As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Supernatural]: It's Super, in an unnatural way

• Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think the werewolf episode would be better if they didn't overdue it.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I thought the werewolf episode was great, and it allowed sam to understand why Dean couldn't just kill him, without having to throw that in the audiences face.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    I thought the werewolf episode was great, and it allowed sam to understand why Dean couldn't just kill him, without having to throw that in the audiences face.

Yea I liked it too, but I mean, there was soo much crying and everything. Unless Sam is really that much of a wimp.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well he is a wimp, thats his mo. Dean is the kill everyone, fuck everyone and go out with a hamburger in one hand, a gun in the other and a huge erection. Sam is the writing letters to his dead wife in the twilight morning of the day kind of guy.

I'll spoiler my theory for dean's salvation in case people don't want to read it.
    I think they will find something to trade the demon in exchange for deans soul, my guess would be that knife or something of similar power, as it seems like Demons have a problem with other demons, and the ability to kill another demon would be pretty powerful for them. Also is it possible the mysterious woman is some kind of angel sent down to balance out the demons on the loose?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That's one thing; there's been little mention of the Other Side of the Eternal Battle.

There are of course spirits and whatnot, and we have seen Christian churches/priests/holy water, but nothing overt. Which I like.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well remember the roadkill episode, there was mention of they know hell exists (as the demons mention its not a pleasant place), but they have no idea what happens when a good soul stops being. And as such there hasn't been an "angel" or anything heavenly on the show.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    There was only the ascension of the priest's spirit in the episode at the Church that is even remotely 'angelic' as far as I know.

I'd like someone to turn things on their head and have angels being truly hardcore pricks that make the demons look like nothing. But they just don't care enough about the mortal realm anymore, or they're focused on more 'important' things. You could even steal something from the comic Preacher and have God off on some sojourn and that's why the Angels haven't stepped in for the last thousand years.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well roadkill had a similar style spirit vanishing as did the final episode of season 2. So you can go somewhere better then hell, just where that is and whats going on there is the question.

I could see angels being pricks (kind of like in Hellblazer), but I would hope they wouldn't have too many of them as mans troubles with hell is part of the appeal of the show.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well he is a wimp, thats his mo. Dean is the kill everyone, fuck everyone and go out with a hamburger in one hand, a gun in the other and a huge erection. Sam is the writing letters to his dead wife in the twilight morning of the day kind of guy.

I'll spoiler my theory for dean's salvation in case people don't want to read it.
    I think they will find something to trade the demon in exchange for deans soul, my guess would be that knife or something of similar power, as it seems like Demons have a problem with other demons, and the ability to kill another demon would be pretty powerful for them. Also is it possible the mysterious woman is some kind of angel sent down to balance out the demons on the loose?

So another awesome weapon for life deal?

I was also thinking the same on that last part. Would be cool if that's what this season focuses on.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well its a possibility, the only way I see the demon giving up her hold on dean is for her to have something better (even if there is a way after the fact to have that taken from her). I just hope they don't kill off dean it would be a mulder all over again (even if its temporary).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Whooo new episode, watching it right now. I missed the first part of the show cause my sister forgot to record it.
    Freaky changelings.

Edit: Oh Shi-
    Blonde chick is a demon!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have to say, I absolutely loved the episode "Tall Tales" with the Trickster in Season Two. I laughed pretty hard, particularly with the slow-dancing alien bit.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Trickster was pretty cool (plus he was played by Skip Muck from Band of Brothers). I like how the episode had both brothers portraying the other as a complete idiot in their retelling of the story.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'm batman!

This episode was pretty funny.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I really didn't like the new female character. I was waiting for Dean to bop her in the face for shooting his brother. I could live with her taking the money that way. But instead she got one person killed, stole something from their father and shot one of them. Fuck that bitch.

On the plus side. "I'm Batman" and "Son of a bitch". Seriously, Dean carries that show.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah Dean gets +100 points for the "I'm Batman!" quip. That was great. :D Dean really does carry that show when you think about it. I mean, Sam's got his moments, but overall if the show lost Dean it wouldn't be the same.

Operative21 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well dean has always been the awesome brother. Sam will get all conflicted and Dean will just cap a fucker, and then screw a woman. Besides Dean uttered the awesome "Awkward".

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    God damn, i missed this last night. I'll have to read this after i watch it on DVR tonight.

/can't wait

JPants on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Yeah I have to wait till tonight to actually see the episode since I have to download it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Ok so this made me happy. In a few eps, the guys will be fighting...
    Jason Voorhees

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Fuck yeah, I wonder if he'll be an urban legend or another creature like the internet one.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Fuck yeah, I wonder if he'll be an urban legend or another creature like the internet one.

Well maybe a crazy demon that possessed somebody maybe?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I wasn't too clear on what I read but it apparently is him but it isn't. So not the authentic one, assuming that there is a Friday the 13th movie series in that universe. But the next best thing to him.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Guys, I love this season so far. The "I'm Batman" quip was sexcellent.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I wasn't too clear on what I read but it apparently is him but it isn't. So not the authentic one, assuming that there is a Friday the 13th movie series in that universe. But the next best thing to him.

I'm guessing that it is the supposed to be exactly like our world except with boogie man and stuff.

Like I said it could be a crazy ass demon who possessed a big guy named Jason, or maybe it's an urban legend thing, or something along the lines of the internet episode.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

That's what I figured since they make pop culture references all the time.

