As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the Week - July 18th Edition

Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
edited July 2007 in Graphic Violence
I've only read Countdown and All Flash so far, so my moment right now is All Flash being fan-fucking-tastic

Garlic Bread on
«134

Posts

  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    second moment of the week: figuring out how to assemble a longbox
    i had to look up instructions :oops:

    Garlic Bread on
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm just imagining a koala hitting a box and reading an upside down manual.

    Skullo on
  • DMACDMAC Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    I've only read Countdown and All Flash so far, so my moment right now is All Flash being fan-fucking-tastic

    Any hints as to Bart's fate?

    DMAC on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Initiative was pretty awesome.
    Nice going there, Hardball.

    Mai-Kero on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    I've only read Countdown and All Flash so far, so my moment right now is All Flash being fan-fucking-tastic

    Any hints as to Bart's fate?
    Dead.

    Fencingsax on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    I've only read Countdown and All Flash so far, so my moment right now is All Flash being fan-fucking-tastic

    Any hints as to Bart's fate?
    Dead.
    "He screamed like a LITTLE BITCH."

    That's what Inertia tells Wally.

    To his face.

    Holy shit..

    Owenashi on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    I've only read Countdown and All Flash so far, so my moment right now is All Flash being fan-fucking-tastic

    Any hints as to Bart's fate?
    Dead.
    "He screamed like a LITTLE BITCH."

    That's what Inertia tells Wally.

    To his face.

    Holy shit..
    So how fucked up did Inertia get?

    Mai-Kero on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    I've only read Countdown and All Flash so far, so my moment right now is All Flash being fan-fucking-tastic

    Any hints as to Bart's fate?
    Dead.
    "He screamed like a LITTLE BITCH."

    That's what Inertia tells Wally.

    To his face.

    Holy shit..
    So how fucked up did Inertia get?
    AMAZINGLY fucked

    LockeCole on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    that's not how spoilers work

    PiptheFair on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    that's not how spoilers work

    It was fixed before you posted, niener~niener

    LockeCole on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    All of World War Hulk: X-Men.

    Seriously, like every page.
    World_War_Hulk_-_X-Men_002_009.jpg
    World_War_Hulk_-_X-Men_002_010.jpg

    Also,
    World_War_Hulk_-_X-Men_002_018.jpg
    World_War_Hulk_-_X-Men_002_019.jpg

    Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • DMACDMAC Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    Harsh.

    Also:
    Wouldn't Hulk have the stone/concrete fused with the skin/muscles of his hands and feet? You'd think that would make it pretty hard to move.

    DMAC on
  • JCMJCM Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Anyone remember that Punisher vs Marvel what if issue?

    This is the Hulk version, with everyone getting smashed, and with 10X more violence.

    JCM on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    Harsh.

    Also:
    Wouldn't Hulk have the stone/concrete fused with the skin/muscles of his hands and feet? You'd think that would make it pretty hard to move.
    Look closely at his arms. The concrete is still in there.

    Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    JCM wrote: »
    Anyone remember that Punisher vs Marvel what if issue?

    This is the Hulk version, with everyone getting smashed, and with 10X more violence.

    except this actually makes sense in a comic book sort of way and is not a result of garth ennis hating the very medium he works in

    also, dmac, look closer

    PiptheFair on
  • DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    OMG...that WWH: X-Men is freakin' awesome!
    Will there be Hulk vs. Colossus action by any chance?

    Divebommah on
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User
    edited July 2007
    DMAC wrote: »
    Harsh.

    Also:
    Wouldn't Hulk have the stone/concrete fused with the skin/muscles of his hands and feet? You'd think that would make it pretty hard to move.

    You'll notice that his hands are dripping, and the noise he makes is kind o a ripping?

    Yeah, he ripped off his hands and feet, then they grew back really stupidly quick.

    Basically, between that and Ghost Rider #13 there is no stopping the Hulk.

    Well, apart from the SPIN tech, but Hardball fucked that right up.

    bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

    Anally.
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Harsh.

    Also:
    Wouldn't Hulk have the stone/concrete fused with the skin/muscles of his hands and feet? You'd think that would make it pretty hard to move.

    You'll notice that his hands are dripping, and the noise he makes is kind o a ripping?

    Yeah, he ripped off his hands and feet, then they grew back really stupidly quick.

    Basically, between that and Ghost Rider #13 there is no stopping the Hulk.

    Well, apart from the SPIN tech, but Hardball fucked that right up.
    Sentry

    PiptheFair on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    bobgorila wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Harsh.

    Also:
    Wouldn't Hulk have the stone/concrete fused with the skin/muscles of his hands and feet? You'd think that would make it pretty hard to move.

    You'll notice that his hands are dripping, and the noise he makes is kind o a ripping?

    Yeah, he ripped off his hands and feet, then they grew back really stupidly quick.

    Basically, between that and Ghost Rider #13 there is no stopping the Hulk.

    Well, apart from the SPIN tech, but Hardball fucked that right up.
    Sentry
    Assuming Sentry can get his shit together long enough to actually fight... and what did Hardball do to the SPIN tech?

    LockeCole on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited July 2007
    LockeCole wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    bobgorila wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Harsh.

    Also:
    Wouldn't Hulk have the stone/concrete fused with the skin/muscles of his hands and feet? You'd think that would make it pretty hard to move.

    You'll notice that his hands are dripping, and the noise he makes is kind o a ripping?

    Yeah, he ripped off his hands and feet, then they grew back really stupidly quick.

