As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sony is almost assuredly phasing out 60GB PS3 in U.S. (OP update)

1235727

Posts

  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Sony has also announced a $499 standalone Blu-Ray player.

    I'm so confused as to what they think they are doing.

    http://www.contentagenda.com/blog/1500000150/post/1180010318.html

    apotheos on


    猿も木から落ちる
  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    Sony isn't completely retarded. They've realized by now that pricing the console at $600 was a huge fucking mistake and it just doesn't sell at that price. But they can't do anything about it because they can't afford to do such a heavy price drop so soon. They need to make back their losses eventually. Having a console that sells decently isn't much comfort when every sale is like a punch in the gut.

    They need to find the money for a price drop, because they'll have no chance of making more money later if they don't spend some money now. Their installed base is puny, and they're still losing ground to the 360 (and we won't even mention the Wii...). Sticking to the $600 price-point in an attempt to profit on each unit sold will just mean they won't make nearly as much money on game and peripheral sales, while the 360 will steal their entire market.

    This is an "lol Sony" moment in the truest sense. Just when I was starting to get excited about the PS3 (and thinking I might be able to get one around Christmas), they pull a Kojima-esque bait-and-switch.

    Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    devolve wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »

    But the chances of you getting a DRE system is quite a bit less than going out and buying a 360 now and getting a red ring. 30% > 2%. I'm not saying Sony is a better company at all, and I'm not really dissing Microsoft in this instance. Had there been a 30% drop rate of PS2 when I got mine, I simply would not have gotten mine at that time. That's all I'm saying here is that with a 30% failure rate, I'm not going to drop a couple hundred bucks and then have to wait a month or so while my console gets fixed. To be honest, I know all of 1 person that ever had a DRE, and that was, again, 5+ years after he got his console. Everyone else I know has had a 100% success rate. I still have my fat PS2, as does my girlfriend and my roommate.

    But that's my point. No one knows the real defect rate for PS2's because Sony never honored the fact that millions of PS2's were failing.

    But as far as anecdotal arguments go, I only know two people that have had to send in their 360. The other dozen or so are still kickin.

    Anecdotal evidence is a funny thing. Anecdotally I know 0 people that have 360s. I know 2 others that have a PS3, though. So, yeah, I'm not trying to prove anything anecdotally. I'm just saying that at the time that I bought my PS2 there was not a big failure rate, because had there been, then I wouldn't buy one. 30% is just too high for me to chance it. I do hope they fix the problem next year, though, because then I'll be on the 360 bandwagon. Until then, I can wait.


    Where is this 30% number coming from? Did MS admit something in the past couple of days that I somehow missed?

    The online poll that some people here were doing said 30% or so... I don't think MS admitted that high a number. They did say how much cash they were allocating to reimbursements, though, and that can be calculated back somewhat to estimate how many systems experienced an RROD. Either way, though, MS has to have remedied whatever was causing the RROD, otherwise why would they step forward and announce the new warranty/reimbursements?

    But anyway, that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about how Sony is diligently progressing down it's checklist of "How To Squander The Position Of Power We Earned Last Gen."

    Vargas Prime on
  • spectraspectra Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm not sure what the big deal is, it seems like everyone is forgetting that they are actually selling, RIGHT NOW at $499. If you want to get a PS3 for a reduced price, you can and its not some gimpy version either, its the same version everyone wanted to have its price cut. I remember everyone going lol sony, there are mountains of PS3s just sitting around going unsold so its not like this is some kind of 2 week sale or anything as I expect there to be tons of PS3s available.

    I know its not the greatest news, but people are like "I was going to get a PS3 because of the price drop, but now I'm not." Since you can go out and buy a PS3 for $499 right now and will be for the forseeable future, I don't understand this thinking.