I am with the hate of the new girl though, I really hope she doesn't show up much (the thief bitch) or she gets taken out by a mack truck.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007

I am with the hate of the new girl though, I really hope she doesn't show up much (the thief bitch) or she gets taken out by a mack truck.

I'm guessing she is going to be like along the lines of the black guy who is out to kill Sam and is in jail. Are against the brothers and show up for a couple of episodes throughout a season.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Seriously. I get they're trying to make her bad ass but she stole from the boys, got someone killed, threatened the life of Deans brother, that alone would be enough for him to snap most peoples necks and yet they write it off as her getting away with a good chunk of money as a reward for being a fucking bitch. Hot or not. I can't stand a character like that but I'm pretty sure, unfortunately, she will be back.

It was stupid anyway, "Yeah you can kill him but im lucky and you wont make it one fucking foot before youre joining him you dumass ho."

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well I didn't mind him, whos name escapes me now. Hell they now have an old 24 villain paired up with so those two should be even better. I just hate the "I am smarter then both of you, only want to make money while at the same time the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD IS IN TROUBLE, and I am like hot and stuff" she comes off as the worst character.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well I didn't mind him, whos name escapes me now. Hell they now have an old 24 villain paired up with so those two should be even better. I just hate the "I am smarter then both of you, only want to make money while at the same time the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD IS IN TROUBLE, and I am like hot and stuff" she comes off as the worst character.

She is quite annoying and I bet that's how they wanted her to be like. Hell there are lots of people like that in real life, they just decided to make one for the supernatural world.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Seriously. I get they're trying to make her bad ass but she stole from the boys, got someone killed, threatened the life of Deans brother, that alone would be enough for him to snap most peoples necks and yet they write it off as her getting away with a good chunk of money as a reward for being a fucking bitch. Hot or not. I can't stand a character like that but I'm pretty sure, unfortunately, she will be back.

It was stupid anyway, "Yeah you can kill him but im lucky and you wont make it one fucking foot before youre joining him you dumass ho."

Yeah the episdoe was playful so they didn't have mean Dean, but any other episode he would have snapped her neck like a twig. It just seemed out of character for the brothers, I think the problem is the writer wanted to introduce his cool new character and just didn't write the Winchester brothers well in response.

Also what I hated about her knoweledge of things was retarded. She knew the Winchesters had the foot, sam specifically and that it was in his coat pocket. He got pick pocketed and didn't even notice, though one could assume they do similar tricks with how they get in an out of places you would think he would know what it feels like. She just knew that Dean had those tickets in his pocket (and why he wouldn't have put them in jeans pocket or notice how long she was at his jacket?).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Yeah the episdoe was playful so they didn't have mean Dean, but any other episode he would have snapped her neck like a twig. It just seemed out of character for the brothers, I think the problem is the writer wanted to introduce his cool new character and just didn't write the Winchester brothers well in response.

Also what I hated about her knoweledge of things was retarded. She knew the Winchesters had the foot, sam specifically and that it was in his coat pocket. He got pick pocketed and didn't even notice, though one could assume they do similar tricks with how they get in an out of places you would think he would know what it feels like. She just knew that Dean had those tickets in his pocket (and why he wouldn't have put them in jeans pocket or notice how long she was at his jacket?).

What you think Dean would actually snap her neck? O_o

Edit: well she is probably good at was she does so probably studied them, hell could have been watching them for a while who knows.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »

What you think Dean would actually snap her neck? O_o

Edit: well she is probably good at was she does so probably studied them, hell could have been watching them for a while who knows.

Because he'd kill anyone and anything brutally if they harmed his brother?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Or shot her or something, she shot sam, she was going to give him a death sentence by taking the rabbits foot away, and she had broken into their fathers warehouse of evil shit just to make a buck. He's killed for less.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Or shot her or something, she shot sam, she was going to give him a death sentence by taking the rabbits foot away, and she had broken into their fathers warehouse of evil shit just to make a buck. He's killed for less.

He's killed supernatural things for less yes, I don't think I saw him ever kill someone he knew was just a human.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well he exorcised the demon out of the woman knowing it would kill her, and she hadn't even wronged him. I dunno I just think it was lazy writing, trying to do a funny episode, but making the winchesters look like bumbling idiots while the cool new character is suave and gets them in the end.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well he exorcised the demon out of the woman knowing it would kill her, and she hadn't even wronged him. I dunno I just think it was lazy writing, trying to do a funny episode, but making the winchesters look like bumbling idiots while the cool new character is suave and gets them in the end.

Yea but more harm would be done if they did not exorcise the demon, just like when they had to kill the woman when they could not find a cure to change her form being a werewolf.

But yea, the last episode was a joke one, like the trickster, it helps the show not be purely serious and I enjoyed it so I didn't care too much.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I wouldn't have minded if I knew it was a one off with that character (like the trickster) but it appears it was a set up, and I just hated the character they were setting up. I just hope this isn't the thing with this season where a different savior shows up each episode for the brothers, that could get old quick.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    And Dean being comical is acceptable. But he has a great capacity for doing whatever he needs to do to get the job done despite the cost and for shooting his brother...yeah, he has killed for less. Even if it was slightly supernatural.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I wouldn't have minded if I knew it was a one off with that character (like the trickster) but it appears it was a set up, and I just hated the character they were setting up. I just hope this isn't the thing with this season where a different savior shows up each episode for the brothers, that could get old quick.

Wait what saviour showed up in this episode?

Look Out it's Sabs! on