Options

Why Is There No Wii Fit Thread?

• Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Lave II wrote: »
    walnutmon wrote: »
    I came acrross a little harsh in the last post. Sorry about that.

But man, either you didn't read my post, or you did it on purpose. I agree with you. It's not proper exercise. But it does chart you health. In that way it will be the basis of my health, rather than the rather shitty weight mesurements I jot in the back of my moleskin.

I don't mean it will be my actual exercise routine.

No biggie. I just think Nintendo is getting awfully cocky. They getting into health games?! There are going to be a bunch of out of shape people thinking that they are excercising properly, but without a decent emphasis on other branches of health it is very easy to do more physical damage than good.

They may do it right, and I will give them that I do not really know yet. But a health game that isn't conscious of any possible dangers of excersise could turn into a class action lawsuit. Gyms have insurance to that kind of thing, I doubt that Nintendo does.

Being needlessly Xenophobic for a second, are you American? Because here in Europe almost no one would give a shit about that, but that keeps coming up from you guys (I think at least). If people injure themselves during it - it's their own fault.

On top of that I'm sure Nintendo will have thought through all "being sued" angles.

But seriously this "lawsuit mentality" of the states spoils everyones fun. And will dumb it down to avoid injuries.

If a person can't look after their own body, and can't follow instructions, they don't deserve to be able to sue anyone about it.

We better hope Nintendo doesn't come out with a Coffee Cup peripheral.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You do realize that to get any impact out of the level of effort you could put in on this thing without breaking it you'd need to do maybe 2-3 hours on it a day right? And boasting that it calculates BMI and logs exercise for you? Ive got a suggestion for you, tape measure, scales and Excel. You want to compete with someone? Get your buddy and go to the gym for 60 minutes of cardio. That'll do you more good than a whole week of using this thing.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    tbloxham wrote: »
    You do realize that to get any impact out of the level of effort you could put in on this thing without breaking it you'd need to do maybe 2-3 hours on it a day right? And boasting that it calculates BMI and logs exercise for you? Ive got a suggestion for you, tape measure, scales and Excel. You want to compete with someone? Get your buddy and go to the gym for 60 minutes of cardio. That'll do you more good than a whole week of using this thing.

So would altering one's diet and taking up sports. However, as stated, that isn't the target market of this thing, in that this is a casual approach to getting a wii bit of fitness...emphasis on casual.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    Lave IILave II Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    squirly wrote: »
    God F'ing dammit Nintendo. MAKE GAMES. I'm sick of this "educational software" bullshit. I don't buy consoles to take IQ tests, play minigames, or work out.

SMASH BROTHERS METROID PRIME MARIO KART MARIO GALAXY ALL CANCELLED

NINTENDO TO ONLY MANUFACTURE MOTION SENSING DUMBBELLS

Dude's I wanted to see Die Hard 4 and Spider Man 3 this xmas, but it turns out all they make these days it's fucking rom-coms, that a fucking documentaries about American Hospitals. Jesus. They've abandoned me.

FUCK YOU PARAMOUNT, FUCK YOU SONY, MAKE ONLY ONE GENRE OF FILM PLEASE. KTHNX BYE>
    Err, wouldn't a better analogy/comparison be him complaining about documentaries and only wantng action/comedy/thriller/horror/etc?

I think this whole board thing is pretty meh, personally, in fact, I think it's pretty lame/horrible but for the 7 casual gamers and 2 hardcore Nintendo fans who buy it (Okay, lots more will buy it but I'm somewhat making a point with the small #s) I'm sure they'll have a lot of fun before they push it aside and it collects dust.

Thats kinda what I was going for. How about:

Fuck BMG make Classical CDs now. GREAT NO MORE FUCKING METAL FOR ME!

And I think it's pretty telling that a) you use casual and hardcore to seperate people into two groups. My girlfirend is pretty "casual" when it comes to games, but can beat me in Mario Kart, 1 life Super Mario Land and loves Resident Evil 4. Please put her into one of your placeholders please. and b) you talk about how they'll push it aside after they've finished with it.

You do realise that gamings one of the most disposable entertainment mediums in existance? They'll retire the entire console in a few years!

