As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Peter Moore resigns from Microsoft, may be EA-bound

• bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    eabyv1qd0.gif

Hahahahahaha

bruin on
  • EtericEteric Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well this kind of hurts my enthusiasm to get a 360.

Damn it, Peter.

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Eteric wrote: »
    why?

deadonthestreet on
    edited July 2007
    Eteric wrote: »
    why?

I don't know, to be honest. I don't like the look of the new guy.

AND he's from EA.

O_o

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What this really means is that EA is finally going to release its own console and put Madden on it and nothing else.

:!:

chamberlain on
    edited July 2007
    What this really means is that EA is finally going to release its own console and put Madden on it and nothing else.

:!:

Don't even joke like that.

You just gave me the willies. :(

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Aw, I liked Peter... despite having no particular urge to buy a 360. It would be even better if he left for Nintendo, but the awesomeness of the Reggie/Peter duo would shake the very foundations of the earth. Seriously though, Moore understands the industry and the gamers who pay for it very well, and he should do brilliantly at E3, who could always use some understanding people in charge.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I remember when Don came out with (I think) Ed Fries to announce EA on Xbox Live. That was pretty LOL. Then he seemed kind of cold, but I could care less to tell you the truth. I freaked out when Ed Fries left and things went fine. Then J Allard went to work on the Zune and the Xbox division went fine. Shane Kim, despite the fact that I haven't seen the fucker do anything, seems to be doing a fairly good job. I don't see this a huge deal though, admittedly, I liked Peter Moore.

Also, where the fuck is Robbie Bach?
    Shane Kim is the head of Microsoft Game Studios (MGS). He's the guy responsible for picking games like Gears of Wars and making sure the first party teams (Bungie, Ensemble) continue to do their thing. He used to be something like my boss' boss' boss or something. I actually admire the guy, both because he's very well spoken, seems to be great at his job, and also as a fellow Asian-American, I'm happy to see a fellow Asian-American at such a high level position and also in an industry-leading role.

Robbie Bach is the President of the whole division. Peter Moore reports to him. So him taking that role would actually be a step down.

Personally, I would have preferred to see J Allard return to focus on the 360, but he's basically the head of Zune now. I've never met Don Mattrick, so I don't have any opinion of him ... at least not yet.

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    New guy looks very...pedophile.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited July 2007
    New guy looks very...pedophile.

And very un-cool.

Peter Moore (I think someone else said this) looked like the devil himself. I swear, give the man a red suit, horns, and a pitch fork and BAM.

But he was awesome, and this saddens me. :|

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Insert obligatory DAMMIT EA WHY MUST YOU CONSUME EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD IN THIS WOOOOOORLD

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Lewisham wrote: »
    Why this new bum?! IT WAS TIME FOR THE SECOND-COMING.
    J_Allard_101005.jpg

Lex Luthor? NO!
    Lex_Luthor_cake.jpg

That's terrible! I mean, four tens.

Anyway, considering I really don't care about sports games, I'm sad that Moore went to EASports. I wish he'd gone to EA Games or something.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • DravalenDravalen Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    JCRooks wrote: »
    Shane Kim is the head of Microsoft Game Studios (MGS). He's the guy responsible for picking games like Gears of Wars and making sure the first party teams (Bungie, Ensemble) continue to do their thing. He used to be something like my boss' boss' boss or something. I actually admire the guy, both because he's very well spoken, seems to be great at his job, and also as a fellow Asian-American, I'm happy to see a fellow Asian-American at such a high level position and also in an industry-leading role.

I don't really put much faith in him, after some of the more recent choices made by MGS.

Dravalen on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I miss Peter already. :cry:

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    JCRooks wrote: »

Personally, I would have preferred to see J Allard return to focus on the 360, but he's basically the head of Zune now. I've never met Don Mattrick, so I don't have any opinion of him ... at least not yet.

After watching J Allard transform into a crazy person, I'm quite under the impression that he has no understanding of the gaming community, which was the thing I liked most about Peter Moore. He was very in tune with what the community was talking about and such. Reggie is cool and all, but I just don't get the same vibe from him as I do from Peter. Peter seems to get genuinely excited about the games that are coming out, or he's very good at pretending to be. I doubt he'll be out interacting with public as much now while working with EA, which kinda sucks.

YodaTuna on
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    To the person who said company heads are interchangeable bits, just talking heads, and not very important...

Sony disagrees.

jungleroomx on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • MerovingiMerovingi regular
    edited July 2007
    I liked the guy as well. This is going to be unfortunate for MS. Hopefully we don't see more of that Jeff Bell super-car-salesman dude though.