    Oh well... It's early and maybe I'm just not in the lol sony mood...

    spectra on
  • devolvedevolve Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    devolve wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »

    But the chances of you getting a DRE system is quite a bit less than going out and buying a 360 now and getting a red ring. 30% > 2%. I'm not saying Sony is a better company at all, and I'm not really dissing Microsoft in this instance. Had there been a 30% drop rate of PS2 when I got mine, I simply would not have gotten mine at that time. That's all I'm saying here is that with a 30% failure rate, I'm not going to drop a couple hundred bucks and then have to wait a month or so while my console gets fixed. To be honest, I know all of 1 person that ever had a DRE, and that was, again, 5+ years after he got his console. Everyone else I know has had a 100% success rate. I still have my fat PS2, as does my girlfriend and my roommate.

    But that's my point. No one knows the real defect rate for PS2's because Sony never honored the fact that millions of PS2's were failing.

    But as far as anecdotal arguments go, I only know two people that have had to send in their 360. The other dozen or so are still kickin.

    Anecdotal evidence is a funny thing. Anecdotally I know 0 people that have 360s. I know 2 others that have a PS3, though. So, yeah, I'm not trying to prove anything anecdotally. I'm just saying that at the time that I bought my PS2 there was not a big failure rate, because had there been, then I wouldn't buy one. 30% is just too high for me to chance it. I do hope they fix the problem next year, though, because then I'll be on the 360 bandwagon. Until then, I can wait.


    Where is this 30% number coming from? Did MS admit something in the past couple of days that I somehow missed?

    The online poll that some people here were doing said 30% or so... I don't think MS admitted that high a number. They did say how much cash they were allocating to reimbursements, though, and that can be calculated back somewhat to estimate how many systems experienced an RROD. Either way, though, MS has to have remedied whatever was causing the RROD, otherwise why would they step forward and announce the new warranty/reimbursements?

    But anyway, that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about how Sony is diligently progressing down it's checklist of "How To Squander The Position Of Power We Earned Last Gen."


    This is what happens when you make bullshit polls and pretend they're useful: you start bullshit rumors with bullshit numbers.
    That thread should have never have happened, and it's going to be quoted for fucking months as goddamn fact.

    (not speaking to you directly)


    Oh, and sony fails, big time. I can't imagine them going through christmas without a price drop, but they may have actually convinced themselves that the Ipod business model is the way for them to go.

    devolve on
    detriot.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm not sure what the big deal is, it seems like everyone is forgetting that they are actually selling, RIGHT NOW at $499.
    But not for long. It is also a retarded business move that makes me wonder if Sony is run by retarded lemurs. Also, a lot of the people who want a PS3 don't want one right now but want one around Christmas.

    Couscous on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Annnnd much-needed sanity has turned into "This has been your 'Oh, Sony' for July 13, 2007".

    Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Look guys this was blindingly obviously going to happen.

    The Motorstorm bundle says "limited edition" in big bright letters right on the box. They will clear out old stock, then drop the 80 gig price point to $500, as it is less expensive to build tan the 60 gig version. It'll happen probably in September or October.

    It doesn't, and this is important, make it any less of a stupid move.

    Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

    I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

    Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    spectra wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the big deal is, it seems like everyone is forgetting that they are actually selling, RIGHT NOW at $499. If you want to get a PS3 for a reduced price, you can and its not some gimpy version either, its the same version everyone wanted to have its price cut. I remember everyone going lol sony, there are mountains of PS3s just sitting around going unsold so its not like this is some kind of 2 week sale or anything as I expect there to be tons of PS3s available.

    I know its not the greatest news, but people are like "I was going to get a PS3 because of the price drop, but now I'm not." Since you can go out and buy a PS3 for $499 right now and will be for the forseeable future, I don't understand this thinking.

    Oh well... It's early and maybe I'm just not in the lol sony mood...

    I think it's because most people are saying, "$499 is still too much for the games that are out there now, but when MGS or FF come out, I might go for it...and there might even be another price drop by that time." But with this announcement, the only PS3's available when those games come out may still cost $599.

