As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Green Tortoise Hostel

hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
Any of you cheeky chappies staying at the Green Tortoise Hostel during your PAX Adventures? Myself and two others will be.

We'll be armed with booze, a couple of DS's and a strong wanderlust.

Perhaps we can join forces?

=================
July 20th Update:
=================

Update 2:

I emailed them again regarding television-usage:

"In regards to the video games, there is a very old big screen TV in the lobby that we use to show movies on. You can try to hookup your games as long as whoever is working the front desk doesn't mind and the TV is not in use at the time.
Thanks
Anthony Bianco"

Yay!

Update 1:

I emailed Green Tortoise regarding our plans and here's their response:

"To answer your query, you may make reservations for a group of 12-15 people, but it would be classed as a group reservation, which requires pre-payment in full.

I would suggest having the members of the group make their own individual reservations at www.greentortoise.net - this way, you would not be liable if they did not show up, and you will be able to call close to when you are going to arrive and ask that members of your party be in rooms together. We would endeavor to accommodate this, but it is not always possible.

Cheers, GT Team"

So, basically, we register individually and I'd be more then happy to call them a day or two before hand to see if we can get bunks together.

14 males & 3 females so far

Hamburger Helper
Arriving: Thursday, August 23rd
Departing: Sunday, August 26th
Party members: Himself + 1 male + 1 female

eelektrik
Departing: Monday, August 27th
Party members: Himself

ZORRZAXX
Arriving: Friday, August 24th
Party members: Himself + 1 male

That_Guy

EvilBadman
Party members: Himself + 1 female

TimeCruiserMike
Party members: Himself + 1 male

Badrew
Party members: Himself + 2 males

Darkblade_1

phamtq
Arriving: Friday, August 24th
Party members: Himself + 1 female

statimg.php?id=280&theme=1
hamburger helper on

• TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My brother and I will be. no booz for him tho he turns 19 on the aug 24th

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I am too!

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Me seven.

Blain on
  • badrewbadrew Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    myself and two others...and it seems our priorities are similar as well

badrew on
  • hamburger helperhamburger helper Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Whoa! Looks like we have a party posse, how shall we identify ourselves?

hamburger helper on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    koopa.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What type of room are you all reserving? We can save some money if we go in on a 6 or 8 bed dorm. I live in Lynnwood, myself and it would be great if I didn't have to drive back and forth every day. This place looks good and cheap. I might have to go scout it out this weekend and bring back pics.

That_Guy on
    edited July 2007
    That_Guy wrote: »
    What type of room are you all reserving? We can save some money if we go in on a 6 or 8 bed dorm. I live in Lynnwood, myself and it would be great if I didn't have to drive back and forth every day. This place looks good and cheap. I might have to go scout it out this weekend and bring back pics.

I already reserved my dorm room, but I'm sure if you and everyone else is interested, we can make arrangements to have a giant dorm to ourselves :D

hamburger helper on
    edited July 2007

I already reserved my dorm room, but I'm sure if you and everyone else is interested, we can make arrangements to have a giant dorm to ourselves :D

That would be the way to go. If we all plan on being in the same place, we might as well go all in on the room. You can't beat saving 5 to 10 bucks a night by reserving a big room.

If I could get a head count I might be able to reserve a big room accordingly. Those who have made reservations, you should be able to change them to reflect our plans.

As I said, I might have to head down there this weekend and scout it out. If this works out, we could through a bitch'n room party.

That_Guy on
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    well since my brother didn't like the idea of sleeping in a dorm with a bunch of strange people i got us a 2 person private room. but he might reconsider if its a dom full of strange pax goers

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
  • BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I've currently got a four person room all to my lonesome (it was the only thing available when I reserved and I expected I'd have at least one more person coming with me). I'd be willing to save some money and move into a PAX dorm, if available.

Blain on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm considering staying there given the cost of hotels in the area. I need to save as much money as possible since Im not currently employed. And having our own PAX party room down there sounds like awesome sauce.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited July 2007
    Very much awesome sauce! I guess the best way to do it is to book an entire dorm and have the rest of us cancel our previous reservations? Once we get the headcount & arrival/departure dates out of the way.

Roll call!

Arriving: Thursday August 23rd
    Departing: Sunday August 26th

Party members: Myself + 1 male + 1 female

hamburger helper on
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, if someone books an entire dorm, Ill definatly be in on this. Just myself, as all my friends suck and cant go. Arriving Thursday the 23rd, leaving Monday the 27th.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • ZORRZAXXZORRZAXX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'll be there! My friend and I signed up for 8 person dorm room. Is there a method for squeezing us into specific dormatories, or is it just a crapshoot?

ZORRZAXX on
    edited July 2007
    ZORRZAXX wrote: »
    I'll be there! My friend and I signed up for 8 person dorm room. Is there a method for squeezing us into specific dormatories, or is it just a crapshoot?

I think if one of us calls the hostel with the specific numbers and dates of arrival, they'll hook us up. I have no problem arranging all this once the numbers are in. When are you 2 arriving/leaving?