Lave II on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Doing cardio at the gym is fucking boring. Yeah you feel good afterwards, but the process is one of the most boring things in the world.

This game tries to combine light exercise with multimedia entertainment. Try to get that through your thick skull instead of showing us that you are completely missing the point.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    FireWeasel wrote: »

So would altering one's diet and taking up sports. However, as stated, that isn't the target market of this thing, in that this is a casual approach to getting a wii bit of fitness...emphasis on casual.

I love this. Just keep ignoring what I post. I have an spread sheet. I keep a record in my little moleskine notebook. And it's fucking dull. I do not open OpenOffice to "Have Fun."

I would play Wii Fit to compare my BMI progress to my GFs, boast, and then play keepy uppy. It's making part of an essential, but inherently dull, activity fun.

You can use that kind of reduction on anything. Why play driving games when you can actually go drive? Oh wait, because driving games can make it more fun!

Lave II on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm really excited for the Balance Board. It could be as revolutionary and intuitive a concept as the Wii Remote.

Sure, skateboarding and surfing have been mentioned, and I'm sure a lot of people have thought of Wave Race, but there are a lot of other little touches this could add to games. Take a baseball game out of Wii Sports 2. You know how much your feet are involved with batting? This really is another step towards immersion.

Someone else mentioned WarioWare, and I think that's a superb idea.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Seriously. Bitching about WiiFit because "you can just go to a gym and do cardio lol" is like bitching about Brain Age because you can just go read a book. It's a game. Moreso than really making people healthy, the real point is to be fun to people who are interested in fitness.

Zek on
  • Options
    squirlysquirly Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    God F'ing dammit Nintendo. MAKE GAMES. I'm sick of this "educational software" bullshit. I don't buy consoles to take IQ tests, play minigames, or work out.

Dude's I wanted to see Die Hard 4 and Spider Man 3 this xmas, but it turns out all they make these days it's fucking rom-coms, that a fucking documentaries about American Hospitals. Jesus. They've abandoned me.

FUCK YOU PARAMOUNT, FUCK YOU SONY, MAKE ONLY ONE GENRE OF FILM PLEASE. KTHNX BYE>
    Err, wouldn't a better analogy/comparison be him complaining about documentaries and only wantng action/comedy/thriller/horror/etc?

I think this whole board thing is pretty meh, personally, in fact, I think it's pretty lame/horrible but for the 7 casual gamers and 2 hardcore Nintendo fans who buy it (Okay, lots more will buy it but I'm somewhat making a point with the small #s) I'm sure they'll have a lot of fun before they push it aside and it collects dust.

And I think it's pretty telling that a) you use casual and hardcore to seperate people into two groups. My girlfirend is pretty "casual" when it comes to games, but can beat me in Mario Kart, 1 life Super Mario Land and loves Resident Evil 4. Please put her into one of your placeholders please. and b) you talk about how they'll push it aside after they've finished with it.

You do realise that gamings one of the most disposable entertainment mediums in existance? They'll retire the entire console in a few years!
    I still think your analogy is way off, you're simplifying it to suit your argument. Your original analogy was in reply to RonnieWooWoo! complaining about the abundance of 'silly' games - so, if BMG started making the majority of it's CDs classical than we might have a problem. Also, it wouldn't be 'no more metal' it would be no more 'punk/rock/etc' - which was one of the original problems with your analogy, you simplified it a bit too much to make others look silly. :o

You can't pretend I said things. I said I think the board will be pushed aside but I never said anything about the Wii and while your GF does like those games why does it mean that she will like the board? I just think it will be a failed accessory like so many other accessories on other consoles through the decades. Of course, this has Nintendo behind it but unlike the WiiMote it's not something you get with the console and won't have the same focus from first/third party developers. D:

I'll definitely give it a go and I'll probably enjoy it for a short time, but that's it, and so far there is no way this thing looks buy-worthy and like a good long-term investment, but of course, it was just announced so we need to give it time to mature, etc.

squirly on
    Diablo2 [US West; Ladder]: *DorianGraph [New/Main] *outsidewhale [Old]
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ah, Wii Fit. The easiest, nicest way to say to gamers and non-gamers alike, "YOU'RE FAT, GET OFF YOUR ASS AND DO SOMETHING."

