As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Supernatural]: It's Super, in an unnatural way

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I liked how Dean was going to turn his back on her, I mean she did fuck herself with this one. So I wonder who she killed, I am figuring her father. He was probably a hunter who trained her to do deal with the damned, and then he got corrupted or something and she had to kill him.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yes, last episode was fantastic, just saw it over the weekend on the PVR. Supernatural is very quickly becoming one of my absolute must-see shows, along with Heroes.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So new episode was tonight.
    Gordan and his pal are finally dead, also man Sam is getting pretty bad-ass.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    I'm surprised they killed him off but I guess hes been built up to be too good a hunter for them to evade him for very long and as shown, he'd just resort to other means to get them to come to him

DarkWarrior on
    edited November 2007
    Oh and for those interested in the appearance in episode 10 of
    Jason Voorhees

It looks like his appearance is going to be in a
    Dream

DarkWarrior on
    edited November 2007
    Saburbia wrote: »
    I'm surprised they killed him off but I guess hes been built up to be too good a hunter for them to evade him for very long and as shown, he'd just resort to other means to get them to come to him
    Add in the fact that Gordan is really evil now when he was a vampire. He killed his buddy because he still wanted to kill Sam. I'm pretty sure with his skills he could have just broken his arm and run away and not outright kill him.

But I always hated Gordan so I thought this episode was cool. Also we get to see what exactly Sam can do wth barbed wire.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I love this show. Have since day one. Wasn't too sure about it when it was first announced, but the first couple of episodes won me over when I saw the writers actually did their research on the phenomena the characters encounter.

Plus, it's funny as hell.

Last night's episode spoiler.
    When Sam decapitated Gordon with the barbed wire and it showed Sam's hands being cut up in the process, I almost expected him to realize that, in the process, Gordon's blood had gotten on his cut-up hands. I'm glad they didn't do it, but man...that would be awesome.

cr0w on
    edited November 2007
    cr0w wrote: »
    I love this show. Have since day one. Wasn't too sure about it when it was first announced, but the first couple of episodes won me over when I saw the writers actually did their research on the phenomena the characters encounter.

Plus, it's funny as hell.

Last night's episode spoiler.
    When Sam decapitated Gordon with the barbed wire and it showed Sam's hands being cut up in the process, I almost expected him to realize that, in the process, Gordon's blood had gotten on his cut-up hands. I'm glad they didn't do it, but man...that would be awesome.
    Sam would be the all uber, has some demon blood and now vampire blood in him. What else then would they be able to add? Werewolf? :P

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Barry White. Gotta give the ladies somethin'.

cr0w on
    edited November 2007
    I like near the beginning.

"Describe this guy can you?"

"I unno, he was old.. maybe near 30?"

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited February 2008
    So are people watching this and not commenting? Tonights episode was fucking amazing people, chat more.

Lots of good jokes, lots of heavy action. I personally agree more with Dean's actions than Sam's. They only lost two more people than they would have otherwise and they didn't know she was gonna get all pissy and be a baby about it.

DarkWarrior on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Was last night the season finale?

First off, it was very, very awesome.
    Lilith is the fucking hardcore-est. Something about small childred with demonic power just appeals to me in a science fiction sense

Second, I feel really bad for
    the virgin

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited February 2008
    Was last night the season finale?

First off, it was very, very awesome.
    Lilith is the fucking hardcore-est. Something about small childred with demonic power just appeals to me in a science fiction sense

Second, I feel really bad for
    the virgin

Especially considering how much sex she was gonna have. Presumably with Dean.

It was the finale I think before the strike ended. As it is, there's supposed to be like 4-6 episodes in April/May I think now, along with a few other series.

Also, Ruby's plan would have cost them one of their best allies which would have fucked them over a lot more.

DarkWarrior on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm really pissed that they killed
    Hendrickson (or appeared to, I'm still not sure everyone died in there). There was a lot of potential in his storyline.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited February 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    Hendrickson (or appeared to, I'm still not sure everyone died in there). There was a lot of potential in his storyline.

He did seem like a decent character and it almost sounded like they were going to branch him off as a
    demon hunter. But I guess that was the point, make us think he nad the virgin weren't going to die and then kill them off in a flash.

Still think Ruby had the wrong idea.

DarkWarrior on
  • Peeps ChickenPeeps Chicken Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The Cat wrote: »
    I'm really hoping it turns out he's not dead. We didn't see a body, and the same news report that stated he was dead also stated that Sam and Dean were dead, so I think it's at least feasible we'll see him again.

They had a voiceover at the beginning of the episode that said something "there's way too many demons and nowhere near enough hunters to go around." I was thinking we'd end up seeing Henrickson leading some sort of federal hunter team down the road.

Peeps Chicken on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    There are 4 more episodes starting April 24th.

I really loved the episode before this one.

devoir on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Dean's one-liner last night was great
    Hendrikson: "I... shot the sheriff?"
    Dean: "...But you didn't shoot the deputy."

Plutonium on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Dean's one-liner last night was great
    Hendrikson: "I... shot the sheriff?"
    Dean: "...But you didn't shoot the deputy."

