As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Easy guitar tabs to learn

GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So i've been playing the guitar on and off for a couple of weeks, and my teacher said it'd be a good idea to pick a few easy songs to learn.

What are some easy songs to learn, and where can I get them? Right now the only song i'm working on is Gerudo Valley from Zelda, so anything is game. If there's a decent tab website that I can visit, let me know.

Sorry if this topic is a bit blunt, I just didn't really feel like I needed to elaborate on the obvious topic.

Godfather on

• Options
    The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What kind of music do you like?

e: ultimate-guitar.com has tons of guitar tabs. 911tabs indexes a lot of other sites and you can search through them. I suggest you get a copy of Guitar Pro (I'm pretty sure the demo is unlimited, just has a nag screen) or Powertab, since they show you the standard and tablature notation at the same time, which is good because you want to learn at least a bit about standard notation. Also, they let you hear the song before you try playing it, so if you have a really bad tab it's obvious that it's wrong before you actually try learning it (which I did a lot when I was starting)

The Cheese on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well I got an acoustic guitar (a La Patrie model), so something with a catchy melody that won't get on my nerves, so probably a more of a casual spanish style might do it.

I'm pretty much game for anything here, but i'd like to learn some really memorable guitar ballads that are simple to execute (baby steps are the key here). That's why I went with Gerudo Valley; easy to learn and a casual/catchy-ass song.

No Smoke on the Water though. So sick of that song.

EDIT: Powertab or Guitar Pro has that "listen-before-you-print" setting? I know exactly what you mean when you say that: I had been trying to learn Gerudo Valley for quite a few days prior to today, wondering just why the hell it was so difficult until I showed the tabs to my teacher. The guys played the game, knows the song, even played it at a few of his gigs, and basically gave me much better/easier tabs to go off of.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i'm having some problems finding some decent tabs of that Everlast song "What it's Like".

Can anyone help?

Godfather on
  • Options
    PootPoot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Poot on