Options

[WoW]Patch 2.2 notes from PTR

• Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    I'm definitely worried about how well Blizz will be able to handle the data, and the quality etc.

Yeah...I know what you mean...the reason that Moonrunner is the realm my Main is on isn't because it was my best choice, it was because on the realms I *wanted* to play on, I would randomly disconnect with low ping times. It makes me doubt that they can pull it off well (but I really hope it works out).

Details spoilered for offtopic:
    On one realm, it's only when I'm in Kalimdor. I'll be running around, and suddenly all the mobs quit moving, and any mobs "out of range" don't appear when I run toward them (like in a town for example). It's especially frustrating because I can't logout or exit the game while this is going on for a good 5-7 minutes. As my first experience playing WoW, it was enough to put me off buying the game for another 6 months.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    MittenMitten Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I really don't like the idea of in game voice chat. It probably won't replace Vent for guild stuff, and I don't want to be expected to talk/listen to whatever random idiots I picked up for Shattered Halls PUG #156.

Mitten on
  • Options
    ApplebeeApplebee Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well seems like all the people whining about the 25 second cooldown (with zg stuff) and the fact they cant use their blinding powders has got it changed.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=174636576&sid=1&pageNo=1

Blind reduction has been reverted, so it still several minute cooldown and still lets you enjoy using a reagent.

Applebee on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well as we mentioned the first time this came up, it will definitely be optional, you don't have to use it for 5 mans. If I'm in a 5 man group that's pretty decent though, I'd definitely give it a go instead of giving out my guild's vent info.

Edit: ZG stuff? What was the issue there?

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Applebee wrote: »
    Well seems like all the people whining about the 25 second cooldown (with zg stuff) and the fact they cant use their blinding powders has got it changed.

Blind reduction has been reverted, so it still several minute cooldown and still lets you enjoy using a reagent.

Well, that's fucking great. :|

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    ApplebeeApplebee Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    someones gonna log in here and post "haha I just sold 200 blinding powder to this rogue for 5G, guess he didn't catch the patch notes lol!" :P

Applebee on
  • Options
    MittenMitten Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well as we mentioned the first time this came up, it will definitely be optional, you don't have to use it for 5 mans. If I'm in a 5 man group that's pretty decent though, I'd definitely give it a go instead of giving out my guild's vent info.

I never doubted that you could turn it off, I'm just worried at the prospect of it becoming expected as it becomes a standard feature.

Mitten on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Edit: ZG stuff? What was the issue there?

The Rogue 3-piece ZG set reduces the cooldown of Blind by a flat 20 seconds.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Wavechaser wrote: »

This actually was something that was reverted prior to the PTR going up. It was just a case of the note not being removed beforehand.

Given the nature of PTRs and the notes for them, things will often get updated or changed as testing goes on. This is why we caution people on testing things and being aware that change can happen at any time while in testing.

jonxp on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

I hate hate fucking hate the fact that the whining bitchass PvPers call the shots in this game. Just when I thought I could finally get away with not having to go out and pick a weed to use one of my abilities, they pull the football away at the last moment. Goddamn those people.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Heh, sometimes I wish there was a completely different ruleset and completely locked out armor(no pve gear in pvp and vice versa) etc. Far too many nerfs occur in pve due to pvp whining.

Septus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hay Guyz, it was never actually on the PTR, and the patch notes were incorrect.

jonxp on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well, incorrect in saying what is on the PTR. But it was a proposed change that was temporarily removed. So it wasn't affected by whiners, but it's still something they thought about and decided against.

Septus on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Halfmex wrote: »

I hate hate fucking hate the fact that the whining bitchass PvPers call the shots in this game. Just when I thought I could finally get away with not having to go out and pick a weed to use one of my abilities, they pull the football away at the last moment. Goddamn those people.

I agree about the PVP whining part. However, you have an ability called pickpocket. No weeds required!

riz on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    jonxp wrote: »
    Hay Guyz, it was never actually on the PTR, and the patch notes were incorrect.

It partially is: according to the rogue forums the change to Elusiveness is on the PTR while the new Blind isn't. Something was forgotten :P

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    ohoh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Kunohara wrote: »
    AQ enchants and the rep you need.
    Basically gotta be exalted to get the enchants. Fuck, I'm not exalted with any of them, I stopped at revered once I got my heroic key for em, and never want to step into another 5 man again (haven't for a good long while actually).

I've been exalted with those factions for a while now, so lucky me.

Does anyone know what the rep requirement is for the Formula: Enchant Weapon - Greater Agility is? I am only revered with the Violet Eye and I won't be getting to exalted any time soon. Not like it matters, though. I don't get many enchanting requests.

oh on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    riz wrote: »

I agree about the PVP whining part. However, you have an ability called pickpocket. No weeds required!
    True, but not to nitpick, that has to guarantee that A) the mob is pickpocketable (henceforth a new word), B) picking said pocket results in a lock/junkbox and C) the 'box contains blinding powder. Not at all as simple as just going to a vendor and picking up a reagent, which it (at the very least) should be. I don't mind paying for it, but I shouldn't have to depend on droprates/farm for it. No class should have to farm for a reagent to use an ability.

Yes, that includes warlocks.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

True, but not to nitpick, that has to guarantee that A) the mob is pickpocketable (henceforth a new word), B) picking said pocket results in a lock/junkbox and C) the 'box contains blinding powder. Not at all as simple as just going to a vendor and picking up a reagent, which it (at the very least) should be. I don't mind paying for it, but I shouldn't have to depend on droprates/farm for it. No class should have to farm for a reagent to use an ability.

