Options

[WoW]Patch 2.2 notes from PTR

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    dojango wrote: »
    So, no Zul'Aman yet? The preview I read said they only had a couple of the bosses worked out. Be nice to have a 10-man ZG, tho.
    Kinda bummed that Zul'jin's the bossman of it, though. he's like the troll messiah or something. When we get to him and /charge, we'll be like, "for zuljin!" now attack zuljin!

I don't get it? is
    Zul'Jin
    a boss in Zul'Aman? where can I go see this?

Saban wrote: »
    Removing reagent from blind i can see, 1m/45s cooldown? go fuck yourself.
    Join me in making Blizzard realize they should stop listening to the whiners right now

Brainleech on
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    In case you guys missed it, I thought I'd point this out:
    Priests wrote:
    Pain Suppression: This talent will now reduce the chance for any buff on the Priest to be dispelled, rather than reduce the chance of dispelling buffs cast while it is active.

If they leave the dispel resistance the same, Disc priests can have a permanent 85% chance to resist any dispel. However, based on the wording, this will probably only apply to the priest himself, not to buffs cast on others, which makes it not nearly as appealing. I'm also guessing that they'll drop the dispel resistance bonus to 20% or so, since god forbid there be some counter to purgebots.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    SlabcakesSlabcakes Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    • Blind duration reduced to 8 seconds, cooldown reduced to 1 minute, Blinding Powder is no longer required to use.
    This is crap so what you are too lazy to pick pocket it or you don't have/are not a herblist
    Don't take this as an insult, because it's not meant as one - but I find it funny that someone complains about Blizzard removing the reagent cost to Blind. Up until now I have never, ever, ever heard anyone liking that aspect of the ability. Blizzard is always going to upset someone with anything they do, it seems. ;P

I'm not surprised that baseline Paladin support spells took a bit of a pummeling - if they were honest about buffing Ret, then I guess this is one way to make sure Ret doesn't become a "PvP god" or whatever - but wow, that's some mauling BoSac took. Doesn't it have a 30 sec duration? They could have just put the cooldown the same length as the duration if they didn't want it spammed on multiple people/easily reapplied after dispelling.

Slabcakes on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    • Blind duration reduced to 8 seconds, cooldown reduced to 1 minute, Blinding Powder is no longer required to use.
    This is crap so what you are too lazy to pick pocket it or you don't have/are not a herblist

That's your complaint? I think the fact that the skill has been made a 1 minute cooldown should be just a tad higher on the priority list. I mean, really. Cloak of shadows is overpowered enough, now they get two 1 minute CD rape skills? Jeez.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Goatmon wrote: »

That's your complaint? I think the fact that the skill has been made a 1 minute cooldown should be just a tad higher on the priority list. I mean, really. Cloak of shadows is overpowered enough, now they get two 1 minute CD rape skills? Jeez.

I will not even begin what I think is wrong with Cloak of Shadows
    But the blind change is stupid

the Earthbind totem not pulling me out of stealth is just as stupid

the fun of playing a rogue is long gone because of the whiners

Brainleech on
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Slabcakes wrote: »
    Don't take this as an insult, because it's not meant as one - but I find it funny that someone complains about Blizzard removing the reagent cost to Blind. Up until now I have never, ever, ever heard anyone liking that aspect of the ability. Blizzard is always going to upset someone with anything they do, it seems. ;P

I'm not surprised that baseline Paladin support spells took a bit of a pummeling - if they were honest about buffing Ret, then I guess this is one way to make sure Ret doesn't become a "PvP god" or whatever - but wow, that's some mauling BoSac took. Doesn't it have a 30 sec duration? They could have just put the cooldown the same length as the duration if they didn't want it spammed on multiple people/easily reapplied after dispelling.

this will make maid a whole new boss...

Kartan on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Meh, there are other ways to ensure a healer is up for healing the MT.

Besides, we end up with like 4 paladins in each raid :/ So they can do a healing/BoS rotation.

Bigity on
  • Options
    ZephZeph Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    • Cat Form (Night Elf) melee attack range was too short compared to Tauren Cat Form and other attack ranges. It has been increased.

Way fucking overdue, this annoyance has been in the game since the beginning. Was it really just for NEs though? It's been a long time since I played my tauren druid, but I thought I encountered it on him too...

And yay for longer paladin buffs, that's also way overdue :^:

Zeph on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zeph wrote: »

I'd keep my 5 minute buffs over blessing nerfs and the ability to proc reckoning while sitting, thanks.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    a penguina penguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    • Cat Form (Night Elf) melee attack range was too short compared to Tauren Cat Form and other attack ranges. It has been increased.

Way fucking overdue, this annoyance has been in the game since the beginning. Was it really just for NEs though? It's been a long time since I played my tauren druid, but I thought I encountered it on him too...

THANK GOD

I thought I was just crazy.

also,
    Adjusted Yowler's level down to 20 (from 25).

poor Yowler.

They need to nerf 60% or Redridge though. Those quests with the elite Orcs are hardly worth doing.

a penguin on
    This space eventually to be filled with excitement
  • Options
    Jason036Jason036 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shaman
    • Earthbind Totem: This totem will no longer break Rogue stealth.

The shaman nerf continues. This is going to dramatically affect arena battles for me. I really don't like this change as it was a tactic I used frequently. Granted, I own rogues as a restoration shaman, but this takes away from my teammates, not just me. I know, I know, I still have my fire totem, but the continual nerf is getting a little old (sorry for the whining).

