As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]Democratic File System: And The Winner Is...

• Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bliss could just be lying, you know.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    tofu wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    I think the miller part in death miller stands, both seer as bad. Death miller is just an added bonus.

Whichever, Bliss is claiming to seer and die as malware, whichever role you wish to call that. I was just confused on what the "suspicious both claim" was, I don't think it as such since I don't think it's "both".
    I think you're wrong. We can ask Thorgot to clarify the Death Miller but I doubt he will.

A death miller is, by definition, an innocent who seers and dies as an evil. There is no clarification needed here, so stop confusing things by trying to make up a new definition.

cheez on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Bliss could just be lying, you know.
    I think this is what it comes down to at the end. The chances of Bliss just coming up with this story after the drubbing the bad guys got the first two days is just too high. I mean it sounds like the perfect bad guy cover, doesn't it?

So far Bliss has only mentioned 1 ability that's confirmable by an outside source and it's convienently the one Bliss has today...

I really wish we had a Public Runtime Logger. It could stop us from wasting today but I suppose we go with what we have.

I !vote Bliss101. I want to believe you but I don't see how I can.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2007
    Bliss, or Inifdel, so hard to choose...

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DamnedLibrarianDamnedLibrarian Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Vote: Bliss 101
    Target: Threelemmings
    Why does everyone seem so suspicious? This game's making me paranoid.

DamnedLibrarian on
  • Options
    giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Their is no way for Bliss to prove what her public runtime is unless someone we know is a villager has public runtime logging. That is unless their is someone alive whose public runtime we can be absolutely sure about but Bliss can't be(which is very unlikely). Otherwise Bliss could just target a fellow malware(if she is one) and they would just agree on whatever power they wanted to say.

giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    !Target DevoutlyApathetic

!Vote Bliss 101

Bliss has no way of proving his true identity to us. There may not even be any death millers, it may just be a desperate ploy by the remaining bad guys to salvage anything that they could out of their decimation at each others hands.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    1) There are death millers, explaining our uncanny initial success being not quite as lucky as it appears.

or

2) There are opportunistic malware, cleverly confusing the issue by picking on something in the OP that turns attention away from their dwindled numbers.

That said, I still wanna believe Bliss. Bah!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Damn computer! I typed up a post and it ate it! Anyway, what I had tried to say before that was that it seems odd for a Virus to take such a risk when there are only two, or five, or eighty-two of 'em left. Actually if there were 82 of 'em it would make sense, but that isn't here. Maybe they thought it would work and then they would be trusted or something, but why basically put a target on your own back? I believe Bliss 101, for some reason, but I'm still kinda suspicious of him. Because I'm going to be busy later when the narration and stuff is up, and several hours before that, I'm going to go ahead and vote for Zerinan. I'm really really sorry about being so lame with my vote, but coming into the game so late makes it hard to be suspicious of people. I should get some better ideas soon, or else I'm not any more help that Lord Malory was.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    life3 wrote: »
    Well, when the boards are timing out, it's much easier to spam a mini-phalla with a sign-up, then it is to catch up on a couple pages of posts. I decided to withhold any action due to being unable to read the thread, but if it's snap decisions you want(and that seems like something only malware would want):

!vote DevoutlyApathetic
    target: DevoutlyApathetic

Let us delete this poorly programmed piece of malware.
    I know, I'm a huge asshole for asking people to play a game they sign up for, ya know?

Honestly this is an incredibly hostile reaction over a small comment, could this be because your standard "I'm evil" game plan is to hide in the background and hope nobody gets around to killing you? I mean, that plan's blown with somebody noticing you signing up for another Phalla to not play last night.

Fuck, last game of the people who were alive the last day in SP13, only two had less posts than you. A majority of those playing had more, even though most were dead.

I can almost understand, the board was wacky for about 15 minutes last night but if that's the only time you have to check in using it to sign up for another phalla, a phalla that has double the days, just strikes me as disrespectful.

Overall we're having somewhat of an issue with participation, about a quarter of the people alive today didn't vote.

You asked and I answered. I don't remember calling you an asshole -- I called you malware AND I also stated it was an impulse decision. There's nothing hostile about my post in the slightest.

Honestly, this is an incredibly suspicious response to an answer to a question that was asked of me.

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    life3 wrote: »
    You asked and I answered. I don't remember calling you an asshole -- I called you malware AND I also stated it was an impulse decision. There's nothing hostile about my post in the slightest.

