As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Something innocuous

• ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    This was ill conceived and poorly executed.

Aw come on, it wasn't that poorly executed. Now there are people who think I don't know the rules, people who think I'm trolling, people who think I took it too far, people who think I didn't take it far enough. Soon the armchair psychologists will come waltzing in to analyze my replies and discern exactly which relative of mine touched me as a child so horrifically that I would post Harry Potter spoilers.

you know it would of been a lot better just to go to a Barnes and Noble or something at the day of release of the book and shout the spoilers then drive away, because you can't get banned from rl doing that.

and record it and put it on youtube of course.

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007

Aw come on, it wasn't that poorly executed. Now there are people who think I don't know the rules, people who think I'm trolling, people who think I took it too far, people who think I didn't take it far enough. Soon the armchair psychologists will come waltzing in to analyze my replies and discern exactly which relative of mine touched me as a child so horrifically that I would post Harry Potter spoilers.

No, we're just going to call you a retard.

Me Too! on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    somebody fetch the president a ding-dong

Weaver on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

It was your sister.

Transporter on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

You don't need a psychologist to figure out that you're both an idiot and a poor troll.

Xaquin on
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Weaver wrote: »
    somebody fetch the president a ding-dong

NO I AM AFRAID OF CARGO HOLDS.

Skullo on
  • gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    fucking delivery men are idiots

gazamc on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    he postedharry potter spoilers and it illicits this burning hatred?

or do you hate him for knowingly breaking the rules just to flame?

or both?

The_Scarab on
  • Sgt_BillDoorSgt_BillDoor __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Xaquin wrote: »

When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.

But what happens if I just keep breaking every forum posting norm? Breaking the rules by posting about HP, then trying to cover it up like a newbie. Then not following the course of a newbie but a troll by replying to my own thread. Then not following the classic troll route by exposing myself as a troll. There are classic scripts of reply to every type of thread, be it a newbie or troll or whatever else, can I keep breaking the norm until something new starts, or will I get banned first? (and this thread devolving to people calling me a fag isn't really new)

Sgt_BillDoor on
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)
    edited July 2007
    I think it's more the way he went about it.
    I could be wrong though.

Skullo on
  • gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    the fact its been done a hundred times

to the point where its not even funny or annoying. its just. oh fuck you retard get away from here i dont want to catch your stupid.

gazamc on
    edited July 2007
    By trying to act like you meant to do this, we're just gonna keep calling you a retard.

Me Too! on
    edited July 2007
    Wait guys.

HE PLANNED IT THIS WAY.

Did you see that explanation.

He's too smart for me!

Skullo on
  • SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    He is such an anarchist. None of societies norms for him. No siree.

SpongeCake on
    edited July 2007
    Man....

It's not even worth the effort of even caring about. I mean, I would if this were some epic toll post that lights the internet on fire.

But Harry Potter spoilers?

Welcome to five years ago.

Transporter on
    edited July 2007
    Do you feel that calling him out on this will be of any benefit. If indeed he is sure to be banned then he will never come back and probably forget about you guys in a day. If he sticks around he says he planned it meaning he expected this response meaning he probably doesnt care. Im just curious as to the kind of reaction in this thread.

The_Scarab on
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    By trying to act like you meant to do this, we're just gonna keep calling you a retard.
    Being a retarded fag idiot is tough :-/
    At some point somebody's going to have to come out and say I'm doing this because I'm some kind of attention-whore, right?

Sgt_BillDoor on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ninjahuh.jpg

Weaver on
    edited July 2007

But what happens if I just keep breaking every forum posting norm? Breaking the rules by posting about HP, then trying to cover it up like a newbie. Then not following the course of a newbie but a troll by replying to my own thread. Then not following the classic troll route by exposing myself as a troll. There are classic scripts of reply to every type of thread, be it a newbie or troll or whatever else, can I keep breaking the norm until something new starts, or will I get banned first? (and this thread devolving to people calling me a fag isn't really new)

I have no idea what you're saying here.

edit: fag.

Xaquin on
    edited July 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Do you feel that calling him out on this will be of any benefit. If indeed he is sure to be banned then he will never come back and probably forget about you guys in a day. If he sticks around he says he planned it meaning he expected this response meaning he probably doesnt care. Im just curious as to the kind of reaction in this thread.
    QFT

Sgt_BillDoor on
    edited July 2007
    Oh man, stupid guy diggin on Wiggin.

BURNSAUCE

Transporter on
    edited July 2007
    At some point somebody's going to have to come out and say I'm doing this because I'm some kind of attention-whore, right?

IT'S LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO DO BEFORE I DO IT!

STAY OUT OF MY HEAD!

Xaquin on
    edited July 2007

Nope. Just a retard.
    And you trying to play it off like you meant to do it is even more retarded than doing this, even though there's a whole forum, just for Harry Potter shit.

Me Too! on
  • DranoDrano __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    whats annoying about se++ is that a thread like this stays alive for way too long because everyone wants to give their two cents

Drano on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    shit guys he's two steps ahead of us at every turn

we're dealing with a professional here

mrpaku on
    edited July 2007

I have no idea what you're saying here.

edit: fag.

What he is saying is that he has done this before.