Merovingi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am not really fazed by this, even owning a 360 and after following E3 so closely.
    In reality, he seemed like a nice enough guy, but there could be people out there that might do a much better job.
    I'm thinking someone who has the ability to get me excited about games without selling them to me. And no charts and sales graphs would be nice.

Local H Jay on
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    wow. I wonder if this is something he wanted, or something he was asked to do. very interesting indeed.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My only problem with this is does he use the EA philosophy of Get it out on a ship date weather its good or not (aside from Will Wright) or the MS of lets put out a quality product that people want to buy.

Yeah, Microsoft has never released a bad product.

Seriously, this is the first G&T thread I've read in weeks, and surprise surprise, it's full of fanboy dick waving.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Argh, this angers me. I liked him at MS :(

They'd best not go and cock things up now.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    After watching J Allard transform into a crazy person, I'm quite under the impression that he has no understanding of the gaming community, which was the thing I liked most about Peter Moore. He was very in tune with what the community was talking about and such. Reggie is cool and all, but I just don't get the same vibe from him as I do from Peter. Peter seems to get genuinely excited about the games that are coming out, or he's very good at pretending to be. I doubt he'll be out interacting with public as much now while working with EA, which kinda sucks.
    That's true. I did like the way Peter presented himself, and he will definitely be tough to replace. For me, I guess it was more like the old idiom: "better the devil you know than the devil you don't". I'm not a huge fan of J Allard myself, but I know very little regarding Don.

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wonder what his salary at MS was?

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Manifest wrote: »
    My only problem with this is does he use the EA philosophy of Get it out on a ship date weather its good or not (aside from Will Wright) or the MS of lets put out a quality product that people want to buy.

Seriously, this is the first G&T thread I've read in weeks, and surprise surprise, it's full of fanboy dick waving.

Wow, someone from SE++ coming into G&T and being an asshole? I would have never expected that to happen.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Wow, someone from SE++ coming into G&T and being an asshole? I would have never expected that to happen.

Stop making it so easy.
    The "EA bashing fanboy" is tossed around as a G&T sterotype because as quoted above, it's pretty apt in some cases.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Can this new guy turn it up to 11?!

YardGnome on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well I was goin for Microsoft Game Studios don't call me a fanboy just cause of one statement. I didn't say Microsoft was infallible either.

If anything I'm an anti fanboy cause I'm ready to jump on any companies shit the second they fuck up.

bloodyroarxx on
  • FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    YardGnome wrote: »

Even better: can he keep up a conversation with SPACE GHOST?

(I can't find a link for that video, but it was surprisingly amusing)

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man, I thought the Rock Band demo was a bit off, but I think firing him for it is going a little too far.

Edit: This new guy better get tattoos like Moore did to announce major game releases or he can fuck right off.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'll bet they forced him to resign because he sucks at Rock Band.

edit: god dammit

Zek on
  • Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The new guy looks like a bit of a wiener.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • YardGnomeYardGnome Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    FireWeasel wrote: »
    YardGnome wrote: »

Even better: can he keep up a conversation with SPACE GHOST?

(I can't find a link for that video, but it was surprisingly amusing)
    The Pac-man video was good too.

YardGnome on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So, seriously, what do we know about this guy? Any particular history with EA we should be aware of?

Zek on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    So, seriously, what do we know about this guy? Any particular history with EA we should be aware of?

All I can find is that he left EA and was an advisor to Microsoft before this.
    Seems an awful lot like that guy in LOTR that corrupts the king...

Local H Jay on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wait a second...
    050516_don_mattrick.jpgpetermatdx9.jpg
    :shock:

-SPI- on
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Stop making it so easy.
    The "G&T bashing" is tossed around as a SE++ sterotype because as quoted above, it's pretty apt in most cases.

Guek on
  • MonaroMonaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Someone needs to do a photoshop of Peter Moore with a Madden 2012 tattoo with 2009,2010, 2011 all crossed out before it.

[edit] Jeeze SPI, I think you uncovered Pete Jr.

Monaro on
    steam_sig.png
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am not really fazed by this, even owning a 360 and after following E3 so closely.
    In reality, he seemed like a nice enough guy, but there could be people out there that might do a much better job.
    I'm thinking someone who has the ability to get me excited about games without selling them to me. And no charts and sales graphs would be nice.

You know that E3 is not for you, right?

Or do you think that companies should ask you if you like their excutives before hiring them?

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png