Honestly, this is an incredibly suspicious response to an answer to a question that was asked of me.
    Ah, I was kinda trying to be an asshole. I find the concept of signing up for a game while you are currently incapable of fulfilling your responsibility in another game somewhat offensive and needs to be negatively commented upon.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Alrighty, to spice things up a bit. I am a public runtime logger. You may also notice that I've targeted bliss.

I was in the network with FWD too. We decided to see what Bliss's runtime was because at first we were skeptical, just as all of you are.

I have good reason to believe that Bliss is telling the truth. I also have even greater reason to believe that he is not malware.

I also don't think there are many good specials left outside the network that I'm in, so I won't even bother calling for them to contact me or anything (not that they would).

Obviously there is no reason for you to believe that I am not a virus. I just don't want to waste our vote on Bliss, when there are quite a few malware files left out there.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    life3life3 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ah, I was kinda trying to be an asshole. I find the concept of signing up for a game while you are currently incapable of fulfilling your responsibility in another game somewhat offensive and needs to be negatively commented upon.

Signing up takes 2 seconds and participating in an entire day takes far longer. Criticize me if you want over that I guess, but I've never been one to throw out a vote post without reading the thread. I'm certainly a low post player on any side, but I pride myself in making my posts as informed and informative as possible.

It's my responsibility as a player to be active, but it's my responsibility as a character to make educated votes. When I only have a minute on the boards, I can't fulfill both of those duties and I'd rather be killed for inactivity than end up killing someone on my side.

As an example of the effort I try to put into every post: I spent 12 minutes typing this. Fuck, now 13...I'm hitting submit now.

life3 on
    HOW APPROPRIATE [URL="aim:goim?screenname=skullc0rp"]YOU[/URL] FIGHT LIKE A COW
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Damn. I'm going to be out for the evening shortly (going out with coworkers, my last day of work is tomorrow hurrah!) and I don't really want to vote for anyone.

I'll !target Grundlterror before I go at least.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Life3: and now a full quarter of your posts come on the day after you're called out. Yes yes yes, we can go through the typical song and dance of the inactive being called out but I don't really have my heart in it so we can just skip it.

Regardless, this is a social game at heart and I wanted to register my disapproval to fulfill my role as a member of the community. We've both made our points and I'm fine moving on.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I will target: Infidel

and I guess I'll also vote: Infidel

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Actually Infidel is of no interest to me.

retract target: Infidel
    target: Zerinan

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hey, DA, I sent you a PM.

I still think life3 is hiding something, but it looks like he'll have to wait.

!retract life3
    !vote Infidel

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Alrighty, to spice things up a bit. I am a public runtime logger. You may also notice that I've targeted bliss.

I was in the network with FWD too. We decided to see what Bliss's runtime was because at first we were skeptical, just as all of you are.

I have good reason to believe that Bliss is telling the truth. I also have even greater reason to believe that he is not malware.

I also don't think there are many good specials left outside the network that I'm in, so I won't even bother calling for them to contact me or anything (not that they would).

Obviously there is no reason for you to believe that I am not a virus. I just don't want to waste our vote on Bliss, when there are quite a few malware files left out there.

Why the hell did FWD claim that there were 3 dead death millers? Bliss 101 claims to have had no part of that, but FWD had to have come up with that info some way. Especially since random public runtimes for bliss 101 makes 4 death millers even more unlikely.

edit: FWD is not an idiot he would not have made up something so unlikely, he had to get it somewhere.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    cheez wrote: »
    Infidel wrote: »
    I think the miller part in death miller stands, both seer as bad. Death miller is just an added bonus.

Whichever, Bliss is claiming to seer and die as malware, whichever role you wish to call that. I was just confused on what the "suspicious both claim" was, I don't think it as such since I don't think it's "both".
    I think you're wrong. We can ask Thorgot to clarify the Death Miller but I doubt he will.

A death miller is, by definition, an innocent who seers and dies as an evil. There is no clarification needed here, so stop confusing things by trying to make up a new definition.
    As far as I can tell Death Miller is a new definition. A miller is someone who seers evil but is actually good. Therefore it stands to reason a Death Miller is someone who appears evil when he dies. If you have any evidence that says otherwise, please, show us because I would like this matter clarified.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hey, DA, I sent you a PM.

I still think life3 is hiding something, but it looks like he'll have to wait.

!retract life3
    !vote Infidel
    Is there something about infidel you're not telling us?

tofu on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    As far as I can tell Death Miller is a new definition. A miller is someone who seers evil but is actually good. Therefore it stands to reason a Death Miller is someone who appears evil when he dies. If you have any evidence that says otherwise, please, show us because I would like this matter clarified.
    I don't know about the names but the concept isn't new. I was one in RBB's Communist Scare Phalla.