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6174737.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0
    [5:24] Q: What other applications does Miyamoto see for the Wii Fit controller in the future?

[5:25] A: There's a variety of possibilities. One example is a snowboarding game. In fact, Wii Fit already includes a skiing game, so adapting this would be easy. Third parties will be free to develop their own ideas for the Wii balance board as well.

5:33] When asked about more applications of the Wii balance board, some medical professionals have already expressed an interest in using the device for possible treatment of patients.

[5:36] Miyamoto comments on the recently announced peripherals like the Wii zapper and steering wheel. Since the expensive technology is all contained in the Wii remote and nunchuk, Nintendo is able to release numerous such peripherals at low cost.

[5:42] When asked whether the balance board will be available in different sizes for different markets, Miyamoto says consideration may be ongoing, but whether or not a "super-sized" version will be available in America isn't decided. (Yes, his words.)

Skiing game!

And Nelson style Ha ha!

Lave II on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If the board's actually big enough, what if they made a Drum game, packed with two plastic drum sticks and a very thin plastic cover to clamp on the board with circles of different colors on it?
    Drumming game.

Or, if the pad isn't large enough but is extremely sensitive: Piano game.

Pop'N'Music?

Djiem on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Djiem wrote: »
    If the board's actually big enough, what if they made a Drum game, packed with two plastic drum sticks and a very thin plastic cover to clamp on the board with circles of different colors on it?
    Drumming game.

Pop'N'Music?

Kinda like the next generation of those films you put over your TV way back in the day to give you Football or Hockey?
    Nice.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I still think your analogy is way off, you're simplifying it to suit your argument. Your original analogy was in reply to RonnieWooWoo! complaining about the abundance of 'silly' games - so, if BMG started making the majority of it's CDs classical than we might have a problem. Also, it wouldn't be 'no more metal' it would be no more 'punk/rock/etc' - which was one of the original problems with your analogy, you simplified it a bit too much to make others look silly. :o

You can't pretend I said things. I said I think the board will be pushed aside but I never said anything about the Wii and while your GF does like those games why does it mean that she will like the board?

I just think it will be a failed accessory like so many other accessories on other consoles through the decades. Of course, this has Nintendo behind it but unlike the WiiMote it's not something you get with the console and won't have the same focus from first/third party developers. D:

I'll definitely give it a go and I'll probably enjoy it for a short time, but that's it, and so far there is no way this thing looks buy-worthy and like a good long-term investment, but of course, it was just announced so we need to give it time to mature, etc.

Replying to the bolds in sequence. Of course its a simplification but you prove my point. Nintendo have Wii Fit and Brain Training 2 for the Wii and DS. That was there two "casual" (what a horrid word) games coming soon. In the same time scale they have
    Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Brawl, Phantom Hourglass, Fire Emblem, Tingle RPG, Mario Kart and Mario Soccer. at least.

The current ownership of computers game purely by us geeks hughly, and artifically, limits and stunts the genres of games available. Thats why Wii Fit seems so left field.

As I've said before it's the same way the perception of comics in the west stunts the genres of comics available. And thats not a good thing. Though people here seem to think it is.

And please list me all these failed accesories. Because accesories are made for a single game. If they extend beyond that - thats great - but to say otherwise would put Guitar Hero in the failure camp. But you do lead to the very good point - that as your buying this for a single game - it better not be too expensive.

The point with my GF was that most of the people here who use terms like "casual" and "hardcore" without dying a little inside would class her as casual. They don't realise that most "casual" players are some of the most hardcore players they'll ever meet. It's just there aren't enough games they care about. Thats why we need to expand the genres available.

For instance I find it very interesting what Iwata was saying about Zelda DS and how it's been a huge hit with 20-30''s women looking for new games after nintendogs/brain training. I've noticed that in my GF too.

And it also proves that extending the audience and genres available makes "our" genres more healthy - not less.

Lave II on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Damn, sorry squirly, not being able to edit means that post will forever be illegable. Ah well.
    Drumming game.

Pop'N'Music?

Kinda like the next generation of those films you put over your TV way back in the day to give you Football or Hockey?
    Nice.

