As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How do people get so EVIL?

2»

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    titties, i would imagine

mrpaku on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    This guy isn't evil, more like Chaotic Unlawful

this makes no sense whatsoever.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    besides, who gives a shit? Let him loose, I say. Dexter'll end up fucking his shit up sooner or later anyway.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited July 2007
    this is like something out of a spy thriller

bongi on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    vigo.jpg

Now is the season of evil!

Meiz on
  • Options
    BlitzkriegBlitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    bongi wrote: »

Yeah, unfortunately the girl didn't have a grapple hook on her belt and/or a watch laser and daringly escaped while the mastermind sauntered off.

She got eaten. Alive. D:

Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Saved wrote: »
    Newscaster: And right now it's time for athletics, and over to Brian Goebells in Paris.

Goebells: Hello, well you join us here in Paris just a few minutes before the start of today's big event: the final of the Men's-Being-Eaten- By-A-Crocodile event. I'm standing now by the crocodile pit where- AAAAAAHHHHH!

(FX: Crocodiles eating, French exclamations and sirens)

Newscaster: Ah. Well I'm afraid that we've lost Brian. While they're sorting that out, we have a report from Barry Loothesom in Lughtborrow on the British preparations for this most important event.

Loothesom: Here at Lughtborrow are the five young men chosen last week to be eaten by a crocodile for Britain this summer. Obviously, the most important part of the event is the opening 60 yard sprint towards the crocs. And twenty-two year old Nottingham schoolteacher Gavin Watterlow is rated by some not only the fastest but also the tastiest British morsel since Barry Gordon got a bronze at Helsinki. In charge of the team is Sergeant Major Harold Duke.

Duke: Aww, well, you not only got to get in that pit first, you gotta get EATEN first. When you land in front of your croc, and 'e opens his mouth, I wanna see you right in there. Rub your 'ead up against 'is taste buds. And when those teeth bite into your flesh, use the perches to thrust yourself DOWN his throat...

Loothesom: Duke's trained with every British team since 1928, and it's his blend of gymnastic knowhow, reptilian expertise and culinary skill that's turned many an un-appetizing novice into a crocodilic banquet.

Duke: Well, our chefs have been experimenting for many years to find a sauce most likely to tempt the crocodile. In the past, we've concentrated on a fish based sauce, but this year, we are reverting to a simple bernaise.

Loothesom: The British team are worried because Olympic regulations allow only the competitor's heads to be sauced. Gavin Morolowe...

Morolowe: Yes, well, I mean, (clears throat) you know, four years ago, everyone knew the Italians were coating the insides of their legs with bolinaise, the Russians have been marinating themselves, One of the Germans, Biolek, was caught actually putting, uh, remolarde down his shorts. And the Finns were using tomato flavoured running shoes. Uh, I think there should either be unrestricted garnishing, or a single, Olympic standard mayonnaise.

Loothesom: Gavin, does it ever worry you that you're actually going to be chewed up by a bloody, grey crocodile.

Morolowe: The only thing that worries me, Jim, is being the first one down that gullet.

Loothesom: Well, the way things are going here at Lughtborrow, it looks as though Britan could easily pick up a place in the first seven hundred. But nothing's predictable in this tough, harsh, highly competitive world where today's champion is tomorrow's crocodile shit. And back to you, in the studio, Norman.

Awesome.

And yeah, leaving a kid to be killed like that is pretty fucked up.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I bet PETA is pissed that he fucked up the alligator's eco-system like that. What's the fine for feeding the gators and human littering?

TankHammer on
  • Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited July 2007
    Blitzkrieg wrote: »
    bongi wrote: »

Yeah, unfortunately the girl didn't have a grapple hook on her belt and/or a watch laser and daringly escaped while the mastermind sauntered off.

She got eaten. Alive. D:

well yeah but still

bongi on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    You can only be eaten alive for so long before it turns into just plain old being eaten.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    BlitzkriegBlitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Semantics I hope I never have to explore.

Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Knob wrote: »
    this guy in the state capitol shot a girl through a window of an old chicago while she was performing with a band

now that's some dinner theater

One of my brothers was there and had to chase off the press so the employees could go home
    he also gave a rather graphic explanation of what went on when he called the other day

Apparently that guy didn't really care if he got caught or not. He's (ex-)military with sniper training and she was shot in the head through a window from across the parking lot with a rifle. It's like he was just trying to show-off.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Evil is relative thx

Yeah, if your culture says that it's OK to feed people to alligators, what right do I have to judge?

Oh, wait, I have every right to judge.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    it is entirely possible for a culture to be backwards and stupid

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    it is entirely possible for a culture to be backwards and stupid

And it's entirely proper for it to be judged as such.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    word

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    this guy in the state capitol shot a girl through a window of an old chicago while she was performing with a band

One of my brothers was there and had to chase off the press so the employees could go home
    he also gave a rather graphic explanation of what went on when he called the other day

Apparently that guy didn't really care if he got caught or not. He's (ex-)military with sniper training and she was shot in the head through a window from across the parking lot with a rifle. It's like he was just trying to show-off.