Jason036 on
    Jason036
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    BoSac: arena change. It was silly before. Fortunately it only really has an impact on two pve encounters I can think of, and one of those is old 60 content completed many times with no access to paladins. OK maybe it just seriously trivialized that encounter (panther boss in zg).
    Blind: Man, rogues needed something after the global pvp trinket change.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007

It was bad for Tauren. Apparently it's WORSE for NE.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    a penguin wrote: »
    also,
    Adjusted Yowler's level down to 20 (from 25).

poor Yowler.

They need to nerf 60% or Redridge though. Those quests with the elite Orcs are hardly worth doing.

People still get them done because the suck higher level guildmates into helping with them.

Seg on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Double length pally buffs? Yes please!

Shorter Polymorphs/Roots in Arena? Thank you!

Plutonium on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think sword spec has been altered more than all of the other talents put together.

Here's an idea!
    Just change it to +Crit!

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    New BoP gems gentlemen.
    Too bad I'm not a JC, pretty nice gems though.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wow falling star design. I think I'm going to stop bitching about the lack of solid star of elune recipes

edit: bah, its unique :(

Nobody on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Huh, I hadn't noticed the BoP part when I first saw those, I thought the catch was just the unique-equip part. That actually makes JC tempting. I wonder when they'll fix alchemy. >.>

riz on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    dojango wrote: »
    So, no Zul'Aman yet? The preview I read said they only had a couple of the bosses worked out. Be nice to have a 10-man ZG, tho.
    Kinda bummed that Zul'jin's the bossman of it, though. he's like the troll messiah or something. When we get to him and /charge, we'll be like, "for zuljin!" now attack zuljin!

I don't get it? is
    Zul'Jin
    a boss in Zul'Aman? where can I go see this?

Saban wrote: »
    Removing reagent from blind i can see, 1m/45s cooldown? go fuck yourself.
    Join me in making Blizzard realize they should stop listening to the whiners right now

Yes, brainleech, it was. I read about the new Zul'Aman (ZA, I guess) here. Hmm, it implies that it is in a future expansion, but also says it is meant as a successor to Karazhan... So who knows if it will be before or after the level cap is raised. Says they're incorporating all the fun of a 45 minute baron run into ZA, tho.

dojango on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hah, yeah, my jaw hit the floor, seeing an extra 6 stam coming from a star of elune, requiring just revered with LC, until I saw the BoP part.

Agreed, Riz, It's still ridiculous.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It's interesting how they really did succeed in making a lot of crafting professions viable in BC. Grats to them, I guess. It used to be "okay we have one ___ in the guild to make our resist gear" but since January I've watched so many people powerlevel tailoring, enchanting, leatherworking, blacksmithing...

riz on
  • Options
    martinimartini Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm not sure about this viper change... sounds like they want hunters, in addition to managing our shot cycles, to be managing our aspects to squeeze the most damage (i.e. mana) out of each aspect.

martini on
    I raised the wall. And I will be the one to knock it down.
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    People power level leatherworking? Why would anybody do that?

Bigity on
  • Options
    Evil DaveEvil Dave Loot Whore Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    martini wrote: »
    I'm not sure about this viper change... sounds like they want hunters, in addition to managing our shot cycles, to be managing our aspects to squeeze the most damage (i.e. mana) out of each aspect.

And you get more out of your class than you could before for doing so.

Unless you are a huntard.

Are you a huntard?

Evil Dave on
    Demerdar wrote: »
    Imagine 60 thousand people screaming at an egg.
    PAsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bigity wrote: »

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30306

riz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bigity wrote: »

They obviously hate themselves.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Power level leatherworking?

Slam your nuts in a desk drawer?

If I have to pause to think about it...it's not worth it.

I'm at 350something and there is where I'll stay.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I dropped that shit like a bad habit and am sooooo happy that I did.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    OK, so it looks like this *is* the Voice Chat patch. Yay!

I only need three things...Push to talk...The ability to mute individual other players...and the ability to choose the sound output/input for it.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    See? You asked for it..and then you went and asked for it to be functional and useful.

You can't have both.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm definitely worried about how well Blizz will be able to handle the data, and the quality etc. I don't foresee our guild giving up its vent server anytime soon, but I'd really love for Blizz's service to take off. Being able to see who, in the raid, is speaking would be a godsend.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Evil Dave wrote: »
    martini wrote: »

And you get more out of your class than you could before for doing so.

Unless you are a huntard.

Are you a huntard?
    If the choice is more damage with less fun, then yeah, I guess I'll be doing the micro-management that is required. But it still sucks that they're taking a class with some of the most annoying skill management and adding another annoying thing to manage.

martini on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Is there not a mod that will allow for that with Vent?

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah we all feel really bad for you hunters. You guys have it so hard...

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    DrZiplock wrote: »

I don't know, I've not looked.

I'm not a fan of having to get a bajillion mods for every little thing.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Yeah we all feel really bad for you hunters. You guys have it so hard...
    I'm glad you realize it. :)

martini on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    AQ enchants and the rep you need.
    Basically gotta be exalted to get the enchants. Fuck, I'm not exalted with any of them, I stopped at revered once I got my heroic key for em, and never want to step into another 5 man again (haven't for a good long while actually).

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Septus wrote: »

Although I've never tried it out, I have heard that there is a mod that will indicate who is speaking.

An in-game solution would be much more elegant, assuming it could be made to work right.

I hope some of my guildn's enchanters are Exalted with some of those factions - I want the Dodge and Threat enchants!

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Septus wrote: »

There's like a FuBar plugin at least that will show you who's talking, but only if they also have it installed.

riz on