I think those ideas are unlikley, but as it's wireless like the Wii remote, it means it will be standard bluetooth.

I'm quite looking forward, to stashing it under my desk, as (at least) two extra keyboard buttons.

Quick Expose? Or Next track. Or volume. Or emergency hide all windows button or....

Hands free browsing anyone?

Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more!

Lave II on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Damn, sorry squirly, not being able to edit means that post will forever be illegable. Ah well.
    Drumming game.

Pop'N'Music?

Nice.

I think those ideas are unlikley, but as it's wireless like the Wii remote, it means it will be standard bluetooth.

I'm quite looking forward, to stashing it under my desk, as (at least) two extra keyboard buttons.

Quick Expose? Or Next track. Or volume. Or emergency hide all windows button or....

Hands free browsing anyone?

Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more!

Yes, it's very unlikely, but it's not any less awesome ;-)
    And yeah, improvolone, I was thinking of something like the Intellivision controller films.

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh very true. Very awesome.

But no one go round building my hopes about more nintendo Donkey Konga style games ok! I can't take that kind of abuse. And that includes you! :)

Lave II on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh very true. Very awesome.

But no one go round building my hopes about more nintendo Donkey Konga style games ok! I can't take that kind of abuse. And that includes you! :)

Too bad for you, I always have crazy awesome ideas and I want to share them with the world!
    And that includes you.

Djiem on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I don't think ANYONE claimed that thisdoes things that there was NO WAY to ever do before.

The difference isthat it automates some of the processes, which makes it easier. You don't have to keep track of spread sheets, or twist awkwardly with a tape measurer.

Not to mention that there are people out there who are embarassed to go to the gym because of just how out of shape they are.

No one is suggestingthat some one who already goes to the gym regularly should get this game. This game is not a substitue for the gym. But this game DOES appeal to some people who wouldn't be going to the gym either way. Those people now get a work out when they wouldn't have been getting one before.

Evander on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Can I chime in here and say... I don't get it.

What is the point of this balance board? Is it entirely for fitness games? What the fuck is a fitness game? Who plays fitness games? To me, Nintendo preaching excercise is in the same category as when McDonalds did the same. I got a 13 hour shift in front of me, all of it sitting in front of this computer. I want to talk Wii Fitness.

How old are you? Some day your metabolism will go on strike and you'll be excited about something like this.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    All I see out of this is fatass people buying it at my store and returning it a week later because they did something stupid to it.

In all seriousness, this sounds like a fun idea. I can't wait for other companies to utilize this board.

Snowboard Kids Wii, anyone? (And if it's anything like the DS version, Atlus, I WILL KILL YOU)

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    walnutmonwalnutmon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

But man, either you didn't read my post, or you did it on purpose. I agree with you. It's not proper exercise. But it does chart you health. In that way it will be the basis of my health, rather than the rather shitty weight mesurements I jot in the back of my moleskin.

No biggie. I just think Nintendo is getting awfully cocky. They getting into health games?! There are going to be a bunch of out of shape people thinking that they are excercising properly, but without a decent emphasis on other branches of health it is very easy to do more physical damage than good.

They may do it right, and I will give them that I do not really know yet. But a health game that isn't conscious of any possible dangers of excersise could turn into a class action lawsuit. Gyms have insurance to that kind of thing, I doubt that Nintendo does.

Being needlessly Xenophobic for a second, are you American? Because here in Europe almost no one would give a shit about that, but that keeps coming up from you guys (I think at least). If people injure themselves during it - it's their own fault.

On top of that I'm sure Nintendo will have thought through all "being sued" angles.

But seriously this "lawsuit mentality" of the states spoils everyones fun. And will dumb it down to avoid injuries.

If a person can't look after their own body, and can't follow instructions, they don't deserve to be able to sue anyone about it.

While it's offtopic, I cant help but note... Law suits are less common than they were 10 years ago in America. And when you say the ruin peoples fun, I think that is a bit of a blanket statement. If you dump toxic waste into the ground, then sell the property to the school (love canal, i'm a few miles away), and then the neighborhood gets cancer... I think that a law suit is in order. Of course, you could say, "the kids need to learn how to deal with toxic waste or get cancer!" but that would probably be a little too base.

walnutmon on
    xbox: jmbizzo | ps3: walnutmon | steam: walnutmon | SC2: walnutmon.591
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »

Doing cardio at the gym is fucking boring. Yeah you feel good afterwards, but the process is one of the most boring things in the world.