The Wyoming National Guard is hardly miltary

just a bunch of ex oilfield workers chasing antelope around with sharp sticks

Knob on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You can only be eaten alive for so long before it turns into just plain old being eaten.

It doesn't even sound like they ate her. I mean, I assume you don't find the bodies of eaten people, aside from a few boney chunks.

Knawed to death, then spat out. Killed and insulted at the same time.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Mister LongbaughMister Longbaugh Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »

what about the guy in colorado who called himself the emperor and attempted to storm the capitol building

shit, whenever there's an event downtown i miss it

i'm really surprised we didn't hear about that while we were at meps. I mean the building is real close to the state capitol, and it was happening while we were there

Mister Longbaugh on
  • Options
    Agent VesagoAgent Vesago Half Iago. Half Fu Manchu. All Bastard. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    TheCanMan wrote: »

It was a good shot.

Agent Vesago on
    Clowns.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    besides, who gives a shit? Let him loose, I say. Dexter'll end up fucking his shit up sooner or later anyway.

Rank

Rank

<3

Bloods End on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Moral relativism is the biggest copout I've ever heard.

Javen on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    Moral relativism is the biggest copout I've ever heard.

I remember in my Philosophy class when we discussed it.

Then we had to break into groups, one side for it and one side against it.

Arguing against it was the easiest thing I ever did in University.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I always thought that moral relativism simply meant that the morality of a particular action is determined by its context. For example, in some situations, the act of lying is bad, such as lying to your spouse about cheating on them, whereas in other situations, the act of lying is good, such as if you were protecting people from being killed by telling the potential killers that you don't know where they are.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    well isnt that interesting see i think arguing against moral relativism is one of the worst things a person can possibly do

no no

the worst

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    FCD wrote: »
    I always thought that moral relativism simply meant that the morality of a particular action is determined by its context. For example, in some situations, the act of lying is bad, such as lying to your spouse about cheating on them, whereas in other situations, the act of lying is good, such as if you were protecting people from being killed by telling the potential killers that you don't know where they are.

From what we were told in the class, there are different levels of moral relativism; what you suggest is merely a less extreme version. The really extreme ones suggest that it is impossible for us to judge a culture's moral truths because we have no reason to suggest that they're better/worse than our own.

Meta-ethical is the latter, and descriptive is the former, if I remember right. Been a while since I took the class, though, so I'm not 100% sure on either.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Air wrote: »
    well isnt that interesting see i think arguing against moral relativism is one of the worst things a person can possibly do

no no

the worst

Even meta-ethical relativism? See, I have no problem with descriptive relativism. There are people there who just deserve a good killing, and even though it's an action that would be improper in another situation, in that specific situation it's justified.

Meta-ethical relativism, though, suggests that we can't EVER argue against another culture's moral beliefs because it's all relative. That's the kind of position that leads to things like saying the Holocaust may be wrong from our point of view, but from the Nazi Germany point of view it was okay because they're a different culture and we have no right to argue against them.

Now if you really do mean that arguing against moral relativism, including meta-ethical relativism is the worst thing a person can possibly do, then I disagree completely.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    exactly
    how you gonna say a whole culture was shit

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    wait nazis werent a different culture they were a bunch of dudes with dumb heads

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    vsove wrote: »

From what we were told in the class, there are different levels of moral relativism; what you suggest is merely a less extreme version. The really extreme ones suggest that it is impossible for us to judge a culture's moral truths because we have no reason to suggest that they're better/worse than our own.

Meta-ethical is the latter, and descriptive is the former, if I remember right. Been a while since I took the class, though, so I'm not 100% sure on either.

I've never heard anyone advocate the later, extreme position, only the former one, wherein the context is the measure of what is moral, not the action itself.

FCD on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    wait nazis werent a different culture they were a bunch of dudes with dumb heads

I.. I don't know how to respond to this.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I've never heard anyone advocate the later, extreme position, only the former one, wherein the context is the measure of what is moral, not the action itself.

I doubt you'll see it advocated too strongly in society as a whole, although I would disagree I've never seen it brought up. It's a debated philosophical position, though, because it's a lot easier to argue about something like this when you're not having to bring the human factor into things.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I.. I don't know how to respond to this.

I saw this thing on the television about a guy named Hitler? Somebody should stop him.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I doubt you'll see it advocated too strongly in society as a whole, although I would disagree I've never seen it brought up. It's a debated philosophical position, though, because it's a lot easier to argue about something like this when you're not having to bring the human factor into things.

Oh, I imagine it is debated in philosophical circles, I've just never heard of anyone trying to seriously enact it in the real world. It seems clear to me that it would inevitably lead to an absurd situation, wherein harmful ideologies would have to be given free reign simply because we aren't allowed to judge them. I generally reject absurd ideologies, so I see no value in such extreme relativism.

FCD on