Also, I put you and Eel up on the OP list, hope that's cool.

hamburger helper on
    edited July 2007
    Check In date: 24 August
    Check Out date: 27 August

It'd be cool to be in a dorm with other PAXers, and not...you know, some Mormon missionaries or something. Not to offend, they just tend to suck at Mariokart ;)

ZORRZAXX on
    edited July 2007
    I dont have a reservation there yet, dont know if I should book a space, or is some else paying for the whole room and then Ill pay them back when I get there? Im not sure how this works.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited July 2007
    eelektrik wrote: »
    I dont have a reservation there yet, dont know if I should book a space, or is some else paying for the whole room and then Ill pay them back when I get there? Im not sure how this works.

I'll be reserving with my CC to hold the spaces and then you can all pay individually in cash/debit/cc/chickens at the hostel lobby desk.

hamburger helper on
    edited July 2007

It'd be cool to be in a dorm with other PAXers, and not...you know, some Mormon missionaries or something. Not to offend, they just tend to suck at Mariokart ;)

Good point, I'm gonna look into seeing if there's a TV we can get or if we can use their lobby one for some SNES business. I will THROW DOWN at mario kart!

hamburger helper on
    edited July 2007

Good point, I'm gonna look into seeing if there's a TV we can get or if we can use their lobby one for some SNES business. I will THROW DOWN at mario kart!

I meant on the DS, but you bring up an excellent point. If a TV is arrangable, I'll happily bring my N64 and whatever carts anyone wants to throw down on (Especially Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker BFD or Super Smash Bros.)

ZORRZAXX on
    edited July 2007
    I will be there for the nights of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. If you want to book the whole room, Ham, maybe we can work out a for us to call individually to put a deposit down, so no one screws us up. Only the people who put a deposit down could could be assured a spot in the "PAX" Dorm.

That_Guy on
    edited July 2007

I meant on the DS, but you bring up an excellent point. If a TV is arrangable, I'll happily bring my N64 and whatever carts anyone wants to throw down on (Especially Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker BFD or Super Smash Bros.)

If we have an N64 Id be all for throwing down on some Perfect Dark, though Its been so long since Ive played that I probably suck completely at it.

I will be bringing my DS, which as far as multiplayer games goes Ive got Meteos, Mario Kart DS, Puzzle Quest, and Planet Puzzle League.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited July 2007
    I will be there for the nights of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. If you want to book the whole room, Ham, maybe we can work out a for us to call individually to put a deposit down, so no one screws us up. Only the people who put a deposit down could could be assured a spot in the "PAX" Dorm.

That might be a huge pain in the ass for the hostel, but would be nice to alleviate some stress. I'll call them once I have everyone's details and see if this is possible.

hamburger helper on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Is there still room? I may be up for this (Me + Female)

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited July 2007
    Ya of course! What are your dates arriving/departing?

hamburger helper on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Arrive Thurs Night Leave Sun night, is the plan

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited July 2007
    helper- Let me know what your preference is for assuring the reservation. I can Paypal you a deposit, or whatever's easiest for all concerned. Feel free to PM or email me.

eel- I also haven't played Perfect Dark in ages, so it should be good. As far as DS games w/ multiplayer, I'll probably be bringing:

Mariokart DS; Pokemon Pearl; Animal Crossing WW; Puzzle Quest (which I really suck at); Star Fox Command...I think that's all the multis I've got.

ZORRZAXX on
    edited July 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Arrive Thurs Night Leave Sun night, is the plan

K, I'll add you to the list
    helper- Let me know what your preference is for assuring the reservation. I can Paypal you a deposit, or whatever's easiest for all concerned. Feel free to PM or email me.

I'll wait til I contact the hostel. Might be easier to get everyone to confirm with them once I make the arrangements.

hamburger helper on
    edited July 2007
    wow this thread blew up. Myself and two other guys reserved for a 4 person dorm right now. I would be down for rooming with other PAX attendees but I don't think they have something big enough for all of us. we'll see how it plays out though

badrew on
    edited July 2007
    worse comes to worse i'm pretty sure we can all play mario kart ds thru the walls :-P

also put me and my bro down for tentative
    Check-In Date: 23 AUG 2007
    Check-Out Date: 27 AUG 2007

edit: ok i convinced my bro, so we're down for this for reals

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    edited July 2007
    badrew wrote: »
    wow this thread blew up. Myself and two other guys reserved for a 4 person dorm right now. I would be down for rooming with other PAX attendees but I don't think they have something big enough for all of us. we'll see how it plays out though

According to the website, they have 7/8 person dorm rooms, so we'd be split up into a couple rooms at least. This way we can all be sort of in the same rooms I suppose. Want me to add you to the list?

hamburger helper on
    edited July 2007
    yep put me in

badrew on
    edited July 2007
    badrew wrote: »
    yep put me in

What are your arrival/ departure dates?

hamburger helper on
    edited July 2007
    He's with the CCST, so he's arriving on Thursday the 23rd

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2007
    And then outta there Monday I presume?

hamburger helper on
    edited July 2007
    More than likely, unless they decide to bug out on Sunday, which is unlikely.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2007
    Updated OP with Green Tortoise email response

hamburger helper on
    edited July 2007
    Thanks, Helper, that makes my life simple (I already have reservations). Was there any info on a TV we could use in room, or can we invade the lobby one?

ZORRZAXX on
    edited July 2007
    Just sent in my reservation request then. And theres a missing N in the link in the e-mail response.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
This discussion has been closed.