As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel October 2007 Solicits (Preview)

• BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Blankspace wrote: »
    I am really surprised it hasn't been.

I only picked up the first issue, and it was godawful.

When they were in Britain Harry Potter and Ron and Hermione made a cameo, because "olol British!"

Wait, what? Issue?
    I can't remember the issue, it was 1, 2 or 3. I saw it on scans_daily.

Juggernaut's running by and he almost hits some dude in glasses who gets pulled back by a chick saying "Watch, out Harry!"

and then he says to his red-headed friend "Wow, that was close, huh Ron?" or something similar.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Nope.
    Thor_Blood_Oath_5.jpg

Oh well I'm dumb I just saw the horns and got excited. Now looking back I see the other 2 silhouettes and it makes more sense

smokmnky on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The tragedy of New Excalibur is I want to like it, and I like the characters, but I've never met anyone who reads it, let alone likes it.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    I am really surprised it hasn't been.

I only picked up the first issue, and it was godawful.

When they were in Britain Harry Potter and Ron and Hermione made a cameo, because "olol British!"

Wait, what? Issue?
    I can't remember the issue, it was 1, 2 or 3. I saw it on scans_daily.

Juggernaut's running by and he almost hits some dude in glasses who gets pulled back by a chick saying "Watch, out Harry!"

and then he says to his red-headed friend "Wow, that was close, huh Ron?" or something similar.

That's capital. Now I have canon proof to support my Harry Potter/Dr. Strange crossover!

And I think I just said too much. :oops:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Is that Ultimate Hellcat on the Ult Spidey cover?

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Briareos wrote: »
    Is that Ultimate Hellcat on the Ult Spidey cover?

That's what I thought, but they already have one.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think the rollerskate is what really makes me laugh the most.
    lollerskates

Algertman on
    edited July 2007
    I think it is Ultimate Hellcat, because Immonen is writing/drawing a story for her in MCP, and the Ultimate Defenders were a joke and took the potential out of a lot of awesome characters (Black Knight, Luke Cage, etc.)

I really wouldn't mind if they ignored that and made actual versions of the characters.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    "Spider-Man: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Ooooh boy. Methinks some timeline issues are going to occur.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited July 2007
    Doubt it, there's the whole "How did this happen?!" bit in the issue.

Spidey's not suddenly going to jump to 18, especially since Bendis' favorite thing of the series is how Peter matures as a character, but he doesn't age dramatically.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • tbumpkinstbumpkins Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This might be my awesome homemade sundae talking, but look at that WWH cover. Methinks there's a bit of the Marvel subterfuge going on. Sentry looks a bit...off, and the solicit read's a bit non-descriptive. Add to that the non solicit for Incredible Hulk.

By the time October comes, the blond on that cover will have an uru hammer, and it will be magnificent.

As for that Spider-Man cover, the part of me that hates Millar for making the Defenders into a bad joke would love for that to be Hellcat. But the other part of me can't get past the fact this woman is holding a giant gun and has no eye slits in her mask to help, you know, aim the damn thing.

tbumpkins on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wii - 1587-6863-4834-4924
    edited July 2007
    Eh, I don't think so. Thor hasn't been mentioned at all when it comes to WWH, and Sentry has been said to have a major part in it.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Is S.H.I.E.L.D. still a government agency in the Ultimate verse? Is it just the Ultimates that are no longer government sanctioned?(Meaning they can tell S.H.I.E.L.D. to go fuck themselves and hire Spider-man onto the team, if they want).

Of course, it could just mean now that Aunt May knows, she'll just give her permission.

The Muffin Man on
  • Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Is S.H.I.E.L.D. still a government agency in the Ultimate verse? Is it just the Ultimates that are no longer government sanctioned?(Meaning they can tell S.H.I.E.L.D. to go fuck themselves and hire Spider-man onto the team, if they want).

Of course, it could just mean now that Aunt May knows, she'll just give her permission.

The Ultimates 2 storyline takes place 2 years in the Ultimate universe's future. So the Ultimates are still a part of the government in USM.