    On a related note, the 60 GB version shot up Amazon sales charts, and it's still there, and I don't think there's been any indication of stock getting low. So, what I'd like to know is this: just how many of these things are sitting around in warehouses anyways?

    Doctor Detroit on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    spectra wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the big deal is, it seems like everyone is forgetting that they are actually selling, RIGHT NOW at $499. If you want to get a PS3 for a reduced price, you can and its not some gimpy version either, its the same version everyone wanted to have its price cut. I remember everyone going lol sony, there are mountains of PS3s just sitting around going unsold so its not like this is some kind of 2 week sale or anything as I expect there to be tons of PS3s available.

    I know its not the greatest news, but people are like "I was going to get a PS3 because of the price drop, but now I'm not." Since you can go out and buy a PS3 for $499 right now and will be for the forseeable future, I don't understand this thinking.

    Oh well... It's early and maybe I'm just not in the lol sony mood...
    This is assuming that each one of these people had a spare $500 sitting under their mattress. If you have the money now, then yes, you can go and buy it and be happy. But a lot of people were going to buy the $500 PS3 this fall/winter, but there may not be any left. And a third, much larger, section of people saw this as a stepping stone to the PS3 reaching $400/$300/$XXX -- but this is only temporary, and eventually the actual cost of a PS3 will bounce back up to $600, just as it was in November '06.

    I'm irritated because I'm in the third section: I will buy and love my PS3, but it'll be the last system I pick up, just as I got my GC, PS2 and PSP all when they had a number of price drops under their belts. At this rate I will be waiting forever.

    Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    spectra wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the big deal is, it seems like everyone is forgetting that they are actually selling, RIGHT NOW at $499. If you want to get a PS3 for a reduced price, you can and its not some gimpy version either, its the same version everyone wanted to have its price cut. I remember everyone going lol sony, there are mountains of PS3s just sitting around going unsold so its not like this is some kind of 2 week sale or anything as I expect there to be tons of PS3s available.

    I know its not the greatest news, but people are like "I was going to get a PS3 because of the price drop, but now I'm not." Since you can go out and buy a PS3 for $499 right now and will be for the forseeable future, I don't understand this thinking.

    Oh well... It's early and maybe I'm just not in the lol sony mood...

    Lots of people were excited about the drop to $500, because it means that $400 is likely only one drop away, $300 too. Those are the breaking points for lots of people, myself included, I'm sure. Now we're back to where we started.

    edit - beat'd, missed that post. hi5, Lunker.

    bruin on
  • shroudedshrouded Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wonder how consumers will react to all of the confusion this could cause. Remember all the drama when Microsoft confirmed that there would be multiple SKUs? It was like the sky was falling, because consumers obviously wouldn't be able to figure out what to buy.

    Now, imagine being a consumer who doesn't follow Sony's announcements as closely as we do, trying to figure this all out. They just saw people talking on CNN about how Sony dropped the price $100. So, in a paycheck or so (say, mid-August), they will take their cash to the store to the PS3 only to find out that the cheaper one the guy on CNN talked about is sold out, permanently... but there is a more expensive version they can buy. Now they can pay the extra $100, which they probably won't do or they would already have bought a PS3, or go hunting for a shop that still has 60G units left. Maybe, just maybe, they will be frustrated enough to go ahead and buy the $600 version.

    So, what then if after all 60G units are out of the channel, Sony does as we think they might and drop the $600 version back to $500? That will be happening in the fall, when parents will start thinking about Christmas shopping. Will they have to keep track of which model they are buying? Having multiple SKUs isn't that confusing, because people still figure it out, because they understand that there is a "expensive version" and a "cheap version," and buy the one they think is right for them. But, what happens if month-to-month the cheap and expensive versions appear to swap places? Or the expensive version this month is the cheap version next month, and then becomes expensive again? People who want the cheap version may wait to see if the expensive version drops in price in another month, and buyers for the expensive one may wait because they are afraid that what they buy will turn into the cheap version and be replaced by something better next month.

