As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terrible Names And Cool Names, The Second

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I imagine that'd make it hard to swing a heavy axe as well.

I've got a few "concept" characters myself though, so power to him.

Scooter on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, if he finds it fun, then good for him. But I'm not about to pound nails through my dick because I want to rp that I'm a masochist with a fetish for genital mutilation.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Is Grisgris a terrible name for a troll shaman?

In Vodoun, or Voodoo, gris-gris resemble charms or talismans which are kept for good luck or to ward off evil.

I thought it was a good fit, but somebody was saying how dumb it was.

Bigity on
  • Options
    CervetusCervetus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would like to report my own WoW main's name for retardation. For some reason, I thought Searingwolf would be a cool name for a warlock. It's led to the in-joke that I'm a furry, and I'm worried that some people don't know it's a joke.
    Bitstream wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »
    Rouge Islands, is that where Villains go to learn new and exciting make up techniques?
    Yes it is, though I prefer the techniques of Madagascara.

How the hell do you spell "Archipelago" correctly then confuse Rogue and Rouge?

Cervetus on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Does the person who was mocking it actually know what it means? Cause I think that's a fine name for a troll shaman. One of the better ones to be sure.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well I told him, but he didn't care. Meh, some random guy I see time to time doing quests, no big deal.

Bigity on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was on my priest in Darkshire when I ran into the conversation of Ihaveapet asking how at level 33 would aquire a pet
    I don't have a pic sadly because Stitches was assualting the town at the time

Brainleech on
  • Options
    MetalChickenMetalChicken Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    Mr Peepers wrote: »
    I had a character in WoW named Syphilis.

I apologize for nothing.

I hope it was a gnome.

The male one with the rapeface.

I had a Gnome Mage called Syphilis. That guy is a fraud.

MetalChicken on
  • Options
    MalickMalick Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Not really a terrible name but years ago in EQ1 there was a Dwarf Paladin on the Innoruuk server named "Fugger Indaz" up until about level 40 when he was forced to change it.

Malick on
    Welkin7.jpg
    PSN = malickai XBL = gdragonstar Pokemon SS = 3095 7347 2659 Pokemon White = 5028 4446 2386
  • Options
    AginorAginor Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    Bigity wrote: »
    Well I told him, but he didn't care. Meh, some random guy I see time to time doing quests, no big deal.

Well, if he didn't care about the Voodoo stuff, it might still be a terrible name. In Norwegian/Swedish/Danish Grisgris translates to Pigpig.

Aginor on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hah! Maybe that's the issue :D

Bigity on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Darmak wrote: »
    I had a druid in EQ named Darmak Morningwood, heh. I was surprised the name slipped through, and nobody complained.

Also, I met a gnome once named Rumpleforeskin.

Hehe my friend and I played SB for a while and ran around as Rumpleforeskin and Grundlestiltskin. Good times.

So of the other great names from SB? A pair of PKers that ran around together named "Toucher Ofgrundle" and "Michaeljfox Parkinsonking."

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Name: Therogue
    Guid: I PEE ON YOU

O_o

me: /facepalm

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Malick wrote: »
    Not really a terrible name but years ago in EQ1 there was a Dwarf Paladin on the Innoruuk server named "Fugger Indaz" up until about level 40 when he was forced to change it.

I - I remember this guy.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Admit it, you were that guy.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    No, but my favorite from that server was Smith. Just, you know, Smith, even after she hit level 20 and got a last name. If I hadn't been guilded I woulda hopped to another server and stolen that idea.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    reVerse wrote: »
    But dear god, some of the descriptions... some people write damn novels, as if people really need to know every detail about your vampire demon princess night elf.
    I don't mind reading long descriptions, but most of them are incredibly poorly written.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    emperorsargosaemperorsargosa Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    0001gwxe

probably lots of these

emperorsargosa on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    0001gwxe

probably lots of these

:lol:

That's actually pretty damn clever. I like it.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    fld.jpg

screenshot_2007-05-11-14-22-10.jpg

I played for three days on a week trial.

My computer really couldnt handle it properly

omega71 on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yea, that looks like all the graphics turned to zero.

Scooter on
  • Options
    omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    Yea, that looks like all the graphics turned to zero.

It pretty much was, which is sad, because the short time I played, I really had a blast playing it.

omega71 on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    For whatever reason, CoH always raped my system in terms of graphics. I can run WoW, EVE and various singleplayer games at pretty good levels of detail without much trouble, but CoH...

It looked at my computer and was like "You! C'mere and bend over!"