My kingdom for being able to buy shards. Every lock I've asked would buy em if they could.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    oh wrote: »
    Basically gotta be exalted to get the enchants. Fuck, I'm not exalted with any of them, I stopped at revered once I got my heroic key for em, and never want to step into another 5 man again (haven't for a good long while actually).

Does anyone know what the rep requirement is for the Formula: Enchant Weapon - Greater Agility is? I am only revered with the Violet Eye and I won't be getting to exalted any time soon. Not like it matters, though. I don't get many enchanting requests.

The old one? Honored with Timbermaw.

Which just so happens to be one of the reputations getting a buffed to earned rep in 2.2.

As long as you can earn more than 1 rep per kill at 70, I'll be happy.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Far as I can tell, pretty much every junkbox has blinding powder in it. At least 5. I usually have about 50 powder on that just accumulates because I don't use it too much, not being a pvper.

I just want them to fix the bug that causes your pet bar to disappear if you dismount in combat. That way my warlock friend will stop bitching.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ohoh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    korodullin wrote: »
    oh wrote: »

The old one? Honored with Timbermaw.

Which just so happens to be one of the reputations getting a buffed to earned rep in 2.2.

As long as you can earn more than 1 rep per kill at 70, I'll be happy.

No, the one from the Violet Eye. Hence the mention of my revered status. I am already revered with Timbermaw and I have both old world agility weapon enchants.

oh on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Reagents are dumb and people who defend them should feel dumb.

Zek on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    RE: Exalted/Exalted/Exalted/Exalted/Exalted/Exalted.

Aw crud. CE won't be too bad, and I've heard KoT isn't too bad once you start doing it. But Honor Hold is gonna stink for me.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    a penguina penguin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I had wanted HH exalted for the sword anyways.

I'm damn near LC exalted from all the "helping people get that exalted hammer".

I'm close to CE because Heroic Slave Pens is an easy badge farm.

Ditto for Sha'tar.

HH is the only holdout, and it's the only one I want exalted with. Le Sigh.

a penguin on
    This space eventually to be filled with excitement
  • Options
    Torque MonkeyTorque Monkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Eck, I was looking forward to that Blind change for Kael, but I guess that's out the window ;\

Torque Monkey on
    Gojira2.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If only they would chose the middle road, and make it 5min/no reagent. Reagents are a hassle and serve no real purpose except taking up inventory space and costing gold/time to get.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    SanderJK wrote: »
    If only they would chose the middle road, and make it 5min/no reagent. Reagents are a hassle and serve no real purpose except taking up inventory space and costing gold/time to get.

Yeah, except that Blind is an extremey useful ability. As far as a 1-1 fight goes, it's practically a pally bubble because it gives you the opportunity to bandage or whatever else you can squeeze in before it wears off. Only classes that actually can do anything about by themselves are pallies, semi-frost mages, and dwarves.

In either case it's a moot point for now. Apparently Blizzard took back the change to Blind for the time being. Can I get a woot?

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=174636576&sid=1

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Goatmon wrote: »

Yeah, except that Blind is an extremey useful ability. As far as a 1-1 fight goes, it's practically a pally bubble because it gives you the opportunity to bandage or whatever else you can squeeze in before it wears off. Only classes that actually can do anything about by themselves are pallies, semi-frost mages, and dwarves.

In either case it's a moot point for now. Apparently Blizzard took back the change to Blind for the time being. Can I get a woot?

Or a PvP trinket.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    poisnedcokepoisnedcoke Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Doku-san wrote: »

Or a PvP trinket.

Then you start stun locking.

poisnedcoke on
    I'm trilltastic, trilldacious even!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Sorry, blind is not "practically a pally bubble"

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Doku-san wrote: »

Or a PvP trinket.

Then you start stun locking.
    Try stun locking out of stealth and with kidney shot on a cooldown.
    Oh shi-

Rizzi on
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    X is overpowered, Y is shit and needs buffs.

Z is fine.

,_,

What on
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What wrote: »
    X is overpowered, Y is shit and needs buffs.

Z is fine.

,_,

X are warlocks, Y is your current class (even if its warlock!), Z is anyone else (except warlocks).

Kartan on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

It was until the recent (and delightful) change to the PVP trinket. =P

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It was similar in one way, that it allowed you to bandage. The way it accomplished this is nothing like a paladin bubble, and really only works in one on one situations which aren't even worth talking about.

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It was similar in one way, that it allowed you to bandage. The way it accomplished this is nothing like a paladin bubble, and really only works in one on one situations which aren't even worth talking about.

Nailed it.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Due to my paranoia I have 20 blinding powder on me and 20-40 in the bank on both my rogues

20? Heck, I carry 40 each of blinding powder and flash powder at all times.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

It was until the recent (and delightful) change to the PVP trinket. =P

Even then, no. No it wasn't.

Edit,

Refer to Frylocks post.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Due to my paranoia I have 20 blinding powder on me and 20-40 in the bank on both my rogues

20? Heck, I carry 40 each of blinding powder and flash powder at all times.

I don't know why, but I carry 80 flash powder and 20 blind powder on me at all times. Another 80 blind powder in the bank and about 2000 more on an alt bank character.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My experience with Blind is using it to keep an add out of the fight long enough for me to finish off my primary target, or I use it to shut down a healer, or use it to give me a few seconds of time to get away.

But my highest rogue is only 47 and the pvp experience I have on her is just BG experience.

Seg on