He just looked so very pleased with himself. :) He's such a well-written and well-portrayed character.

devoir on
    edited February 2008
    Ok resurrecting this to discuss plot points in the coming episodes.

About Bella and the colt.

I have to say I hate bella, but I believe she is trying to make a deal to save dean with the colt. When they called her she said they didn't know her and acted indignant about selling it. We know she owes the winchesters and she does like dean. So she has the potential to be a saving force and redeem her horrible character.

About Ruby and demons in general

I think she is more then she is letting on, she doesn't know why she isn't evil like the others yet she is helping the winchesters and seems to have her fingers on the pulse of things out there. I figure she is some kind of warden assigned by hell to get the lost demons back. We don't know much about the place other then its a place of eternal torment. She seemed all to willing to send herself back there, I figure because she could get back out with relative ease.

About Sam

As shown by the trixter he's Travis Bickle in a dress, a psycho in hiding, without dean, Sam becomes a lot more focussed and like their father. It almost stands to reason its better for demons to get dean to stick around because a sam without dean is a man without a concience. He'd do whatever he had to, and kill whatever got in his way.

So thoughts?

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2008
    Sam without Dean is a man with nothing to lose, hence why he'd probably go off the deep end.

I also hate Bella. Though I'd still have angry sex with her.

EDIT: I'm inclined to believe that Ruby was willing to make that choice because she has some knowledge of how important Sam and/or Dean may be. Or she was just trying to influence their decision regarding the virgin.

DarkWarrior on
    edited February 2008
    Sam without Dean is a man with nothing to lose, hence why he'd probably go off the deep end.

EDIT: I'm inclined to believe that Ruby was willing to make that choice because she has some knowledge of how important Sam and/or Dean may be. Or she was just trying to influence their decision regarding the virgin.

I dunno I think the implication from the Trixter is that Sam is already like that, Dean just kind of keeps it in check (which is a funny reversal since Dean was always the kill em all type).

I just suspect that hells higher ups don't like the way things have played out, they let Sam be resurrected, they let their father out, something tells me all the demons running around aren't exactly welcome by some of the members down under. Ruby seems to know a bit too much about how to kill demons or banish them to just be a regular foot soldier (even yellow eyes didn't have a weapon for killing demons we saw yet ruby has been able to come up with 2).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DevnoimagDevnoimag Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So about Lillith's eyes. . .
    Is she a fallen angel, biblical Lillith, or maybe just a more powerful demon?

My wife is a Dean freak. I'm not a mega fan, but I like his character progression. Jensen is a very good actor.
    I'm not entirely sure I like the "Grr! Angry! Kill!" Sam, but his downward spiral is cool. I just hope they don't rush it.

Devnoimag on
    edited February 2008
    Devnoimag wrote: »
    So about Lillith's eyes. . .
    Is she a fallen angel, biblical Lillith, or maybe just a more powerful demon?

My wife is a Dean freak. I'm not a mega fan, but I like his character progression. Jensen is a very good actor.
    I'm not entirely sure I like the "Grr! Angry! Kill!" Sam, but his downward spiral is cool. I just hope they don't rush it.

I figure Lillith is what Sam was supposed to be, a child that was corrupted by Yellow Eyes blood and has embraced the dark side as it were. I didn't see Sam as grr angry kill, more like a practiced pyschopath, like Gordon Walker.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2008
    Preacher wrote: »

I dunno I think the implication from the Trixter is that Sam is already like that, Dean just kind of keeps it in check (which is a funny reversal since Dean was always the kill em all type).

I just suspect that hells higher ups don't like the way things have played out, they let Sam be resurrected, they let their father out, something tells me all the demons running around aren't exactly welcome by some of the members down under. Ruby seems to know a bit too much about how to kill demons or banish them to just be a regular foot soldier (even yellow eyes didn't have a weapon for killing demons we saw yet ruby has been able to come up with 2).

Their motives were very different though. Yellow Eyes wanted to propagate the demon race and have it run rampant. Killing his bretheren doesn't exactually promote such a plan. Ruby seems to dislike them or at least most of them.

DarkWarrior on
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Watched the finale(ish) last night. God i love this show.
    Hendricks
    Pissed that they "killed" him (Cat may be right). It totally felt like they were setting him up to be a hunter, possibly even Dean's temporary replacement after he dies (i feel like IF they let dean die and go to hell, they'd come up with some way to bring him back) especially with all the "just like me" comments between Dean and him.

Like Preach pointed out, the role reversal between Dean and Sam at the begining, and them now, is pretty fantastic. They did it over a LONG time and never too heavy handed.

Bella
    I kinda like Bella, and I don't know why. I like the idea that she is trying to trade the cult for Dean's life/soul. That would do a great job of adding a dimension to her character and dodging the bullet that they set up for Dean's death in a way that doesn't seem contrived.