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    JoonJoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I just have to bring it up again
    No matter how you try to justify it Legolas is a BAD NAME
    snip

Saw this in AV the other day and chuckled.

WoWScrnShot_080707_182858.png

I don't often report names. One of the few I do remember was a human, mage I think, named Pederast.

Joon on
    bartsig.png
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    There's a kid in my guild that has the worst naming convention.

They all must begin with and/or contain the letter Q.

Queby
    Qeu
    Qqbbq

I'm sure there are others, but they're elluding me. Basically it's progressed over the years to the point where it's not even a name. The last one apparently broke someone's final straw (we're on an RP server, so no surprises there) and reported it. Within half an hour or so, a GM made him change it.

Now it's Qzilla.

I wanna smack him. Just once.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    MalickMalick Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    deowolf wrote: »
    No, but my favorite from that server was Smith. Just, you know, Smith, even after she hit level 20 and got a last name. If I hadn't been guilded I woulda hopped to another server and stolen that idea.

I was always a fan of "Easyd McFlow"

Malick on
    Welkin7.jpg
    PSN = malickai XBL = gdragonstar Pokemon SS = 3095 7347 2659 Pokemon White = 5028 4446 2386
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Right now I'm taking a break from Greymane drama and rolling with some other coworkers of mine on Aerie Peak.

I'd say about a third of the server qualifies for this thread. One of these days I'll combine all the awful name screenshots I've taken on this server into one giant montage.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Dyscord wrote: »
    For whatever reason, CoH always raped my system in terms of graphics. I can run WoW, EVE and various singleplayer games at pretty good levels of detail without much trouble, but CoH...

It looked at my computer and was like "You! C'mere and bend over!"

I imagine it has something to do with WoW being designed to run on PDAs and EVE being in space...space is empty.

Accualt on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    And city of heroes is more like...like...city of surface area, lol.

All those tall buildings crammed together, with little npcs bustling between them.

Of course, that makes me wonder why it still takes a million years to load a tiny little instanced mission.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My friend on WoW once got reported for having Titsahoy as his female human mage's name, but convinced the GM that it was his family name.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have a shelved male gnome mage who was my main before I took an extended break from WoW (I'm back now, on and off, but decided to go Horde now). Well, me being fairly uncreative with names, was looking for something that "spoke" mage to me, but wasn't something like Gandalf, obviously. So I was looking through the Dune glossary and found what I thought sounded cool, the substance that Mentats used for making their brains go into super-speed. So, anyways, that name is Sapho, which got be branded (first impressions anyways) as either:

a) a rude rogue (as in "sap that ho") this is before i ever knew what sapping was
    or
    b) a lesbian (as in Sappho)

This provided amusement for my friends and guildmates that knew no end. :P

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    locopostallocopostal Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i can't even remember who originally posted this, hell, it might even still be in one of these threads...nevertheless!

typotheatre2.jpg

locopostal on
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    A couple guild names I liked. The player names... meh
    WoWScrnShot_122706_150942.jpg
    WoWScrnShot_122706_122524.jpg

Also, my boyfriend probably falls under the "bad names" category. He always uses the name "Dethcow" for RPG characters for some reason. I thought it was a little odd but whatever. Then he got a last name in DAoC -- "Sheepslayer." I think the only reason I was able to allow myself to be seen with him was that I was a Mending spec Healer, and so had no chance of killing anything by myself.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    A couple guild names I liked. The player names... meh
    WoWScrnShot_122706_150942.jpg

Bah, now I've got that damned Bananas in Pajamas theme song stuck in my head! Curse you!

Bananas... in pajamas... coming down the stairs... Bananas... in pajamas... coming down in pairs... :whistle: :x

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    wumpnx4.jpg

SabreMau on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I guess the many verisons of Legolas were taken
    WoWScrnShot_080707_172441.jpg

And some guild names

At least we win in PVE
    Moo Moo i'm a duck

Brainleech on
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Here's my Aerie Peak bad/interesting name montage picture. It's not desktop wallpaper-sized like I originally planned, but I've only been on Aerie Peak for two weeks so far, and I cut a lot of names I had screenshotted that really weren't as terrible or as interesting as I first thought.
    apbadnamesny2.png

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Willferal is pretty much the best name I've ever seen. He also made this awesome thread in the Shaman forums that was great laughs (the idiots who didn't comprehend what he was saying was just icing on the top).

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    In honour of this thread I renamed my new Raven Battleship in EVE This is so Raven! If you can come up with a worse name send your entries on the back of a postcard.

Szechuanosaurus on
This discussion has been closed.