Take two, since the last game ended up being totally fucked. Fresh slate - roles are all being randomized.
Where does it come from, this quest? This need to solve life's mysteries, when the simplest of questions can never be answered. Why are we here? What is the soul? Why do we dream? Perhaps we'd be better off not looking at all. Not delving, not yearning. That's not human nature. Not the human heart. That is not why we are here.
The Human Genome Project has discovered that tiny variations in man's genetic code are taking place at increasingly rapid rates. Teleportation, levitation, tissue regeneration. This is no longer outside the realm of possibility.
A painting of a grim future has been produced by a comic book artist, Isaac Mendez, with an uncanny talent for seeing the future. A number of groups feel very conflicted about this painting; some are actively trying to prevent it, while others want to see it happen. In all of this, the serial killer known as Sylar is still loose somewhere in the country, taking powers from others and using them for himself.
Everyone assembled here is interested in the bomb, whether for good or for bad. The question simply remains; will you let it happen?
Gameplay and Rules
Each night everyone will get to vote for a person they believe suspicious. At the end of the round, the person (or people) with the most votes will be arrested (essentially out of the game), and the voting begins anew for the next round. If you vote for someone, you may not go back and edit your vote away. You must make a new post that says you retract the vote. Votes and retractions should be framed as such, or at least similarly:
I !vote to have Hylianbunny arrested.
I !retract my vote to have Hylianbunny arrested.
The voting closes each night at 10pm Eastern. The first round will end on Monday, July 16th. Those who have special abilities need to PM me their intentions by 9:45pm Eastern to use their powers. Furthermore, you may not contact anyone anonymously, share role PMs (though you can explain your role if you so wish), or post in the thread once you die. You may not contact anyone once you are dead, and you may not contact the dead if you are living, unless told otherwise. Everyone is allowed one goodbye post that may not have any pertinent information. I am told mods will be watching. There will be no dead thread either. Suck it up and wait for the endgame.
Two posts a day or you are out. If you will be gone for a day, or few days, contact me so that I can announce it to the thread. If you are a special, I will give you a chance to give orders in advance. Otherwise, you die in the next narration. Everyone gets a free pass in round one, as last time we axed certain people too quickly. I donâ€™t really pay as much attention to the activity clause as some people, so donâ€™t worry about it too much.
There are a number of sides in this game of Phalla, with evolved humans in each group. Groups may have alternate win conditions.
As time goes on, special events may occur which alter the rules slightly. Alterations in this fashion will be announced.
All of the sides know their own win conditions. Most sides also have an alternate win condition.
The sides are;
Citizens (evolved humans are in this category, generally)
The Linderman Group
1. Buzz Buzz - Mohinder Suresh (bag-and-tagged by The Company)
2. DasHanselHM - The Haitian (killed by Sylar)
3. Monkeybomb - Company Man (killed by Sylar)
5. Mr. Embarkation - Citizen (bagged by the Company)
6. Six - Citizen (killed by Sylar)
7. Tossrock - Niki Sanders (bagged by the Company)
8. Zoolander - Citizen (arrested)
9. Darkseid - Jessica Sanders (bagged as a result of Tossrock's death)
10. Scarlet St. - Citizen (killed by Sylar)
12. Qorzm - Claude Rains (arrested)
13. Munkus Beaver - Isaac Mendez (bagged by the Company)
14. Green - Micah Sanders (killed by Sylar)
15. blankspace - Citizen (killed by weasels)
17. Wiggin - Matt Parkman (killed by the Linderman Group)
19. Scarlet Ave - Citizen (nuked by Ted)
20. PotU - Citizen (bag-and-tagged by The Company)
22. real_pochacco - Citizen (bagged by the Company)
23. Sara Lynn - Claire Bennet (killed by Sylar)
24. Javen - Theodore Sprague (arrested)
25. Nogs - Civillian (bagged by the Company)
27. the wook - citizen (killed by the Linderman Group)
28. JohnHam - Citizen (nuked by Ted)
29. Quetzi - Citizen (killed by Sylar)
30. B:L - Mr. Bennet (nuked by Ted)
32. Captain Ultra
33. bsjezz - Citizen (killed by Sylar)
35. Fizban - Citizen (nuked by Ted Sprague)
38. Critical - Company Man (killed by Sylar)
39. TheKovakistani - Citizen (arrested)
40. Drez - Sylar (bagged by The Company, escaped)
42. Ardor - Peter Petrelli (bagged by the Company)
43. Dogbone33 - Civillian (killed by the Linderman Group)
44. Firstcomradestalin - Citizen (killed by Sylar)
45. Shenanigans - Linderman Group (dropped)
47. Bendery - Citizen (killed by Hiro)
48. Nusch - Nathan Petrelli (bagged by The Company)
49. Dislexic - Meredith Gordon (arrested)
Order of Powers:
Any guardians protect.
Any bad groups attack.
Any vigilantes attack.
Vote takes effect.
Any seers receive results.
Round one (two) will end on Monday, July 16th, at 10:00 PM Eastern Time.
PMs are going out now.
And for emphasis, don't trust people.