    God, what a mess they are making.

    shrouded on
    Now Playing: Wii: Nothing. PS3: Netflix. 360: Nothing. PC: Skyrim. OSX: Nothing. iOS: Elder Sign. Vita: Wipeout 2048, Persona 3, Lumines.
  • RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I can't help but think that this is a move to try to trick retailers into purchasing more consoles (thus pleasing Sony's stockholders). Drop the price by $100 on existing stock, retailers sell out, they try to replenish their supply and Sony says, "Sorry, we no longer have the $500 model, but here please buy the new $600 model." I just wonder how long retailers are going to take this bait and switching before they say forget this and reduce the floor space given to the PS3 and games or even drop it all together in favor of the easy sales off of the Wii and the steady sales of the 360.

    And to the people complaining about the 360's failure rate, they fixed it (according to the new XBox 360 warranty letter). If you purchase a console now and make sure that it's a new model, you shouldn't have any major problems with it.

    RainbowDespair on
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Look guys this was blindingly obviously going to happen.

    The Motorstorm bundle says "limited edition" in big bright letters right on the box. They will clear out old stock, then drop the 80 gig price point to $500, as it is less expensive to build tan the 60 gig version. It'll happen probably in September or October.

    It doesn't, and this is important, make it any less of a stupid move.

    Except that they are saying their plan is to return to the one single $599 bundle, not "Hey, we're clearing out old stock THEN going to price drop again".

    KiTA on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh god... Oh jesus.

    I can't believe I woke up to this news. Just as I was starting to think Sony might be able to turn this thing around.

    Wow. Just wow. Bravo Sony, you did it again.

    Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    spectra wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the big deal is, it seems like everyone is forgetting that they are actually selling, RIGHT NOW at $499. If you want to get a PS3 for a reduced price, you can and its not some gimpy version either, its the same version everyone wanted to have its price cut. I remember everyone going lol sony, there are mountains of PS3s just sitting around going unsold so its not like this is some kind of 2 week sale or anything as I expect there to be tons of PS3s available.

    I know its not the greatest news, but people are like "I was going to get a PS3 because of the price drop, but now I'm not." Since you can go out and buy a PS3 for $499 right now and will be for the forseeable future, I don't understand this thinking.

    Oh well... It's early and maybe I'm just not in the lol sony mood...

    But why buy one now, if they're going to drop the price of a BETTER one in the near future? That's the point, we don't like the idea of being screwed this many times in one year. (Two in a year is okay, but three? Fuck that!)

    I feel really sorry for those who bought the 20GB PS3 for $499. If they would have waited through all the sub-par games on the PS3, they would have a 60GB right now for the exact same cost.

    Sony's learned how to "fuck it up" this generation. That's for damn sure. I had a busted 360, and I returned it to a gift card for $400. I was pretty close to picking up a PS3, but I read this...

    So now I have my 360 back.

    urahonky on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Urahonky, shut the hell up. Seriously. I don't see you camping on MS doorstep bitching for the people who bought a console BEFORE they decided they were worth fixing. The situation hasn't changed. If you want a PS3, get off your ass and buy one. If you're in here to bitch with no intention of ever buying one then you're just taking up valuable web space.

    DarkWarrior on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Urahonky, shut the hell up. Seriously. I don't see you camping on MS doorstep bitching for the people who bought a console BEFORE they decided they were worth fixing. The situation hasn't changed. If you want a PS3, get off your ass and buy one. If you're in here to bitch with no intention of ever buying one then you're just taking up valuable web space.
    However, I do see you doing this.

    How odd.

    Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    UPDATE 1: Now SCEA is denying the entire statement.
    PS3 60 Gig Phase-Out ‘False’ Says SCEA
    SCEA has denied 'inaccurate' reports that its $100 price cut on the 60Gig PS3 is simply a move to clear stock before offering solely the higher priced 80Gig version

    A spokesperson for Sony in the US told Next-Gen, “"As announced this week, SCEA's product offering in North America consists of a 80GB PS3 available in August at $599 and a 60GB PS3 available now for $499. We have will have ample supplies of both models to meet the needs of our consumers for the foreseeable future."

    Officials at Sony Computer entertainment Europe – including president David Reeves – had said that the US price would still be $599 because that would be the only model on offer once 60Gig stocks ran out. If true, this would have rendered the $100 price cut a virtually pointless gesture, meaning that PS3 had not been cut in price, but was simply being offered with extra memory and a bundled game.

    SCEA has reacted with puzzlement to the European perspective, suggesting that there may have been an incorrect interpretation. The spokesperson said, “Those quotes [published by a UK-based game industry website] from David Reeves are not accurate. He said that if they had lowered the price in Europe, that territory would have run out of their current inventory by the end of July.”

    Previously, a senior PR at Sony in London had backed Reeves statement, confirming that he had been talking about the US market, though the PR later distanced London from the remarks, telling Next-Gen, “I believe that is the plan, but SCEA has not formally made an announcement on any timeframe. As it affects the US you should confirm with SCEA.
”

    SCEA subsequently denied the story entirely. However, questions will now be raised about the company's long term plans for the 60Gig version and for its $599 / $499 pricing strategy.

    Note that this directly contradicts what Hirai said in this vid:
    Well, again, just from a hardware perspective, the 499 dollar price adjustment that we did for the 60 GB version, for the american market, uh, we're no longer in production for that product, so uh once that product is gone from the retailer shelves, then we're back to the $599 SKU only, so it's not like we have a two price strategy here in the US market. We found out very early on, you know, consumers react mostly to just having one SKU as opposed to two.

    Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Urahonky, shut the hell up. Seriously. I don't see you camping on MS doorstep bitching for the people who bought a console BEFORE they decided they were worth fixing. The situation hasn't changed. If you want a PS3, get off your ass and buy one. If you're in here to bitch with no intention of ever buying one then you're just taking up valuable web space.

    I'm not camping on PS3's doorstep about this either. So I don't get your point.

    Of course I think it's lame that Microsoft could let this Red Ring of Death go on for so long (if you go in the thread about it, I have a nice rant about it).

    But if I have a choice between the 360 breaking, or the PS3 breaking my bank. I'll choose the 360.

    Oh, and I'll buy one. When it gets less than $500.

    Jeeze, you're a little testy today. Relax bro. :)

    urahonky on
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lunker wrote: »
    UPDATE 1: Now SCEA is denying the entire statement.
    PS3 60 Gig Phase-Out ‘False’ Says SCEA
    SCEA has denied 'inaccurate' reports that its $100 price cut on the 60Gig PS3 is simply a move to clear stock before offering solely the higher priced 80Gig version

    A spokesperson for Sony in the US told Next-Gen, “"As announced this week, SCEA's product offering in North America consists of a 80GB PS3 available in August at $599 and a 60GB PS3 available now for $499. We have will have ample supplies of both models to meet the needs of our consumers for the foreseeable future."

    Officials at Sony Computer entertainment Europe – including president David Reeves – had said that the US price would still be $599 because that would be the only model on offer once 60Gig stocks ran out. If true, this would have rendered the $100 price cut a virtually pointless gesture, meaning that PS3 had not been cut in price, but was simply being offered with extra memory and a bundled game.

    SCEA has reacted with puzzlement to the European perspective, suggesting that there may have been an incorrect interpretation. The spokesperson said, “Those quotes [published by a UK-based game industry website] from David Reeves are not accurate. He said that if they had lowered the price in Europe, that territory would have run out of their current inventory by the end of July.”