    Basically, between that and Ghost Rider #13 there is no stopping the Hulk.

    Well, apart from the SPIN tech, but Hardball fucked that right up.
    Sentry
    Assuming Sentry can get his shit together long enough to actually fight... and what did Hardball do to the SPIN tech?


    Apparently the reason that Iron Mans punch didn't do anything to the Hulk was that he used one out of a few dozen bullets which had been deactivated by Hardball in order for him to sell the nanites contained within. I still think Hulk wouldn't have been downed by them.

    DarkWarrior on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against the Irish) Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    LockeCole wrote: »
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    I've only read Countdown and All Flash so far, so my moment right now is All Flash being fan-fucking-tastic

    Any hints as to Bart's fate?
    Dead.
    "He screamed like a LITTLE BITCH."

    That's what Inertia tells Wally.

    To his face.

    Holy shit..
    So how fucked up did Inertia get?
    AMAZINGLY fucked
    Scans?

    Gabriel_Pitt on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man, I tried looking up
    Hardball on wikipedia and got REALLY confused. This is what it says for one of the definitions of Hardball:

    Hardball (comics), a pornographic comic book by Chuck Austen.

    I click on it and it is about the Hardball cahracter in the Initiative.

    Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    LockeCole wrote: »
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    I've only read Countdown and All Flash so far, so my moment right now is All Flash being fan-fucking-tastic

    Any hints as to Bart's fate?
    Dead.
    "He screamed like a LITTLE BITCH."

    That's what Inertia tells Wally.

    To his face.

    Holy shit..
    So how fucked up did Inertia get?
    AMAZINGLY fucked
    Scans?

    Major All Flash spoiler:
    AllFlash36.jpg

    Owned.

    Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    LockeCole wrote: »
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    DMAC wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    I've only read Countdown and All Flash so far, so my moment right now is All Flash being fan-fucking-tastic

    Any hints as to Bart's fate?
    Dead.
    "He screamed like a LITTLE BITCH."

    That's what Inertia tells Wally.

    To his face.

    Holy shit..
    So how fucked up did Inertia get?
    AMAZINGLY fucked
    Scans?

    Major All Flash spoiler:
    AllFlash36.jpg

    Owned.

    Damn.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, Inertia got proper fucked.

    bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

    Anally.
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I love it when that kind of shit happens to people. It's the best fate ever. And it's extra ironic, too!
    Divebommah wrote: »
    OMG...that WWH: X-Men is freakin' awesome!
    Will there be Hulk vs. Colossus action by any chance?

    Yes, there was.
    Hulk breaks his arms. They went "RRRNNNKKK!!!" Is that the sound of tortured metal or what?

    And then he beats the shit out of Wolverine and Juggernaut.

    Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I love it when that kind of shit happens to people. It's the best fate ever. And it's extra ironic, too!
    Divebommah wrote: »
    OMG...that WWH: X-Men is freakin' awesome!
    Will there be Hulk vs. Colossus action by any chance?

    Yes, there was.
    Hulk breaks his arms. They went "RRRNNNKKK!!!" Is that the sound of tortured metal or what?

    And then he beats the shit out of Wolverine and Juggernaut.

    At least they didn't go KRAKAKABOOM. ;)

    Might as well rename it World War Hulk: Everyone gets thier shit ruined.

    LockeCole on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Can't post too much WWH without posting like half the issue, because it's mostly continuous butt-kicking.

    That said, I got a real lol out of this one:
    AA-WWH02-028.jpg
    AA-WWH02-029.jpg

    Nice plan, Richards. :lol:

    Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • OolongOolong Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That WWH: X-Men issue may be, start to finish, the best book-length fight scene I've ever read. Dayum.

    Oolong on
  • JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    John Romita drew the best Thing vs. Hulk fight scene I've ever read. It actually manages to look like two massive bruisers beating the crap out of each other. Great work.

    Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

    - General Ferdinand Foch
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against the Irish) Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    One of the smartest men in the world, and the best he could do was shoulder mounted spotlight? Buh?

    Gabriel_Pitt on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    man, fuck Richards

    PiptheFair on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    While there where a ton of great scenes this week.


    Spot just stole the show over in MODOK's 11.


    and Ares' one panel in The Order was fucking hilarious.

    Scans coming shortly.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What, you mean this fight?
    AA-WWH02-023.jpg
    AA-WWH02-024.jpg
    AA-WWH02-025-26.jpg
    AA-WWH02-027.jpg

    Followed by what I posted up there.

    Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    WWH X-Men
    Juggernaut...sort of.

    Mr Pink on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Ares' Deep, Dark Secret:
    2004427905349045331_rs.jpg

    The Spot, motherfuckers.
    2004438054263429006_rs.jpg
    2004474598674848104_rs.jpg

    Excuse the shittiness of the latter two scans.

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Avengers: Initiative
    Good job hardball :^:

    Also all of WWH: X-men and WWH #2. My first issue of a DC book ever (All Flash) was an awesome de-viringizing. The Order was an OK first issue, but nothing to write home about. I haven't gotten to M.O.D.O.K yet.

    And am I allowed to say that I'm not a fan of X-factor? Like, at all?

    Reigner on
    3DS FriendCode. Pokemon me: 0645-5757-1012
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    so uh, why is spot being deadpooly?

    PiptheFair on
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Because they needed a comedic relief character and he works well with it?

    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    WWH is officially the best event Marvel has had in a long time.

    DarkPrimus on
    dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
Sign In or Register to comment.