Transporter on
    edited July 2007

Yeah, well I'm at work and bored as hell.

Skullo on
    edited July 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »

THERE IS ONLY ONE HACKER IN THE WORLD WHO CAN SOLVE THIS

Transporter on
    edited July 2007
    Nope. Just a retard.
    And you trying to play it off like you meant to do it is even more retarded than doing this, even though there's a whole forum, just for Harry Potter shit.

So if I am just a newbie and made a newbie mistake, shouldn't I be avoiding this thread or something? I might even go the route of replying with 'oh god i didnt know i wasnt allowed to do this please dont permaban me'. Maybe I'm just a garden-variety troll ands never really had plans to be a SE++ poster, just got bored and felt like stirring up trouble for 10-15 min.

Sgt_BillDoor on
    edited July 2007
    Nope. Just a retard.

So if I am just a newbie and made a newbie mistake, shouldn't I be avoiding this thread or something? I might even go the route of replying with 'oh god i didnt know i wasnt allowed to do this please dont permaban me'. Maybe I'm just a garden-variety troll ands never really had plans to be a SE++ poster, just got bored and felt like stirring up trouble for 10-15 min.

WOW, THATS DEEP.

Xaquin on
    edited July 2007
    What he is saying is that he has done this before.

How could I have done this before? This is the only forum on the whole interweb where a thread this dumb stays alive for this long.

Sgt_BillDoor on
    edited July 2007
    OH FUCK.

I just deleted the policies I've bene working on.

Now I have to redo them ALL.
    Eh, it's not like it's going to take more than 5 minutes anyway if I actually put effort in.

Skullo on
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

that pale guy from the movie The Core?

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »

that pale guy from the movie The Core?

ZERO COOL?

Xaquin on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'll bet he's the guy from the Skullman thread.

You know, catlickgirl defender.

He just waited and bided his time, and now he's fucked up Harry Potter for everyone who made fun of his friend.

ChicoBlue on
    edited July 2007
    Threads like this are like christmas to forum regulars because they never get to vent that rage they seem to have in normal threads because it would be inappropriate and get them infracted. But if they are calling out a blatant troll it is like they have the rules removed and are able to call him a fag repeatedly or just an idiot. Im not saying this isnt partly justified but really, wouldnt the more effective method be to just not post at all? I mean, calling someone a fag isnt exactly the most endearing quality someone can have. Doesnt it make you all look worse rather than super cool and macho for ratting on some new guy who broke the rules.

He has admitted he knowingly broke the rules, so its not like he didnt expect this reaction. Doesnt it just make all you guys look silly for completely falling for his bait instead of doing the right thing and not posting and ignoring him.

If his mission was to stir trouble and cause some grief then he was successful. Whether you care for it or whether this thread affects you or not, a much worse punishment for him would have been no replies and swept off the front page in less than 5 minutes, later to be locked and the guy himself banned.

Trolls want attention, hence why they do this stuff. Posting in these threads should be scrutiny to the same kind of rules as G+T, where posting in obvious troll threads, poll threads or spam/advertising threads is infractable because the correct thing to do is report it and not post.

The_Scarab on
  • SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Threads like this are like christmas to forum regulars because they never get to vent that rage they seem to have in normal threads because it would be inappropriate and get them infracted. But if they are calling out a blatant troll it is like they have the rules removed and are able to call him a fag repeatedly or just an idiot. Im not saying this isnt partly justified but really, wouldnt the more effective method be to just not post at all? I mean, calling someone a fag isnt exactly the most endearing quality someone can have. Doesnt it make you all look worse rather than super cool and macho for ratting on some new guy who broke the rules.

He has admitted he knowingly broke the rules, so its not like he didnt expect this reaction. Doesnt it just make all you guys look silly for completely falling for his bait instead of doing the right thing and not posting and ignoring him.

If his mission was to stir trouble and cause some grief then he was successful. Whether you care for it or whether this thread affects you or not, a much worse punishment for him would have been no replies and swept off the front page in less than 5 minutes, later to be locked and the guy himself banned.

Trolls want attention, hence why they do this stuff. Posting in these threads should be scrutiny to the same kind of rules as G+T, where posting in obvious troll threads, poll threads or spam/advertising threads is infractable because the correct thing to do is report it and not post.

fag

SpongeCake on
    edited July 2007
    Whoa words.

While I do agree with you, work is REALLY boring.

I mean, fag.

Skullo on
    edited July 2007
    Random thought just struck me. I'm sure it's been discussed before, but...
    Besides this being a trolling post and on the wrong forum, why is posting a spoiler -inside- the thread wrong? If you don't want to see a spoiler, no one is forcing you to click the thread. This is on the pretend assumption that any of us even know how a book that hasn't been released even ends. But really... Howard Stern got kicked off the air. Some people were against it, claiming if you don't like it don't listen to it, but others claimed they didn't have a choice but to hear it for 5 seconds as they scanned the radio channels and didn't like his language. On a forum, what's the excuse? You don't accidently enter threads.

Sgt_BillDoor on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Drano wrote: »
    whats annoying about se++ is that a thread like this stays alive for way too long because everyone wants to give their two cents

lol

I'm not clever. :|

Seriously on
This discussion has been closed.