As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Peter Moore resigns from Microsoft, may be EA-bound

124»

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Wait a second...
    050516_don_mattrick.jpgpetermatdx9.jpg
    :shock:

145k GIF O_o

MKR on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Peter Moore was heavily involved in the Dreamcast and thus all past and future sins are forgiven wholesale.

Great man.

The_Scarab on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am not really fazed by this, even owning a 360 and after following E3 so closely.
    In reality, he seemed like a nice enough guy, but there could be people out there that might do a much better job.
    I'm thinking someone who has the ability to get me excited about games without selling them to me. And no charts and sales graphs would be nice.

You know that E3 is not for you, right?

Or do you think that companies should ask you if you like their excutives before hiring them?
    I realize that, but being head of that department he should be able to get me into whatever it is he and his people are working on, and if he can't do that, well, say hello to Kaz.
    I mean, really. "RIIIDDDDGGGEEE RAAACCCEERRR." does not make me want a PS3.

Local H Jay on
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i hope this guy is better than jack tretton. i had no idea who he was or what he looked like prior to this E3 but that guy is a tool. Hey kaz, want a turkey burger? Or maybe i'll just go make out with chewie some more.

Guek on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    He was infracted, no reason to carry this on any longer.

Also Peter Moore was cool, but this new guy might be cool as well. Either way, just as long as they keep making games that look appealing to me I'll keep wanting a 360.

And this is a bad totp.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    damn right it is. that totp is hardly a top at all!

Guek on
  • AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    So, seriously, what do we know about this guy? Any particular history with EA we should be aware of?

Apparently he started making games back in 82 with a friend of his to pay his way through school, then in 86 their little company was bought up by EA. So at the very least two things can be said about him. 1) He's been around the block in the industry, and 2) he, at the very least, started out actually making games. Don't know much of what he's done lately, but he at least has his roots firmly in the industry as a developer.

This is the article I got it from. Gotta love the web of the late 90s.

Aoi on
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Moore has gone the way of Bullfrog, Westwood and the like.

EA, does your evilness have no bounds?

Kelor on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PETER.

PICK A BUSINESS AND WORK THERE.

Shit, damn, just pick someplace.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • mspencermspencer PAX [ENFORCER] Council Bluffs, IARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't know what it counts for, but I just switched over to the Japanese marketplace and watched some videos. Peter Moore just told all of Japan "I look forward to seeing you all at the Tokyo Game Show in September." (He then spits out "domo arigatou" way too fast and doesn't say "domo" right. :-P )

mspencer on
    MEMBER OF THE PARANOIA GM GUILD
    XBL Michael Spencer || Wii 6007 6812 1605 7315 || PSN MichaelSpencerJr || Steam Michael_Spencer || Ham NOØK
    QRZ || My last known GPS coordinates: FindU or APRS.fi (Car antenna feed line busted -- no ham radio for me X__X )
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    moore_ea.jpg

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Sinister CheshireSinister Cheshire Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was watching g4 with a buddy of mine last night, blasphemy as g4 is to begin with, but they had a little interview, not with peter moore, but with adam sesler (an expert?! rofl) and some other guy.

Anyway, the point being that they were asking the question of, how drastically will this affect the xbox and will it cause the 360 to lose the console war.

wtf is this? I mean seriously, as if gamers give 3 shits about who makes our games. As long as they blow our minds away we couldnt care less, this is the whole reason about why sony fell behind. We aren't loyal to a developer (cept maybe squaresoft-squeenix), we just want good games.

Its not like Peter Moore was making games himself anymore. Props to the guy for his work on the orginal xbox, and I'm sure hes had a hand in the 360, I mean look at the job he had. But for fecks sake G4...and THE LOOP, microsoft isnt going to go under just cause Peter Moore leaves town and makes out with EA (feck you too EA).

when EA takes over the world, THEN xbox may go under. As EA says...

If its in our game...we'll put it in YOUR WORLD.

no.....wait... >_> <_<

Sinister Cheshire on
  • RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    wtf is this? I mean seriously, as if gamers give 3 shits about who makes our games.

Tell that to the Miyamoto squad. :)

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • cemetery mancemetery man Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Peter Moore is awesome. Good luck bro!

cemetery man on
  • NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sorry.
    moorequits.jpg

Hopefully Moore can help EA stop sucking.

I read up a bit on this new guy, and he seems alright.

Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Want to know how big a wheelbarrow full o' money EA offered Moore? Gamespot, via public findings, has found out.

One-time bonus of $1,500,000
    Moving expenses of $330,000
    Annual salary of $550,000
    Potential yearly bonuses of $412,500

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6175226.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;7

Damn.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293