    Previously, a senior PR at Sony in London had backed Reeves statement, confirming that he had been talking about the US market, though the PR later distanced London from the remarks, telling Next-Gen, “I believe that is the plan, but SCEA has not formally made an announcement on any timeframe. As it affects the US you should confirm with SCEA.
”

    SCEA subsequently denied the story entirely. However, questions will now be raised about the company's long term plans for the 60Gig version and for its $599 / $499 pricing strategy.

    Note that this directly contradicts what Hirai said in this vid:
    Well, again, just from a hardware perspective, the 499 dollar price adjustment that we did for the 60 GB version, for the american market, uh, we're no longer in production for that product, so uh once that product is gone from the retailer shelves, then we're back to the $599 SKU only, so it's not like we have a two price strategy here in the US market. We found out very early on, you know, consumers react mostly to just having one SKU as opposed to two.

    i think sony just does shit like this to see a reaction if it's good or not.

    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lunker wrote: »

    Of course they are. They denied the 20GB cancellation in the US and denied the shitty software based emulation int he UK and denied, well, pretty much everything.

    Hell, they even denied this fire sale was coming up until the day it happened.

    Short story is I think this got out way too early for their plans. They would have preferred it got out in a week or two, when no one was paying attention, or just never have been confirmed at all. Then they could have just played the "Oh, I guess the 60GB version is just selling like hotcakes! Oh well... but you can still buy the 80GB version in any store" card.

    KiTA on
  • spectraspectra Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    spectra wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the big deal is, it seems like everyone is forgetting that they are actually selling, RIGHT NOW at $499. If you want to get a PS3 for a reduced price, you can and its not some gimpy version either, its the same version everyone wanted to have its price cut. I remember everyone going lol sony, there are mountains of PS3s just sitting around going unsold so its not like this is some kind of 2 week sale or anything as I expect there to be tons of PS3s available.

    I know its not the greatest news, but people are like "I was going to get a PS3 because of the price drop, but now I'm not." Since you can go out and buy a PS3 for $499 right now and will be for the forseeable future, I don't understand this thinking.

    Oh well... It's early and maybe I'm just not in the lol sony mood...

    But why buy one now, if they're going to drop the price of a BETTER one in the near future? That's the point, we don't like the idea of being screwed this many times in one year. (Two in a year is okay, but three? Fuck that!)

    I feel really sorry for those who bought the 20GB PS3 for $499. If they would have waited through all the sub-par games on the PS3, they would have a 60GB right now for the exact same cost.

    Sony's learned how to "fuck it up" this generation. That's for damn sure. I had a busted 360, and I returned it to a gift card for $400. I was pretty close to picking up a PS3, but I read this...

    So now I have my 360 back.

    But the 60GB version with the EE still in it is the better version...so I guess your loss :P

    spectra on
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    olol sony?

    Microsoft must just be laughing right now. They don't even have to cut the price of their 360's now, since the price cusion they have over the PS3 has been restored.

    wtf sony?

    wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Urahonky, shut the hell up. Seriously. I don't see you camping on MS doorstep bitching for the people who bought a console BEFORE they decided they were worth fixing. The situation hasn't changed. If you want a PS3, get off your ass and buy one. If you're in here to bitch with no intention of ever buying one then you're just taking up valuable web space.

    I always find it funny how your avatar fits so perfectly with your general attitude on this board.

    Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So when do they stop lying?

    AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Urahonky, shut the hell up. Seriously. I don't see you camping on MS doorstep bitching for the people who bought a console BEFORE they decided they were worth fixing. The situation hasn't changed. If you want a PS3, get off your ass and buy one. If you're in here to bitch with no intention of ever buying one then you're just taking up valuable web space.

    I always find it funny how your avatar fits so perfectly with your general attitude on this board.

    Do you dare talk to the prince of all the arcad-jin?