This game tries to combine light exercise with multimedia entertainment. Try to get that through your thick skull instead of showing us that you are completely missing the point.

Don't flame someone who says something that is true.

Those who don't like this idea do get what they are doing. That is why it is stupid. You don't make real excercise fun with a stupid fucking pad that you jump around on. If you are going to get some fitness, you will be breathing too hard to enjoy the faggoty little Wii animations. But you won't be, you will be bouncing around like a fairy with man tit's a jiggling for 20 minutes until you go and play an "easier" game.

The point is this. If you want to get in shape, it isn't easy, and it isn't pure fun (except playing sports, for some of us). It is hard, it requires some dedication, and it can't be solved by some stupid fucking game on the Wii. I was being nice about it, but I don't care any more, since when you are saying we are thick skulled, we are just trying to help anyone who gives a shit about their fucking body. You dont' have to go the gym either(although I also go to the gym, and it works a lot better, and what I do isn't boring). Next time while playing a real game, use the loading screens or natural pauses to do some squat thrusts, and do them hard! The constant raising and lowering of your HR will burn a lot of fat, calories and help your heart. BUT make sure that you stretch and take care of you body otherwise. Nothing short of playing in the NBA is going to make up for 5 cans of pepsi, 15 beers and McDonalds every day.

I don't care how long you play Wii Fit, unless there is a side game that says "now put down the controler, go to the gym, sign up, lift some weights, eat some chicken and veggies and stop drinking your coffee with 8 pounds of fucking sugar!" the only muscle getting worked is the one responsible for keeping Japanese business men's ass above their god damn knees with all your fucking money in their pocket.

This game is to Japan, as chinese food is to China. It is an asian country without a weight problem throwing shit at Americans because they think we are just fat losers and expecting us to scarf it up; I just wish we would stop rolling in it, like their fucking little WiiDoggies, and prove to them that we are just not that stupid.

walnutmon on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If you are going to get some fitness, you will be breathing too hard to enjoy the faggoty little Wii animations.
    You are a troll, and I would like to ask everybody to ignore you.

Edit: I am sorry if it sounds like I am meta-modding or whatever it is called.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    titmouse wrote: »
    If you are going to get some fitness, you will be breathing too hard to enjoy the faggoty little Wii animations.
    You are a troll, and I would like to ask everybody to ignore you.

Edit: I am sorry if it sounds like I am meta-modding or whatever it is called.

I'm not a troll, I was discussing the topic with someone. But if you can't enjoy a bit of exageration for humors sake... I am sorry. I didn't realize that this was a clean forum.

walnutmon on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think you'd have a hard time finding anyone who wants to discuss anything with you.

For someone who intends to put on a sarcastic personae, you're not exactly writing smart. And so I say to you "Good day, sir and good riddance to your kind!"

In other words, please go back to GAF or Gamefaqs where your kind usually consummate or whatever the fuck you do over there.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I just wish we would stop rolling in it, like their fucking little WiiDoggies, and prove to them that we are just not that stupid.

Maybe the people who are not interested in Wii Fit "get it" but you don't. I am completely UNDERweight, and not American, and I'm going to buy this Wii Fit game day one. Not because it's a conspiracy from Japan to sell to sell shit to Americans (I guess you are that stupid) but because it looks FUN.

That's usually why I buy videogames. To be entertained. To have fun.

Djiem on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Guys, I don't think this game solves all the problems with a persons health.
    Can we get a class action suit going?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I doubt anyone here ever said that Wii Fit and Wii Tennis can replace gym training and Tennis. But certainly, they do more good to the body than never doing anything physical at all, which is what I personally do (nothing).

Djiem on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

While it's offtopic, I cant help but note... Law suits are less common than they were 10 years ago in America. And when you say the ruin peoples fun, I think that is a bit of a blanket statement. If you dump toxic waste into the ground, then sell the property to the school (love canal, i'm a few miles away), and then the neighborhood gets cancer... I think that a law suit is in order. Of course, you could say, "the kids need to learn how to deal with toxic waste or get cancer!" but that would probably be a little too base.

