As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Zeitgeist: The Movie

PaperPlatePaperPlate Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
Zeigeist

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5216975979627863972 - Part 1 "The Greatest Story Ever Told"
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7160790539111319889 - Part 2 'All The World's A Stage'; 9/11/2001 was the production of the century. "and the Emmy goes to..."
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=497251819335380093 - Part 3 "Don't mind the men behind the curtain

Anyone seen these? Part one is very thought provoking and stands quite well by itself. It attempts to provide a linking to todays popular religions to those of centuries past. To me it does a very good job of this and has lead me to being questioning my own beliefs. The second and third seem very reminiscent of Loose Change but still a good watch.

Part two looks at past wars and how the government has used several "false flag" terrorists acts in the past to enter wars and how they are doing it again with the post 9/11 War on Terror. After watching Loose Change I personally felt there may be some truth to government involvement, this video has again done this and done it very well. It provides some of the most thought provoking arguments for 9/11 conspiriciys in my opinion. The last 5 minutes of the video are quite intense and graphic
Audio clip of a firefighter in the first tower collapse, Madrid train bombing surveillance video and 9/11 tower deaths
so be wary.

Part three is a little bit of a stretch in my opinion. I am still not sure how I feel about it. Basically it talks about several people controlling the world, mostly bankers and people of profile.

Honestly, if anything, the videos provide for a lot of good opportunities for discussion. A lot of it is stuff I don't want to believe is true, because if I do it basically unravels my beliefs for the past 23 years. How could they have pulled it off for one? How could they keep so many people silent all this time about it? I guess it could be as they say, we're just so dumb we won't believe it.

Taken from the wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist_the_Movie):
Part I: The Greatest Story Ever Told

Part I deals with the origins of Christianity in paganism and the parallels between Jesus and the Egyptian god, Horus. This part also documents a series of biblical passages which try to prove that Christian theology is nothing more than an extrapolation of preexisting texts and that The Bible is nothing more than an astrotheological literary hybrid.

Part 1 starts with explaining how and why early civilizations personified The Sun as the "unseen Creator or God" and how stars were linked into constellations. The 12 constellations being a place of travel for "God's Sun" and representing "...elements of nature that happened during that period of time." This was depicted graphically by the image of the Cross of Zodiac (pictured Left), which showed the 12 constellations, 12 months of the year, 4 seasons, solstices and equinoxes. This section is also used by the film to show the origin of the symbol of the Cross.

Part II: All The World's a Stage

Part II deals primarily with 9/11 and asserts that it was a false flag operation in order to provide public backing for the US Establishment to continue its agenda in the Middle East and at home. It also suggests that the bombings in London that took place on the 7th of July, 2005 were orchestrated by the state.

Part III: Don't Mind The Men Behind The Curtain

Part III details a theory starting with the creation of the Federal Reserve System, the central banking system of the United States to current day in which the American people are being swindled from war to war at the benefit of private contractors and a closed circle of powerful men in order to boost economic prosperity. The movie postulates that every war entered into by the U.S. starting with World War I has been the result of forced provocation through secret U.S. involvement in cloak and dagger operations in order to goad the American public into supporting the wars. The ultimate goal of which is expansion of United States foreign interests and prolonged sustainment of conflict overseas to increase military spending, thereby boosting profits for corporations tied to polititians and the elite.

I searched for Zeitgeist on the forums but didn't turn up anything so made the post. Please direct me to the thread if it does, thanks.

Minecraft: PAPRPL8
League of Legends (your friendly neighborhood support): PAPRPL8
PaperPlate on

• Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This OP could be a lot better, you know. Provide us with more than a one sentence description of your thoughts on this, and maybe we'll want to jump in.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    PaperPlatePaperPlate Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This OP could be a lot better, you know. Provide us with more than a one sentence description of your thoughts on this, and maybe we'll want to jump in.

Fine, give me a minute.

Edit: Bit better but still lacks, I'm not good at OPs...

PaperPlate on
    Minecraft: PAPRPL8
    League of Legends (your friendly neighborhood support): PAPRPL8
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    and here i was all excited that the smashing pumpkins also created a movie to go along with their new album
    disappointing...

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zeitgeist was better with Hegel and Heidegger and the Smashing Pumpkins

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    IShallRiseAgainIShallRiseAgain Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So is this another movie made by a tin-foil wearing paranoid schizophrenic conspiracy theorist? No thanks.

IShallRiseAgain on
    Alador239.png