Ruby
    When i first saw Ruby, I thought she was probably something like the #2 or 3 demon in Hell. I'm not sure why, but the whole "having a weapon to kill demons" and plotting to disrupt other demons plans thing struck me as something a powerful, scheming demon would do. Something trying for a power play in Hell by destroying someone else's plan. As time goes on though, i'm really not sure.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ruby's spell wouldn't have banished the demons (someone said she offered it cause she could come back easily), she said kill. She also critisized them for exorcising the demons and "letting them run and tell the boss what's up" (which is what brought Lilith). I think she really was offering a way to kill, permanently, all those demons, and herself. Not sure what to make of this.

Might have more thoughts later. Damn i love this show.

Also, the Sherrif/deputy lines were fantastic. As soon as the guy said it, in my head i said Dean's line. It was so cheesy awesome perfect. And he looked so pleased with himself. Love it.

JPants on
    edited February 2008
    I thought that Ruby was THE Devil at first. Her comments about the fallen angels implies shes more htan what she is saying.

DarkWarrior on
    edited February 2008
    Yeah I was with the Satan line until the one demon said that Ruby was her follower. I just don't buy that Ruby is normal, I think she is playing the Winchesters. Everytime she has shown weakness or that she is a normal demon its been in front of the winchesters, she also seems to tell each one a different thing. She told Dean she can't save him, but didn't tell sam. She told Sam there is a demon gunning for him, etc.

Another thing that strikes me about the demons is who got out, we can assume yellow eyes army was aware of what was going on and got out when the gate was open. How did Ruby who we can only assume was against them get out? And for that matter their father? Someone is stacking the deck here (letting out father winchester to take out yellow eyes is a good move, they knew who he'd go after before moving on). We haven't heard mention of Satan except for the cross roads demon mentioning her boss. Maybe he isn't down with all his little minions causing problems.

Also where does the trixter fit in, obviously he was playing with sam about deans death (I figure he was the voice of "bobby" in the little montage they did). Why would he help the winchesters? Maybe what he really wanted to know was what would happen if Dean is not there and inform his superiors? It certainly didn't seem to work out for demonkind if Dean Winchester is not there for Sam. Even when Dean was killed by random joe blow, just imagine if a demon did it.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2008
    I don't remember the dad getting out. Was that the finale last season (opening the gate)? Did it have repercussions after that one episode?

JPants on
    edited February 2008
    It was the final episode of season 2. When the gate opened he attacked yellow eyes, after yellow went down, he blinked out in a flash of yellow like that ghost woman who couldn't accept she was dead. So no long term consequences because he most likely moved on to a better place.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2008
    It was the final episode of season 2. When the gate opened he attacked yellow eyes, after yellow went down, he blinked out in a flash of yellow like that ghost woman who couldn't accept she was dead. So no long term consequences because he most likely moved on to a better place.

Nice, thanks for the reminder.

Also, yeah, I kinda though Ruby might have been Satan at first, but then i figured it was more likely that she was trying to usurp Satan.

Every time i read about Hell in a book the idea of power plays and "political" intrigue style double crossings always comes to mind.

JPants on
    edited February 2008
    JPants wrote: »

Nice, thanks for the reminder.

Also, yeah, I kinda though Ruby might have been Satan at first, but then i figured it was more likely that she was trying to usurp Satan.

Every time i read about Hell in a book the idea of power plays and "political" intrigue style double crossings always comes to mind.

Yeah its a common theme in a lot of media regarding the place. Brimstone had hell like a prison, Constantine (the movie) had it a place of agony/parrallel to our world, I think the comic Constantine had it similar to the movie, but its been a while.

The general idea is that Satan likes ruling the place/can't leave, so he demands that people sent there have the same thing.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2008
    Sandman's version of Hell is the greatest thing I've seen so far. But i'm digressing.

JPants on
    edited February 2008
    Yeah we don't know much about the Supernatural version, it has the pain and suffering, but at some point people become demons. It's an interesting take.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2008
    Agreed. I'm hoping they explore it more, and I think they will, with the Ruby stuff, and in the process of saving Dean from his little issue.

JPants on
    edited February 2008
    Well in season 2 we learn that ghosts stem from people refusing to let go, and now we learn that demons are just humans who went to hell. It seems like for most of the monsters in supernatural, they are simply man corrupted.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2008
    Well in season 2 we learn that ghosts stem from people refusing to let go, and now we learn that demons are just humans who went to hell. It seems like for most of the monsters in supernatural, they are simply man corrupted.

Very true! In fact, the only one I can think of off the top of my head that isn't a "human" corruption (or at least wasn't explained that way) is the Djinn... And maybe the shapeshifter.

Though my memory isn't perfect.

JPants on
    edited February 2008
    Well the trixter as well, he is more of a bad god, as were the pagan gods for the Christmas special. I'd say the shapeshifter is a human, just a genetic mutation or something similar (though they did have a weakness to only specific types of metal, so maybe more of a werewolf like situation).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited February 2008
    Ah yeah, forgot about all the gods. /retarded

JPants on
    edited February 2008
    Its ok pants, I remember a lot of this stuff, forget my parents birthday.

One thing that hasn't been touched on that yellow eyes mentioned last season, the winchesters mother knew him previous to him killing her. And what happened to the black psychic lady? We have some loose ends that would be nice to be tied up.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net