying it on release day. I've never even taken the disc out. :?

Can we make Let's Play threads? They're so awesome.

I don't see why not.

Bonus points if you play the game in installments so I can F5 all day at work.

Not to be one to normally quote like 5 pages ago but I totally agree. We absolutely need some Let's Play action up in here. Great way to spend time.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Not to be too self promoting but it looks like I'll start a Master of Orion Let's play sometime later today.

Funny thing is I had more enjoyment reading about someone playing Jade Empire than I did playing it. The game is too damn easy and much too short.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The flyer missions were frustrating, but still not as bad as the turret fights in KotOR1.

And I love Let's Play threads, obviously. No complaints here. All ready for the next one, folks? I'm not sure when I'll start it, though. Was originally thinking tomorrow, but I'm away Thurs-Sun.

Anyway:

The Binding of Death's Hand

extras_001.jpg

I could probably buy into this sudden revelation that Master Li's motive is 'For the Greater Good' if I hadn't been killed, my people brutally slain, and a goddess enslaved. I can understand that the Empire was suffering from drought and that this must've proved a good motivation - but I cannot permit the dead to walk the earth any longer.

This is where I tell Sun Li that his daughter still lives.

extras_002.jpg
    extras_003.jpg
    extras_004.jpg
    extras_005.jpg
    extras_006.jpg
    extras_007.jpg
    extras_008.jpg
    extras_009.jpg

I've done this to make the world a better place! It's not about me gaining ultimate power and becoming a god, no! Why would you think that?

extras_010.jpg
    extras_011.jpg
    extras_012.jpg
    extras_013.jpg
    extras_014.jpg

Fight!

extras_015.jpg
    extras_016.jpg
    extras_017.jpg
    extras_018.jpg
    extras_019.jpg
    extras_020.jpg

Now to go for the 'I'm Open Palm, but I'm not that forgiving' route.

extras_021.jpg
    extras_022.jpg

Amazing what a little retrospect can do to a man.

extras_023.jpg

I'm starting to look a little pissed off right now.

extras_024.jpg
    extras_025.jpg
    extras_026.jpg

I'm just trying to make him pay amends. Justice is supposed to be fair, right?

extras_029.jpg

This looks pretty bad-ass, I have to admit.

extras_031.jpg

We walk out to greet my other party members.

extras_032.jpg
    extras_033.jpg
    extras_034.jpg
    extras_035.jpg

Only the Black Whirlwind has any real sense.

extras_036.jpg

It's not like I'm going to make him do anything evil! I haven't changed that much!

extras_037.jpg

I ask if they've been talking behind my back.

extras_038.jpg
    extras_039.jpg
    extras_040.jpg
    extras_041.jpg

Even Silk Fox, who is perhaps the most neutral member of your party, cannot condone this course of action.

extras_042.jpg

Dawn Star is a goody-two-shoes, as always.

extras_043.jpg
    extras_044.jpg

They give you so many chances to set Prince Kin's spirit free.

extras_045.jpg
    extras_046.jpg
    extras_047.jpg
    extras_048.jpg

Now I know he's serious.

extras_049.jpg
    extras_050.jpg

Yes, I know what it does.

extras_051.jpg
    extras_052.jpg
    extras_053.jpg
    extras_054.jpg

Okay, this is where I could no longer hack it, guys.

I mean, I'd even have to bind my own boyfriend. I just wanted to command Death's Hand to do some good in the world, that was all! :(

extras_055.jpg
    extras_056.jpg

Okay, okay! Give a man a break!

extras_057.jpg
    extras_058.jpg
    extras_059.jpg
    extras_061.jpg

I ask if my party will follow me, now.

It seems so. Their loyalty, which was in question only moments previously, is now unwavering.

extras_062.jpg
    extras_063.jpg
    extras_064.jpg
    extras_065.jpg

Kang the Mad's sidequest

Since the last flyer battle can be pretty tough, I decide to follow people's advice and complete Merchant Hin Goo's missions so that I can buy the Dragon's Wrath upgrade. This will allow me to defeat the boss in one fell swoop.

extras_067.jpg

I did have several screenshots here; but they weren't terribly interesting. Suffice to say I complete the missions and upgrade the Marvellous Dragonfly.

Now to talk to Kang.

It seems that Kang has a windmap. When Gao the Greater met Kang, Kang had a lost memory and an old windmap in his hands. Gao didn't think much of Kang's windmap, and so the windmap has never been thoroughly examined.

chapters04-07_001.jpg

We set off on an adventure...but we merely end up back where we started.

chapters04-07_003.jpg
    chapters04-07_004.jpg
    chapters04-07_005.jpg
    chapters04-07_006.jpg
    extras_092.jpg
    extras_093.jpg
    extras_094.jpg
    extras_096.jpg
    extras_097.jpg

Sky is so cynical.

extras_098.jpg

But what does it do?

extras_099.jpg
    extras_100.jpg

Not really, no.

extras_102.jpg
    extras_103.jpg
    extras_104.jpg
    extras_105.jpg
    extras_106.jpg
    extras_107.jpg
    extras_108.jpg

So what happens if you enter an incorrect configuration?

extras_109.jpg
    extras_111.jpg

Wait - I've been finding strange sets of instructions here and there as I've been travelling.

I decide to test out Lord Lao's furnace using the notes I've gathered.

extras_112.jpg

There's the Water Wheel.

extras_113.jpg

The Clapper Chimney.

extras_114.jpg

The Conductor.

extras_118.jpg

The Whirling Cogs.

extras_117.jpg

Finally, there's the Cauldron.

extras_116.jpg

Every time I use a configuration correctly, I gain power. My stats increase.

extras_119.jpg
    extras_120.jpg
    extras_121.jpg
    extras_121.jpg
    extras_123.jpg
    extras_124.jpg

Off we set on another adventure.

extras_127.jpg

extras_128.jpg

But we didn't land anywhere!

extras_129.jpg
    extras_134.jpg

I ask Kang what the purpose of Lord Lao's furnace is. I mean, it's surely wasn't created purely so I could increase my stats, was it?

extras_131.jpg
    extras_132.jpg

We return to the furnace.

chapters04-07_010.jpg

extras_133.jpg
    extras_140.jpg
    extras_141.jpg
    extras_142.jpg
    extras_143.jpg
    extras_144.jpg
    extras_145.jpg
    extras_147.jpg
    extras_148.jpg
    extras_149.jpg

Okay.

extras_151.jpg
    extras_152.jpg
    extras_153.jpg

We win the battle.

extras_154.jpg
    extras_156.jpg
    extras_157.jpg
    extras_158.jpg
    extras_159.jpg
    extras_160.jpg

Sarcasm, Sky?

extras_162.jpg
    extras_163.jpg
    extras_164.jpg
    extras_165.jpg
    extras_166.jpg
    extras_167.jpg

Okay, I laughed.

extras_168.jpg

Well, my stats can't keep increasing forever.

extras_170.jpg
    extras_171.jpg

The configurations read like this:

extras_172.jpg

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Kang is so awesome. Though I suppose a lot of it is because his voice actor is so good.

extras_172.jpg
    Curses. And here I was, thinking I was the only one who caught that reference.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wow, that is great. Thanks, Janson. (Although I'm disappointed by your unwillingness to kill your entire party.)

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png