Come on now. Seriously.

Seriously.

Did you mean those words? Really?

Honestly?

Did you really just equate my comments on the apparent tendacy for americans to sue over trivial matters of their own responsibilty with the mass dumping of toxic waste?

Did you really think I made a "blanket statement"? Did you not deduce that I was specifically talking about situations like "Caution Contents Hot" and "I hurt myself standing on the Wii Fit Board" rather than serious use of the law? Did you really assume I wanted to throw everything out and have a lawless world?

Because I think you understood me perfectly, and this was just your way out.

Lave II on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh and from your next comment, which I'm not quoting as this should die, you show a complete misuderstanding of what Wii Fit is about. No one is saying it replaces physical exercise.

Heres an analogy. Say Nintendo released an Wii add on that gave relaxing back massages. A number of us here make a thread where we talk about how useful this would be.

You then charge in and start shouting the following:

"FUCKING HELL GUYS. I don't get it. It's not gona give you an orgasm so whats the point. If you want to spunk, you need your hand."

We would reply:

"Yeah, we know that. Your hand, or a friend, obviously thats better, but - you know, we just think that a back massage would nice. It's not meant to jerk you off."

To which you would respond with:

"It's just the stupid japanese trying to selll us fat americans jerk machines because they think were to fat to reach are dicks",

And so on to infinity.

So lets leave it. We all understand it is not a substitute for a session in the gym.

But I'm stoked.

If they've any sense they launch it in time for "New years resolutions" guilt buying time.

Lave II on
  • Options
    AZChristopherAZChristopher Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Evander wrote: »

I don't think ANYONE claimed that thisdoes things that there was NO WAY to ever do before.

The difference isthat it automates some of the processes, which makes it easier. You don't have to keep track of spread sheets, or twist awkwardly with a tape measurer.

Not to mention that there are people out there who are embarassed to go to the gym because of just how out of shape they are.

No one is suggestingthat some one who already goes to the gym regularly should get this game. This game is not a substitue for the gym. But this game DOES appeal to some people who wouldn't be going to the gym either way. Those people now get a work out when they wouldn't have been getting one before.

Yeah. It was really embarrassing last time I hoola hooped at the gym. The other guys weren't too happy that they had to play half court either.

Same thing with Wii Sports. Yes you could go out and play tennis or find a boxing partner but that isn't what the game is about. It is about getting off the couch and having fun in a way you haven't had with a game system before. Wii Fit is going to have 40 different "activities" in it. Just like Wii Sports and Wii Play this game, or non-game if you prefer, is made with the idea that everyone in the family can find something to do that they enjoy.

If I'm EA I'd delay Boogie because this board just wants to be danced on.

AZChristopher on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The push ups bit that was shown in the trailer was interesting because, I can see that being accuratly recorded by the board. And that's quite a tangable measure of fitness, I only really swim and run I don't really do that much to give me upper body strength.

I hope it tracks, the speed or number of push ups you do as well as the bmi - because that would be really cool.

Lave II on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Those who don't like this idea do get what they are doing. That is why it is stupid. You don't make real excercise fun with a stupid fucking pad that you jump around on. If you are going to get some fitness, you will be breathing too hard to enjoy the faggoty little Wii animations. But you won't be, you will be bouncing around like a fairy with man tit's a jiggling for 20 minutes until you go and play an "easier" game.

The point is this. If you want to get in shape, it isn't easy, and it isn't pure fun (except playing sports, for some of us). It is hard, it requires some dedication, and it can't be solved by some stupid fucking game on the Wii. I was being nice about it, but I don't care any more, since when you are saying we are thick skulled, we are just trying to help anyone who gives a shit about their fucking body. You dont' have to go the gym either(although I also go to the gym, and it works a lot better, and what I do isn't boring). Next time while playing a real game, use the loading screens or natural pauses to do some squat thrusts, and do them hard! The constant raising and lowering of your HR will burn a lot of fat, calories and help your heart. BUT make sure that you stretch and take care of you body otherwise. Nothing short of playing in the NBA is going to make up for 5 cans of pepsi, 15 beers and McDonalds every day.

