Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla]Democratic File System: And The Winner Is...

1323335373840

Posts

  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yes, I admit it. Grundlterror is malware! We have been playing you all! Fools, our ridiculously complicated plan is one nineteenth complete!

    Vic on
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hey grundlterror, remember when we killed all those innocents? Those were good times!

    Vic on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Not going to be around much today, so I'll just throw in my vote quickly:

    !vote Vic
    !target Bliss 101

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Actually,

    !retract Bliss 101
    !target Grundlterror

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Vic wrote: »
    Grundlterror played me, as someone put it in last phalla, "Like a fiddle". If you are malware, bravo.

    I think I might sig this... whether or not you are malware :P

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have a bad feeling about this.

    12 "malware" dead and we still haven't won. We now know FWD must have been right that some death millers have been killed. If he was right about that, we might as well assume that he was right about the number as well. That would mean there are still at least three monsters left. Underestimating the number of surviving malware would probably cost us the game, because they could then manipulate bandwagons pretty easily, so I think it's important that we do assume there are three monsters left until we get evidence to the contrary.

    Worst case scenario: they are in two different factions and target villagers flawlessly without overlaps, either by luck or because they coordinate. In this case we have 3 nights (from today to 10 players -> 7 players -> 4 players) to kill off one faction or we lose, and I reckon we can even then survive night four only if we have guardian/retal runtimes alive at that point. Killing one faction off today or tomorrow will buy us one more day, so let's hope Vic is malware and the last player of his faction.

    If we don't kill any malware tonight or tomorrow night, we'll have 7 players left and the malware will control 3/7 of the vote on night three, meaning our chances of victory will be microscopic at that point.

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I agree, we cannot really afford to kill me tonight. Then again, it is too late to shift the bandwagon.

    Vic on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User
    edited July 2007
    But we need to kill you tonight, you may be the last of your group. If not then I guess we better try and find someone else to vote off tomorrow. I have to say that your defense of your self is kinda sad. It's like you've already given up. Shouldn't you be trying to convince us that you aren't an evil virus like you really are? Makes for a very slow day.

    Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hehe, sorry. But I knew as good as you guys that I was as good as dead after I did the second post defending Tofu and he turned out to be a traitor. No defence I could have given was going to stop the 7 post bandwagon that this day started with.

    Vic on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    !Target DevoutlyApathetic

    Plutonium on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Exciting day here.

    !Target the wook

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It is so exciting, DA. So exciting.
    !target Plutonium
    !retract Plutonium
    !target Vic
    oh ho ho
    Vic, you're on notice!

    P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The suspense is killing me :P

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • thorgotthorgot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DMS: Error in cycle 8
    404.gif

    thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    5? Though it's a nice narration.

    DevoutlyApathetic on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hahah I'm so awesome :P

    !vote Giltanis

    It's a hunch.

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ooooOOOOOooooOOOOOoo
    it is a nice narration (except for the dying)

    P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre @PixelateJake on TwitterRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    404 - File Not Found

    TehSpectre on
    Sloth_Sig.png
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Giltanis
    DevoutlyApathetic
    We seem to have similar hunches

    Plutonium on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Haha! One more down, so does that mean we've got two left now? Where did all the extra death come from? Do we know if we have a vigilante or what the other kills might have been? I'm guessing 1 for vote, 1-3 for evil dudes, depending on how many groups are left, and the rest are vigilantes.

    Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ooooOOOOOOOoooooo

    screw you Grundlterror...

    oooooOOOOOOooooooo

    Vic on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I will remind you I voted for both visiblehowl who the narration said was a malware and Vic whom the narration said was malware.

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Echo!

    Threelemmings on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Echo!

    Threelemmings on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Echo!

    ...


    Where is everybody? I'm so looonely.

    Threelemmings on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't know...All I see is a couple votes for me and then silence...

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You were the last one to speak though. Maybe you killed the thread. So I'm posting to make sure you're not the last one to talk again, thus, saving the thread and serving a side dish of justice.

    Threelemmings on
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And by justice I mean

    !vote Giltanis

    Threelemmings on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Surviving players. I have a pretty strong hunch about some players being innocent, based on evidence I've gathered myself and what I've been told by players I think are/were trustworthy. I've marked the "probably innocent" players with an asterisk. I could be wrong about any of them, mind you. I can't really tell why I trust these players without giving useful information to the malware, so all I ask is that people see if they can come up with similar lists and we vote out whoever isn't trusted at all by anyone.

    Threelemmings
    *DA
    Giltanis
    *Plutonium
    *Infidel
    *Grundlterror
    *Bliss 101
    Zerinan

    So on my list I have Threelemmings, Giltanis and Zerinan as the players I have no particular reason to think are innocent.

    * Zerinan replaced Lord Malory, and a monster going inactive seems a bit unlikely, even if it's possible.
    * Threelemmings, hmm, I don't really have anything on Threelemmings. Which I might add is often a sign of a sneaky monster in the endgame.
    * Giltanis voted for VH out of the blue and also for Vic, which is a pretty misleading defense because we know there were at least two malware factions still alive. Furthermore, the VH bandwagon didn't really have a chance to go through (making it a safe vote to distance yourself from VH), and the Vic bandwagon was a foregone conclusion anyway, so even if you were on VH's team it could have been a good idea to do exactly what you've done.

    I'm not convinced about giltanis, but even a random vote should have a 2/3 chance of hitting a monster IF I'm right about my "probably innocent" list.

