As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Silence of the Phalla (GAME OVER! Village Victory)

12345679»

• SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    Squashua wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »
    Squashua (the other person cj seered), PMed me 16 times in 3 days.

Thanks, Squashua!

You were a "selfish" guardian (selfish in game terms - self-guarding). I blame the rules for allowing the guarding to guard himself.

Here's the PM I had ready after CJ died. All you needed to do was guard me for one night.

squashua wrote:
    PM

It never got sent out b/c thorgot took his time responding and then refused to guard me for one night.

NOTE Argh, only protected against ONE attack? I hate that rule. It helps self-guarding, but it hinders external guarding.

How would that plan have accomplished anything? Its not like you would have been told who was attacking you, and anyone at all could claim to attack you.

The vigilante would known for sure that I was guarded as his attack wouldn't have gone through (75%? What's this nonsense?) It would prove to the vigilante that I knew who the guardian was. That's really all that would be needed.

I'd get some PMs from people and as my message stated, I'd have to figure it out from there based on the PMs received.

Squashua on
    edited July 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Frosteey bathes and doesn't smell like mafia in the way that you do, jdark. Plus, you voted for me, which made you extra targetey.

I still can't believe you deliberately left out the 'u'.
    So you've seen our boards? :rotate: I just couldn't help myself. You were all "vote for darksun! he wants to eat your children!" I had to get that little dig in there.

I've come up with a good rule of thumb for these games. The longer I survive, the more likely it is that I'm some flavor of bad guy.

I got a couple PMs from people regarding my rebuttal. :winky:

rebuttal

Squashua on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh come on, K_A probably still isn't even aware that he signed up.

Aroduc on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    That's blindly. You ignored the fact that I wasn't the first person to vote Plutonium, and I don't think I ever ended a night with a vote for him. Did you think Frosteey was mafia, too? I mean, he voted Plutonium every single night. Totally mafia. :)

Sounds like someone's envious of my absolute domination of my win condition.

Frosteey on
    edited July 2007
    Aroduc wrote: »

:^::^:

Squashua on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Aroduc wrote: »

People were threatening to bandwagon him in the signup phase and then everyone started voting for him. I might have ignored the thread after that too.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    People were threatening to bandwagon him in the signup phase and then everyone started voting for him. I might have ignored the thread after that too.
    Yea, I wasn't too pleased with that.

Then again I forgot to vote one cycle after barely paying attention to the game. Not really in a position to say much of anything.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2007
    actually, i think he went out of town.

Unknown User on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I liked it - it was an interesting twist, though I missed all the senselss accusations that normally fly around.

Shamus on
    edited July 2007
    I enjoyed this, but it reminded me too much of that creepy "all we do is play Mafia" forum place where they never speak to each other and just post votes.

Squashua on
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My own personal opinion, I think this was a fun game to watch, I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy it while playing.

For the people who hate needless accusations, Springer-esque showdowns and such, this should be a fu game to play.

It might also be interesting to put a limit on how many posts per game day are allowed per person. So if the limit was, say 5 posts per game day, you'd have to make them count.

Ardor on
    edited July 2007
    the game REALLY slowed down as it progressed. I was thinkin of maybe cuttin the round times down with every cycle, but that might fuck up too many people with lots of RL stuff to worry about.

Unknown User on
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I 100% trusted my network and it could not be compromised.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    edited July 2007
    i was D: when drez died. The Diary especially made me quite sad.

Unknown User on
    edited July 2007
    I was handling a lot of PMs a day. Had to clear my inbox twice.

So... yeah. Not much going on in this Phalla.

Squashua on
  • SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have to say I was worried when Aroduc PM'd me, claiming to be a seer, and when asked if I had any ideas, I suggested cj iwakura (completely at random), who turned out to be our seer...

And then I get vigilante'd a few hours later. *shakes fist*

Saphier on