As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

POD XT and Fruity Loops - now what?

SpackleSpackle Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I've got the POD XT, using its USB interface to record into Audacity. I've got Fruity Loops and while i'm not an expert with the software, I am familiar with it.

So anyone with these devices have experience how they would go around laying a track down? Easier to program the drums then record guitar and sequence the guitar into Fruity Loops or what?

Taco Bell does win the franchise war according to the tome of knowledge that is Demolition Man. However, I've watched Demolition Man more then a few times and never once did I see WoW. In conclusion Taco Bell has more lasting power then WoW.
D&D Metal Thread: HERE
Spackle on

• Options
    blue integerblue integer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You can directly record guitar into Fruity Loops Producer now, so long as your POD XT has an ASIO driver. That should eliminate the need for multiple programs, and, will allow you to playback the remainder of your song while recording.

To do that, you actually use tracks in the mixer...in one of the effects slots for a particular track, select Edison. Hit record in Edison, then hit record and play on your main transport - I can explain this in further detail if you need!

If you don't want to record guitar in FL Studio, I'd recommend doing all the synthy stuff in there, exporting the result as a wave, and importing that into Audacity. That way, you'll be able to playback drums and other foundational stuff during your guitar recording.

I tend to lay down drums first, although the metronome works just as well if you're split for ideas. Sometimes, it's just not worth the time investment.

blue integer on
  • Options
    SpackleSpackle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for that!

I was able to record over some drums right into FL which is a big help, no need for multiple programs. Now to just think up drumming ideas....

Any suggested drum sample packs?

Spackle on
    Taco Bell does win the franchise war according to the tome of knowledge that is Demolition Man. However, I've watched Demolition Man more then a few times and never once did I see WoW. In conclusion Taco Bell has more lasting power then WoW.
    D&D Metal Thread: HERE
  • Options
    Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Spackle wrote: »
    Thanks for that!

I was able to record over some drums right into FL which is a big help, no need for multiple programs. Now to just think up drumming ideas....

Any suggested drum sample packs?

EZDrummer, although that's more of a 'virtual drummer' than a sample pack. Its samples sound great, though, and with the DFH Plugin it sounds virtually world class.

Bob The Monkey on