Diablo Fett on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh god.

Ben is soo fucked

Transporter on
    edited July 2007
    Man, I hate to say it, but it almost feels like they blew their load with the previews. I'm not nearly as excited by the rest of the solicits.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited July 2007
    I SWEAR TO GOD! Greg Land took picture of a Spider-Man action figure and traced it. Just look at it.

Algertman on
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, Avengers Initiative is the only thing out of this new batch that I'm excited about.

And I haven't been following Ultimate Power...is it's focus suppose to be T&A?

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Leave it to Michael Turner to draw the worst Dr. Doom ever.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    Reigner wrote: »
    Yeah, Avengers Initiative is the only thing out of this new batch that I'm excited about.

close

the focus is tracing

Algertman on
    edited July 2007

Thats all Greg Land knows how to trace.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Leave it to Michael Turner to draw the worst Dr. Doom ever.
    Well, to be fair it's a different Doctor Doom.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited July 2007

we agree

But I won't tell anyone if you don't

Algertman on
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have the hots for Phyla Vell right now. I really think that Quasar is going to be by far the best mini of the bunch for Annihilation: Conquest. At least until the main event gets moving.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Algertman wrote: »

we agree

Heh, I was thinking this too, whos the one with the 'power girl' bewb window?

LockeCole on
    edited July 2007
    Iroh wrote: »
    I have the hots for Phyla Vell right now. I really think that Quasar is going to be by far the best mini of the bunch for Annihilation: Conquest. At least until the main event gets moving.
    Eh, I have a feeling that Starlord is gonna beat it. Giffen's a hell of a good writer and the covers are beautiful.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited July 2007
    LockeCole wrote: »

we agree

I think that the reality warper. I.E. thier Scarlet Witch. I dont remember her name though.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007

we agree

I think that the reality warper. I.E. thier Scarlet Witch. I dont remember her name though.

Enchantress

Edit: Also, her powers are like SW's pre-House of M powers, but different. They explained it in the last Supreme Power, but basically, her magic is based on Order. Scarlet Witch is based on Chaos.

If they collided, it could possibly destroy all reality as we know it.

But all it did was a pretty big bang.
    Then Ultimate Dr. Doom showed up.

I really wish it was 616 Doom

Transporter on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Punisher War Journal #12?

More like Giant-Sized Punisher #12, am I right?

DarkPrimus on
    usnTyq4.jpg
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

we agree

Enchantress

Edit: Also, her powers are like SW's pre-House of M powers, but different. They explained it in the last Supreme Power, but basically, her magic is based on Order. Scarlet Witch is based on Chaos.

Dr. Strange explained that "chaos magic" is all bull; there's no such thing.

mattharvest on
    edited July 2007

we agree

Enchantress

No such thing in 616 Marvel.

Ultimate Marvel? Who knows.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited July 2007
    Ultimate Universe.

And DAMMIT Blank.

Transporter on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh look a terrible fucking Ghost Rider cover.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Oh look a terrible fucking Ghost Rider cover.

I love the expression on the face of the vampire he's choking. That expression needs a name.

GRIDER16.jpg

DMAC on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    I love the expression on the face of the vampire he's choking. That expression needs a name.

Paul Reubens can taste your soul.

Crimsondude on
    edited July 2007

we agree

Enchantress

No such thing in 616 Marvel.

Ultimate Marvel? Who knows.

Whoops, I'm an idiot, you're right. I forgot that it was an Ultimate line.

mattharvest on
    edited July 2007
    Paul Reubens can taste your soul.

It looks like its referencing Reubens' appearance in the original Buffy movie (i.e. the one w/ Dylan from 90210, where Buffy's PMS cramps were her 'spider-sense' for detecting vampires).

/Or did they keep that in the series? I dunno, I wasn't a huge fan.

mattharvest on
    edited July 2007
    The cramps thing was not in the TV series no.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    Man, I just noticed that Essential Moon Knight vol. 2 is out in October. That is so very tempting.

wwtMask on