I don't care how long you play Wii Fit, unless there is a side game that says "now put down the controler, go to the gym, sign up, lift some weights, eat some chicken and veggies and stop drinking your coffee with 8 pounds of fucking sugar!" the only muscle getting worked is the one responsible for keeping Japanese business men's ass above their god damn knees with all your fucking money in their pocket.

This game is to Japan, as chinese food is to China. It is an asian country without a weight problem throwing shit at Americans because they think we are just fat losers and expecting us to scarf it up; I just wish we would stop rolling in it, like their fucking little WiiDoggies, and prove to them that we are just not that stupid.

Again you show that you don't understand what this is. I never said this will replace actual gym training or sports, nor did anyone here. Yet you keep making reference to the gym, proving your thick-headedness. And to give you a few facts, I'm quite the slender person, and thus, do not have "flabby tits" as you so gracefully call them. I also started the going to gym recently, and will be participating in a 24 hour rollerblade relay race this weekend, because I wish to get in better shape, and be more physically active overall. No the gym is not fun. It makes me feel good, but it still feels like a chore. The gym provides me with 0 entertainement.

I will buy Wii Fit, play it, and have fun. I will not stop the gym because of Wii fit because nobody assume it's a replacement for the gym. Only idiots like you think that people consider it that way. And I think you should post in a place like gamefaqs instead of here because the posters over there are a lot more like you than here.

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I must admit I'm sceptical as to how much Wii Fit can help you with your fitness at all. Proper exercise needs to get you up to a sweat and nothing shown so far does that asides from the press-ups. Exercises like leaning to head footballs seem very light-weight. I'll be interested to see what other activities Nintendo can fit around the board, without breaking it..

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What's there to be skeptical about? It isn't like you couldn't do workout-video style aerobics on that thing.

Sure, all they showed was like yoga and shit... but I assume they knew that the majority of fatass gamers would be turned off by the prospect of breaking a sweat. I'd bet they showed the lightweight stuff only on purpose. It wouldn't be much of a fitness title without any actual exercise.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wouldn't worry too much about any civil suit or anything. it's not like konami had droves of people lining up to sue them for DDR.

I say it's a great new thing to draw more of that casual crowd that nintendo wants so much.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Yeah, um, just because your life sucks doesn't mean it's cool for you to come in and shit all over my thread.

You aren't interested in the game. That's cool.

You want to point out that it won't give a real work-out? That's valid.

You want to know why people want the game? We'll be happy to oblige with answers.

You want to declare that our reasons aren't good enough and go on a homophobic anti-Nintendo rant? Yeah, this is when you start shitting in my thread. This is when I stop being so cool with you.

Just knock it off, man. Just because you claim to know about fitness doesn't mean that everyone needs to shut up and listen to you, because you are always right. Don't take out your frustration on us. I know that having 13 hour work day sucks; I pulled twelve hours today myself, most of it litterally copying and pasting in excell. 12 hours of that would drive ANYONE mad.

But quit your trolling. You've made your point, and people have chosen not to care. They're allowed to. Quit repeating yourself.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    What's there to be skeptical about? It isn't like you couldn't do workout-video style aerobics on that thing.

Sure, all they showed was like yoga and shit... but I assume they knew that the majority of fatass gamers would be turned off by the prospect of breaking a sweat. I'd bet they showed the lightweight stuff only on purpose. It wouldn't be much of a fitness title without any actual exercise.

well, they DID have stretches in there (you know, for before and/or after)

and the dance game in there is really nothing more than step aerobics to a beat.

All of the people declaring this to be useless had better also think that ANY home workout video is entirely useless too.

The one thing I can't figure out, though, is if there is any way for them to work in crunches.

Evander on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I must admit I'm sceptical as to how much Wii Fit can help you with your fitness at all. Proper exercise needs to get you up to a sweat and nothing shown so far does that asides from the press-ups. Exercises like leaning to head footballs seem very light-weight. I'll be interested to see what other activities Nintendo can fit around the board, without breaking it..

Every play Police 911 or whatever it's called at the arcade? It's a lightgun game that senses crouching and tilt and moves your character. It may seem simple but the day after I played it my legs were on fire.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png