    So I !vote Giltanis and !target Bliss 101.

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    *snip snip snip*
    Threelemmings
    *DA
    Giltanis
    *Plutonium
    *Infidel
    *Grundlterror
    *Bliss 101
    Zerinan

    So on my list I have Threelemmings, Giltanis and Zerinan as the players I have no particular reason to think are innocent.

    *slice and dice
    * Threelemmings, hmm, I don't really have anything on Threelemmings. Which I might add is often a sign of a sneaky monster in the endgame.
    *cut cut cut*

    I'm not convinced about giltanis, but even a random vote should have a 2/3 chance of hitting a monster IF I'm right about my "probably innocent" list.

    So I !vote Giltanis and !target Bliss 101.

    !target Bliss 101 too!

    Bliss, I am shocked and apalled at your lack of faith in me. You say you don't have anything on me, but what about the trust we share? The confidence? The way we vote for bad guys and win the game for the good guys? I thought that all meant something. After all this time, I'm just a sneaky monster to you :cry: .

    Threelemmings on
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You guys are making a mistake because I am not malware and if 5 more people die tonight then if you don't get tonights vote correct I think we are screwed.

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • giltanisgiltanis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    giltanis wrote: »
    You guys are making a mistake because I am not malware and if 5 more people die tonight then if you don't get tonights vote correct I think we are screwed.

    Obviously not a very good defense but I really don't have anything else to add. My public power is pretty useless for finding malware (read: completely useless) and frankly the only people I have bad feelings about are on Bliss's list of trusted players so assuming she does in fact have some ability to learn whom to trust I have no suggestions as to whom we should vote for.

    giltanis on
    sig.gif
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    giltanis wrote: »
    You guys are making a mistake because I am not malware and if 5 more people die tonight then if you don't get tonights vote correct I think we are screwed.

    Actually, I'm pretty sure we have at least two days, and that's assuming for some random reason that we hit all innocents. I also happen to know that there is a group of confirmed innocents, and with them knowing who not to kill I'm pretty sure they'll finish things off tonight, or maybe tomorrow. It may be a mistake to get you, but they'll hit their other unconfirmed targets as well and that, as they say, will be that.

    If I'm lucky they'll trust me and not kill me tonight, but that's not something I can take for granted. I would like to be around until we win, though; I'd have a nice number of games where I actually live until the end :)

    Threelemmings on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    giltanis wrote: »
    giltanis wrote: »
    You guys are making a mistake because I am not malware and if 5 more people die tonight then if you don't get tonights vote correct I think we are screwed.

    Obviously not a very good defense but I really don't have anything else to add. My public power is pretty useless for finding malware (read: completely useless) and frankly the only people I have bad feelings about are on Bliss's list of trusted players so assuming she does in fact have some ability to learn whom to trust I have no suggestions as to whom we should vote for.

    That list was intended mostly to illustrate how I'd personally prioritize bandwagon targets right now. It's based on what I've learned about public runtimes and their targets during the game, and what I think I know about FWD's network, and part of my information may be wrong because people who've given it to me can't have been sure about my innocence. Keep in mind that I've been wrong about every bandwagon I've pushed this game, so if I were you I'd just come up with your own priority list.

    Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User
    edited July 2007
    You think I'm evil Bliss? I'm hurt, and here I thought we were friends! :P I'm sure I would be suspicious of myself as well, because I'm a replacement, and that shows nothing, plus it screws up tracking votes or weird posts, because they were made by two different people. Sadly, there is no way I can think of proving myself, especially because my power is so lame! I'll just out and say it, I can protect my target from death, but I die instead. And because there is no one important to protect (Wahh! I'm not in the network :P), I don't want to use it. But I will target that Zerinan guy, because I think he's worth protecting. Basically, nothing has changed now that I used it.

    About the vote, I don't believe Giltanis is really evil, but it's the best lead we've got so far, so I think I'll just run with it and vote for Gil....nevermind (retract). I don't want to just jump on a bandwagon so early in the day. I think I'll wait a bit to see if anything else comes up or someone else looks off.

    Edit: Changed the color of the ....s I think it looks better white.

    Re-Edit: Damn, the color for vote retracts is red, not lime. It should be fixed now.

    Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I disagree Zerinan. That's a very useful power, but of course, it depends whose side you're on.

    Plutonium on
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Yea, it's useful, but I'm not a part of a network or anything, and no one has come forward "I'm a super awesome person, protect me!" so I'm not going to just use it randomly. In these games, I am a very selfish person when it comes to my death. Even if my death would save everyone and what not, I'm not going to sacrifice myself. I like to play these things, not sit by and watch. So unless someone gives me a good reason to protect them, I'm not going to use it.

    Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Vic wrote: »
    ooooOOOOOOOoooooo

    screw you Grundlterror...

    oooooOOOOOOooooooo

    This is like music to my ears :lol:
    giltanis wrote: »
    I will remind you I voted for both visiblehowl who the narration said was a malware and Vic whom the narration said was malware.

    Visiblehowl probably wasn't on your team (if all the information we got is correct) and if you didn't vote for Vic that would paint a huge target right on your ass.

    Edit - Hey Zerinan, I'm super important... protect me!

    Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZerinanZerinan Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Suuuure ya are. And there is no way you are just an evil dude trying to use me as a meat shield, right?

    Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • ThreelemmingsThreelemmings Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm important! I'm a good dude who needs a meat shield!

    Threelemmings on
Sign In or Register to comment.