Edit: And by one I mean I seered and died as a communist but was on the good guys side. Of course, it was cool the commies killed me night 1, confusion abounded! Made a day 1 death bareable.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    !Target DevoutlyApathetic

!Vote Bliss 101

Bliss has no way of proving his true identity to us. There may not even be any death millers, it may just be a desperate ploy by the remaining bad guys to salvage anything that they could out of their decimation at each others hands.

FWD contacted me right after I posted about the three factions on the second day. I outed myself to him immediately, although in a somewhat vague manner (I thought maybe he was malware himself trying to find out if I represent another malware group). Isn't day two a bit early to come up with desperate ploys? I realize FWD isn't around to confirm this, but if I'm lying about the timing, I'm sure someone from FWD's network can have me exposed.

That said, if I weren't one myself, I'd probably bandwagon a supposed death miller right now just to be sure, because if he happened to be the last remaining member of a malware group, the village's odds of victory would increase a lot. So, bandwagon away: you'll hopefully be able to work out pretty soon that I must have been innocent. I don't want the village losing the game because they wrongly assume I was malware when looking at voting records etc.

edit: removed color tags

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Also I !retract Gnasty and !target Plutonium

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I believe I will target Zerinan.exe.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    So I suppose if a Public Sweeper guy came forward like I asked the least I can do is !retract Bliss. I still think we have to be careful with him but for now we can leave him.

Of course, that brings up the "Who then?" question. I'll go with petty vindictiveness and say Life3 for my vote.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    As someone mentioned in the last phalla, an already exposed (in this case possible) bad guy is less dangerous than a hidden one. Killing Bliss can wait.

!vote Infidel

Vic on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Vic wrote: »
    As someone mentioned in the last phalla, an already exposed (in this case possible) bad guy is less dangerous than a hidden one. Killing Bliss can wait.

!vote Infidel

Um you do realize that that was complete bullshit in the last phalla. In other words it was the other bad guys who were promoting the view that we should spare a known bad guy.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

!vote Infidel

How is Bliss an exposed bad guy now? And in the last phalla didn't the village get raped? And wasn't it a bad guy that suggested that?

Uh, yeah.

!vote Vic for now.. we really don't have much to go on here. I've honestly been suspicious of Life3 as well, but I think that can wait.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    !target Tofu as well

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    !vote Bliss 101

the wook on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

!vote Infidel

How is Bliss an exposed bad guy now? And in the last phalla didn't the village get raped? And wasn't it a bad guy that suggested that?

Uh, yeah.

!vote Vic for now.. we really don't have much to go on here. I've honestly been suspicious of Life3 as well, but I think that can wait.

Hehe, I actually remembered that as I wrote the post. We did indeed get raped, but the point is still valid.

I was not claiming Bliss IS malware. I was just saying that people will be suspicious enough of Bliss to not follow any bandwagons she might start, which makes her rather harmless even if she is.

If I truly thought that was the case, then I would vote for her now. As it stands I think we can afford to let her live, but that can change soon.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hmm interesting... wook broke the tie trying to kill Bliss. I don't buy the infidel bandwagon for a second, but I buy the Bliss bandwagon even less.

!retract Vic
    !vote the wook

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    there was a tie?

the wook on
  • Options
    giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    !Vote Visiblehowl Just a feeling I have.

giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    the wook wrote: »
    there was a tie?

Yeah, Bliss is ahead now.. after I just explained why not to kill him. Now obviously I'm not confirmed by any means... but killing Bliss right now wouldn't do us much good at all.

It's really not like Bliss to make up a role like that. Plus it's a pretty complicated role and it's all checked out with what my investigations have turned up.

It is, however, like Thorgot to put a role like that into this game (trust me, theres all kinds of wackiness going on). Bliss coming out to FWD day 2 and sticking to his story just makes it pretty solid.

I honestly think neither of these bandwagons are going to get us anywhere.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I am going to go ahead and
    !retract bliss 101
    !vote visiblehowl

No good reason for visiblehowl just that the other bandwagon targets besides bliss are inactives and I think that it is very rare for inactives to be bad guys.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Interesting.

I'll risk keeping myself in the lead for votes to see where this leads.

!retract Infidel
    !vote Visiblehowl

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    So you'd rather bandwagon an active player and let the inactives hide?

The people that are inactive are normally that way... it doesn't make them any more or less suspect.

I personally would like to take out some of these inactives, since thats about all we have left other then a few others.

edit : clarification

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Does anyone have a vote count? Why is Infidel a target, because he's an inactive?

tofu on