As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Terrible Names And Cool Names, The Second

1585960616264»

• MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    bowen wrote: »
    rfalias wrote: »
    I will never group with any players with names based on major lore characters. They are almost always really really bad.

My old GM is "Malarne" (because Malorne is locked out), and he's really, really good.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    bowen wrote: »
    That also reminds me, I wont group with anyone that has more than 1 (2 if its legit) special characters in their name.

I won't group with anyone if I can't type their name without busting out charmap.

Same. I understand the special characters on European servers, but it should be a violation in the naming policy for servers in the states.

Special characters are probably one of my biggest pet peeves in the entire game.

Yes Níghtmare, i'm looking at you.

Wavechaser on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    I will never group with any players with names based on major lore characters. They are almost always really really bad.

We had a paladin that paid to switch name to Rhônin with a funky o, since he'd seen the name on that robe and thought it sounded cool.

Then he got reported (we're on an RP server) and was all WUT I HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS A LORE CHARACTER

Echo on
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Good movie too.

Wavechaser on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    That's Ronin.

Echo on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    While running PUGs in the past week, I've been offered at a couple times to join other people's guilds. But guild skill and steady raiding schedules aside, I just really couldn't join a guild to wear a guild name that's not comfortable and easy to wear, regardless of if it doesn't extend all the way to "terrible". So, <oYAKUZAo> got turned down.
    Echo wrote: »
    We had a paladin that paid to switch name to Rhônin with a funky o, since he'd seen the name on that robe and thought it sounded cool.

Then he got reported (we're on an RP server) and was all WUT I HAD NO IDEA THAT WAS A LORE CHARACTER

But if he ever saw this drop, he would be able to claim it as his own.

SabreMau on
This discussion has been closed.