    DarkWarrior on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Joystiq had an interview with Kaz Hirai and Jack Tretton that had a very telling statement that could explain this mix-up..
    Joystiq: So why no word about rumble?

    Jack: Well, I guess at this point the SIXAXIS controller is something that we're comfortable with and we've certainly settled our differences with Immersion. Is it something that can happen down the road? Absolutely. But the bottom line is we haven't made that decision and we didn't have anything to announce or introduce. Will we down the road? Possibly, but it's unbeknownst to me if we have a rumble controller coming out.

    Oh I think you'd know before anyone!

    [laughter] Well, you'd be surprised! It's a big company...

    Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Urahonky, shut the hell up. Seriously. I don't see you camping on MS doorstep bitching for the people who bought a console BEFORE they decided they were worth fixing. The situation hasn't changed. If you want a PS3, get off your ass and buy one. If you're in here to bitch with no intention of ever buying one then you're just taking up valuable web space.

    I always find it funny how your avatar fits so perfectly with your general attitude on this board.
    You'll have top forgive DarkWarrior, sometimes he doesn't speak so clearly, what with the PS3's cock down his throat and all.

    Snake Gandhi on
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Urahonky, shut the hell up. Seriously. I don't see you camping on MS doorstep bitching for the people who bought a console BEFORE they decided they were worth fixing. The situation hasn't changed. If you want a PS3, get off your ass and buy one. If you're in here to bitch with no intention of ever buying one then you're just taking up valuable web space.

    I always find it funny how your avatar fits so perfectly with your general attitude on this board.
    You'll have top forgive DarkWarrior, sometimes he doesn't speak so clearly, what with the PS3's cock down his throat and all.

    Aww come on now, don't throw oil on the fire.

    Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Urahonky, shut the hell up. Seriously. I don't see you camping on MS doorstep bitching for the people who bought a console BEFORE they decided they were worth fixing. The situation hasn't changed. If you want a PS3, get off your ass and buy one. If you're in here to bitch with no intention of ever buying one then you're just taking up valuable web space.

    I always find it funny how your avatar fits so perfectly with your general attitude on this board.
    You'll have top forgive DarkWarrior, sometimes he doesn't speak so clearly, what with the PS3's cock down his throat and all.

    Aww come on now, don't throw oil on the fire.
    Eh, I thought it was amusing....

    Snake Gandhi on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So when do they stop lying?
    When their mouths stop moving. BADA-BING!

    Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well then. There goes that.

    OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I've been thinking...

    Is this more "WTF Sony" or "D: Sony?"

    Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You know how they have 'ignore poster' filters on forums like these? I need one of those for Sony PR. No PR-speak BS, no more olol Sony, I just walk into my local game store one day and see a PS3 sitting on the shelf at a truly reasonable mass market price and buy one.

    Of course that day might be in 2013, but still. Better than listening to this crap over and over until they get their shit together.

    JihadJesus on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And how many months passed between the time the 20GB vanished and the time they finally admitted it was gone?

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    And how many months passed between the time the 20GB vanished and the time they finally admitted it was gone?

    From time of launch...I'd say around 3-ish months.

    chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    So when do they stop lying?
    When their mouths stop moving. BADA-BING!

    :lol: But can't they still lie in writing?

    Doctor Detroit on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I changed the headline a bit just because I'm tired of trying to figure out who's right and who's wrong.

    Lord, the respective Sony execs need to talk to each other and figure out what to tell the press and when. Use text messages or semaphore flags or something, man, just figure out what you want to say before you say it.

    Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lunker wrote: »
    I changed the headline a bit just because I'm tired of trying to figure out who's right and who's wrong.

    Lord, the respective Sony execs need to talk to each other and figure out what to tell the press and when. Use text messages or semaphore flags or something, man, just figure out what you want to say before you say it.

    Could do the same thing Chenney does with things like press releases and stamp it to say "Treat as Secret"

    chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
Sign In or Register to comment.